Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

BRT Driver Told Bamise, 'Fine Girl, It’s Only You I’ll Pick’ – Brother - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / BRT Driver Told Bamise, 'Fine Girl, It’s Only You I’ll Pick’ – Brother (38498 Views)

Bamise: How Lagos BRT Driver Raped Female Passengers – Witness / Nice Andrew Omininikoron: BRT Driver Arrested Over Bamise Ayanwole Kidnap, Death / Andrew Nice, BRT Driver Who Kidnapped Bamise Ayanwola Declared Wanted (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

BRT Driver Told Bamise, 'Fine Girl, It’s Only You I’ll Pick’ – Brother by Ademola47(m): 6:46am On Mar 12, 2022
BRT driver told Bamise, ‘Fine girl, it’s only you I’ll pick’ – Brother of slain 22-year-old

In these interviews with GODFREY GEROGE, undecidedsiblings of the 22-year-old lady, Bamise Ayanwole, who went missing after boarding a Bus Rapid Transit vehicle in Lagos and her dead body found later, speak about the tragic incident

What is your name?

My name is Oluwapelumi. I am an elder brother to the deceased, Oluwabamise.

What are the events that led to the sudden disappearance of your younger sister?

She was coming to my house on that day (February 26). According to what I learnt, she said she wanted to make it a surprise. My wife was pregnant, so she wanted to help her out with the homemaking before she put to bed.

So, she boarded a Bus Rapid Transit from Ajah going to Oshodi. As she got into the BRT, she noticed that the light was not on and the guy (driver) refused to pick other passengers after telling her, ‘Fine girl, it is only you I will pick’. True to it, he didn’t pick anyone else. She was suspicious and so she started sending out distress voice notes to her friend. She did a short video as well.

After a while, three persons entered the bus, including one female. She sent a voice note on that, too. After some minutes, the friend noticed that the voice notes had not been delivered. The one that was delivered was not being read. So, she decided to call Bamise and it rang out. It was on the second try that a struggling male voice picked up the phone and hung up almost immediately. Maybe she was the one who picked it and when they noticed, they hung up, I cannot tell. After that, the phone was switched off.

How did you get to know she had gone missing?

Bamise’s friend, Felicia Omolara, then called a brother of mine, Daniel, who happened to be the only phone number she had. It was the following morning at about 3am that Daniel called me to ask if Bamise was with me. I told him that I was on my way to Kiaro. I decided to call home to ask for her whereabouts. They said she wasn’t there. We went to her workplace at Chevron to ask as well. We encountered a lot of challenges on our way. The fuel in our vehicle even finished and we were almost attacked by hoodlums. It was so risky. We knew it was not safe, so we decided to go the following morning.

What was the reaction of the police to the case?

We got to the station at Akinpelu the following day and we saw that our complaint was not given good attention so we went to BRT Terminal 3, where we met a man who was saying all sorts of rubbish. He said Bamise went out to enjoy herself, and that he had spoken with the driver, Andrew, and that he (Andrew) would come meet us.

We waited for nearly four hours. It was around 3pm that we noticed that this man had left then someone then told us to go to their office beside LASTMA office where I met two CSOs. They refused to give us attention. That driver came in the same day after we lodged our complaints, but they didn’t get him. Now that they have seen that we have found Bamise’s dead body, they are now saying they have caught the driver. You see the country? We are devastated.

What are your demands?

If you ask everyone, they would tell you they want the head of the driver and everyone involved on a platter. We need justice for Bamise. She didn’t deserve this kind of gruesome death. This is a revelation. It means it has been happening and nothing has been done. Somewhere that we assume is secured. It is a Lagos vehicle. We call (Goveror Babajide) Sanwo-Olu and everyone in charge to please help. They cannot claim not to be aware of what has been going on. We learnt it was the police that took her remains to the morgue. How come we are just hearing that? How come we are just seeing it?

They didn’t take any family member to where they found the body?

They didn’t. After showing us a lot of pictures and everything, they did not.

Have you had access to the body?

They said they want to do an autopsy to get to the bottom of the matter.

What kind of lady was Bamise?

Take a look at the environment and picture the mood of the people. That will tell you the kind of person that she was. She was jovial, accommodating and sociable. She would not protest when you tell her to do something for you. You would just see that she had done it. It is just an unfortunate incident. Our parents are aged. I am afraid for their lives. This is not good for their blood pressure. Our mother has been wailing since she heard of it. I am afraid.

What was your last conversation with her like?

She called me and told me that I should send her some money, and I told her I couldn’t send her any money at the time. She told me not to worry that she would find her way.

How confident are you in the way the government is handling this case?

I am not confident in whatever the government is going to do. I saw this governor as a man of honesty, especially during the #EndSARS protests. After the panel, I lost my trust in his government. I wonder how I can express confidence in such a government, when the people that killed my sister are out there in the streets. I am not expecting them to do anything. See what the driver is saying. Even a mad man would not believe that. But I know there is a God in heaven who knows that Bamise was not promiscuous. She had no boyfriend at all. She was keeping herself. My wife has been numb. She made the clothes for her baby shower

https://punchng.com/brt-driver-told-bamise-fine-girl-its-only-you-ill-pick-brother-of-slain-22-year-old/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BRT Driver Told Bamise, 'Fine Girl, It’s Only You I’ll Pick’ – Brother by Malory: 6:48am On Mar 12, 2022
These people should allow the court to do it job

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: BRT Driver Told Bamise, 'Fine Girl, It’s Only You I’ll Pick’ – Brother by Nobody: 6:52am On Mar 12, 2022
He's not even confident in the government, shows how basterdized they the government are.
To be sincere,why do I have this feeling that they might sweep this issue under the carpet?
Bloody corrupt people who don't care about the citizens.

I hope they get judgement and the perpetrator pays for his crime.

135 Likes 7 Shares

Re: BRT Driver Told Bamise, 'Fine Girl, It’s Only You I’ll Pick’ – Brother by chatinent: 6:53am On Mar 12, 2022
Evil finesse to end the young girl's dream.

His life should be like that of Solomon Grundy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: BRT Driver Told Bamise, 'Fine Girl, It’s Only You I’ll Pick’ – Brother by habsydiamond(m): 6:57am On Mar 12, 2022
Good people die untimely while the wicked wants to remain to continue with their evil acts.. One thing must surely come for everyone one way or the other.. Death is a sure bet for everyone. No matter who u are.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: BRT Driver Told Bamise, 'Fine Girl, It’s Only You I’ll Pick’ – Brother by Skyfornia(m): 7:05am On Mar 12, 2022
The killers will never know peace...their own death will be more tragic.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BRT Driver Told Bamise, 'Fine Girl, It’s Only You I’ll Pick’ – Brother by Hector09(m): 9:07am On Mar 12, 2022
Sometimes I luv jungle justice an eye for an eye....there is no need taking a self confessed murderer to a court....why wasting tax payers money

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BRT Driver Told Bamise, 'Fine Girl, It’s Only You I’ll Pick’ – Brother by Realists(m): 9:31am On Mar 12, 2022
Evil

1 Like

Re: BRT Driver Told Bamise, 'Fine Girl, It’s Only You I’ll Pick’ – Brother by adekanmbi1986(m): 9:32am On Mar 12, 2022
Hmm
Re: BRT Driver Told Bamise, 'Fine Girl, It’s Only You I’ll Pick’ – Brother by omoadeleye(m): 9:32am On Mar 12, 2022
Uhm
Re: BRT Driver Told Bamise, 'Fine Girl, It’s Only You I’ll Pick’ – Brother by Eriokanmi: 9:33am On Mar 12, 2022
Imagine. She was truly pretty and natural in her look. Rip

8 Likes

Re: BRT Driver Told Bamise, 'Fine Girl, It’s Only You I’ll Pick’ – Brother by SultanOfPuna: 9:33am On Mar 12, 2022
R.i.p beautiful girl

2 Likes

Re: BRT Driver Told Bamise, 'Fine Girl, It’s Only You I’ll Pick’ – Brother by Kingpele(m): 9:33am On Mar 12, 2022
How did u know, this family should not be granting interviews in this mourning period because they could say things that can damage the case ,if the government and police got to read where this guy said they have lost confidence in the system, the morale of those handling the case will go down .they might as well throw the case away and damn the consequences..our media people are heartless, they can't even give this family sometime to mourn their loved one in peace..may your soul rest in peace pretty girl

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: BRT Driver Told Bamise, 'Fine Girl, It’s Only You I’ll Pick’ – Brother by GloriousGbola: 9:34am On Mar 12, 2022
I don't know who is advising the family. They should shut up. All this nonsense they are putting out will taint whatever case lasg has against the driver.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: BRT Driver Told Bamise, 'Fine Girl, It’s Only You I’ll Pick’ – Brother by chukwuibuipob: 9:34am On Mar 12, 2022
sad Blogger sad una dey there wen the baztard kee her undecided?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BRT Driver Told Bamise, 'Fine Girl, It’s Only You I’ll Pick’ – Brother by bennybuhari: 9:35am On Mar 12, 2022
All evidence and the guy's picture shows that he is a serial killer and rapist. See his devilish look

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: BRT Driver Told Bamise, 'Fine Girl, It’s Only You I’ll Pick’ – Brother by seanwilliam(m): 9:35am On Mar 12, 2022
Omo
Re: BRT Driver Told Bamise, 'Fine Girl, It’s Only You I’ll Pick’ – Brother by badboyTee(m): 9:35am On Mar 12, 2022
cheesy otun tii zeh cheesy

Set of liars family members

Was he there when she was entering the bus?

My guess is many of her family members are illiterates that why they are behaving like this !

with all this misappropriation they would just make the case become shit. They have a lot of evidence with them but if the family are still playing it this way then I guess the table might turn!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: BRT Driver Told Bamise, 'Fine Girl, It’s Only You I’ll Pick’ – Brother by bigdammyj: 9:36am On Mar 12, 2022
Noted
Re: BRT Driver Told Bamise, 'Fine Girl, It’s Only You I’ll Pick’ – Brother by Basheer22: 9:36am On Mar 12, 2022
Malory:
This people should allow the court to do it job
These, not this.

Antoeni:
Please i am Tired of this Case everywhere on News and Social Media, Please Let's Allow the Police and Court do there Professional Jobs
Their, not there.

Go and tell the people who sent you on this foolish errand to educate you properly.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BRT Driver Told Bamise, 'Fine Girl, It’s Only You I’ll Pick’ – Brother by valencia25(m): 9:36am On Mar 12, 2022
This could have been anyone, could have been my sister/daughter or yours.

Something must be done, this is shameful and disastrous to Lagos.... I'm ashamed to read about this gruesome act happening in my beloved State.

Justice for Bamishe.

17 Likes

Re: BRT Driver Told Bamise, 'Fine Girl, It’s Only You I’ll Pick’ – Brother by Antoeni(m): 9:36am On Mar 12, 2022
Please i am Tired of this Case everywhere on News and Social Media, Please Let's Allow the Police and Court do there Professional Jobs

1 Like

Re: BRT Driver Told Bamise, 'Fine Girl, It’s Only You I’ll Pick’ – Brother by WibusJaga: 9:36am On Mar 12, 2022

If I'm alone in a BRT with a driver & he starts behaving funny or passes my bus stop, I'd be angry & agitated & start shouting, hitting/breaking the window etc. I will not just go to a corner & be discreetly making a video.
Infact if you threaten the driver you are videoing & informing your family, he will stop any intended foul play.

Who are those 3 passengers +a female the driver stopped to pick up & Why didn't she drop when the bus stopped to pick them?

It should not be too difficult for the police to establish the degree of culpability of the driver in the murder case, by investigating his
-call records
-bank transactions
-friends & associates
-his lifestyle (if within his income)
& a few other interrogations.
The driver, the chief suspect who witnessed everything, has been in custody of police for a week. Why has the police not come out to tell us exactly what happened?

Her body parts were still intact so it's not ritual murder. It appears she was killed when her assailants realised they were being videoed.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BRT Driver Told Bamise, 'Fine Girl, It’s Only You I’ll Pick’ – Brother by seunlayi(m): 9:36am On Mar 12, 2022
Thank God he was caught
Re: BRT Driver Told Bamise, 'Fine Girl, It’s Only You I’ll Pick’ – Brother by MARYIAN(f): 9:37am On Mar 12, 2022
I hope they get judgement and the perpetrator pays for his crime. cry
Re: BRT Driver Told Bamise, 'Fine Girl, It’s Only You I’ll Pick’ – Brother by Thinktwicemybro: 9:37am On Mar 12, 2022
ÀFONJA!!!!!!!!! Àfonja was raping women inside bus and disguising his name as Andrew nice. But trust us we know only àfonjas can commit such atrocities so when went to their ritual capital of ogun State and arrested him.

All you rapist on naira land that is hiding under a false name, we are coming for you. Àfonja! One day, one bad news from there.

5 Likes

Re: BRT Driver Told Bamise, 'Fine Girl, It’s Only You I’ll Pick’ – Brother by ERockson: 9:39am On Mar 12, 2022
No be today that driver dey do it
Re: BRT Driver Told Bamise, 'Fine Girl, It’s Only You I’ll Pick’ – Brother by hansomb: 9:39am On Mar 12, 2022
Before when this happens they pin the blame on Area okada riders, even banning them. now foul Yash don open.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Guard Kills Friend, Cut Body Into Pieces And Dump In The Bush (Pics) / Ondo Kidnapper Who Took Tramadol Sleeps Off In Victim’s House / How Pastor ThankGod Abam Was Shot Dead By Assassins Pretending To Be Vigilante

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.