Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,473 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Elderly Couple's Display Of Undying Love Melts Hearts In Enugu (Photos, Video) - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Elderly Couple's Display Of Undying Love Melts Hearts In Enugu (Photos, Video) (39242 Views)

The 6 Little Things That Melts A Woman's Heart / Man Engages His Girlfriend With A Range Rover in Enugu (Photos) / Nigerian Guy And His Disabled Love Melts Hearts As They Step Out For Valentine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elderly Couple's Display Of Undying Love Melts Hearts In Enugu (Photos, Video) by true2god: 9:26am On Mar 11, 2022
ImaIma1:
Divorce was still rampart then. It's just that we didn't have social media to publicize it. Just on my small street growing up, I can remember 3 families that didn't have both parents. My young mind didn't understand why until later.

Divorce didn't start today.
Divorce was never rampant then. Divorce, infidelity, etc were even considered a taboo. It is the western culture that brought in the concept of divorce, homosexuality, etc to our culture.
Re: Elderly Couple's Display Of Undying Love Melts Hearts In Enugu (Photos, Video) by tayo60(f): 9:52am On Mar 11, 2022
Lalami3232:
Na so marriage suppose to be, not what we're seeing nowadays. Today if you mistakenly annoy your partner, the next step na divorce. Dem think say marriage na bed of roses. We dey even take pride in divorce sef. You go hear people dey say "I don't take shit from anyone ooooo", "marriage is to be enjoyed, not endured" bla bla bla. No perfect union anywhere. People wey we dey see wey don marry for years learnt how to tolerate, forgive and accept their partners for who they are. God know say I can never divorce my wife, except on the ground say na life/death situation. A friend of mine wey he marriage dey barely 2yrs dey ask me of divorce proceeding, I just look am and hiss. Funny enough eeh, na the women dey suffer for the divorce matter pass because before dem go see a better man, street don fvck dem tire. Small boys wey no reach to talk to you before go come. He too go wan still try luck weather he fit still shine your Congo and move. My dear men/women for nairaland, divorce is not the best option, that's if the situation isn't life threatening. No perfect union out there!!! Try to make yours work if you can

I don talk am before and I go talk am again, "no perfect marriage out there. Try to make yours work and you would be glad you did"

I was expecting your usual if I born a girl child ending. And na your type dey born all girls.
Re: Elderly Couple's Display Of Undying Love Melts Hearts In Enugu (Photos, Video) by bigpicture001: 10:03am On Mar 11, 2022
Simran94:
That was then.

Nowadays all in the name of being woke, our generation has missed it totally. Some guys are looking for quick money by going into Yahoo, fraud kidnapping and ritual killings just to be rich. You can even be in a relationship with a ritualist or a yahoo boy and you wouldn’t know.
Some ladies are after money too, they end up getting themselves involved with these guys above and get killed in the process.

Everything is upside down

U said "some ladies".. a very big understatement.... All ladies you meant to say
Re: Elderly Couple's Display Of Undying Love Melts Hearts In Enugu (Photos, Video) by Ferrous(m): 10:05am On Mar 11, 2022
Love: the older, the stronger
Re: Elderly Couple's Display Of Undying Love Melts Hearts In Enugu (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 11, 2022
bigpicture001:

U said "some ladies".. a very big understatement.... All ladies you meant to say
If you would agree that All Nigerian men are into Fraud, kidnapping and rituals then no problem

2 Likes

Re: Elderly Couple's Display Of Undying Love Melts Hearts In Enugu (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 11, 2022
true2god:
Divorce was never rampant then. Divorce, infidelity, etc were even considered a taboo. It is the western culture that brought in the concept of divorce, homosexuality, etc to our culture.
Re: Elderly Couple's Display Of Undying Love Melts Hearts In Enugu (Photos, Video) by ImaIma1(f): 10:19am On Mar 11, 2022
true2god:

Which west? My husband's grandmother left his grandfather and remarried. Although after she became a widow, my husband's grandfather went back to remarry her. And of course she wasn't the only one in the village that left her husband. This was over 60 years ago.

My neighbours growing up had only their dad. Their mum used to come visit. Another neighbour on the same street was staying with her father (she's a popular actress now).

The point is that a lot of these things happened back then...divorce, domestic violence, homosexuality; whether or not it was against the culture.

How was the gist supposed to spread? Through the newspaper? Or NIPOST? With social media in the picture, everyone knows what is happening in Enugu, Kano, Jos, Cross River just from a click on the phone.

1 Like

Re: Elderly Couple's Display Of Undying Love Melts Hearts In Enugu (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 10:39am On Mar 11, 2022
chatinent:
What is good for the goose..

But sha, who come dey video am?
All na wash baba grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elderly Couple's Display Of Undying Love Melts Hearts In Enugu (Photos, Video) by Chookym(m): 12:00pm On Mar 11, 2022
This is adorable
Re: Elderly Couple's Display Of Undying Love Melts Hearts In Enugu (Photos, Video) by bigpicture001: 1:33pm On Mar 11, 2022
Simran94:

If you would agree that All Nigerian men are into Fraud, kidnapping and rituals then no problem

I would have preferred u said all Naija guyz are desperate to get rich.. that is very true...

I didn't mention a job ladies do.. I only takes about their inner intent...

U guys love money more than life
Re: Elderly Couple's Display Of Undying Love Melts Hearts In Enugu (Photos, Video) by bepositive11: 2:28pm On Mar 11, 2022
You've not seen men who disrespect "value adding wives"?

It's not always the woman's fault. Some men are very disrespectful by nature

bestman09:
VALUE ADDING WIFE (VAW)

Many think that Jacob loved Rachael because she was beautiful....Noooooooo! Beauty only attracts a man to a woman but what determines his true love for a woman goes beyond beauty. *Rachael was not just beautiful, she was also industrious per excellence!*

Why do we have a lot of beautiful ladies today yet no husband? Because beauty without value and virtue is like a smoke. What impressed and attracted Jacob to Rachael was her industriousness.

While her brothers and elder sister Leah were at home, Rachael singlehandedly brought her father's flock to the well to give them drink. That was where Jacob met her for the first time. "No sensible man can resist a woman who is beautiful and industrious".
What would have made a man worked for seven years for the woman he loved and yet felt like he just worked for seven days? ........ Value!

My man doesn't respect me, it's because you are not a Value-Adding-Woman (VAW).

Do you realize that Jacob did not pay Leah's bride price? They gave him Leah as bonus. Because she has no value. This was why Jacob had no respect for her and her children, hence he set them as first entourage when he was going to meet his angry brother.

If you force yourself on a man, he may never respect you. If he got you cheaply, he will never respect you. If you are not adding value to his life, he will never respect you.

Even after marriage, Leah had to be begging and buying the attention of her own husband while on the other hand, Rachael was practically *in control of Jacob, no be jazz oooo, it's Value!

Rachael was a shepherd in the midst of her siblings, a profession meant for men. She was in control of her father's business. This was what glued Jacob to her.

Gen 29:9_Jacob was still talking with them when Rachel arrived with her father’s flock, for she was a shepherd.

How can boys be in the house and a girl (last daughter of the house for that matter) be the one to tend her father's flock and family business? Industriousness!

After Jacob slept with Leah, he still went for Rachael. Sex don't keep a man, value does.

Leah had 5 children, Rachael had none, yet Jacob still loved Rachael more than Leah. Having children is good but adding value is better.

Don't ever think you can pin a man down with children. If you like give him a nation, if you are not adding value to his life, he will walk away someday.

I'm passionately pleading with our parents not to raise their daughters in a way they will become a liability to a man.

Make your daughter a shepherd before her Jacob arrives. Give her a source of livelihood before marriage. If you want her husband to respect her, inculcate in her, great morals and values, give her quality education and hopeful future. Don't train her merely because of the bride price you want to collect on her head.

Laban wasted the bride price he took for his daughter. But he lived on the flock kept by his daughter even after she was married out.

This is why many men fall for their ugly hardworking housemaids than their beautiful but lazy house wife.

We indirectly train our housemaids to be industrious while we train our daughters to be lazy and dependent. Whatever you invest in your daughter today, the future will tell.....!

Be a Value-Adding-Woman and your man will respect you for life.

Copied
Re: Elderly Couple's Display Of Undying Love Melts Hearts In Enugu (Photos, Video) by IJEYdiamond(f): 3:17pm On Mar 11, 2022
shortIGBOman:
This is strange. You hardly see display of love and public affection in the East. I doubt if this truly happen in Enugu. Romance in that Region is zero. Maybe it happen in Niger Delta.

Their musicians don't even sing love song. They only sing about Ego. grin ; grin

cheesy... i kind of agree with u because Most eastern guys r rocks... what dey know is only open leg make i do... dead to romances walahi...

But at least few dey sha!!... Lol
Re: Elderly Couple's Display Of Undying Love Melts Hearts In Enugu (Photos, Video) by LocalStandard1(m): 7:10pm On Mar 11, 2022
bestman09:
VALUE ADDING WIFE (VAW)

Many think that Jacob loved Rachael because she was beautiful....Noooooooo! Beauty only attracts a man to a woman but what determines his true love for a woman goes beyond beauty. *Rachael was not just beautiful, she was also industrious per excellence!*

Why do we have a lot of beautiful ladies today yet no husband? Because beauty without value and virtue is like a smoke. What impressed and attracted Jacob to Rachael was her industriousness.

While her brothers and elder sister Leah were at home, Rachael singlehandedly brought her father's flock to the well to give them drink. That was where Jacob met her for the first time. "No sensible man can resist a woman who is beautiful and industrious".
What would have made a man worked for seven years for the woman he loved and yet felt like he just worked for seven days? ........ Value!

My man doesn't respect me, it's because you are not a Value-Adding-Woman (VAW).

Do you realize that Jacob did not pay Leah's bride price? They gave him Leah as bonus. Because she has no value. This was why Jacob had no respect for her and her children, hence he set them as first entourage when he was going to meet his angry brother.

If you force yourself on a man, he may never respect you. If he got you cheaply, he will never respect you. If you are not adding value to his life, he will never respect you.

Even after marriage, Leah had to be begging and buying the attention of her own husband while on the other hand, Rachael was practically *in control of Jacob, no be jazz oooo, it's Value!

Rachael was a shepherd in the midst of her siblings, a profession meant for men. She was in control of her father's business. This was what glued Jacob to her.

Gen 29:9_Jacob was still talking with them when Rachel arrived with her father’s flock, for she was a shepherd.

How can boys be in the house and a girl (last daughter of the house for that matter) be the one to tend her father's flock and family business? Industriousness!

After Jacob slept with Leah, he still went for Rachael. Sex don't keep a man, value does.

Leah had 5 children, Rachael had none, yet Jacob still loved Rachael more than Leah. Having children is good but adding value is better.

Don't ever think you can pin a man down with children. If you like give him a nation, if you are not adding value to his life, he will walk away someday.

I'm passionately pleading with our parents not to raise their daughters in a way they will become a liability to a man.

Make your daughter a shepherd before her Jacob arrives. Give her a source of livelihood before marriage. If you want her husband to respect her, inculcate in her, great morals and values, give her quality education and hopeful future. Don't train her merely because of the bride price you want to collect on her head.

Laban wasted the bride price he took for his daughter. But he lived on the flock kept by his daughter even after she was married out.

This is why many men fall for their ugly hardworking housemaids than their beautiful but lazy house wife.

We indirectly train our housemaids to be industrious while we train our daughters to be lazy and dependent. Whatever you invest in your daughter today, the future will tell.....!

Be a Value-Adding-Woman and your man will respect you for life.

Copied
Nice one, but they don't have any male sibling in there family. Thank you
Re: Elderly Couple's Display Of Undying Love Melts Hearts In Enugu (Photos, Video) by Kenobi1312(m): 8:41pm On Mar 11, 2022
Men have been sleeping with anything as much as they can from the beginning of time, it is not a present generation thing. i agree with you on the quick wealth problem tho, it has really gotten bad.

Simran94:

And the present generation of men are just looking for sex and possibly sleep with anything as much as they can. And also many of the men of this generation are looking for quick wealth and wouldn’t mind using their own mothers for ritual purposes.
Re: Elderly Couple's Display Of Undying Love Melts Hearts In Enugu (Photos, Video) by Aaay: 8:41pm On Mar 11, 2022
Really
Re: Elderly Couple's Display Of Undying Love Melts Hearts In Enugu (Photos, Video) by Kwinesther: 7:48pm On Mar 12, 2022
YinkaOlusesi16:
u funny. But it`s our nature
I guess the generation of our fore fathers that were usually in a no sex relationship/courtship had a different "nature" from this present generation abi? Discipline is what you simply lack.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) / Should I Tell My Sister I Slept With Her Fiance? / My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.