Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,865 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. (7831 Views)

RCCG Is A Christian Arm Of APC – Man Says As He Leaves Church / Another Twitter Influencer Unmasked / Northern Twitter Influencer, Waspapping, Apologise To Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by Gabriel004: 11:45pm On Mar 11, 2022
IamAtikulate:

So you guys are justifying the madness from RCCG?

No wahala, we know what to do.
What can your worthless parents do that wailing and gnashing of teeth.

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by Gabriel004: 11:46pm On Mar 11, 2022
IamAtikulate:

The last time we checked, RCCG has branches in almost all the streets in SE but they pack all the senior positions.

That is nepotism.

We will not accept it. If this madness continue, we might force the RCCG SE headquarters to pull out of Yoruba-controlled RCCG to form an independent church our Lord Jesus will be proud of.

Be guided.

We can't be paying tithe and others will be emblezzing them.
If e pain you. Go and chase the leaders if them born your father well.

3 Likes

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by Gabriel004: 11:48pm On Mar 11, 2022
IamAtikulate:

A Yoruba man is a Cardinal. If we marginalize them we won't have allowed that.

We demand the same treatment in RCCG.
Was ut your father that started catholic and Anglican church?

Go to your igbo church as Anglican and catholic do not belong to you people.

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by yommen: 11:52pm On Mar 11, 2022
oilPUSSY:
This RCCG of a church, are they even upto 10 million ?

Most Igbos are Catholics and Anglicans..

RCCG has no influence, even if they have it might only be in Afonja Land..

So when you are talking of Christianity/Church, Catholic and Anglicans ist before those pentecostal Churches theirs Numbers are negligible..

I won't be surprised if SW headslammers start commenting on this thread that's beyond their brain capacity

You sound quite intelligent but beclouded by hate and bigotry as against logic. If not, you wouldn't ask if a congregation which is the largest in Nigeria, if not the world over is up to 10m. Just 10m. How many people are still left in those villages of yours still attending Catholic? They have all gone to cities and attending rccg, winners and other Pentecostal churches. Dey dere dey live in the past with beef!

1 Like

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by Gabriel004: 11:54pm On Mar 11, 2022
oilPUSSY:

Don't compare pentecostal church with Mother of Christianity..

You can't even compare RCCG with Anglican church let alone catholic church

Go look for una mate with Christ embassy, Deeper Life or Chosen
Shut your dirty mouth. Catholic and Anglican churches belongs to white people, you people have no stake in them. So no one gives a folk about una

3 Likes

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by Gabriel004: 11:56pm On Mar 11, 2022
History555:

The head of the Catholic church in Nigeria is alfred adewale Martins. So wat is ur point
Does catholic church belong to igbos, let start from there.

6 Likes

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by yommen: 11:58pm On Mar 11, 2022
oilPUSSY:

The bolded , you know them Very well..

It's very hard to see them yabbing Igbos on their knwn handles, even on Twitter or Facebook, Igbos always call them out with their real handle on social media whenever they mess up, but Yorubas always hide under ananymous to attack Igbos on media, even if they manage to Attack Igbos on media like fb, the account must be ananymous..

Cowardice at its peak

There are more serious issues Yorubas want to engage in, not illogical issues like this. I mean, why do you people so pained at every little chance? Is your inferiority complex getting worse by the day?

6 Likes

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by Gabriel004: 12:20am On Mar 12, 2022
oilPUSSY:

At the bolded, just look at the trash that's coming out from a self acclaimed christian..

Ofcourse in Nairaland everbody is a Christian including well known terrorists on this forum.. They are now ashamed of their religion of piss due to stigma associated with it .

Next time if you want to seek for my attention by quoting me unnecessarily ensure you know the meaning of catholic church..

We are not discussing terrorism here...
You yourself, I put it to you, you are never a christian but a pagan.
Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by LLiKYekoba: 12:25am On Mar 12, 2022
yommen:

You sound quite intelligent but beclouded by hate and bigotry as against logic. If not, you wouldn't ask if a congregation which is the largest in Nigeria, if not the world over is up to 10m. Just 10m. How many people are still left in those villages of yours still attending Catholic? They have all gone to cities and attending rccg, winners and other Pentecostal churches. Dey dere dey live in the past with beef!

So your local yoruba church is now bigger that Catholic church, mr enulabi? grin

Continue...
Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by Anon4: 12:38am On Mar 12, 2022
safesurfer:

I don't know about Catholic Church. But Redeem has actually outgrown Anglican since tey tey. And no, I'm not a redeem member.
simple Google search, no. You prefer embarrassing your lineage on cyberspace. What a shame
Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by Anon4: 12:40am On Mar 12, 2022
Karleb:
All churches, organizations are like this but let me defend RCCG a bit.

I'm a member, I joined 12 years ago. I'm also a worker, I've worked in one of the provinces as a staff for close to 3 years and I like igbo people. I know about the inner workings of RCCG.

RCCG was founded by a yoruba man in a yoruba state. That is, the founding fathers of RCCG are yoruba people. In fact, RCCG that was given to care of Adeboye by Akindayomi was a pure, undiluted yoruba church. It was Adeboye who instructed that pastors should speak English while preaching rather than the yoruba they were used to.

The introduction of English as the church's official language amongst other things is the reason why the church was widely accepted throughout the nation.

But RCCG is no longer a yoruba church, it's a church for all. People from other tribes who has labored just like the founding fathers hold top positions in the church. In fact, they are major stakeholders.

They are regional pastors, provincial pastors, CGOs, Special Advisers. The pastor in my church is not a yoruba man but he is an assistant provincial pastor.

But in the church, there is hierarchy. The founding fathers and mothers who are mostly yoruba will still take the front seat because they were there before those from other tribes. They have been laboring even before the church grew mega. I see nothing wrong with this and it has absolutely nothing to do with tribalism.

Now, the church is without its fault and it's possible that some people were denied of somethings solely because of their tribe. But such occurrence is rare, I hardly hear of this. I know some non-yoruba pastors from other regions of the southern part of Nigeria who are top pastors and has never had any reason to complain of tribalism.

RCCG is first come, first serve.

gbamsolutely
Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by Anon4: 12:46am On Mar 12, 2022
Chimaraymond455:
Even as we speak they don't like it when Igbo songs raise in this Yoruba churches or other tribes, unless you use that nonsense thing they call talking drum, waiting that thing dey sweet them I don't know, you go see all of them bending down like traditional worshippers even the Igbos and other tribes who do not understand the politics the Yorubas are playing in those churches will join them.
Will Jesus be happy with what you are saying? Are you not embarrassing the God you serve? Truly a shame sad
Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by stonemasonn: 12:57am On Mar 12, 2022
IamAtikulate:
Yorubas hate to hear the truth.

They accuse others of tribalism but they even practice it in their pentecostal churches.

Check RCCG senior pastors list, only Yorubas dominate. Imagine if the church is owned by Igbos.

I pity Igbos attending RCCG. I prefer Winners to that tribalist RCCG
No one will care.....just like lord's chosen

9 Likes

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by niggadee(m): 1:09am On Mar 12, 2022
Typical Igbo moaning crying baby

5 Likes

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by Basheer22: 1:31am On Mar 12, 2022
I'm happy Igbos online are saying all these close to election period. The timing is very good.
By the time they realise the consequences of stuff like this, it will be too late to cry.

5 Likes

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by Basheer22: 1:33am On Mar 12, 2022
Chimaraymond455:
Even as we speak they don't like it when Igbo songs raise in this Yoruba churches or other tribes, unless you use that nonsense thing they call talking drum, waiting that thing dey sweet them I don't know, you go see all of them bending down like traditional worshippers even the Igbos and other tribes who do not understand the politics the Yorubas are playing in those churches will join them.

Please, post more like this online so that other Liberal Yorubas can see what Igbos think about them.

Go on, sow that seed in their hearts. You will reap it pressed down, shaken together and running over.

6 Likes

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by Difrent: 5:56am On Mar 12, 2022
mrvitalis:

If the Igbos are hated this much the call for Biafra should be louder from none Igbos just like Malaysians did for Singapore

And if you feel so hated what are you still doing holed up in Nigeria. Move enmasse back to your region like the israelis did......but instead you will start crying that they dont want you to go....they hate you....everybody hates you...YET you keep moving everywhere else ecxept iboland....i wonder who will populate the utopian biafra state when more than 90% ibos live elsewhere

5 Likes

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by Difrent: 5:59am On Mar 12, 2022
heniford2:
support us we need the five state faster than the said presidency
supporting ibos to have 6 states is supporting injustice. Why should ibos have 6 states?....they are 3rd in population but want to have the same number of states with tribes that are more than them...it wont work.

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by Difrent: 6:16am On Mar 12, 2022
IamAtikulate:
Yorubas hate to hear the truth.

They accuse others of tribalism but they even practice it in their pentecostal churches.

Check RCCG senior pastors list, only Yorubas dominate. Imagine if the church is owned by Igbos.

I pity Igbos attending RCCG. I prefer Winners to that tribalist RCCG

Its only the iboman that knows and can say the truth....
Nobody else can or should know and say the truth...
Once another person does....they com3 under attack from ibos
Because it is only the iboman that knows and should say the truth
Every other tribe na mumu....they dont know anything....only the iboman knows everything....knows all the truth....only the iboman should say the truth....only the iboman can say the truth.

With all these sense ibos foolishly slaved for a party for 16 years and refused to ask for any capital project....with all these sense cunningness they abandoned their region for other regions...they prefer to develop other region than theirs (the only tribe with that foolishness in Nigeria) yet they want to force it down the throat of other tribes that they are the smartest and most knowledgeable tribe. You people dont need to sing it to us...we can see and everyother tribe except the ibos know that they are inconsequential......before you tell me of your business trading prowess know that your choice niche which is marketing is the lowest in the production ladder....the real people cashing out are the manufacturers.....anybody can trade but not all can produce and obviously ibos are not see when it comes to production except of course production of fake and substandard products

6 Likes

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by heniford2: 6:20am On Mar 12, 2022
Difrent:
supporting ibos to have 6 states is supporting injustice. Why should ibos have 6 states?....they are 3rd in population but want to have the same number of states with tribes that are more than them...it wont work.
we are talking about breaking out of this shit country ur talking abt 6 states undecided
Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by Difrent: 6:26am On Mar 12, 2022
heniford2:
we are talking about breaking out of this shit country ur talking abt 6 states undecided

Go ahead if you can

We want to break away yen yen yen....yet you remain in Nigeria and are moving everywhere except iboland....you kids think secession agitation is a joke? Your foolishness knows no bounds.
Call it whatever name we dont care....you remain a dot in a circle...you aint going nowhere....if you feel you can why not repeat your forefathers foolishness and get routed again.....but be warned this generation wont go for any no victor no vanquished bullcrap.....we go for total annihilation

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by ednut1(m): 6:41am On Mar 12, 2022
The nigeria version of christianity is not christianity. Its a charade and a scam.
Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by mrvitalis(m): 7:55am On Mar 12, 2022
Difrent:

And if you feel so hated what are you still doing holed up in Nigeria. Move enmasse back to your region like the israelis did......but instead you will start crying that they dont want you to go....they hate you....everybody hates you...YET you keep moving everywhere else ecxept iboland....i wonder who will populate the utopian biafra state when more than 90% ibos live elsewhere
You are talking like we haven't done that before
And what did Nigeria do ? Attacked us and killed 3 million of our people

No when we get Biafra first or then watch us move
Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by meccuno: 8:00am On Mar 12, 2022
oilPUSSY:
This RCCG of a church, are they even upto 10 million ?

Most Igbos are Catholics and Anglicans..

RCCG has no influence, even if they have it might only be in Afonja Land..

So when you are talking of Christianity/Church, Catholic and Anglicans ist before those pentecostal Churches theirs Numbers are negligible..

I won't be surprised if SW headslammers start commenting on this thread that's beyond their brain capacity
hahahahahaha grin
Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by shortIGBOman: 8:06am On Mar 12, 2022
heniford2:
support us we need the five state faster than the said presidency

You don't have 5 States. Igbo only have 4 ancestral States. Imo, Enugu, Ebonyi and Abia States. Anambra is IGALA ancestral State. But you are free to leave with your 4 ancestral States. Igbo have our support. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by meccuno: 8:11am On Mar 12, 2022
[s]
omenkaLives:
Igbos are just something else. Doesn't it bother them that just about everyone else complains about their attitude?

For over a week, Rant Headquarters have been approving posts about what people think about people from different ethnic groups. People don catch cruise ontop Yorubas, Hausas, Fulanis, Igalas, Tivs, etc. Them yab them tire. Not left out of the yabbing spree and fun were Igbo members of the group.

But as soon as e reach Igbos time, it became a huge war!! They couldn't take even the littlest of innocuous jabs (which was what others endured, and which even they themselves gave others). It was all fun and games with other tribes, but when it got to their own turn, they started attacking anyone with a snide comment about Igbo men or women.

Of course most commentators found this attitude very irritating, and made it known to them. Interestingly, some Igbo members admitted they were ashamed of the attitude of their brothers who took things too personally whereas people were just having fun at their expense, just like they did every other tribe.

Igbos, you guys need to check yourselves. E no make sense anymore.
[/s]
Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by meccuno: 8:12am On Mar 12, 2022
[s]
flokii:
Did the owner of RCCG force Igbos to attend his church or what sort of stupid talk is this?
Soon these folks will start complaining that Yorubas are not making them 'Obas' in Yorubaland considering the way they troop into Yorubaland en masse uninvited as if there is war going on in the East.

The same people that won't allow other ethnicities contest for national elections under APGA are the same ones always quick to cry foul.
[/s]
Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by TheSameGuy(m): 8:21am On Mar 12, 2022
It's good everyone is seeing the antecedents of this People.

Unfortunately for them, they're giving birth to who's more toxic than them. Meaning, NEVER will they change.

Such hate filled ethnic shouldn't be allowed to even near corridor of power
Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by Difrent: 8:34am On Mar 12, 2022
mrvitalis:

You are talking like we haven't done that before
And what did Nigeria do ? Attacked us and killed 3 million of our people

No when we get Biafra first or then watch us move

Thats because you killed the leaders of other tribes and try to dominate us but we resisted and seeing your actions backfire decide to break the union forcefully which the rest of us resisted.
Iboman was president....iboman was chief of army....ibos held most sensitive positions in government YET you wanted to dominate everyone....your leader even wanted to control western house of assembly....and planned a coup that killed the leaders of other tribes and no single ibo leader was killed....not the president...not the eastern premier....not the chief of army staff....

If you were not ibo you would feel the same way the people whose leaders were massacred feel
Besides
Did you think going to war again with Nigeria is what will give you biafra?....that will amount to doing things the same way and expecting a different result...you will simply get routed again.
This is where your so called brain and sharpness should come in...but your actions doesnt protray a people who have an idea on how best to achieve the utopian state. I always like using the israeli example....they all moved en masse back to israel and established a state.....why not ibos especially considering you claim to have affinity to the jews

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by KosiGee(m): 8:34am On Mar 12, 2022
BSsniffer:

The last time igbos saw small power in nigeria it led to the killing of top leaders from other regions and the death of 3million igbos..... I'd rather support you guys getting your 5 state biafra than an Igbo presidency.

When the likes of Bishop Kukah make thought provoking statements, no one mentions his ethnicity, when Asari insults and offends with his speeches, no one says anything about his ethnic group. When Reno Omokri consistently criticise and offend with his tweets and false information, no one talks about his ethnicity but when one unknown and supposedly igbo person posts a provoking tweet or statement on social media, idiots like you with unsound mind will tag all Igbos and then start your rants about presidency and leadership.

You are an irredeemable idiot. You will not get better or heal.
Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by mrvitalis(m): 8:45am On Mar 12, 2022
Difrent:

Thats because you killed the leaders of other tribes and try to dominate us but we resisted and seeing your actions backfire decide to break the union forcefully which the rest of us resisted.
Iboman was president....iboman was chief of army....ibos held most sensitive positions in government YET you wanted to dominate everyone....your leader even wanted to control western house of assembly....and planned a coup that killed the leaders of other tribes and no single ibo leader was killed....not the president...not the eastern premier....not the chief of army staff....

If you were not ibo you would feel the same way the people whose leaders were massacred feel
Besides
Did you think going to war again with Nigeria is what will give you biafra?....that will amount to doing things the same way and expecting a different result...you will simply get routed again.
This is where your so called brain and sharpness should come in...but your actions doesnt protray a people who have an idea on how best to achieve the utopian state. I always like using the israeli example....they all moved en masse back to israel and established a state.....why not ibos especially considering you claim to have affinity to the jews
Biafra never went to war with Nigeria ..Nigeria , Saudi, Egypt, UK went to war with Biafra ...now go sleep boy

We would keep milking you till we get Biafra

Igbo man go chop your money today

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senate To Summon Wike Over Worsening Banditry In Abuja – FCT Senator, Kingibe / Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly / Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.