Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,156 members, 7,821,931 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" (28326 Views)

Couple Got Married With Only 2 Guests, Bought Food At Nearby Eatery (Pix, Video) / My Ex Who Is Married With Kids Wants To Have Sex With Me / Lady Who Had Sex On First Date Says She Is Now Happily Married With A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 12, 2022
seyz91:
You said it all
Yeah my paddy paddy

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by Elporo(m): 7:07pm On Mar 12, 2022
Wizywiz:
My brother na so me I see my own red flags oo.. family warn me I no hear...papa warn me I no hear...brothers and sisters warn me I know hear...Las Las we Don go out seperate ways ooo...make person no die for nothing... atleast am a happy man now...four years wasted..God is good all the time...now I don wash eye with Klin and hypo join..

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by cayorday89(m): 7:59pm On Mar 12, 2022
Jennyclay:
I created a thread early January this year seeking for an advice about how my boyfriend is keeping malice with his father for over 3 years, even till today without opening up to me about what actually happened. Mind you he's a great guy with good qualities. But I saw that "malice" as a big red flag. But most nairalanders were saying Men are scares, you better continue with the relationship.

What if we had little misunderstanding in marriage will he forgive me or keep malice with me for years? If he can't forgive his father despite I've tried severally to talk to him politely, will he even forgive me? That was a very big red flag for me. I don't want to feel lonely in marriage.

If you're in a potential relationship and he/she is displaying some unwanted characters and you're seeing the signal clearly that it's a red flag but you're hoping he/she is gonna change, hmmm.. Honestly it's not easy to change a full grown man/woman. Don't give yourself false hope he/she will change.

Being in a Relationship is not all about Intercourse But interview. What do you do during an interview? You have a chance to communicate and study each other personality and character, it would be so easy to detect red flags. Don't be carried away by sex, money and gifts.
I remembered this, but then I was not tempted to comment as I was in a similar but not neecesaarily same situation and it's hard commenting because he refused to give reasons and even his siblings and mum could not let you know the offense of his father which is the only part I will fault the guy... In my case my dad is a commandant that you must never go against his word whether right or wrong and the few times I will summon courage to talk he will shut me up with me leaving his house or do his bidding either its favorable to me or not. Now as an adult, I feel no connection with him and I can't even pick up my phone to call him if he calls I pick and our conversation will always be in seconds and when we see it's just greeting and that's all. But it's all your decision to take especially as your bf is not giving you reasons to hold onto for your own peace.
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by oshionelecky: 8:49pm On Mar 12, 2022
Jennyclay:
I created a thread early January this year seeking for an advice about how my boyfriend is keeping malice with his father for over 3 years, even till today without opening up to me about what actually happened. Mind you he's a great guy with good qualities. But I saw that "malice" as a big red flag. But most nairalanders were saying Men are scares, you better continue with the relationship.

What if we had little misunderstanding in marriage will he forgive me or keep malice with me for years? If he can't forgive his father despite I've tried severally to talk to him politely, will he even forgive me? That was a very big red flag for me. I don't want to feel lonely in marriage.

If you're in a potential relationship and he/she is displaying some unwanted characters and you're seeing the signal clearly that it's a red flag but you're hoping he/she is gonna change, hmmm.. Honestly it's not easy to change a full grown man/woman. Don't give yourself false hope he/she will change.

Being in a Relationship is not all about Intercourse But interview. What do you do during an interview? You have a chance to communicate and study each other personality and character, it would be so easy to detect red flags. Don't be carried away by sex, money and gifts.

In such situations, try to understand the root cause. A person reacting negatively to a particular behaviour doesn't make that person a write off, unless you know you have traits he/she doesn't like then you can jakpa. Also, a person who seems good doesn't mean he/she is okay. Remember, behaviour is largely circumstancial. The word is all about cause and effect. Actions and reactions. I don't subscribe to the believe that a person is good or bad, I believe that there are reasons for actions unless the person is crazy.

You can't expect a person to remain calm when his/her partner cheats, unless that person has a more evil plan cooking or the person is a complete fool.
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by Sunsets: 8:59pm On Mar 12, 2022
Every time, red flag red flag! What is red flag sef? People's imperfections. Nobody is perfect. Respect that, respect yourselves and all will be fine. Don't attempt to change anyone but make sure your life is not at risk around them and that your relationship with them doesn't expose you to fraud or illegality. Your husband or bf cannot be your father neither will your wife or gf be your mum or your ex.
Francisanointed:
Pardon my grammatical errors
A lot of people who regretted getting married to their spouse can attest to the fact that they saw the "red flags" but they insist on continuing the relationship and getting married.
Why do people do this ? Married men/women, single ladies/guys,what make/made you to think of marriage even after the red flags
A girl continues a relationship or marry a guy that beats her often,cheats on her unrepentantly,abuse her and disrespects her.
A guy continues a relationship where he sees the girl cheats,lies and disrespect him. Sometimes you know there are things you can't naturally tolerate but you tolerate them in relationship and eventually when you get married,you want those things you tolerated in your marriage to stop. That is impossible!
I know you can't marry someone that is 80 percent a version of you. But you must know what you can cope with

Why do people get married with someone they saw "red flags" ?
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by Amhappy(f): 9:08pm On Mar 12, 2022
Because we never saw the red flag as a deal breaker. We thought it'd something we can cope with until it shock us. Most times we overestimate ourselves and don't know that we are not that strong. There's no relationship without a red flag shaaa
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by Connected1: 10:02pm On Mar 12, 2022
Jennyclay:

If he tells you why they are keeping malice, what will you do then, what if his Dad raped his sister or killed someone close to him, do you expect him to forgive his Dad, for me I can't, it's either I kill you or we remain at malice forever.

Over curiosity kills a cat, it's even better you leave him, you clearly said he's a great guy, and if believe If you are worthy of hearing what happened he will definitely tell you, but I doubt you would keep your lips shut without letting a third ear hear about it.

Don't even try to say he hasn't forgiven in your relationship because both sides err in a relationship.
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by Harryzubbes77: 4:11am On Mar 13, 2022
Francisanointed:
A lot of people who regretted getting married to their spouse can attest to the fact that they saw the "red flags" but they insist on continuing the relationship and getting married.
Why do people do this ? Married men/women, single ladies/guys,what make/made you to think of marriage even after the red flags
A girl continues a relationship or marry a guy that beats her often,cheats on her unrepentantly,abuse her and disrespects her.
A guy continues a relationship where he sees the girl cheats,lies and disrespect him. Sometimes you know there are things you can't naturally tolerate but you tolerate them in relationship and eventually when you get married,you want those things you tolerated in your marriage to stop. That is impossible!
I know you can't marry someone that is 80 percent a version of you. But you must know what you can cope with

Soul tie is the major reason.
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by daylay7(m): 5:46am On Mar 13, 2022
For the fear of what people would say!
Francisanointed:

Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 5:57am On Mar 13, 2022
They believe or hope they can change them
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by bepositive11: 3:30pm On Mar 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. There are millions of people out there in what I would consider solid relationships who struggle with some of those issues on your list there due to mental illness but are married to partner's who understand their shortcomings/redflags and willingly choose to work with them even through it all. undecided

Suggesting your list an absolute one is to insist all of those with flaws that cannot be easily wisked away unworthy of happiness in relationship, when the triyh is far from that. undecided

2. It's ok you were able to do that in your case. I personally would be wary of anyone who claims to have no flaws/redflags, this because I am sure it is near impossible for a human to exist without them. undecided

And do understand these many of these things happen to us depending on where in life we find ourselves. So, yeah, anyone who seems to clean, I would definitely be even more wary of. . undecided

People in healthy relationships have no red flags. We all have flaws, but people who are capable of having healthy relationships have no red flags

People who have red flags get attracted to people who have red flags. That's why they end up in unhealthy relationships

People who don't have red flags can't stand people who have red flags, because the toxicity feels uncomfortable

I promise you, if you have red flags, you can never have a healthy relationship. If you are working on those red flags, you can grow with your partner and eventually get to a point where the relationship becomes healthy. But if you don't work on the red flags, you can never have a healthy relationship

You need to study why those red flags lead to toxic relationships and marriages to understand why I'm saying what I'm saying

You may also notice that I used terms like "extreme jealousy", because a little jealousy is ok but it becomes toxic when it's extreme
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by bepositive11: 3:31pm On Mar 13, 2022
kaymart:

U r truly intelligent....and Ur writing style is well explanatory.

Thank you. I appreciate it

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by Kobojunkie: 3:49pm On Mar 13, 2022
bepositive11:
People in healthy relationships have no red flags. We all have flaws, but people who are capable of having healthy relationships have no red flags

People who have red flags get attracted to people who have red flags. That's why they end up in unhealthy relationships

People who don't have red flags can't stand people who have red flags, because the toxicity feels uncomfortable

I promise you, if you have red flags, you can never have a healthy relationship. If you are working on those red flags, you can grow with your partner and eventually get to a point where the relationship becomes healthy. But if you don't work on the red flags, you can never have a healthy relationship

You need to study why those red flags lead to toxic relationships and marriages to understand why I'm saying what I'm saying

You may also notice that I used terms like "extreme jealousy", because a little jealousy is ok but it becomes toxic when it's extreme
I am afraid much of your premise is wrong. undecided

There are no healthy flawless/redflagless relationships out there. Every relationship has them... they are like risks, they are everywhere we look or turn. Instead what you call healthy relationships are relationships where theses risks are either properly managed or planned for. undecided
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by bepositive11: 3:54pm On Mar 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid much of your premise is wrong. undecided

There are no healthy flawless/redflagless relationships out there. Every relationship has them... they are like risks, they are everywhere we look or turn. Instead what you call healthy relationships are relationships where theses risks are either properly managed or planned for. undecided

I've studied this topic extensively so I know what I'm talking about.

Keep dismissing what I'm saying. You may eventually understand what I'm saying someday when you get married
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by Kobojunkie: 5:18pm On Mar 13, 2022
bepositive11:
1. I've studied this topic extensively so I know what I'm talking about.

2. Keep dismissing what I'm saying. You may eventually understand what I'm saying someday when you get married
1. And you think I haven't lived this topic enough to know where I stand in these things? undecided

2. That you think this is about dismissing you and uour assumed knowledge of these things means you don't know where theory ends, do you? undecided

When I get married? ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by Atimjessy(f): 5:36pm On Mar 13, 2022
If a man loves his woman, he will never see red flags. Love embraces all. Women are angels, love them.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by bepositive11: 11:28pm On Mar 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. And you think I haven't lived this topic enough to know where I stand in these things? undecided

2. That you think this is about dismissing you and uour assumed knowledge of these things means you don't know where theory ends, do you? undecided

When I get married? ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You're toxic men. I'm not conversing with you anymore. Even others on this forum have realised it
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by Kobojunkie: 11:34pm On Mar 13, 2022
bepositive11:
You're toxic men. I'm not conversing with you anymore. Even others on this forum have realised it
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy wink cheesy wink wink cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" by bepositive11: 1:44am On Mar 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy wink cheesy wink wink cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

When you're done laughing, Google the dangers of being in a relationship with someone who has each of the red flags you highlighted earlier

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kogi State University Freshest Graduate Propose To His Girlfriend (Photos) / 10 Ways To Make A Woman Fall Madly In Love With You.. / Bride On Crutches: Nigerian Lady Shares Her Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.