Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,420 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. (7810 Views)

RCCG Is A Christian Arm Of APC – Man Says As He Leaves Church / Another Twitter Influencer Unmasked / Northern Twitter Influencer, Waspapping, Apologise To Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by LegendHero(m): 3:01pm On Mar 11, 2022
History555:

The head of the Catholic church in Nigeria is alfred adewale Martins. So wat is ur point

I said catholic in Ibo land.

Who tell you say Yorubas no get catholic in the first place? In Ogun state, you have some deep rooted Catholic Church in Ijebu for example.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by Nobody: 3:05pm On Mar 11, 2022
History555:

So how is ur point different from op. Rccg is a Yoruba church. Just like cele and cheribum. End of story

If you don't have comprehension issues, the op was trying to insinuate that tribalism was why the RCCG has more Yorubas in their upper echelon. I was trying to give him logical reasons (something strange to you yeebos) why it is so.

7 Likes

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by PressMyButton: 3:05pm On Mar 11, 2022
oilPUSSY:

I don't know why non christians are stressing themselves about Christianity.. The bolded has exposed where you belong because such thing "most senior catholic priest" don't exist..

As for their convention and their retreat, I have attended it twice at their redeem camp in Ogun hence my confidence in my analysis.. Redeem members across Nigeria has a negligible Numbers across the country to compare with Catholic and Anglican church..

As for presidential candidates visit to RCCG, have it at the back of ur mind that they also visit some pentecostal Churches that are in the same level with RCCG like, Winner's church, Deeper Life, Chosen , Christ embassy and mountain of fire
You would sit your ass behind your keyboard and determine which faith I belong. What does that say about your I.Q.
Your use of the word" negligible" shows how poor the quality of your Education with the wrong choice of words. Both Catholic and Anglican might be way older but RCCG has outgrown them in the last two decades. We are talking about an indigenous church that has delivered on a proven capacity to outgrow foreign founded and financed churches in Nigeria and abroad.
Who is the head of Catholic Church in Nigeria?.. Maybe Google would come to my rescue.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by flokii: 3:06pm On Mar 11, 2022
Did the owner of RCCG force Igbos to attend his church or what sort of stupid talk is this?
Soon these folks will start complaining that Yorubas are not making them 'Obas' in Yorubaland considering the way they troop into Yorubaland en masse uninvited as if there is war going on in the East.

The same people that won't allow other ethnicities contest for national elections under APGA are the same ones always quick to cry foul.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by Tingotoe: 3:23pm On Mar 11, 2022
RCCG is not a church it's a corporate business entity and private liability company.
Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 11, 2022
IamAtikulate:

You guys are phoooolish.

Even practicing tribalism in the church

To me most igbo don't have the fear of God

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by oilPUSSY(f): 3:31pm On Mar 11, 2022
PressMyButton:

You would sit your ass behind your keyboard and determine which faith I belong. What does that say about your I.Q.
Your use of the word" negligible" shows how poor the quality of your Education with the wrong choice of words. Both Catholic and Anglican might be way older but RCCG has outgrown them in the last wo decades. We are talking about an indigenous church that has delivered on a proven capacity to outgrow foreign founded and financed churches in Nigeria and abroad.

At the bolded, just look at the trash that's coming out from a self acclaimed christian..

Ofcourse in Nairaland everbody is a Christian including well known terrorists on this forum.. They are now ashamed of their religion of piss due to stigma associated with it .

Next time if you want to seek for my attention by quoting me unnecessarily ensure you know the meaning of catholic church..

We are not discussing terrorism here...

8 Likes

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by mrvitalis(m): 3:31pm On Mar 11, 2022
PressMyButton:

You must be aware that Northern Youths gave you quit notice twice, we believe that should have been a good starting point, disappointingly, you'd rather beg than follow suit.
Are you also aware that there is a case asking the court to mandate the FG to grant referendum to ibos, yet no ibo group or individual has deemed it fit to seek to join in the case.
In the recent constitutional review, how committed was Abaribe & his fellow ibo lawmakers to demand the inclusion of referendum in the Constitution. From my observation, biafra is just a charade, if really you wanted it, y'all know what to do.
Lmfao Igbos don't waste our time on aimless agendas ...

We know people who wants Biafra and who don't want it.....and Igbos would one day be begged to leave Nigeria
Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by PressMyButton: 3:56pm On Mar 11, 2022
oilPUSSY:

At the bolded, just look at the trash that's coming out from a self acclaimed christian..

Ofcourse in Nairaland everbody is a Christian including well known terrorists on this forum.. They are now ashamed of their religion of piss due to stigma associated with it .

Next time if you want to seek for my attention by quoting me unnecessarily ensure you know the meaning of catholic church..

Kid, listen up, if the likes of Ohaneze could be told off and be put in their place. If we could run your apex social-cultural body with intellectual individuals from various works of life, back into their hole, how much less an inconsequential faceless dingbat like you.
If anyone among you comes on this forum to regurgitate your usual lies, we, on the other side are duty bound to expose you and make your lies look stupid on you.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by 9gerian: 3:59pm On Mar 11, 2022
But the Igbos have indigenous churches such as The Lord’s Chosen, TREM, and several others that no Yoruba or any other tribe has questioned their choice of leaders and appointed administrators.

Or is there something else that we are not aware of?

BSsniffer:
grin grin tactless, brainlessness, victimhood, politics of emotional blackmail, greed, envy and inferiority complex is the general description of the average nyamiri.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealOlaudah/status/1502175173142716426

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by PressMyButton: 4:00pm On Mar 11, 2022
mrvitalis:

Lmfao Igbos don't waste our time on aimless agendas ...

We know people who wants Biafra and who don't want it.....and Igbos would one day be begged to leave Nigeria
If quit notice was an aimless agenda, if an existing court case as well as a constitutional review is an aimless agenda, can you spell out your own fruitful agenda in clear terms?. Is killings, sit at home, arson and cannibalism your form of fruitful agenda?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by Yves4real(f): 4:11pm On Mar 11, 2022
This problem has been addressed for quite some time. Senior pastors and provincial pastors are appointed among the indigenous peoples of the states with RCCG branches.
Why is the problem still surfacing?
Please do not move this thread to the front page, MOD.

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by 9gerian: 4:13pm On Mar 11, 2022
The Catholic Church in Nigeria is part of the worldwide Catholic Church, under the spiritual leadership of the Pope, the curia in Rome, and the Catholic Bishops' Conference of Nigeria (CBCN). The present president of the CBCN as of 2020 is Augustine Obiora Akubeze, Archbishop of Benin city, who was preceded by the Archbishop of Jos Catholic Diocese, Ignatius Kaigama.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_in_Nigeria

History555:

The head of the Catholic church in Nigeria is alfred adewale Martins. So wat is ur point

1 Like

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 4:27pm On Mar 11, 2022
[s]
omenkaLives:
Igbos are just something else. Doesn't it bother them that just about everyone else complains about their attitude?

For over a week, Rant Headquarters have been approving posts about what people think about people from different ethnic groups. People don catch cruise ontop Yorubas, Hausas, Fulanis, Igalas, Tivs, etc. Them yab them tire. Not left out of the yabbing spree and fun were Igbo members of the group.

But as soon as e reach Igbos time, it became a huge war!! They couldn't take even the littlest of innocuous jabs (which was what others endured, and which even they themselves gave others). It was all fun and games with other tribes, but when it got to their own turn, they started attacking anyone with a snide comment about Igbo men or women.

Of course most commentators found this attitude very irritating, and made it known to them. Interestingly, some Igbo members admitted they were ashamed of the attitude of their brothers who took things too personally whereas people were just having fun at their expense, just like they did every other tribe.

Igbos, you guys need to check yourselves. E no make sense anymore.
[/s]
trash
Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by McEphiks(m): 4:50pm On Mar 11, 2022
BSsniffer:

Lol.....the truth....seems like stupidity is the new truth for you nyamiris, you don't even know when you're acting foolish.....you guys have gradually made yourselves the laughing stock of nigeria.

You said exactly what I thought

1 Like

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by McEphiks(m): 4:57pm On Mar 11, 2022
mrvitalis:

As if u are enjoying the Nigeria more than this ethnic group

Yet your earnings every month u spend more on this ethnic groups

The problem with people like u is this you can never type this same rubbish you typed on your known social media handles nah ...you are too much of a coward to do so ...I'm sure u even post so much love about this ethnic group there

But come to this faceless forum to show your hate

What's the big deal if Igbo rule Nigeria ? Are your tribe better than Igbos ?

You contradict yourself while trying to prove a needless point. If they're enjoying better than the rest, why clamor for Biafra. If they're not affected why ask to be President? Igbos and inferiority complex be like hamburger and cheese but this is a fact y'all keep denying.

Once your argument is countered you resort to insults and name calling. What's that called, is it asinine or stupidity?

7 Likes

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 11, 2022
oilPUSSY:

I don't know about Catholic Church. But Redeem has actually outgrown Anglican since tey tey. And no, I'm not a redeem member.
Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by Karleb(m): 5:30pm On Mar 11, 2022
All churches, organizations are like this but let me defend RCCG a bit.

I'm a member, I joined 12 years ago. I'm also a worker, I've worked in one of the provinces as a staff for close to 3 years and I like igbo people. I know about the inner workings of RCCG.

RCCG was founded by a yoruba man in a yoruba state. That is, the founding fathers of RCCG are yoruba people. In fact, RCCG that was given to care of Adeboye by Akindayomi was a pure, undiluted yoruba church. It was Adeboye who instructed that pastors should speak English while preaching rather than the yoruba they were used to.

The introduction of English as the church's official language amongst other things is the reason why the church was widely accepted throughout the nation.

But RCCG is no longer a yoruba church, it's a church for all. People from other tribes who has labored just like the founding fathers hold top positions in the church. In fact, they are major stakeholders.

They are regional pastors, provincial pastors, CGOs, Special Advisers. The pastor in my church is not a yoruba man but he is an assistant provincial pastor.

But in the church, there is hierarchy. The founding fathers and mothers who are mostly yoruba will still take the front seat because they were there before those from other tribes. They have been laboring even before the church grew mega. I see nothing wrong with this and it has absolutely nothing to do with tribalism.

Now, the church is without its fault and it's possible that some people were denied of somethings solely because of their tribe. But such occurrence is rare, I hardly hear of this. I know some non-yoruba pastors from other regions of the southern part of Nigeria who are top pastors and has never had any reason to complain of tribalism.

RCCG is first come, first serve.

9 Likes

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by Karleb(m): 5:42pm On Mar 11, 2022
PressMyButton:

How many Yoruba are head pastors in the Lord's Choosen, CPM & the likes?.
But I can authoritatively tell you that ibos, Edos, Calabars, Ijaws, Urhobo, hausa, just name it, are appointed head pastors and senior executives in RCCG.

Even Salvation ministry. The most senior pastors are not yoruba and no yoruba man has complained.

When you found a church, business etc. in a particular location, your co founders are mostly people from that area, do you now expect them to be discarded in place of people from other tribes just because your business is growing and you want diversity?

These people should try to be reasonable abeg. Besides, igbo people still hold top top positions in the church. But you can't meet people in the game and be ahead of them, will call it seniority.

3 Likes

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by LordIsaac(m): 5:57pm On Mar 11, 2022
The hypocrisy called religion in Nigeria is gradually coming to the fore. You can "ethnicize" true Christianity.
Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by akanke79: 6:31pm On Mar 11, 2022
IamAtikulate:

You guys are phoooolish.

Even practicing tribalism in the church
How many Yoruba pastors do you have in choosen church or Loveworld?

1 Like

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by mrvitalis(m): 6:38pm On Mar 11, 2022
McEphiks:

You contradict yourself while trying to prove a needless point. If they're enjoying better than the rest, why clamor for Biafra. If they're not affected why ask to be President? Igbos and inferiority complex be like hamburger and cheese but this is a fact y'all keep denying.

Once your argument is countered you resort to insults and name calling. What's that called, is it asinine or stupidity?
We want Biafra because even if we are one of the beneficiary of Nigeria we can do more as an Independent nation and we know that

We only call for presidency based on zoning bthst was agreed ...the average Igbo man is not crazy who becomes president
Nigeria needs an Igbo man to be president more than and Igbo man needs and Igbo man to be president
Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by McEphiks(m): 6:51pm On Mar 11, 2022
mrvitalis:

We want Biafra because even if we are one of the beneficiary of Nigeria we can do more as an Independent nation and we know that

We only call for presidency based on zoning bthst was agreed ...the average Igbo man is not crazy who becomes president
Nigeria needs an Igbo man to be president more than and Igbo man needs and Igbo man to be president

Lol... you folks are not ready.. when you're still practicing the osu.. you still segregate calling some folks Hausa igbo... every yoruba man is Ofenmanu and once Biafra is opposed or not supported that person is fulani slave..

For years you all said PMB was Jubril from Sudan or na where, but all of a sudden that noise has died down..

You always have a way of bringing other tribes or trying to portay yourselves as the best which is why you won't get the seat.

Funny people..

4 Likes

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by mrvitalis(m): 6:53pm On Mar 11, 2022
McEphiks:

Lol... you folks are not ready.. when you're still practicing the osu.. you still segregate calling some folks Hausa igbo... every yoruba man is Ofenmanu and once Biafra is opposed or not supported that person is fulani slave..

For years you all said PMB was Jubril from Sudan or na where, but all of a sudden that noise has died down..

You always have a way of bringing other tribes or trying to portay yourselves as the best which is why you won't get the seat.

Funny people..
OSU ? I'm sure u have little idea of what it is lmao just like saying u have prison
Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by PressMyButton: 7:10pm On Mar 11, 2022
IamAtikulate:

A Yoruba man is a Cardinal. If we marginalize them we won't have allowed that.

We demand the same treatment in RCCG.
If we marginalize them?.. Who are the We?.. ibos?.. you're a clown. Are Ibos the founder of the Catholic Church?..
You can do whatever with your CPM, The Lord's Choosen, TREM, we don't give a flying fück but you can't make a decision for a Church owned by the Romans.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by Proudlyomonna: 7:26pm On Mar 11, 2022
oilPUSSY:
This RCCG of a church, are they even upto 10 million ?

Most Igbos are Catholics and Anglicans..

RCCG has no influence, even if they have it might only be in Afonja Land..

So when you are talking of Christianity/Church, Catholic and Anglicans ist before those pentecostal Churches theirs Numbers are negligible..

I won't be surprised if SW headslammers start commenting on this thread that's beyond their brain capacity

Go to Trinity parish Rccg Umuahia and count the No you would be surprised.
I am a Redemite and I can only say that most times it depends on the particular area you are.
I wasn't pleased with the Rccg church I attended at Ikorodu Lagos last Sunday bcus all the songs was Yoruba all through but I had to remind myself that it's a Yoruba populated environment.
Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by Perfectbeing(m): 7:29pm On Mar 11, 2022
BSsniffer:

They blame the north for asking for quota system but are the ones constantly weeping like witches of marginalization....now they're asking for quota system inside church.
Not just inside the Church but in the Presidency. They want Nigeria to dash them Presidency without working for it.
Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by Easternblood: 7:30pm On Mar 11, 2022
oilPUSSY:
This RCCG of a church, are they even upto 10 million ?

Most Igbos are Catholics and Anglicans..

RCCG has no influence, even if they have it might only be in Afonja Land..

So when you are talking of Christianity/Church, Catholic and Anglicans ist before those pentecostal Churches theirs Numbers are negligible..

I won't be surprised if SW headslammers start commenting on this thread that's beyond their brain capacity
They have started already, just skull mining and senseless takes
Re: RCCG Is A Yoruba Church- Igbo Twitter Influencer. by Easternblood: 7:32pm On Mar 11, 2022
mrvitalis:

As if u are enjoying the Nigeria more than this ethnic group

Yet your earnings every month u spend more on this ethnic groups

The problem with people like u is this you can never type this same rubbish you typed on your known social media handles nah ...you are too much of a coward to do so ...I'm sure u even post so much love about this ethnic group there

But come to this faceless forum to show your hate

What's the big deal if Igbo rule Nigeria ? Are your tribe better than Igbos ?
They are known as cowards for a reason

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? / I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri / Debt Servicing To Gulp 123% Of 2023 Revenue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.