Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" (28312 Views)

Couple Got Married With Only 2 Guests, Bought Food At Nearby Eatery (Pix, Video) / My Ex Who Is Married With Kids Wants To Have Sex With Me / Lady Who Had Sex On First Date Says She Is Now Happily Married With A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by bigpicture001: 12:20pm On Mar 12, 2022
Women don't see red flag when there is money
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by GloriousGbola: 12:23pm On Mar 12, 2022
pocohantas:

I fit manage plenty things, but you see UNFORGIVING SPIRIT?! Hey! Run o. Those same Nairalanders that advised you to stay because men are scarce, would be here to talk something else soon.

Madam chucky who has said severally that she will not forgive infidelity and may even go full Italian babe on the guy?
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by pocohantas(f): 12:25pm On Mar 12, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Madam chucky who has said severally that she will not forgive infidelity and may even go full Italian babe on the guy?

I won’t forgive infidelity doesn’t mean I won’t forgive the person and the latter part was just me being mischievous. I would very well forgive the person. What I won’t forgive is the act. I would remove myself from that situation, mentally and if possible, physically.
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by Hotzone(m): 12:26pm On Mar 12, 2022
It’s for fvk sake, may be the s*x is sweet than the regret
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by mrdino(m): 12:26pm On Mar 12, 2022
Francisanointed:
Pardon my grammatical errors
A lot of people who regretted getting married to their spouse can attest to the fact that they saw the "red flags" but they insist on continuing the relationship and getting married.
Why do people do this ? Married men/women, single ladies/guys,what make/made you to think of marriage even after the red flags
A girl continues a relationship or marry a guy that beats her often,cheats on her unrepentantly,abuse her and disrespects her.
A guy continues a relationship where he sees the girl cheats,lies and disrespect him. Sometimes you know there are things you can't naturally tolerate but you tolerate them in relationship and eventually when you get married,you want those things you tolerated in your marriage to stop. That is impossible!
I know you can't marry someone that is 80 percent a version of you. But you must know what you can cope with

Why do people get married with someone they saw "red flags" ?

A relationship without "red flag(s)" does not exist. It's just a matter of choosing between the ones you can tolerate and the ones you can't, and how the virtues your partner possesses complement his/her vices (or red flags).

If you are married (or in a love relationship) and there is/are no red flags, kindly enlighten us how you went about it.
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by Hannover(m): 12:28pm On Mar 12, 2022
Cyntie55:
No one is perfect. Everybody has that red flag traits in them. All we need to do is to manage the red Flag of our partner hope he/she would change.

How are you sure you're not gonna see worse red flag out there, if you eventually end the relationship?

What if the man is a woman beater?
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by 9gerian: 12:33pm On Mar 12, 2022
For most guys these days it is a combination between SWOT and Cost Benefit Analysis.

SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) analysis is a method for identifying and analyzing internal strengths and weaknesses and external opportunities and threats that shape current and future operations and help develop strategic goals. SWOT analyses are not limited to companies. Individuals can also use SWOT analysis to engage in constructive introspection and form personal improvement goals.

A cost-benefit analysis is the process of comparing the projected or estimated costs and benefits (or opportunities) associated with a project decision to determine whether it makes sense.

Francisanointed:
A lot of people who regretted getting married to their spouse can attest to the fact that they saw the "red flags" but they insist on continuing the relationship and getting married.
Why do people do this ? Married men/women, single ladies/guys,what make/made you to think of marriage even after the red flags
A girl continues a relationship or marry a guy that beats her often,cheats on her unrepentantly,abuse her and disrespects her.
A guy continues a relationship where he sees the girl cheats,lies and disrespect him. Sometimes you know there are things you can't naturally tolerate but you tolerate them in relationship and eventually when you get married,you want those things you tolerated in your marriage to stop. That is impossible!
I know you can't marry someone that is 80 percent a version of you. But you must know what you can cope with

Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by addexx: 12:33pm On Mar 12, 2022
Cutehector:
i resonate with this. Anyone who cannot forgive is not a true christian.

Mehn is easy to say o. I pray you aren't put in such situation that makes forgiveness the last thing that comes to mind. You'd understand how hard that word is for some people cos of their gory experiences with others and not necessarily because they are bad people or 'not a true Christian' as you said.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by Lexusgs430: 12:34pm On Mar 12, 2022
Francisanointed:

Lack of values......... smiley
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by Hubeznigeria(m): 12:44pm On Mar 12, 2022
This is one reason why I tell two people who say they are in love to always listen to their genuine friends and Family. They might be seeing what you don't see; so listen to them

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by Kelvin3476: 12:45pm On Mar 12, 2022
Jennyclay:
I created a thread early January this year seeking for an advice about how my boyfriend is keeping malice with his father for over 3 years, even till today without opening up to me about what actually happened. Mind you he's a great guy with good qualities. But I saw that "malice" as a big red flag. But most nairalanders were saying Men are scares, you better continue with the relationship.

What if we had little misunderstanding in marriage will he forgive me or keep malice with me for years? If he can't forgive his father despite I've tried severally to talk to him politely, will he even forgive me? That was a very big red flag for me. I don't want to feel lonely in marriage.

If you're in a potential relationship and he/she is displaying some unwanted characters and you're seeing the signal clearly that it's a red flag but you're hoping he/she is gonna change, hmmm.. Honestly it's not easy to change a full grown man/woman. Don't give yourself false hope he/she will change.

Being in a Relationship is not all about Intercourse But interview. What do you do during an interview? You have a chance to communicate and study each other personality and character, it would be so easy to detect red flags. Don't be carried away by sex, money and gifts.
If he gat malice with his father, then he will force his wife in the malice gang.
Ur husband's family is part of the people u are marrying, if not the first.
HUGE RED FLAG
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by funshint(m): 12:48pm On Mar 12, 2022
Sometimes it's not love but "Insecurity"
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by RedEnergy: 12:49pm On Mar 12, 2022
Nobody is perfect. Just choose the poison that won't kill you
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by Crafteck1: 12:50pm On Mar 12, 2022
Cos they get carried away not knowing married is more than when u feel like being with someone.
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by fweshbobo(m): 12:54pm On Mar 12, 2022
BECAUSE OF BIG BUM BUM
They wanna die there
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by TeeFriz: 12:59pm On Mar 12, 2022
Mostly because they feel we all have our weaknesses and we should learn to tolerate one another. Truth is yes we do have our weaknesses, nobody is perfect. Tolerance is key. But unfortunately, some weaknesses turn toxic.
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by kwasoly(m): 1:00pm On Mar 12, 2022
Francisanointed:

Choice!!!
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by Omotosho1090905(m): 1:00pm On Mar 12, 2022
Emotions are weak that why I don't trust hem
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by jeff1607(m): 1:05pm On Mar 12, 2022
Francisanointed:

No human without a red flag when it comes to marriage, as everyone get coma, just get the one you can manage
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. I choose not to complicate the simple things. For me flaws are red flags and red flags are flaws. It makes it easier to deal with since the same rule pretty much apply to both where relationships are concerned. You pay attention to all of them and choose only those whose flaws/redflags you can live with. undecided

2. Not all red flags can be worked out like wrinkles out of a shirt. Some are just a part of your make up, and so you simply need to find those who don't have hangup about them. I know them and make sure they are on the table right from the door, and I also no longer apologize for having them. undecided

You're arguing over nothing. That guy is absolutely right. Wanted to comment on your first post on this but thought it wasn't necessary. Not until I saw that you're still dragging this ignorantly. The internet is a free space for anyone with access to post. The fact that someone puts a definition to something doesn't make it law. Flaw= shortcoming which every individual must have. Red is used to connote danger. It's basic English or common sense as the case may be.
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 1:14pm On Mar 12, 2022
It is stupidity, i have pulled out of many relationships became of incompatibility, also no man or woman is perfect, marry some you love and tolerate.
After marriage women character changes, get it.
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by harmargedon: 1:16pm On Mar 12, 2022
Love noni
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 12, 2022
Ahmed0336:
Love is Blind

Marriage will open its eyes.
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by ossyprince: 1:19pm On Mar 12, 2022
because we guys believe that along the lines the lady will change his character for good ..but it doesn't work like that...
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by kingyakos: 1:23pm On Mar 12, 2022
Jennyclay:
I created a thread early January this year seeking for an advice about how my boyfriend is keeping malice with his father for over 3 years, even till today without opening up to me about what actually happened. Mind you he's a great guy with good qualities. But I saw that "malice" as a big red flag. But most nairalanders were saying Men are scares, you better continue with the relationship.

What if we had little misunderstanding in marriage will he forgive me or keep malice with me for years? If he can't forgive his father despite I've tried severally to talk to him politely, will he even forgive me? That was a very big red flag for me. I don't want to feel lonely in marriage.

If you're in a potential relationship and he/she is displaying some unwanted characters and you're seeing the signal clearly that it's a red flag but you're hoping he/she is gonna change, hmmm.. Honestly it's not easy to change a full grown man/woman. Don't give yourself false hope he/she will change.

Being in a Relationship is not all about Intercourse But interview. What do you do during an interview? You have a chance to communicate and study each other personality and character, it would be so easy to detect red flags. Don't be carried away by sex, money and gifts.
If the malice between ur man and his dad has been there before he met you and he's not ready to open up to you, then try not to get into it but do your duty as a woman by PRAYING, Prayer works
If you know in your heart that you can't stay without him then he's your husband.
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by busariabeyx24(m): 1:24pm On Mar 12, 2022
Limerence
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by Gospel2Day: 1:30pm On Mar 12, 2022
Love is basically a strong emotion.
Whenever an emotion is explosively active, the mind segment of the brain shuts down almost completely.
Thus, someone in love is usually unreasonable.
This is why in the past it was usually the parents who used to select a spouse for their adult children.
They understood this psychological predicaments lovers fall into that diminish their sensibility.
Amorous, erotic love is a very dangerous emotion.
It has destroyed millions of young people around the world.
Shalom.
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by ShenTeh(m): 1:32pm On Mar 12, 2022
Truly, who no get red flag..

You just need to know the ones you can condone and the ones that are a no-no.

But our lives are all generally marked by red flags.
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by frankson1(m): 1:39pm On Mar 12, 2022
Francisanointed:

Sometimes, a partner might be thinking he/she has invested so much in the relationship to let go.

The number of years can also influence this.

There might be a particular thing the other partner or both are getting from each other and feels that it's the best either can get.

And of course, there's the fear of starting all over again with another person, especially the ladies who will have to wait to be wooed by guys unlike the guys themselves.

Again, it might be difficult to let go when they're well known by families and friends.

There are some who think they can manage what ever it is or expecting a sudden change.

'it haff do abeg' grin
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by FolaAk: 1:50pm On Mar 12, 2022
It beats me!!
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by pashiano: 1:51pm On Mar 12, 2022
Francisanointed:

It's simple, everybody has a red flag....are you gonna be rejecting everybody on the account of redflag
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by Munzy14(m): 1:58pm On Mar 12, 2022
Ahmed0336:
Love is Blind
See this one, love don dey wear contact lens o grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Men Must Zip Up. / 10 Ways To Make A Woman Fall Madly In Love With You.. / Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.