Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,519 members, 7,812,612 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia (49434 Views)

Ukrainian Doctor Orders Staff To Castrate Russians As They're 'Cockroaches' / Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' / Turkish President Calls On OIC Leaders To Unite And Confront Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Adams1989(m): 1:15am On Mar 09, 2022
You want to back down,what of innocent people that were killed life and properties destroy you made a wrong move believing Nato will help you
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by calcal: 2:38am On Mar 09, 2022
What happened to those bottles?

He wants to use bottles to fight missiles grin
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by aircom(m): 3:22am On Mar 09, 2022
It is the NATO countries that are barely recovering from the covid wave that had a massive hit in their economy that you want to mobilize troops or military support. These NATO countries are not scared, and every country under NATO has to be in agreement before making any move. They are not just ready to go to war let alone for a non Nato country. The stakes get alot higher if NATO gets involved. Putin just hit them at a critical time

1 Like

Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Jagunlabiodua: 4:00am On Mar 09, 2022
Lol you know nothing about this war, Ukraine had never attempted to join NATO, they want to join now because of the attack by Russia. Russia has no reason for this war, the real reason for the war is the greed of Putin in attempting to creat a new Soviet union. Russia is not a strong military force. The only place Russia is strong is in Nuclear weapons which it can never try to use on any country but issue threats and test to frighten the USA.
maasoap:

And what is he trying to do NOW after the destruction? It wasn't even about surrendering, it was about not joining NATO.
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Jagunlabiodua: 4:07am On Mar 09, 2022
No Emotions but it takes a very foolish man to support Russia when the whole world and the UN security council have spoken to condemn Russia. Russia is a vilian, nobody wants to identify with a country killing citizens of another inside Europe not even in middle east or Africa. Do you know the technology in Europe or you think Europe is Africa that was conquered. That Ukraine you are seeing can as well produce Nuclear weapons to destroy Russia. This is why no reasonable man will attempt to act like Hitler in Europe in 21st century except Putin. Who thinks he has arrive with Nuclear weapons.
Officialgarri:
some of you are just children with access to internet. You emotions speaks volume and your ignored is glaring to all. Don't delve into topics you don't understand. Leave your emotions in the romance section
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by OLULAW: 4:41am On Mar 09, 2022
F4ku:
Haha

When we warned you, the devil (USA/UK), kept whispering to you, encouraging you to forge ahead..Not knowing for the fact that Ukraine was the pawn used to test waters..
Now it has dawn to you that you've failed. You were used and dumped.

CNN kept on riding on the emotional Sentimental simpletons globally and here in Nairaland..

The fact remains Non of the NATO super powers would have allowed any SOVEREIGN NATIONS close to them.. Ie Brazil, Cuba to accept RUSSIA, CHINA come close with there own (millitary hardware).. Fact!!!

Zelensky now you've accepted the truth, simply accept Russia's proposal, step down,
Quietly walk the lonely part and hide in obscurity forever...

Moral of the story..
ALWAYS USE YOUR HEAD..
DON'T BE THE PAWN IN THE CHESS GAME OF WAR ..

Terrible English in places.
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Bluntemperor: 4:48am On Mar 09, 2022
deepwater:
this guy is a fighter
he understands the languages of war
he beats the drum of propaganda but on the enemy lines, his home fronts, allies and that of anticiparted supporters...
he knows what he is doing and how reverse psychology works...
all is fair in war...they say!

Why should Ukraine just making application to join NATO at the twilight of War,when others like Poland,etc have done this a long time ago?
- the West never promised the Ukraine anything because you are not a Member of the Alliance and it's not at war time you will now want USA to supply you ammunition,it's like you want to draw them to War!
The West will help but the bravery of Ukrainians is excellent, especially the casualty of Russians Soldiers are rising to thousands and despite Russians bravado,they are loosing both men and machinery.
Nonsensical War by Mr Putin.
Russians can never be trusted again!
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by F4ku: 5:04am On Mar 09, 2022
OLULAW:

Terrible English in places.

Highlight them for me bro..
So i can take corrections.
Goodmorning

1 Like

Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by orisa37: 8:23am On Mar 09, 2022
EASY SELENSKY. US UK & EU ARE WITH YOU SO NATO LOVES YOU.
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by NBY1: 8:43am On Mar 09, 2022
Stupid leader, You started what you can't finished..... I pity those Citizen that you endangering their life
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Gentlerespect76: 9:19am On Mar 09, 2022
Princewell2012:

But the media says Ukraine is winning.
There is a reason why you don't believe everything the media tells you.
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by omohayek: 10:52am On Mar 09, 2022
wirinet:

This Ukrainian Alibaba dey smoke loud. He wants NATO to confront Russia, a country with more than 6000 nuclear warheads, half pointed at Europe, the other half pointed at America, because of his ambition to remain in power.

A nuclear tipped missile will strike London in less than 15 minutes. The rest of Europe's NATO countries would even take less time.

This line of argument makes absolutely no sense. The USA has nearly as many nuclear warheads as Russia, while both the UK and France have over 200 each. In addition, the strategic triads of the 3 western countries are more secure than Russia's, as they have ultra-stealthy nuclear submarines that can launch their warheads from anywhere in the oceans. By launching a nuclear warhead against a NATO country, Putin would be just as surely signing the death warrant of himself and nearly every other Russian besides (as well as the deaths of billions across the world from nuclear winter). This is a reality both sides have understood perfectly well since the 1950s, which is why such threats by Putin carry next to no credibility in any policymaker's mind, even if they make for the sorts of hysterical headlines journalists know will drive traffic.

You're free to hate Zelensky as much as you like (though I don't understand why you harbor so much more hatred for him than for the man who launched an unecessary war that has already driven 2 million from their homes and slaughtered thousands), but the man is only doing his constitutional duty by appealing for help from any quarter he can to save his country. That's why he is so widely admired around the world, even by those who tell him they can't deliver what he's asking - because they understand what drives him to make such appeals. You might as well be ridiculing a mother wailing and begging bystanders to help them save her child who has been abducted by armed robbers - people with empathy can understand why the appeal is made even as they know it would be unreasonable to respond to it.

1 Like

Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by wirinet(m): 5:38pm On Mar 09, 2022
omohayek:

This line of argument makes absolutely no sense. The USA has nearly as many nuclear warheads as Russia, while both the UK and France have over 200 each. In addition, the strategic triads of the 3 western countries are more secure than Russia's, as they have ultra-stealthy nuclear submarines that can launch their warheads from anywhere in the oceans. By launching a nuclear warhead against a NATO country, Putin would be just as surely signing the death warrant of himself and nearly every other Russian besides (as well as the deaths of billions across the world from nuclear winter). This is a reality both sides have understood perfectly well since the 1950s, which is why such threats by Putin carry next to no credibility in any policymaker's mind, even if they make for the sorts of hysterical headlines journalists know will drive traffic.

You're free to hate Zelensky as much as you like (though I don't understand why you harbor so much more hatred for him than for the man who launched an unecessary war that has already driven 2 million from their homes and slaughtered thousands), but the man is only doing his constitutional duty by appealing for help from any quarter he can to save his country. That's why he is so widely admired around the world, even by those who tell him they can't deliver what he's asking - because they understand what drives him to make such appeals. You might as well be ridiculing a mother wailing and begging bystanders to help them save her child who has been abducted by armed robbers - people with empathy can understand why the appeal is made even as they know it would be unreasonable to respond to it.

You are assuming Putin is rational or sane. The more he loses his grip on power the more irrational he will become. Have you not heard the adage "never argue with a mad man because people might not know the difference between you two".

Why I blame Zelensky is because he refused to talk to putin and then he was pursuing NATO membership too desperately. He even imput NATO membership into the constitution. He should be aware that this would really antagonise Putin. He doesn't understand international politics. Because of the sensitivity of Russia many countries in NATO would never allow Ukraine to join NATO. I never saw Germany voting to allow Ukraine into NATO and also putin had sworn that over his dead body would he allow Ukraine and Georgia to join NATO. Zelensky would have declared neutrality and putin would not have had an excuse to directly invade Ukraine.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fernando Villavicencio: Presidential Candidate In Ecuador Assassinated At Rally / Wanted Pussy Riot Band Leader Escapes Russia By Wearing A Food Delivery Disguise / IDF Kills Shadi Barud, The Deputy Head Of Hamas Intelligence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.