Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,891 members, 7,828,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend (33051 Views)

Lady Introduces Her New Boyfriend To Her Husband & Boyfriend (pics/video) / I Slept With My Ex And I Think My Husband Knows / My New Boyfriend Is Already Hinting For Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend by mrdino(m): 10:32am On Mar 09, 2022
MamiTer:
Hello good people of nairaland, I have a pressing issue and I really need your help.

A couple of years back I broke up with my boyfriend whom I really loved due to distance barriers. Getting over him was difficult for me so I had to go into a relationship with one of my toasters in order to get him off my mind.

I achieved my aim after a couple of months but the current guy was unwilling to let go, I didn't love him and couldn't get myself to love him despite trying to. I know I was selfish and opened up to him but he insisted that I would warm up to him with time and grow to love him.

The relationship was far from perfect, I was in it solely for what I benefited but we weren't compatible and it was from one issue to another. We were always at logger heads all the time. He insults me and my family at any given opportunity and talks down on me using secrets I shared with him as leverage each time we quarrel. He shredded my self-esteem.

He was insecure and attacked my male friends at any given opportunity including my lecturers, he would access my social media accounts and send derogatory message to any male contact he feels is making a pass at me.
All these attitudes made me fed up with him and I decided to breakup for good.

Early this year I met a guy online and somehow we vibed together quickly, we met physically for the first time and it felt like we've known for ages. Everything moved so quickly with this new guy that I started developing serious feelings for him. I was scared because I never knew I would feel something like that again after I broke up with my other ex.

This new guy makes me happy and treats me like a woman, anytime spent with him is always memorable and I don't feel like leaving. The chemistry that we share is super strong and everything seems so perfect.

Now to my issue, this new guy is a fresh graduate and not yet stable, I don't have issues with his financial status because he made me realize a Lady can actually be happy without money being thrown at her. But I'm still scared of going all full into the relationship he might go for service and never come back to me. I don't just want a repeat of my previous relationship that got shattered after my ex relocated.

On the other hand, the other guy is hell bent on getting me back, he's been pleading and sending people to beg me even though I told him I've moved on and has even had sex with the new guy but he still wants me back.

I'm confused and don't know what to do, my heart is with the new guy but the other guy is making things so difficult for me and almost driving me insane. Can I still grow to love him?? Though I've been unable to after almost a year.

Should move on with the new guy?? I've known him for barely two months but it seems I've known him for ages, my feelings are exploding and I can hardly control them which is making me scared.

I'm sorry for the long epistle but I had to let it all out.
Please advice me.

I don't think you are matured enough for a relationship, it seems you are still in the trial-and-error phase that most girls of this generation go through.

My advice:
You don't need to rush into any relationship (forget about peer pressure), take some time off, like a year to heal off from your past relationships and figure out what you really want in a life partner. If you don't, you will keep falling into wrong hands, thereby increasing your body counts without achieving your goals and that might really affect your self-esteem.

A confused individual is very easy to manipulate and exploit.

1 Like

Re: I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend by biggz82: 10:34am On Mar 09, 2022
This op na normal ashawo, take her write up serious na you sabi

Ashawo everywhere you go (MTN)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend by timchogon81: 10:43am On Mar 09, 2022
Am in love with 2 men and I no know which one to marry

Re: I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend by kaymart: 10:43am On Mar 09, 2022
tomzyELNINO:
OGBENI, FACE YOUR LIFE AND MAKE SOMETHING OUT OF LIFE INSTEAD OF INVESTING YOUR DESTINY ON BOYFRIENDS. DONT YOU HAVE ANY GOAL AND DREAMS IN LIFE OTHER THAN BOYFRIENDS?

SHIOORRR
Na idiots she be. She doesn't deserve any advice. She's Useless

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend by kaymart: 11:04am On Mar 09, 2022
PrimadonnaO:
Dear young woman...

A lot of these things happening now are things you'll look back on and wish you had known better. But maybe even now you can make the right decision for yourself so you have very minimal regrets moving forward.

First, you have to decisively close all doors that lead back to your two exes. Maybe the first guy is still a great guy, but that ship long sailed, why you still pining? The distance still exists so why you still pining? And for the second ex, he's a total toxic and unsuitable partner. Why exactly is he still on your mind? undecided

For this new guy, you seem to have moved a little too quickly. How old are you? This sex thing is a menace. I know it may sound old-school, but if celibacy isn't a thing for you, then at least don't have sex too quickly. Moving on, give the relationship enough time to stand on its merits before allowing sex in the midst.

This two months of excitement may become an illusion because it's still too early to tell. You're already foreseeing challenges. And I also foresee them, too. cheesy

Young boys still trying to find their feet have little guarantees to give.

But you're in it, so you might as well enjoy it. Let go of your worries. It may turn out well at the end of the day.

Again, let go of those exes. COMPLETELY!
Your advice were so on point. Coming from a lady, I give u lots of respect. You sound so mature and u seem to have experience in such scenerio....U are so on point. The kind of advice to give someone u actually care for....Kudos.

Here is the problem, the new guy came just for pumping and dumping only. You advice that she let go of the two previous ex'es and look for a new guy. You completely ignored the fact that she's now "used". She's been ran through by multiple guys ans the counts will go up and up .Her market value is dwindling. She doesn't deserve a good man. So, Karma will take effect on her. She will most likely continue meeting savage guys cos what goes around comes around. She will realise her mistakes when she's about 30 and above or when she becomes a single mother.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend by xtervaganza(m): 11:11am On Mar 09, 2022
MamiTer:
Hello good people of nairaland, I have a pressing issue and I really need your help.

A couple of years back I broke up with my boyfriend whom I really loved due to distance barriers. Getting over him was difficult for me so I had to go into a relationship with one of my toasters in order to get him off my mind.

I achieved my aim after a couple of months but the current guy was unwilling to let go, I didn't love him and couldn't get myself to love him despite trying to. I know I was selfish and opened up to him but he insisted that I would warm up to him with time and grow to love him.

The relationship was far from perfect, I was in it solely for what I benefited but we weren't compatible and it was from one issue to another. We were always at logger heads all the time. He insults me and my family at any given opportunity and talks down on me using secrets I shared with him as leverage each time we quarrel. He shredded my self-esteem.

He was insecure and attacked my male friends at any given opportunity including my lecturers, he would access my social media accounts and send derogatory message to any male contact he feels is making a pass at me.

Early this year I met a guy online and somehow we vibed together quickly, we met physically for the first time and it felt like we've known for ages. Everything moved so quickly with this new guy that I started developing serious feelings for him. I was scared because I never knew I would feel something like that again after I broke up with my other ex.

This new guy makes me happy and treats me like a woman, anytime spent with him is always memorable and I don't feel like leaving. The chemistry that we share is super strong and everything seems so perfect.

Now to my issue, this new guy is a fresh graduate and not yet stable, I don't have issues with his financial status because he made me realize a Lady can actually be happy without money being thrown at her. But I'm still scared of going all full into the relationship he might go for service and never come back to me. I don't just want a repeat of my previous relationship that got shattered after my ex relocated.

On the other hand, the other guy is hell bent on getting me back, he's been pleading and sending people to beg me even though I told him I've moved on and has even had sex with the new guy but he still wants me back.

I'm confused and don't know what to do, my heart is with the new guy but the other guy is making things so difficult for me and almost driving me insane. Can I still grow to love him?? Though I've been unable to after almost a year.

Should move on with the new guy?? I've known him for barely two months but it seems I've known him for ages, my feelings are exploding and I can hardly control them which is making me scared.

Please advice me.
move on with the new guy .
Re: I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend by Kingpee2(m): 11:17am On Mar 09, 2022
Tamilore11:
And is there anything bad if she changes prick? Why do men sex shame women in this part of the world? U think like fools. So she should stay in toxic affair because of prick? Wat is even so special about sex? Why do u ppl glorify sex in dis 9ja? If she change prick, so what? Is sex all about life Is sex even an achievement? No wonder most of u die in silence. No wonder ur mother suffered in abusuve relationship and married ur horrible father because she doesn’t want to chsnge prick. Very stupid and gullible mentality
Why are you so pained ?you sound like the one going through this...
Re: I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend by Fourwinds: 11:19am On Mar 09, 2022
Pareyz:
Stick with the new guy who makes you feel good with memorable moments.

Have sense and avoid your ex since the both of you couldn't naturally blend and get along. It's obvious it was a toxic relationship.

You broke up with your first ex due to distance issues, now you're contemplating on leaving the new guy as you're scared he might go somewhere far from you, which makes me feel you only want someone close that'll be dicking you on a daily basis..

Hmmmmmm.... That means she likes diick
Re: I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend by General1996(m): 11:27am On Mar 09, 2022
Instead of you seeking for advice, why not pray for wisdom, knowledge and understanding. You aren't matured) riped enough for a relationship. To be in a relationship, it is not how old you are but how matured you are. Relationship requires being matured enough to think on your own and not publicizing this type of question that you ought to have known the right decision to take .
With this your write-ups, you have a shallow thinking and you are only riped for sex but not ripe enough for a relationship.

May God help you.
Re: I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend by tunnex190: 11:35am On Mar 09, 2022
MamiTer:

Please advice me.

You are not confused my dear. You are just lust for new guy's third leg.
See them. This gender never get any good to offer except sex.
Re: I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend by OMOTOWO(m): 11:49am On Mar 09, 2022
YinkaOlusesi16:
You don`t know what you want & you will never know what you want. To me you are just a confused fellow
thats what she is definitely. M
Re: I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 09, 2022
Folake for the night oh
Geh geh
Ah finesse
If I broke na my business

By the way that's what the fresh graduate is singing right now
Re: I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend by casspersteve: 11:50am On Mar 09, 2022
Tufiakwa, may my ancestors forbid such girls from coming close to me..... at your age you are indecisive
Re: I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend by OMOTOWO(m): 11:53am On Mar 09, 2022
Imagine, three preeqs in just three months. U r just a coded oloso
Re: I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend by ImaIma1(f): 12:06pm On Mar 09, 2022
MamiTer:

Please advice me.

Both of them don't have to be your only options. Must you choose from two of them?
Re: I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend by jogojogo: 12:22pm On Mar 09, 2022
Time is too short to rate your new guy. Only time will tell if he is really the right guy or not. Most time as guys we try to be as good as possible especially when in a new relationship. You want to do every thing right to create a very positive impression. I will subscribe to the older guy but with some level of carefulness. The guy may have come to terms with how terrible he had been and may want to get that corrected. In all, don't be too carried away by vibes and emotion. Be very critical. I see comments from "very perfect" people on this platform.
MamiTer:

Please advice me.
Re: I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend by riah: 12:27pm On Mar 09, 2022
Hello @mamiter.
I fully understand you. Please don't go back to an ex that has no respect for you, your privacy or your family. You are not yet married to him and he is already calling you names and going into your private messages to insult your friends. This is a red flag and you must cut off communications with him. If he is insecure now, it's best he moves on and find someone he feels secure with. At the moment, I will classify the relationship as toxic. He needs to find someone else that will make him happy but if you insist on staying with him, just know that he will drain your energy, your peace and your happiness. He is going through your emails to insult people, what will he do if he sees you talking with your male friends or colleagues? Beat you up in public?
Please let him go and be nice about it. Explain it to him that you are not compatible, hence the constant spats. As for the other new guy, please take your time to know him.
All my best!

2 Likes

Re: I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend by Emaprince: 12:54pm On Mar 09, 2022
I already counted 3 guys in this write up.

Body count keep soaring high. From 16 to 25.. these girls already ammased over 20body counts. This is exactly how some of them do it. Let me not talk about one night stands.

Its my body ..its my body..blah blah. Later one innocent man will pay and carry the vandalised hoe home.

SMH

1 Like

Re: I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend by and1one: 1:06pm On Mar 09, 2022
donziller:
The new guy is only there to chop clean mouth, know dis and know peace

Exactly !!!
Re: I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend by donforeign: 1:12pm On Mar 09, 2022
YinkaOlusesi16:
You don`t know what you want & you will never know what you want. To me you are just a confused fellow
God bless you baba .some girls they foolish..
Re: I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend by Bordrich7(m): 1:27pm On Mar 09, 2022
My sister I don't think you have sense oo����
What kinda advice do u seek again... Please shift abeg...
Re: I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend by frozen70(f): 1:52pm On Mar 09, 2022
OBALOLA55:
IN OTHER WORDS, SHE SHOULD CONTINUE THE SEX RELATIONSHIP undecided
If she enjoys sex with him, let her continue till it fades away or get another relationship

But she should bear in mind that both of those guys are not for him, base on her narrative
Re: I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend by OBALOLA55(m): 1:55pm On Mar 09, 2022
frozen70:

If she enjoys sex with him, let her continue till it fades away or get another relationship

But she should bear in mind that both of those guys are not for him, base on her narrative
LET ME NOT JUST SAY WHAT I HAVE IN MIND angry
Re: I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend by Lastborn0074: 2:26pm On Mar 09, 2022
YinkaOlusesi16:
Exactly my thought...
Re: I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend by tbibuzz(m): 2:31pm On Mar 09, 2022
MamiTer:

Please advice me.
Why una like to dey make up stories for this nairaland bayi
Re: I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend by Nastysam: 2:33pm On Mar 09, 2022
Are you in for relationship games or you want to get married in the nearest future? Because all your writeup talks about EMOTIONS,EX and SEX....sammy na d name
MamiTer:

Please advice me.
Re: I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend by Nigeriainpeace: 3:41pm On Mar 09, 2022
You are not yet a lady, u re’ still a child leave the two of them and work on ur self, look for good books and read, seek for knowledge information and insight about life not preeq
Re: I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend by darediamond(m): 4:14pm On Mar 09, 2022
kaymart:

Na idiots she be. She doesn't deserve any advice. She's Useless
Exactly!!
Re: I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend by darediamond(m): 4:24pm On Mar 09, 2022
jogojogo:
Time is too short to rate your new guy. Only time will tell if he is really the right guy or not. Most time as guys we try to be as good as possible especially when in a new relationship. You want to do every thing right to create a very positive impression. I will subscribe to the older guy but with some level of carefulness. The guy may have come to terms with how terrible he had been and may want to get that corrected. In all, don't be too carried away by vibes and emotion. Be very critical. I see comments from "very perfect" people on this platform.

The question you all Men that have been commenting fail to ask is: How come the Guy she intentionally desires to use and dump becomes a BULLY AT HER?

Can a Man just start to misbehave without prior toxic attitudes from his partner in a relationship?

This is why I said the lady is Selfishly MANUPULATIVE. SHE IS ACUTELY IRRESPONSIBLE!!!

1 Like

Re: I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:34pm On Mar 09, 2022
kaymart:

Your advice were so on point. Coming from a lady, I give u lots of respect. You sound so mature and u seem to have experience in such scenerio....U are so on point. The kind of advice to give someone u actually care for....Kudos.

Here is the problem, the new guy came just for pumping and dumping only. You advice that she let go of the two previous ex'es and look for a new guy. You completely ignored the fact that she's now "used". She's been ran through by multiple guys ans the counts will go up and up .Her market value is dwindling. She doesn't deserve a good man. So, Karma will take effect on her. She will most likely continue meeting savage guys cos what goes around comes around. She will realise her mistakes when she's about 30 and above or when she becomes a single mother.

You seem to be taking this a bit personally.

What does it mean to be "used?"

This girl didn't mention at any point that she was forced or deceived. Except she's considerably younger than the man, then I don't share your sentiments.

The counts need not go up, and why doesn't she deserve a good man?

1 Like

Re: I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend by bepositive11: 4:48pm On Mar 09, 2022
YinkaOlusesi16:

OP's post is confusing sef grin
Re: I'm Torn Between My Ex And New Boyfriend by kaymart: 5:08pm On Mar 09, 2022
PrimadonnaO:

You seem to be taking this a bit personally.

What does it mean to be "used?"

This girl didn't mention at any point that she was forced or deceived. Except she's considerably younger than the man, then I don't share your sentiments.

The counts need not go up, and why doesn't she deserve a good man?
Taking it far? Nah nah nah...
She doesn't have to be forced before she got used. She got herself used cos of greed and confused emotion.

She's quite young but making wrong decisions cos as she's being led by her emotions only ..

She met the new going for NYSC and just in 2months, they've been pumping her d eay vulcanizer pump tyres.

Now, you want her to go for good man who has values, who is on his purpose and getting his life together and would expect oyalty from such man as it ought to be in marriage.

The new nysc guy wouldn't take her serious. He's only there to smash. It's d fact...

So, already she's getting broken gradually and may later become immune to it. She will most likely begin to attract savage guys....law of karma.

Only good people with highoral standard should get the good guys...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Telemundo Is Affecting My Relationship;please Help / "If A Woman Is Not Married By 30 Her Mileage Has Gone Far" - Nigerian Man Says / Lady Celebrates Two Years Without Sex On Facebook, What Do You Think? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.