Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts (56513 Views)

FG Bars Online Banks From Accessing Customers’ Photos, Contacts / FG Approves 173 Loan Apps, Bars Illegal Online Banks / FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by mrvitalis(m): 12:25pm On Mar 12, 2022
DeepSight:

Tell me how it works. By blackmail? By libel and slander?

By the way, I suppose you meant recovery there, and not repossession.

Careful.
Repossession .. Google can help you read aboy repo men and how they operate

Start your own loan company if u think u can do better
Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by DeepSight(m): 12:26pm On Mar 12, 2022
danngnews:

They are regulated, the problem is that they don't want to register with government's financial regulators,for example do you know that 90% of these loan companies do not have any known offices?

Gbam!

They vanish into thin air when you seek them. You can't even find an address to serve them court papers!

What sort of companies are those if not underworld loan sharks.

5 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by EDhims(m): 12:28pm On Mar 12, 2022
Hope this closure does not affect Kuda bank as I have my savings there o
Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by DeepSight(m): 12:29pm On Mar 12, 2022
mrvitalis:

Repossession .. Google can help you read aboy repo men and how they operate

Start your own loan company if u think u can do better

Uncle, careful dabbling into what you don't know. I happen to be a lawyer and I am speaking with legal principles in mind.

You repossess tangible property - which you once possessed. A loan, you recover. But that's a small matter.

5 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by funshint(m): 12:29pm On Mar 12, 2022
Pls L-Credit too.... that's the worst of them!

3 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by Comedian2019: 12:30pm On Mar 12, 2022
Can debtors now forget about paying back?

Just asking for a neighbor.

3 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by funshint(m): 12:30pm On Mar 12, 2022
EDhims:
Hope this closure does not affect Kuda bank as I have my savings there o
It shouldn't....these are mostly all these loan apps.

2 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by walex2(m): 12:31pm On Mar 12, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Nice one if it's true.

This thing has plunged a lot of people into pitiable debt.

But I don't know how someone can loaned money and find it very hard to pay back on the agreed date. When the loan company start disgracing them, they start crying foul. Some of them will run to nairaland to seek for help. Very stupid and uselesssss people infact thieves. I don't blame loan companies at all for their actions.
because you are ignorant of the fact that you borrowed with the app and you are unable to pay back through the app, You contact their customer care and they send you their company account number that you should pay and send evidence of payment, you paid and send evidence and they promised to clear it for you on the app...they didn't clear it and fiaammm the second day they have roll over your principal and they will tell you that you must pay with threats. Your borrowing of #30,000 Will turn to #65,000 in just 15 days. While banking policy says that interest must not be above 35 percent in a whole year. All these Chinese doing this in Nigeria can't try in in their country. Sokoloan, L credit, cash cash I received countless of what'sapp message telling me to inform my contacts to pay up and if not I will be sanctioned and my BVN would be blocked. The contacts that I don't even know from Adam

8 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by mrvitalis(m): 12:38pm On Mar 12, 2022
DeepSight:

Uncle, careful dabbling into what you don't know. I happen to be a lawyer and I am speaking with legal principles in mind.

You repossess tangible property - which you once possessed. A loan, you recover. But that's a small matter.
Lawyer and you don't know what repo means ? Shame
Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by tunjilana: 12:38pm On Mar 12, 2022
MrPADDY:
Sad development for the lenders and the borrowers. The federal government should have found a way to regulate the sector, instead of forcing them to close shops.

It is already regulated, they are the ones to ensure they have CAC registration and CBN license b4 operating but that will mean they cant do all these cut throat lending and cant abuse data privacy laws

2 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by 752hub: 12:40pm On Mar 12, 2022
Is this not stupid so are we encouraging the defaulters to continue to default. Do you know how the banks got the money, its other peoples money. Instead of govt to empower the banks more to be able to collect their money. If you cant help them to recover their loan why not just leave them....

2 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by ibechris(m): 12:40pm On Mar 12, 2022
Mrkumareze:
Some nairalander debtors ll be happy wink

And stupid debtors for that matter.
Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by Frankspot(m): 12:45pm On Mar 12, 2022
I hope kuda bank isn’t among
Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by DeepSight(m): 12:47pm On Mar 12, 2022
mrvitalis:

Lawyer and you don't know what repo means ? Shame

A little learning can be a terrible thing. I warned you to be careful but you bound forth where angels fear to tread. You said "repossession" and in this clime it has a distinct legal connotation. Don't rush to mix and befuddle things with foreign terms that you are not familiar with.

Now at all events you then slant it towards what a "repo" is. Okay, here is what a Repo is -

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repurchase_agreement

A repurchase agreement, also known as a repo, RP, or sale and repurchase agreement, is a form of short-term borrowing, mainly in government securities. The dealer sells the underlying security to investors and, by agreement between the two parties, buys them back shortly afterwards, usually the following day, at a slightly higher price.

Now can you tell me what a Repo as described here has to do with the scenario under discussion here concerning recovery of petty loans by methods of blackmail?

Let me suggest to you that it's not too late to climb down your high horse of pretentious knowledge on a subject you know nothing about. Be humble. It doesn't kill.

7 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by wealthcome111: 12:51pm On Mar 12, 2022
Can somebody confirm if fair money is part of these illegal online banks? Thanks
Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by DeepSight(m): 12:54pm On Mar 12, 2022
wealthcome111:
Can somebody confirm if fair money is part of these illegal online banks? Thanks

Probably not and neither will Carbon be. Both appear to have strong corporate governance and global best practices.

2 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by blackparadise: 12:56pm On Mar 12, 2022
Nyanmiridunce:
Lcredit and sokoloan offices should be locked up and the keys thrown into the Pacific waters.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by mrvitalis(m): 12:56pm On Mar 12, 2022
DeepSight:

A little learning can be a terrible thing. I warned you to be careful but you bound forth where angels fear to tread. You said "repossession" and in this clime it has a distinct legal connotation. Don't rush to mix and befuddle things with foreign terms that you are not familiar with.

Now at all events you then slant it towards what a "repo" is. Okay, here is what a Repo is -

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repurchase_agreement

A repurchase agreement, also known as a repo, RP, or sale and repurchase agreement, is a form of short-term borrowing, mainly in government securities. The dealer sells the underlying security to investors and, by agreement between the two parties, buys them back shortly afterwards, usually the following day, at a slightly higher price.

Now can you tell me what a Repo as described here has to do with the scenario under discussion here concerning recovery of petty loans by methods of blackmail?

Let me suggest to you that it's not too late to climb down your high horse of pretentious knowledge on a subject you know nothing about. Be humble. It doesn't kill.
Which school did you go to again ?

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by helpee(m): 1:00pm On Mar 12, 2022
mrvitalis:

oga stop embarrassing yourself. If you don't know something, learn. You don't have to know everything but be humble to admit when you dont know. You lost the argument... go home and fight another day. All these one sentence response is annoying Biko make we read other people's argument.. You don lose this one please

7 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by baralatie(m): 1:01pm On Mar 12, 2022
1Alex:
Lol. People wey dey owe dem right now
grin
Na yahoo move
Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by Plus10(m): 1:02pm On Mar 12, 2022
752hub:
Is this not stupid so are we encouraging the defaulters to continue to default. Do you know how the banks got the money, its other peoples money. Instead of govt to empower the banks more to be able to collect their money. If you cant help them to recover their loan why not just leave them....
Who told you they are banks in Nigeria, they are illegal online app with no CAC registration certificate and physical address.

1 Like

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by sisisioge: 1:02pm On Mar 12, 2022
Awesome news!
Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by Pastorsmile: 1:03pm On Mar 12, 2022
Long over due.!!! My phone's are bombarded daily with people's pictures, phone numbers and details of so called loan defaulters.
Is this how we are going to continue?
If some one owns and hasn't paid, I think there are much saner ways to go about it.

The thing now, is that individuals have abducted the uncultured method. If they carry out hasn't received their orders, the next you see is, your pic and information on relatives phone's.
Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by mrvitalis(m): 1:04pm On Mar 12, 2022
helpee:
oga stop embarrassing yourself. If you don't know something, learn. You don't have to know everything but be humble to admit when you dont know. You lost the argument... go home and fight another day. All these one sentence response is annoying Biko make we read other people's argument.. You don lose this one please
It's not my fault u can't comprehend

This argument started with him saying intimidation and threat are not used to recover loans

I asked him to go look how repossession is done because stalking , Intimidation ,threat are all used ...the idea of repo is to shame the defaulter

If u can't link the two point it's not my business

1 Like

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by DeepSight(m): 1:04pm On Mar 12, 2022
mrvitalis:

Such repossession refers to action on a collaterized loan. The loans we speak of are not collaterized and this is exactly why the loan sharks resort to blackmail. If they were collaterized they would simply go after the collateral.

Why is humility so hard? I repeat: it doesn't kill to be humble. It doesn't kill to learn. It doesn't kill to admit you got something wrong.

My schools? I am proud of them. Corona. Kings College. Unilag and the Nigerian Law School.

4 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by DeepSight(m): 1:09pm On Mar 12, 2022
mrvitalis:

It's not my fault u can't comprehend

This argument started with him saying intimidation and threat are not used to recover loans

I asked him to go look how repossession is done because stalking , Intimidation ,threat are all used ...the idea of repo is to shame the defaulter

If u can't link the two point it's not my business

You are simply advocating the criminal tactics of loan sharks while flinging around technical terms that have nothing whatsoever to do with such criminality.

Repos have nothing to do with legitimizing blackmail.

6 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by Bigchristo: 1:09pm On Mar 12, 2022
unitysheart:

https://punchng.com/fg-shuts-illegal-online-banks-freezes-business-accounts/
It’s long overdue, imagine them calling me up to report my friend who took a loan from the and refused to pay back, I wan wasn’t there when they had an agreement yet they disturb my life with their nonsense loan

1 Like

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by NGArmyTerrorist: 1:11pm On Mar 12, 2022
They can either go to bank for loan now or go hungry because they're never a good neighbor! Those who thought that the loans they collected will be wiped out, rejoice not. All your data, everything in your phone are still with them, no escape!
Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by DeepSight(m): 1:17pm On Mar 12, 2022
helpee:

Na ego.
Needless ego.

1 Like

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by xpool(m): 1:28pm On Mar 12, 2022
unitysheart:

https://punchng.com/fg-shuts-illegal-online-banks-freezes-business-accounts/
Please publicize email addresses, WhatsApp no, Facebook and twitter and other address forms we can send petitions and information on these illegal loan apps .

1 Like

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by Awoleesu(m): 1:31pm On Mar 12, 2022
Too many typos!

I almost lost interest reading till the end...

" corrutpb, sue, Vank, ..."

OP, try to be calming down nah! cool
Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 1:31pm On Mar 12, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Nice one if it's true.

This thing has plunged a lot of people into pitiable debt.

But I don't know how someone can loaned money and find it very hard to pay back on the agreed date. When the loan company start disgracing them, they start crying foul. Some of them will run to nairaland to seek for help. Very stupid and uselesssss people infact thieves. I don't blame loan companies at all for their actions.
now when Dem don raid your hideout, E dey pain you, you wan dey make 100% interest on poor people, they suppose dey shoot those loan shark people on sight sef

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Compare Nigeria's Naira To Other African currencie and Be Shocked At The Result. / Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria / Nigerian Millionaire Throwing Money In The Air (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.