Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,172 members, 7,811,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts (56523 Views)

FG Bars Online Banks From Accessing Customers’ Photos, Contacts / FG Approves 173 Loan Apps, Bars Illegal Online Banks / FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by Fanaka(f): 1:35pm On Mar 12, 2022
Nice one! Those loan apps still go ahead to embarrass you even after you pay before the due date, giving reasons like "we are unable to confirm your payment"

1 Like

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 1:35pm On Mar 12, 2022
NGArmyTerrorist:
They can either go to bank for loan now or go hungry because they're never a good neighbor! Those who thought that the loans they collected will be wiped out, rejoice not. All your data, everything in your phone are still with them, no escape!
go to thier houses and collect the money na if Dem no go burn you with tire and petrol, loan with 90% interest in a week is worse than rubbery.

6 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by DeepSight(m): 1:36pm On Mar 12, 2022
Chigozirimkpoma:
Punch can't even edit typos correctly. Which one be Central Vank of Nigeria?

Slight error, pardon them, I am sure they meant the Central Wannk of Nigeriastan.
Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 1:39pm On Mar 12, 2022
Mrkumareze:
Some nairalander debtors ll be happy wink
them collect your laptop? Lol, e dey pain you

1 Like

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by DeepSight(m): 1:39pm On Mar 12, 2022
olaboy33:

Whatever legal means they chose to recover their loans if you default, after accepting their conditions, you shouldn't complain of.

Legal means yes. Blackmail and invasion of privacy are not legal means.

9 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by puretayo(m): 1:44pm On Mar 12, 2022
I can't find sokoloan on the list. Why kwanu?

1 Like

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by BluntTheApostle(m): 1:51pm On Mar 12, 2022
puretayo:
I can't find sokoloan on the list. Why kwanu?

Sokoloan is there. But they now go by many names, including Go Cash and Fast Money.

Their office has been locked up as we speak.

Their workers had the audacity to stop the agencies involved in the sting operation from leaving, but the police fired into the air, and cleared them.

All their equipment have been seized, and their office locked up.

The FCCPC are in collaboration with NITDA, ICPC, and the Nigerian Police.

9 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by Plus10(m): 2:00pm On Mar 12, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

Sokoloan is there. But they now go by many names, including Go Cash and Fast Money.

Their office has been locked up as we speak.

Their workers had the audacity to stop the agencies involved in the sting operation from leaving, but the police fired into the air, and cleared them.

All their equipment have been seized, and their office locked up.

The FCCPC are in collaboration with NITDA, ICPC, and the Nigerian Police.
Bit their app is still very much active?

5 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by riverbird: 2:02pm On Mar 12, 2022
Burgerlomo:
Some debtors right now grin

Lol... grin,

3 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by BluntTheApostle(m): 2:02pm On Mar 12, 2022
mrvitalis:

Repossession .. Google can help you read aboy repo men and how they operate

Start your own loan company if u think u can do better

Repo men operate within the law. They are not even allowed to repossess cars locked away in a garage. They are not allowed to blackmail or use your data unlawfully.

Stop justifying the lawlessness of these loan sharks.

5 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by Corem(m): 2:03pm On Mar 12, 2022
Rubbish.. what's wrong with kuda?
Splitmind:
Very good.

They should go after Kudabank as well.
Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by crystalpapers(m): 2:04pm On Mar 12, 2022
And I dey owe okash. Ijoya ijoya grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by BluntTheApostle(m): 2:06pm On Mar 12, 2022
Plus10:

Bit their app is still very much active?

Google will soon take it down.

The FCCPC and the other agencies have said their next mission is to get Google involved.

Maybe you don't know it, but these apps have also broken many of Google policies, and Google will only be too happy to pull them off with the speed of lightning.

Same with Apple for the Apple store.

4 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by Plus10(m): 2:08pm On Mar 12, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

Google will soon take it down.

The FCCPC and the other agencies have said their next mission is to get Google involved.

Maybe you don't know it, but these apps have also broken many of Google policies, and Google will only be too happy to pull them off with the speed of lightning.

Same with Apple for the Apple store.
Ok good

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:09pm On Mar 12, 2022
Goalnaldo:
Sigh. The two companies I'm owing are not there. Lcredit and Ajeloan cry

So, you have the plan of not paying your loan back? Is that why you want them out of business? If they were out of business, how would you have borrowed? SMH.
Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by nelcliff(m): 2:11pm On Mar 12, 2022
This is the kind news I want to read. Our mumu don do

1 Like

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by lifenija: 2:14pm On Mar 12, 2022
Chigozirimkpoma:

Wise man.
u need dik in ur life
Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by sonofElElyon: 2:17pm On Mar 12, 2022
unitysheart:

https://punchng.com/fg-shuts-illegal-online-banks-freezes-business-accounts/

Such lenders are not banks
Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by Leonard17: 2:22pm On Mar 12, 2022
When people commit suicide due to pressure and defamation from these loans apps ... No be only job creation

williams77:
Regulate them instead of an outright ban, getting quick loans from conventional banks is not easy, they provide jobs and assist people financially though their excesses need to be curbed

3 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by alabo1: 2:25pm On Mar 12, 2022
DeepSight:

This is a simplistic response. Defaults on loans are a fact of life everywhere in the world. The response to such defaults needs to be proper, not criminal.

Thanks bro. I believe those that make these kind of comments must be loan agents. Let any who has never defaulted on a loan even with a friend or family member cast the first stone.

7 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by Opulencepee(f): 2:33pm On Mar 12, 2022
Good move! Soko and 9CREDIT should be included as well.

4 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by AuroraB(f): 2:37pm On Mar 12, 2022
helinues:
Better.

Na one night Dem go dissapear like MMM
MMM cheesy grin
Lmao �����

1 Like

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by Emmyjean: 2:37pm On Mar 12, 2022
These companies (Lcredit, fast money, easy money, okash, newcredi, etc real took advantage of the bad situation in Nigeria, to exploit the poor masses.
How can you lend someone #10k, to pay #17k in two weeks,
(I.e #10k to pay #24k in one month) to worsen matter, they even sent text messages to all your contacts, that you are a thief & dubious person.
FG should clamp more of these online vampires down.[b][/b]

3 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by ellizy(m): 2:37pm On Mar 12, 2022
Nonsense
You borrowed money form a company and paying back becomes a problem… Africa sha!
Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by Opulencepee(f): 2:38pm On Mar 12, 2022
Burgerlomo:
Some debtors right now grin
� lol

2 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by Leonard17: 2:39pm On Mar 12, 2022
Na lie you dey work for there , no dey disguise

You prefer your fellow citizens committing suicide cos of Chinese loan due to defamation and pressure?? Can they do these to their own citizens in their country?

Loan default is normal anywhere in the world , Will you see American loan company defaming their people cos of default ..

ednut1:
i dont work for a loan company. But I believe anyone who take money there without means or intention of paying should be jailed

6 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by lagosrd: 2:40pm On Mar 12, 2022

1 Like

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by imran90(m): 2:46pm On Mar 12, 2022
Nice move by the government, I’m 100% in support of this action by the government.

4 Likes

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by Leonard17: 2:47pm On Mar 12, 2022
I have their address , send me a mail Priscillia636@gmail.com

BluntTheApostle:

Those ones are armed robbers.

You apply for a loan of 10k to repay 20k.

They send only 6k to you, and still expect you to pay 20k at the end of the day.

I am compiling a list of them. Someone sent LCredit to me, and I did my findings.

I will first report them to Google, and then to NITDA and FCCPC.
Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:00pm On Mar 12, 2022
Leonard17:
I have their address , send me a mail Priscillia636@gmail.com

Please, send it to my email:

pastorjude682@gmail.com

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by AkaraAndBread: 3:13pm On Mar 12, 2022
1Alex:
Lol. People wey dey owe dem right now

Re: FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts by Donedeal1(m): 3:18pm On Mar 12, 2022
MrPADDY:
Sad development for the lenders and the borrowers. The federal government should have found a way to regulate the sector, instead of forcing them to close shops.
The federal government agency complained that some don't even have a particular operation base,so the best thing is to stop them by force and regulate those who want to play by the rules.
Laxity on our authorities have made the nation a free slaves market.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Compare Nigeria's Naira To Other African currencie and Be Shocked At The Result. / Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria / Nigerian Millionaire Throwing Money In The Air (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.