Stats: 3,155,844 members, 7,828,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State (27284 Views)

Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" / Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor / "I Remain Governor Of Osun State" - Gboyega Oyetola (2) (3) (4)

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by Bastiger(m): 5:35pm On Mar 08, 2022
A judgement that was influenced... by who oga? A jungle justice that was purchased? by who sir?? yeye dey smell
Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by don10ky(m): 5:37pm On Mar 08, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

HE Obaseki and his Deputy actually contested as PDP candidates so their mandate was from votes validly counted for PDP sir.
Don't mind the guy he jus talk rubbishy without fact

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by JONNYSPUTE(m): 5:41pm On Mar 08, 2022
don10ky:

Don't mind the guy he jus talk rubbishy without fact
...What of Ayade of cross River state and that of Zamfara state?
Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by usagee36: 5:43pm On Mar 08, 2022
Senior lawyer my azz. Does lawyers have a say in Nigeria?
Confirmedzombie:
As a senior lawyer I think the judge misfired

It is best to petition the NJC while Appeal is filled

There is no provision in the constitution of Nigeria that says any governor who defects to other party loses his position.

As at the time Umahi defected, PDP were in crisis over its former National chairman Uche Sevondus.

Im very sure the Judge will be sanctioned.

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by Tareq1105: 5:44pm On Mar 08, 2022
damirosky60:
The judgement will not stand.

It will not stand bcoz change of party is not a ground for removing a serving governor.

Even in the new amendment, nothing was said about decampee.
Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by JONNYSPUTE(m): 5:46pm On Mar 08, 2022
Tareq1105:

It will not stand bcoz change of party is not a ground for removing a serving governor.

Even in the new amendment, nothing was said about decampee.
...The judge no well I swear. He should go and read the constitution very well
Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by NGArmyTerrorist: 5:47pm On Mar 08, 2022
An agent sent to scatter the enemies camp, see how everything backfired! You have to really start afresh! Enemies camps on fire in the Zoo! See the kind of Politicking they're always playing..

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by SmartPolician: 5:50pm On Mar 08, 2022
ButterBurger:
Of course.
Nobody in the government obey court order anymore.
Nobody even respect and honor their judgements as well.
A whole judicial.
See how Nigerian politicians useless the court.

Very lawless a nation

Story for the deities!

If this case gets to the Supreme Court and the court passes its verdict, Umahi will vacate that seat immediately or be thrown away.

Power pass power!

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by Kinpin: 5:50pm On Mar 08, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

HE Obaseki and his Deputy actually contested as PDP candidates so their mandate was from votes validly counted for PDP sir.

You are doing well
Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by Christistruth00: 5:51pm On Mar 08, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Obaseki and his deputy failed to relinquish their Postions in APC when they defected to PDP to Contest

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by Tareq1105: 5:51pm On Mar 08, 2022
chymeze:

The judge never misfired. Judges give judgement on the basis of the evidence brought before it and not based on emotions or sentiments. If PDP were able to do their homework by proving beyond reasonable doubt to the judge that there were no crises in the party at the time umahi defected, and umahi's lawyers were not able to convince the judge that there was crises in PDP, my dear any judge would fairly award the case in favor of PDP, and you can't blame the judge for awarding the case in favor of PDP who did their homework and were able to prove their case with facts. So in essence, judgements are based on your ability to prove your case with facts and evidence, and not by blowing up sentiments and emotions.
Truth is, I however actually see umahi winning at the supreme court because the Chief justice is probably sympathetic to the APC. But if the supreme court decides to be unbiased, then umahi is finished especially with the sagacious lawyers that PDP has as governors like Wike and Tambuwal who know the right button and spot to press legally to finish an individual.

Can you tell us the address of the Chambers of Wike and Tambuwal?

Wait wait.... and the hospital of Dr Saraki.

Useless political animals.
Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by Foolishbuhari: 5:53pm On Mar 08, 2022
pquaver:

Please tell us how Dino melaye, saraki and Orton, Obaseki escaped their own? Was there 2 chairmen with oshomole in apc? Abeg

I just told you how Saraki and the rest were able to escape theirs in the last paragraph of what you quoted.

Prior to 2019 polls, the APC had internal tussles, but no factions. The APC also didn't take the defectors to court, so that's their win and APC'S loss.

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by Indispensable85(m): 5:56pm On Mar 08, 2022
chrisxxx:

We are getting there. Federal High Court has just laid the track, Supreme Court will do the finishing and hence we have a verifiable precedence for future references.

Yeah...... we'll be waiting to see what happens eventually. My forecast is that the governor and deputy will be saved eventually but the law makers i doubt.

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by JONNYSPUTE(m): 6:02pm On Mar 08, 2022
Indispensable85:

Yeah...... we'll be waiting to see what happens eventually. My forecast is that the governor and deputy will be saved eventually but the law makers i doubt.
...Our Constitution just saved the governor and his deputy.Lol

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by Peacecore: 6:13pm On Mar 08, 2022
chymeze:

The judge never misfired. Judges give judgement on the basis of the evidence brought before it and not based on emotions or sentiments. If PDP were able to do their homework by proving beyond reasonable doubt to the judge that there were no crises in the party at the time umahi defected, and umahi's lawyers were not able to convince the judge that there was crises in PDP, my dear any judge would fairly award the case in favor of PDP, and you can't blame the judge for awarding the case in favor of PDP who did their homework and were able to prove their case with facts. So in essence, judgements are based on your ability to prove your case with facts and evidence, and not by blowing up sentiments and emotions.
Truth is, I however actually see umahi winning at the supreme court because the Chief justice is probably sympathetic to the APC. But if the supreme court decides to be unbiased, then umahi is finished especially with the sagacious lawyers that PDP has as governors like Wike and Tambuwal who know the right button and spot to press legally to finish an individual.
u ppl will just sit down n right what dat comes to ya mind just bcoz u don't like a particular political party. U now believe that judgement in Nigeria can't be bought or influence rather than by evidence since it favoured ya party. It would've been d other way round if Obaseki was sacked when he cross_carpeted to contest for PDP primary with APC mandate. Nigerians and double standard are like 5&6.

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by Ugonna62: 6:16pm On Mar 08, 2022
christistruth01:
The Judgement has also disqualified Gov Obaseki of Edo State and his deputy

That means he was not a valid PDP Candidate
Ur very wrong,obaseki never defected,he was a candidate of PDP b4,during and after the election,and PDP eventualy won, so the votes that brought him to power for a second term belong to the PDP

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 08, 2022
Nigeria judiciary is the worst institution in the history of this country, where you give money and get judgement, But I believe those that are behind this game will eat from their anus soon.
Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by Cognitivereason: 6:24pm On Mar 08, 2022
Maxymilliano:
[s]Umahi can only keep grasping at straws but he's a goner.

The position of the is that it is illegal for an elected officer to defect from a party if there are no internal issues or crisis in the party that warrants defection. It's on this grounds that the judge based his judgment.[/s]

Any Governor can defect from a party irrespective of any crises
Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by SIONKPO1(m): 6:30pm On Mar 08, 2022
seunmsg:
No shaking. PDP is not smelling Ebonyin state house anytime soon.
At your level of exposure you shouldn't be typing gibberish
What does our Laws says about Defection without having internal crisis in a party

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by naija4life247: 6:31pm On Mar 08, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Umahi can only keep grasping at straws but he's a goner.

The position of the is that it is illegal for an elected officer to defect from a party if there are no internal issues or crisis in the party that warrants defection. It's on this grounds that the judge based his judgment.

There is no time that there I'd no internal crisis in the top two fraudulent partied in Nigeria. Currently, Wike the wicked is on the neck of the only Presidential aspirant named Atikuchukwu Abubakar in PDP. All Southern governors are on the neck of the Central Working Committee of the PDP for the Presidential ticket to be zoned to the South.

APC own is free for all fight.
Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by JONNYSPUTE(m): 6:35pm On Mar 08, 2022
SIONKPO1:

At your level of exposure you shouldn't be typing gibberish
What does our Laws says about Defection without having internal crisis in a party
...Go and read the combined effects of section 180,188 and 189 of our Constitution and find out the circumstances of how a sitting govonor can be removed.
The place you are talking about the camping did not say anything about the executive arms.It talked about the legislative only and this is his saving grace.
Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by ultimate77(m): 6:38pm On Mar 08, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
If this report is true, then this is not a dignified response,it is too emotional and can embarrass his lawyers when presented in court.
Sincerely,I sympathize with him.

My consolation remains that all these sudden developments will still end in praise to God for the Asiwaju Tinubu victory at the Presidential poll.

On the mandate of Asiwaju Tinubu I stand. Please support and vote for Asiwaju Tinubu.
#Iyanumashele
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

After you seemed to write something worth reading you ended it with a clueless campaign for an already dead man.

Can you just shut up and continue your suffering!!

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by sapientia(m): 6:43pm On Mar 08, 2022
Cantonese:

Truly bros, you be real confirmed zombie.

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by betshopagent(m): 6:46pm On Mar 08, 2022
seunmsg:
No shaking. PDP is not smelling Ebonyin state house anytime soon.
neither wud APC. APGA is taking over.
Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by Godjone(m): 6:48pm On Mar 08, 2022
christistruth01:
The Judgement has also disqualified Gov Obaseki of Edo State and his deputy

That means he was not a valid PDP Candidate
you nor get sense at all. Read yourself again
Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by JohnBullMySon: 7:04pm On Mar 08, 2022
seunmsg:

He will remain the governor till the end of his tenure. The appeal court will upturn the useless judgement.
Hope you know that a court order must be obeyed pending appeal?

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by Bloggz74(m): 7:04pm On Mar 08, 2022
Comrade appeal court and FCT Fedral High Court which one is higher in precedent?

seunmsg:

He will remain the governor till the end of his tenure. The appeal court will upturn the useless judgement.
Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by seunmsg(m): 7:07pm On Mar 08, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Hope you know that a court order must be obeyed pending appeal?

Appeal will be lodged before the judgement can be implemented.
Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by Tomek09(m): 7:07pm On Mar 08, 2022
That Justice Inyang Ekwo of FCT High Court is making joke of the judiciary. He should be restrained from giving cash n carry judgment. Gov Umahi and Dr Kelechi Igwe must serve out their tenure. The judgment is dead on arrival.
Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by Tomek09(m): 7:10pm On Mar 08, 2022
Bloggz74:
Comrade appeal court and FCT Fedral High Court which one is higher in precedent?

Chief Magistrate Court < State High Court < Federal High Court < Appeal Court < Supreme Court.

Appeal Court is higher than Federal High Court in precedent and order of supremacy.
Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by JohnBullMySon: 7:11pm On Mar 08, 2022
seunmsg:

Appeal will be lodged before the judgement can be implemented.
Whether an appeal is launched or not, a court order must be obeyed until a higher court overturns it. Take for example peter Obi's case. He was in court for three years, during that period was he governor?

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by Mrtaye: 7:19pm On Mar 08, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Umahi can only keep grasping at straws but he's a goner.

The position of the is that it is illegal for an elected officer to defect from a party if there are no internal issues or crisis in the party that warrants defection. It's on this grounds that the judge based his judgment.

Am Yoruba but you should try school yourself about the Nigeria construction,is Umahi the first governor to decamp? common sense is not actually common just because you hate someone

Voting Ends At Ruling APC Presidential Primary / Supporters In The North Brand 30 Cars To Support Peter Obi / Buhari Returns To Nigeria After Vacation In London

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54