Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,995 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience (15663 Views)

Have You Been Chased By A Turkey Before? Share Your Experiences. / Man Being Chased By A Dog Jumped Over A High Fence Without Touching It (VIDEO) / Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience by Anny505(m): 4:53pm On Mar 09, 2022
German Shepherd Dog done pursue me and our local dog (ekuke) our ekuke first me reach our house.

That's story for another day

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience by Chubbyflaiva(m): 4:56pm On Mar 09, 2022
Hmmmmmn!! I went to visit my guy on a rainy day in My city, luckily I had an Umbrella. This Umbrella ended up sheilding me not only from the rain but from dog bites. As I entered my friends compound, the Gateman went into his quarters after closing the gate, as the rain was falling heavily. As I approached my friends room in the boys quarters, which is far from the gate, 3 dogs charged out at me. I immediately folded the Umbrella and used it as a bat to fend off the dogs. The first two dogs that I managed to hit with the Umbrella screamed in pain, so as they kept trying to flank me to bite me, they were very Wary of the swing of that Umbrella. I kept swinging it as I retreated back to Guards quarters at the gate. As God would have it, he came out when I was close to his room because he heard all the barking and commotion. He drove them off and I came out of the situation unscathe.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience by Brownshoe: 5:03pm On Mar 09, 2022
GeneralKoko:
Let me share mine first .
While growing up at the village that year, there's this dog called Jimmy that stays in another neighborhood but once in a while they bring it to our neighborhood to play.
One afternoon like that they brought it . Everyone took off and was weary except me grin
I no too send then sha I just dae Waka anyhow. I walked close to the dog and was observing it. At this point, it was still laid belly flat on the floor. In a jiffy, it stood up and started jogging. Everyone around took off except megrin
The moment I wanted to run it was already too late . I made a good attempt at running but it followed me sharply and bit my yansh just before I ran into my neighbors compound. It is in unforgettable experience and accounts for my hatred for dogs.

Share your experience.
you shouldn't have run at all, in it mind both of you are playing.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience by Brownshoe: 5:06pm On Mar 09, 2022
Chubbyflaiva:
Hmmmmmn!! I went to visit my guy on a rainy day in My city, luckily I had an Umbrella. This Umbrella ended up sheilding me not only from the rain but from dog bites. As I entered my friends compound, the Gateman went into his quarters after closing the gate, as the rain was falling heavily. As I approached my friends room in the boys quarters, which is far from the gate, 3 dogs charged out at me. I immediately folded the Umbrella and used it as a bat to fend off the dogs. The first two dogs that I managed to hit with the Umbrella screamed in pain, so as they kept trying to flank me to bite me, they were very Wary of the swing of that Umbrella. I kept swinging it as I retreated back to Guards quarters at the gate. As God would have it, he came out when I was close to his room because he heard all the barking and commotion. He drove them off and I came out of the situation unscathe.
praise the Lord.
Re: Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience by Danisaint112(m): 5:11pm On Mar 09, 2022
Polynek Gastoce

You guys saying you don't fear haven't seen dog. E get dog wey you go see wether you don grow white hair you go piss for pant.

Go and browse about the Tibetan Mastiff specie cross-breeded from the big cats (lion).

Aswear! if they tell you to cross the dog and pick 10 million naira you won't dare.
Re: Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience by Brownshoe: 5:12pm On Mar 09, 2022
SoapQueen:
Never.

I'm a huge, huge dog fan.

My dogs are some of the harshest breeds I've seen, so, handling other dogs is like a walk in the park.

Naturally, dogs gravitate towards me. Maybe because they sense my genuine love and loyalty to them.

I'm yet to see the day a dog would chase me. But hey, I can never say never!

those ones you dey encounter are not territorial in nature.
Re: Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience by OlawaleBammie: 5:54pm On Mar 09, 2022
4evaReina:
I was 7 years old at that time in Apapa, Lagos state. It was a Saturday morning, my friends and I decided to play 'war starter' we got our gun shaped woods and off we went playing.

The idea was to shoot at your enemies and anything that belonged to them. My friend had these dogs, a female dog and her puppies, they were grown. So I saw them lying down and I pointed my wooden gun at them. I think they felt disrespected and offended, these dogs chased me furiously, God! I ran with my heart almost falling out of my mouth. I cried and called for help, luckily for me, I saw the table my neighbor used to shed pepper, that's how I climbed the table. One of the puppies managed to get hold of my pant (those big pampers like pants) and tore it. embarassed

Mother dog was satisfied as she led her puppies back home. Since that day I kept malice with that dog and her children.

I will never forget that day. That dog is one of the most disloyal dogs have seen in life, how can I be giving you bones, am even friends with your owner and you led your children to chase me because I pointed a wooden gun at you? Like who does that?
grin grin
U be weyrey, u point a gun at me and u said i should not bite u wen a no be mumu, just cus u give me bones, not even meat ooh.
Re: Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience by bizzibodi(m): 5:54pm On Mar 09, 2022
Growing up,I went with my friends to play in a high brow hood,as we are approaching the middle of the street,we saw group of grown dogs about 7 in numbers some without tails.they suddenly got up,bark & charged at us,we all flee,me been the youngest was left behind,I ran with all my strength,d revolution of my legs was too much that I was lifted off d ground like a jet in take off,but since am not a jet,I landed flat on d ground with fear in ma heart that those dogs will tore me to shreds,in seconds d dogs should have descended on me but 15sec has elapsed nothing,I turned to see the dogs all gone back to their business.till today I dnt still know why those 7fierce dogs all turn back.may be no dobbermann,mastiff, rottweiler or hellhound among them.
Re: Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience by 9jaflave: 6:07pm On Mar 09, 2022
I was once charged at by a German Shepard. The dog made a bee-line for me at the fastest speed I had ever seen a dog from about 20 metres away. The dog had warned be by barking and growling to get the Bleep off. But I had to pass through the territory to get to my destination. It was a moment of truth for me - I could run and get bitten on the arse or stand and get bitten on the leg. Definitely, I could not outrun this Alsatian in this open space. My fight reaction kicked in and I charged back at the dog in the most maniacal way I could. Immediately, the dog skidded and made a 360 degrees and ran back even faster than it came at me. I felt I was left with no better option, I was ready to fight and die, and the dog knew I was crazy at that moment. I walked away triumphantly, while the dog kept barking at me from a safe distance.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience by karashita: 6:17pm On Mar 09, 2022
brutal1:
My friends dad is a vet doctor so most of the dogs I know today were at his dads place...so one Saturday i went there to see my friend and a client brought a rottweiler..but the dog was restless and acting crazy...the vet doctor first went to inspect the dog inside their car because they were having issues bringing it out so the man went with this mouth patch(dont know if that's what's its called) and gave the dog one injection, after like 5mins he now said they should bring it out, all of a sudden this stupid dog forced it's way and ran out of the car ...the patch was dangling on one side... the owner ran round his car like 3 times before he could enter through the only door opened at the back....come and see dust everywhere...he quickly lock the door...I didnt want to run but the speed at which the veterinary doctor took off towards their backyard left me hopeless...I ran towards their door to enter their living room but my friend that first entered jammed the door & betrayed me and I was so so close to entering...if you see how my brake failed ...I fell and stood up again with bruises on my knee...I sha quickly climb the fence and fell on the other side...by that time ...they've captured the Putin and chained the idiot...I was just going home ...they were all laughing while calling me to tell me it has been captured...I didnt bother infact I stopped passing in front of their street and our friendship didnt work out from that day...till now I still feel it was a deliberate action to kill me and I may still sue them someday

Oh boy! I had a good laugh reading this.The dog must be a real 'Putin' grin grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience by Martin62: 6:19pm On Mar 09, 2022
Lol
Re: Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience by karashita: 6:25pm On Mar 09, 2022
4evaReina:
I was 7 years old at that time in Apapa, Lagos state. It was a Saturday morning, my friends and I decided to play 'war starter' we got our gun shaped woods and off we went playing.

The idea was to shoot at your enemies and anything that belonged to them. My friend had these dogs, a female dog and her puppies, they were grown. So I saw them lying down and I pointed my wooden gun at them. I think they felt disrespected and offended, these dogs chased me furiously, God! I ran with my heart almost falling out of my mouth. I cried and called for help, luckily for me, I saw the table my neighbor used to shed pepper, that's how I climbed the table. One of the puppies managed to get hold of my pant (those big pampers like pants) and tore it. embarassed

Mother dog was satisfied as she led her puppies back home. Since that day I kept malice with that dog and her children.

I will never forget that day. That dog is one of the most disloyal dogs have seen in life, how can I be giving you bones, am even friends with your owner and you led your children to chase me because I pointed a wooden gun at you? Like who does that?

Why would you point wooden gun at the 'disloyal' dog? grin grin.It must have been quite an experience.
Re: Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience by thinksquad(m): 6:30pm On Mar 09, 2022
Chased by two fully grown hyenas, wasn't only me sha, we were many. The Fulani men lost control of the animals
Re: Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience by karashita: 6:30pm On Mar 09, 2022
victorcompovine:
If you know university of ibadan well, you'll know they got a lot of fruits.... mostly the trees... i had my secondary school back then in the campus ABADINA COLLEGE, one fateful day, coming home from school with company of friends, we were famished and decided to get some fruits..... Mehnnnnn we entered the wrong compound that day, not knowing owner was furious over loss of fruits and decided to pick on we students.... he released his 2-dogs, we weren't aware but later we got awoke, as we raced for our dear lives, we were kiddies then though so we got no strength to fight ekuke dog back..... it was around 1995, JSS3 then though _(27years Ago)_.... an experience i can never forget.

Haba! The man no try atall.He no show love grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience by SoapQueen(f): 6:32pm On Mar 09, 2022
Brownshoe:
those ones you dey encounter are not territorial in nature.

I don't like to have arguments like this. Those who know me in real life know.
Re: Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience by Martin62: 6:32pm On Mar 09, 2022
Laugh wan kill me

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience by merits(m): 6:42pm On Mar 09, 2022
GeneralKoko:
While growing up at the village that year, there's this dog called Jimmy that stays in another neighborhood but once in a while they bring it to our neighborhood to play.
One afternoon like that they brought it . Everyone took off and was weary except me grin
I no too send then sha I just dae Waka anyhow. I walked close to the dog and was observing it. At this point, it was still laid belly flat on the floor. In a jiffy, it stood up and started jogging. Everyone around took off except megrin
The moment I wanted to run it was already too late . I made a good attempt at running but it followed me sharply and bit my yansh just before I ran into my neighbors compound. It is in unforgettable experience and accounts for my hatred for dogs.

Share your experience.
You will soon run mad because the dog must get rabies.watch for your madness soon.
Re: Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience by 4evaReina: 6:44pm On Mar 09, 2022
A very great experience. My mom even flogged me ontop say my pant tore. grin grin
karashita:

Why would you point wooden gun at the 'disloyal' dog? grin grin.It must have been quite an experience.
Re: Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience by Pinkyposh(f): 6:54pm On Mar 09, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
ur story is funny but wat got me laffin hard was the imagination of how ur red gown would be flying like agbada while u were bn chased. If na me na dat day go be d last day i would enter that mama house until the stupid hoodlum is killed and its head roasted for me grin grin.

Well sha, if u dont know, yesterday marked exactly FOUR YEARS u registered on this forum. That is a complete regime of an executive official grin
Really, I never noticed, Thanks a bunch
Re: Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience by Horlhamhi(f): 6:56pm On Mar 09, 2022
Well, this happened many years back.

I was sent on an errand to a nearby house. On getting there, I saw this dog sitted (you know, their sitting position). I was silently praying he/she shouldn't move till I leave cos I dislike dogs.

As soon as I got attended to, I heard a sound they usually make, which got me scared, omo, I picked race, and the dog did same.

That actually taught me a lesson never to run whenever I see them. Cos if you do, you'll be surprised at how fast they can be.

Up till now, I dislike dogs. I wonder how people have them as pets. Some go as far as hugging them, giving them names, and showing them special care and attention. How
Re: Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience by 4evaReina: 6:57pm On Mar 09, 2022
grin that dog gang up against me
OlawaleBammie:

U be weyrey, u point a gun at me and u said i should not bite u wen a no be mumu, just cus u give me bones, not even meat ooh.
Re: Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience by Sucre6: 6:59pm On Mar 09, 2022
Danisaint112:
Polynek Gastoce

You guys saying you don't fear haven't seen dog. E get dog wey you go see wether you don grow white hair you go piss for pant.

Go and browse about the Tibetan Mastiff specie cross-breeded from the big cats (lion).

Aswear! if they tell you to cross the dog and pick 10 million naira you won't dare.

Or a full grown St Bernard grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience by rhames(m): 7:12pm On Mar 09, 2022
GeneralKoko:

Share your experience.

As a kid, I kicked a stone to scare a dog away and it came back and ran after me with so much ferocity it took another adult to scare it away.
Re: Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience by babavik: 7:20pm On Mar 09, 2022
dynicks:
Prefab - owerri....2011....Was a student then....

Went to visit one of my niggies who lived withing that area....As I approached a house before his, I noticed a figure from a distance, a dog lying belle down by the corner of its owner's fence.....For my mind, I was like " this one looks well trained and well fed....so there was no need for me to be scared....I walked on but decided to be on high alert(wouldn't wanna hear say dem shoot bird ; im mama fly)...As I gradually approached, the dog kept staring at me like someone who was high on Jamaican weed...Immediately I walked past its compound, I noticed the dog stood up and was walking towards me with its head stretched forward like that of a falcon jet plane......God's willing, I was almost close to my friend's gate but I just couldn't wait to knock.....I swiftly had to use the fence Biko....no time.! Good thing their fence had this bars that one could hold unto.....I climbed and sat untop yelling till my guy rushed out and drove the dog away......The guy laugh me tire Sha!!........All these dogs wey just no get respect!!...mtcheeeeewww!!
grin grin grin
Prefab, Aladinma, housing even towards lake nwaebere and imsu backgate all those places are no go area.
Back we attend Holy cross there some streets we purposely go through just to see if dogs will chase us.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience by Danisaint112(m): 7:32pm On Mar 09, 2022
Sucre6:

Or a full grown St Bernard grin

I'm telling you they haven't seen dogs. And probably don't know about this large species.

The full grown "Great Dane" is more dangerous and even look more scarier than "St. Bernard." smiley

Re: Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience by Polynek(m): 7:41pm On Mar 09, 2022
Pardon me, I can't reply all the mentions I received in Dix thread.
I don't need to brag about my ability on what I know how to do best.
So far I hv killed two dogs without any weapon.
I don't fear dogs no matter the size and type of dog it is, I know how to handle it.
I rest my case
Re: Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience by Flamees(m): 7:44pm On Mar 09, 2022
Gireiboy:

Hahahahaha, Hahahahaha cheesy grin
Omo the thing made me and my guy loose morale anyday we sight the banny for school
She been dey tell other bannies for class wetin suo that day grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience by heartbeat84: 7:49pm On Mar 09, 2022
i had such an experience in 2002. back then, i went on a visit to my aunt's house in festac-lagos, after greeting those in the main building, i went to the boys quarters to greet those at the boys quarters. i had to go access the B.Q thru the kitchen. as i was nearing the B.Q, i noticed the dog(a female named Grega) was lying flat on the floor, not knowing the chain was loose. i thought of running back into the main building, didn't know the dog noticed my movement and chased me into the main building, by biting me on the lap of my right leg(thank God i wore a jean trouser that day). i refused telling any1 what happened. it wasn't a funny experience at all
Re: Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience by Sucre6: 7:55pm On Mar 09, 2022
Danisaint112:

I'm telling you they haven't seen dogs. And probably don't know about this large species.

The full grown "Great Dane" is more dangerous and even look more scarier than "St. Bernard." smiley

I have seen a great dane that's so tall that it carries a 10 years old on its back and run as it's a horse, e shock me shocked
Re: Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience by meedoLock(m): 7:58pm On Mar 09, 2022
So I visited a friend on Xmas day in their eye catching estate....... I enter gate and their aboki who was the gateman offered to inform my friend that I'm already in their compound.

And one of the wild dogs has being let loosed. As soon as the gate keeper left and I was alone on my own, this wild beast like he has being waiting out for the opportunity, started jogging towards my direction with a very sound footsteps....... O boi'.... Con see how I melo, and I wouldn't want to embarrass myself by racing my voice since it was my first time there.

I stood helplessly and I waited for my judgement, he tore down all my button shirt before people came out and aid me.

Con see how my guy wey I go greet use me wash, he laugh me sotey I join begin they laugh cry
Re: Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience by K4diamond: 8:17pm On Mar 09, 2022
Many years ago, while having a party in our house,all but my elder brother was not available as he went to a friend's house to watch movie. My dad told me to go call him, out of fear because of the dogs they were having, I had to engage an older Cousin(Brother Moyo) who assured my safety, he even picked a long stick just in case and held my hand. Approaching their door step,those dogs just gave us a deep voice, the way the bros left me, threw away the long stick to cap it all how he jumped over a very big ditch that used to cover the bonnet of my mom's Volkswagen is still a mystery till today, leaving an innocent 7 year old me to plan my own escape. While the white dog chased my cousin the black dog chased me to our house. Out of shame my cousin did not return until after about 3 hours. After this escapade, I delisted him from my list of Super Heroes ����

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience by gaby(m): 8:18pm On Mar 09, 2022
brutal1:
My friends dad is a vet doctor so most of the dogs I know today were at his dads place...so one Saturday i went there to see my friend and a client brought a rottweiler..but the dog was restless and acting crazy...the vet doctor first went to inspect the dog inside their car because they were having issues bringing it out so the man went with this mouth patch(dont know if that's what's its called) and gave the dog one injection, after like 5mins he now said they should bring it out, all of a sudden this stupid dog forced it's way and ran out of the car ...the patch was dangling on one side... the owner ran round his car like 3 times before he could enter through the only door opened at the back....come and see dust everywhere...he quickly lock the door...I didnt want to run but the speed at which the veterinary doctor took off towards their backyard left me hopeless...I ran towards their door to enter their living room but my friend that first entered jammed the door & betrayed me and I was so so close to entering...if you see how my brake failed ...I fell and stood up again with bruises on my knee...I sha quickly climb the fence and fell on the other side...by that time ...they've captured the Putin and chained the idiot...I was just going home ...they were all laughing while calling me to tell me it has been captured...I didnt bother infact I stopped passing in front of their street and our friendship didnt work out from that day...till now I still feel it was a deliberate action to kill me and I may still sue them someday

You finish me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Danger Of Feeding Your Dogs Raw Meat/Foetus / (picture) Mysterious!! Big Snake With 7 Heads Discovered In India / How Much Do You Pay To Vacinate Your Dog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.