Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,536 members, 7,812,664 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia (49440 Views)

Ukrainian Doctor Orders Staff To Castrate Russians As They're 'Cockroaches' / Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' / Turkish President Calls On OIC Leaders To Unite And Confront Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Gaddafi1: 3:47pm On Mar 08, 2022
ItsGoodToBeGood:
The earlier you realize that NATO is not for you the better. NOW THEY HAVE LEFT YOU. cry

Just man up and negotiate peacefully with Russia before they rush you out
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by zinaunreal(m): 3:47pm On Mar 08, 2022
HITdemUP:
Gradually swallowing his pride

Both leaders are swallowing their pride. Russia have lost also
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by streetfabulous: 3:48pm On Mar 08, 2022
Johnsghana:

The real issues that this Russian military operations has brought to the fore is the that the West has too much control over global trade, media and finance. As the leader of any country, I would worried about the ability of the West to pull levers and switch plugs that will make life difficult for you and your people when you disagree with them. And their immoral use of their control of the media to slander opponents into submission.
We need to start thinking about this dependency issues and start building independent systems or alternative systems like China has largely done.
Exactly. Many are excited about the sanctions on Russia and fail to realise how our lives have become so dependent on western innovations that makes us very vulnerable such that they can bend us by simply "unplugging and disconnecting". Like you, I have been concerned about how much power the west have amassed and the possibility of abusing it in future if we don't agree to even unreasonable demands. I believe that after this crises, many of these things will be aggressively addressed especially by Russia and many other countries. I am beginning to see China's wisdom in replicating all these technologies instead of depending on the west.

6 Likes

Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by jcross19: 3:48pm On Mar 08, 2022
inoki247:

Ukraine can't withstand Russia buh na Russia go tire cos entering into people's domain to take over dere land no b Moi moi the same way wey US take tire for Afghanistan na so Russia go tire cos this kind of war no b wetin u fit celebrate for long cos if u capture this territory today dey will goan restrategize to take bak dere territory....

So the war na anoda Afghanistan type of war..
that's jot true , don't compare Afghanistan war with this Ukraine , Afghanistan war has turned to religious war where some fanatics ready to sacrifice their lives in exchanged for Islamic Paradise.. In Ukraine nothing like that..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Tellwhat: 3:49pm On Mar 08, 2022
I'm not surprised at all. It seems the comedian has finally realized this is not comedy or a joke

I only pity the innocent Ukrainian citizens

Ukraine is the loser in all this their buildings destroyed whereas Russia is untouched

The west should have respected their boundaries and be contented with the power they wield all over the world. No need to overshadow eastern power bloc

1 Like

Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Holaomoakin(m): 3:51pm On Mar 08, 2022
I don't know why Putin is hyping NATO for Zelensky!
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Tellwhat: 3:52pm On Mar 08, 2022
streetfabulous:

Exactly. Many are excited about the sanctions on Russia and fail to realise how our lives have become so dependent on western innovations that makes us very vulnerable such that they can bend us by simply "unplugging and disconnecting". Like you, I have been concerned about how much power the west have amassed and the possibility of abusing it in future if we don't agree to even unreasonable demands. I believe that after this crises, many of these things will be aggressively addressed especially by Russia.
Exactly. Some of this so called Christians/Muslims or religious Africans always ready to azzlick the west despite all the atrocities the west commited in this continent

This religious fanaticics don't know that absolute power is dangerous.

I will always hope USA/west hold more power than Russia/China but I won't hope for USA to have absolute power

If not one day we will wake up and see USA dealing with African nations simply because they refused to legalise gay marriage or maybe USA ban polygamy or some other bs

We rely too much on the west

1 Like

Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by bigjoe1000(m): 3:52pm On Mar 08, 2022
I still love d Ukrainian president,he has shown d works dat he is man dat cnt be tossed around
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Mftivi: 3:55pm On Mar 08, 2022
deepwater:
this guy is a fighter
he understands the languages of war
he beats the drum of propaganda but on the enemy lines, his home fronts, allies and that of anticiparted supporters...
he knows what he is doing and how reverse psychology works...
all is fair in war...they say!
you will make a good stand up comedian.
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by excel101(m): 3:57pm On Mar 08, 2022
Ukranian President Zelensky know what h!'s doing. He works with NATO in secrete, while he condemn them publicly.
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Goldentulip2: 3:57pm On Mar 08, 2022
Na now you know abi smh
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Divoc19(f): 3:57pm On Mar 08, 2022
Zelenzky mumu man angry
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by streetfabulous: 4:02pm On Mar 08, 2022
Tellwhat:

Exactly. Some of this so called Christians/Muslims or religious Africans always ready to azzlick the west despite all the atrocities the west commited in this continent

This religious fanaticics don't know that absolute power is dangerous.

I will always hope USA/west hold more power than Russia/China but I won't hope for USA to have absolute power

If not one day we will wake up and see USA dealing with African nations simply because they refused to legalise gay marriage or maybe USA ban polygamy or some other bs

We rely too much on the west
cheesy I swear, that is where they will start with us in future. By the time we continue to refuse their views on marriage, gender and sexuality, they will just disconnect us from swift, mastercard, Google map and may be the internet cheesy that is when we will realise that these guys literally have us by the balls. Some of these sanctions on Russia has made me realise how screwed we are.

1 Like

Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Lordkratus(m): 4:05pm On Mar 08, 2022
phkka1:
The beast called Putin should be tamed.
fly to Russia, wear your beast taming apron and tame him, don't be an online warrior
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Camelot65: 4:06pm On Mar 08, 2022
ken6488:
Russia is not annexing their land

Russia plan on taking only Crimea
Has Russia not taken it??
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Eastcaostboy: 4:09pm On Mar 08, 2022
Kortumar:
Your realization came too late. Amateur politician
Common sense, what do expect him to say boi, that US is supplying them enough weapons Abi? You are the amature
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Geesaintagape: 4:09pm On Mar 08, 2022
It's still early enough to surrender Mr Zelensky
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Oyiboman69: 4:10pm On Mar 08, 2022
Officialgarri:
I really can't fathom what's in this Ukrainian president's head.

Does he even realize he can't defeat Russia neither would any country risk engaging Russia directly thereby dragging everyone into another world war?
so he should surrender his country to another an pledge loyalty to them irrespective of the 80% of people who voted for him to lead them?

Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Rilwayne001: 4:11pm On Mar 08, 2022
Naija4love:
cheesy grin grin grin grin bros putin said we should stop calling it war or invasion. He said this is military exercise in Ukraine. cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin grin
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Oyiboman69: 4:12pm On Mar 08, 2022
Baybii:
shocked

This was exactly what I told my friend before this war started!

Ukraine should have ignored the West with their fake and false promises and obeyed Russia from the beginning. If they had done that, this ungodly war would have been averted!!!

Now see, houses have been destroyed, investments lost, countless people have turned into refugees including Nigerians who thought they had escaped.

I still hope the war ends really soon.
what should you have done in this instance if you were the President of Ukraine?
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by baralatie(m): 4:16pm On Mar 08, 2022
Oyiboman69:
what should you have done in this instance if you were the President of Ukraine?
Be nuetral

But as I am seeing this one oo

This was are.will.entee another round of intense shelling

Because it seems like zelensky wants ww3 between Russia and NATO
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Camelot65: 4:18pm On Mar 08, 2022
maticar:
and nairaland analyst especially that @fernandezisback be egging this man on to his death for nothing

believe in NATO at your own peril
where did NATO promise to help him??
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Kazim88: 4:22pm On Mar 08, 2022
onuman:
Zelensky thought that NATO would risk a war against Russia.

He is a comedian elected president of Ukraine.

He did not "Thought", He was promised a war against Russia.
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Fortune109: 4:23pm On Mar 08, 2022
MERCHANDISER:

Make I see any comedian wey dey contest election in Nigeria, he go collect 2by 2

grin grin
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Johnsghana(m): 4:24pm On Mar 08, 2022
streetfabulous:

Exactly. Many are excited about the sanctions on Russia and fail to realise how our lives have become so dependent on western innovations that makes us very vulnerable such that they can bend us by simply "unplugging and disconnecting". Like you, I have been concerned about how much power the west have amassed and the possibility of abusing it in future if we don't agree to even unreasonable demands. I believe that after this crises, many of these things will be aggressively addressed especially by Russia and many other countries. I am beginning to see China's wisdom in replicating all these technologies instead of depending on the west.

There are things that should not be subjected to politicization. Things like trade, finance, and media.
This happening now is a blessing and an eye opener for the rest of the world.
The trade imbalances, technological colonisation, financial dependencies etc needs to be addressed.

How far is really to far?
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by WoundedLamb: 4:25pm On Mar 08, 2022
For two reasons, NATO will not confront Russia. First, Ukraine is not a NATO member. Second (the main reason) Russia is like a mad man with a gun.

If there's anything we've learned from this invasion, it is the fact that the Russian army is not a match for that of the United States. If the US fought back directly, they would be in a war with Russia. If Putin thought he couldn’t win that war with conventional arms alone (he’s having a hard enough time against just the Ukrainian army), he might very well escalate to nuclear war. Putin has no moral authority to defend. He doesn't mind nuking the world. His idea of "if I go down, the world must go down with me" is preposterous. Seeing the kind of person we're dealing with here, the onus is on the US/NATO to make sure it doesn't come to that. So yes, NATO is afraid of Putin, not because he is superior but because he is mad and must be approached carefully.
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Oyiboman69: 4:26pm On Mar 08, 2022
baralatie:

Be nuetral

But as I am seeing this one oo

This was are.will.entee another round of intense shelling

Because it seems like zelensky wants ww3 between Russia and NATO
NATO or whatever never had any issue with Russia in the first place...why are you people dragging NATO into the conflict in the first place cos NATO didn't accept Ukraine and it was Russia which annexed Crimea and also recognized luansk that is prompting Ukraine to seek solace in the hands of NATO in the first place. Is it too difficult for you to see the oppression in this whole thing?
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Quiny32323: 4:27pm On Mar 08, 2022
Baybii:
shocked

This was exactly what I told my friend before this war started!

Ukraine should have ignored the West with their fake and false promises and obeyed Russia from the beginning. If they had done that, this ungodly war would have been averted!!!

Now see, houses have been destroyed, investments lost, countless people have turned into refugees including Nigerians who thought they had escaped.

I still hope the war ends really soon.

This guy wouldn't have surrendered even if the west didn't intervene or do you expect him to just resign or give up the territory, the good thing is that his people are ready to die instead of bowing to Russia
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by frowland(m): 4:30pm On Mar 08, 2022
Blackman7:

Hope you remembered when Germany invaded France or Austria, hope you know the date? Do the calculations.
Then come back and we can have a discussion.
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by mclloyd22: 4:32pm On Mar 08, 2022
xpressionx:
Ok

Ukraine to NATO: My people I need help.

NATO: Okay bro.

Real life lesson: nobody but your self got you!
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by Tellwhat: 4:34pm On Mar 08, 2022
streetfabulous:

cheesy I swear, that is where they will start with us in future. By the time we continue to refuse their views on marriage, gender and sexuality, they will just disconnect us from swift, mastercard, Google map and may be the internet cheesy that is when we will realise that these guys literally have us by the balls. Some of these sanctions on Russia has made me realise how screwed we are.
Exactly. Russia and other progressive nations will learn from it

But not we Africans we go continue dey rely on our colonial masters and be willing tools for them
Re: Zelensky: I Lost Interest In NATO, I Realized They're Afraid To Confront Russia by rita25(f): 4:35pm On Mar 08, 2022
DEAR UKRANIANIAN BUHARI......YOU NEVER SEE ANYTHING grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin AFTER THEY PUSH YOU....PUTIN RED EYE THEM BAIL OUT LEAVING YOU TO CHOP SHIT AND CLEAN YOUR OWN MESS grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

IDF Kills Shadi Barud, The Deputy Head Of Hamas Intelligence / Soldier Who Joined Army Just To Become Expert At Killing Black People Kicked Out / The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.