Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In (4487 Views)

This is the Will of GOD: "You should abstain from fornication" / Theists: Objective Morality, Why Is Something Good? / God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In by reigncalif1: 10:46am On Mar 15, 2022
Ok impressive

Can you now explain abiogenesis or whatever you call it lol

And before that you already tell me what I want to hear which lordleed already accepted and I was waiting for you to accept too

"Theory of evolution doesn't answer the question relating to origin of life"""". That is enough for me

Workch:
You don't know science, that is why you obviously find very hard to differentiate evolution from Abiogenesis/panspermia.
Theory of evolution doesn't answer the question relating to origin of life, it only answers the questions relating to origin and diversity of species.
The keywords are "life", "species" and "diversity".

The topic that answers the questions regarding the origin of life is Abiogenesis not evolution.

It's like you see a footwear in the market, you are certinsly sure that this footwear was produced and how it was produced (that's evolution) but you don't know how where it was produced (that's Abiogenesis).

If you write a biology exam and you state that evolution explak9thr origin of life, you will fail the exam. It shows that you do not understand the topic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In by Workch: 10:53am On Mar 15, 2022
reigncalif1:
Ok impressive

And before that you already tell me what I want to hear which lordleed already accepted and I was waiting for you to accept too

"Theory of evolution doesn't answer the question relating to origin of life"""". That is enough for me

We don't have concrete evidence for Abiogenesis yet but we have concrete evidence for evolution hence we didn't come from Adam and Eve or those nonsense stories because we are sure that humans evolved from primitive apes.
Until we find evidence for Abiogenesis, we can't say what we don't know.

Learn to understand a topic before jumping on it next time

1 Like

Re: To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In by reigncalif1: 11:34am On Mar 15, 2022
Lol the same analogy I gave recently

A man trying to explain how a house was built and he started after THE FOUNDATION... because he didn't know how the foundation was built

Now tell me
What business does this man have in explaining how the house was built in the first place?

Workch:
We don't have concrete evidence for Abiogenesis yet but we have concrete evidence for evolution hence we didn't come from Adam and Eve or those nonsense stories because we are sure that humans evolved from primitive apes.
Until we find evidence for Abiogenesis, we can't say what we don't know.

Learn to understand a topic before jumping on it next time

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In by Workch: 1:24pm On Mar 15, 2022
reigncalif1:
Lol the same analogy I gave recently

A man trying to explain how a house was built and he started after THE FOUNDATION... because he didn't know how the foundation was built

Now tell me
What business does this man have in explaining how the house was built in the first place?

well, you can see that a house is standing without knowing the kind of foundation that it was built on whether it's German floor or otherwise. You don't need to know how eiffel tower was founded before you agree that eiffel tower exist.

You can see a car and not know the blueprint it was built upon.

You can see a tree and not know how long the root is.

You do not need to know the room MTN started before you know that mtn went through stages before becoming a multinational firm.

You can see evolution and not know how the first life started.
Its not rocket science, it's just common sense which you are delibrately not seeing because you want to look for a gap to insert your God. You don't have to know how the first life started before knowing that the first life evolved.

It's like the law of conservation of energy, you don't have to know how the universe started before knowing that the total energy in the universe is constant. You can know that later

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In by reigncalif1: 2:39pm On Mar 15, 2022
"Insert my God " lol creation can't be prove either..... Lol

Anyway according to what you explain , you are tryna said that as far as the building is standing, I Don't need to know how the foundation started. If so then is it not what creation is also insinuating that you don't need to know where God come from .

"You don't need to know how eiffel tower was founded before you agree that eiffel tower exist"

You sounded like a creationist up there lol

Workch:
well, you can see that a house is standing without knowing the kind of foundation that it was built on whether it's German floor or otherwise. You don't need to know how eiffel tower was founded before you agree that eiffel tower exist.

You can see a car and not know the blueprint it was built upon.

You can see a tree and not know how long the root is.

You do not need to know the room MTN started before you know that mtn went through stages before becoming a multinational firm.

You can see evolution and not know how the first life started.
Its not rocket science, it's just common sense which you are delibrately not seeing because you want to look for a gap to insert your God. You don't have to know how the first life started before knowing that the first life evolved.

It's like the law of conservation of energy, you don't have to know how the universe started before knowing that the total energy in the universe is constant. You can know that later

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In by Workch: 3:10pm On Mar 15, 2022
reigncalif1:
"Insert my God " lol creation can't be prove either..... Lol

Anyway according to what you explain , you are tryna said that as far as the building is standing, I Don't need to know how the foundation started. If so then is it not what creation is also insinuating that you don't need to know where God come from .

"You dont need to know how eiffel tower was founded before you agree that eiffel tower exist"

You sounded like a creationist up there lol

I think you have a comprehension problem.

I didn't say that you don't have to know the foundation of the building, you only need to know that whether or not you know the foundation of the building, the building is fact, it exist.
Whether or not you know how the first orgnsims started, evolution is fact.

Whether or not you know how eiffel tower was founded, eiffel tower is fact.

It doesn't mean that you shouldn't know how it was founded, just don't insert your God If you don't know yet. You can simply take the sincere route of "I don't know yet", just like I am doing. Don't lie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In by reigncalif1: 6:40pm On Mar 15, 2022
Am not trying to insert anything..

Even me I don't know

But see the problem here

Evolution try to prove the formation of life which according to you there re already lots of evidence that shows that life can actually evolve but ........ Are we to take evolution serious since "WE DON'T KNOW " how it even started in the first place or it origin.

Did you get it now

Effel tower exist but how can I explain the making of it if I don't know how the foundation started

In this senerio we aren't talking about it's existence, we are talking about it making and formation.

Workch:
I think you have a comprehension problem.

I didn't say that you don't have to know the foundation of the building, you only need to know that whether or not you know the foundation of the building, the building is fact, it exist.
Whether or not you know how the first orgnsims started, evolution is fact.

Whether or not you know how eiffel tower was founded, eiffel tower is fact.

It doesn't mean that you shouldn't know how it was founded, just don't insert your God If you don't know yet. You can simply take the sincere route of "I don't know yet", just like I am doing. Don't lie

2 Likes

Re: To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In by LordReed(m): 7:00pm On Mar 15, 2022
reigncalif1:

Even me I don't know

But see the problem here

Evolution try to prove the formation of life which according to you there re already lots of evidence that shows that life can actually evolve but ........ Are we to take evolution serious since "WE DON'T KNOW " how it even started in the first place or it origin.

Did you get it now

Effel tower exist but how can I explain the making of it if I don't know how the foundation started

In this senerio we aren't talking about it's existence, we are talking about it making and formation.

Is that you don't understand English or you're just incapable of learning something new? Evolution doesn't prove the formation of life. Do you need us to say it to you in your local dialect?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In by Workch: 8:04pm On Mar 15, 2022
reigncalif1:

Even me I don't know

But see the problem here

Did you get it now

No, evolution doesn't discuss the formstion of life.

I will keep saying it until it sticks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In by Myer(m): 6:29am On Mar 16, 2022
LordReed:
I would like to cut to the chase, please no rigmarole, just present your BEST evidence for the god you believe in.

Do you believe there's a devil?
Re: To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In by LordReed(m): 7:00am On Mar 16, 2022
Myer:

Do you believe there's a devil?

No.
Re: To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:23am On Mar 16, 2022
LordReed:

No.
This is your thread Mr LordReed, do you notice how i presented my own God without taunting you?
I just want to use this opportunity to show you that i don't taunt people who don't try to play Intelligence with my faith. As long as you only ask simple questions we will have no problem! wink

1 Like

Re: To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In by LordReed(m): 7:31am On Mar 16, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

This is your thread Mr LordReed, do you notice how i presented my own God without taunting you?
I just want to use this opportunity to show you that i don't taunt people who don't try to play Intelligence with my faith. As long as you only ask simple questions we will have no problem! wink

Noted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In by ayoncox: 8:03am On Mar 16, 2022
hupernikao:

I am good here.

Do you understand theology or the supernatural? They are the basis of clear evidence to give. But if you don't, my explanation will be like one explaining the existence of skyscrapers to a man who hasn't seen more than a bungalow before. He will struggle to believe until he experiences it.

But to help in the simplest way,

The 2nd response on thread is the best answer you should think on.

By ayoncox

Your rebuttal to his post inst strong enough and full of assumptions.

You assumed

1. That anyone can literally look up and identify the Venus. But we know it's not so, even when you can literally see it, it doesn't mean you know what it is, you can as well assumed it's just another star, or stone flying in the air, it takes education of it to know its a planet.

Same, it takes spiritual education to know this is God, even when you literally experience his graciousness everyday, you can always assume it's not God, but coincidence and skills. But proper education will clear that.

2. You likewise assumed, we can go to the space now and see evidence of venus but you forgot to state that this happened overtime in humans existence. It is a process of time.

Men had denied the water body of the earth.
Men had denied the shape of the earth

But all these were healed in process of time.

That spiritual education to know God will get to you and all, it is just a process of time, which can likewise at worst, be resolved in eternity.

That's what ayoncox is expressing to you.

You are so gifted in comprehension of simple analogies sir. People go to market buy food stuff without questioning whether they are poisoned or not, they go ahead cook and eat. They go on journeys without asking for the drivers competence.
People have faith and trust in persons they do not know yet they say does God exists, no I can't have faith in him, yet they have faith in a postulator who said Humans originated from monkeys even when they never met to know the postulator for once.
Re: To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In by LordReed(m): 8:57am On Mar 16, 2022
ayoncox:

You are so gifted in comprehension of simple analogies sir. People go to market buy food stuff without questioning whether they are poisoned or not, they go ahead cook and eat. They go on journeys without asking for the drivers competence.
People have faith and trust in persons they do not know yet they say does God exists, no I can't have faith in him, yet they have faith in a postulator who said Humans originated from monkeys even when they never met to know the postulator for once.

You want to know why its easy for me to accept evolution because the principles it establishes are one of the reason modern medicine is effective against diseases. It's the reason why even a new disease like Covid-19 can have a vaccine created for it. So I don't need to have met Charles Darwin, the evidence of his work continues to speak for itself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In by Workch: 1:47pm On Mar 16, 2022
ayoncox:

people trust drivers and food sellers because data shows that the risk of patronizing them totally outweighs the benefit.

Data shows that the number of times a driver or food seller will cause harm to a customer is negligible compared to the success rate. We can even set up and experiment to test the reliability of a food sellers and drivers and the results will be consistent

There's no data to gratify your God, if you have a data we can analyze for the patronage of your God please present it else your comparison is a faulty equivalence fallacy

2 Likes

Re: To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In by KnownUnknown: 2:11pm On Mar 16, 2022
reigncalif1:
Ok impressive

Put your god aside for a minute and reflect on what understanding of evolution would mean in a progressive and scientifically minded society that Nigeria is definitely not.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/malaria-mosquitoes-evolving

The mosquito species most responsible for spreading malaria in Africa seems to be evolving into 2 separate species with different traits, researchers have found. The development may complicate efforts to control the disease.

Malaria is one of the most common infectious diseases in the tropical world and an enormous public health problem. It can bring fever, chills and flu-like illness. Left untreated, malaria can cause life-threatening complications. Each year, up to 3 million people die of the disease worldwide. The majority are young children in Sub-Saharan Africa.

Malaria is caused by a single-cell parasite called Plasmodium. Female mosquitoes can become infected after feeding on an infected human. They, in turn, can infect a new person when they feed again.

Anopheles gambiae is the mosquito that most commonly spreads human malaria in sub-Saharan Africa. New populations of the insect evolve to exploit changing habitats and seasonal conditions, but these populations can’t always be distinguished from each other by traditional means. Genetic studies have found that there are at least 2 physically indistinguishable forms of A. gambiae, dubbed M and S. The success of mosquito control efforts depends on understanding the characteristics of these different mosquito populations, such as their feeding behavior and susceptibility to insecticides.

Two teams of researchers set out to use genomics to better understand the characteristics of A. gambiae populations. A group led by researchers at Imperial College London studied the complete M and S genome sequences. Another group, led by scientists at the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, analyzed single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs)—single differences in DNA sequence—among different A. gambiae populations. The projects were partly supported by NIH's National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI).

The findings appeared in back-to-back papers in the October 22, 2010, issue of Science. When the researchers compared the genomes of the A. gambiae M and S forms, they found them to be more different than expected. The results suggest that the 2 forms may be developing into 2 separate species. The SNP analysis revealed that different populations can quickly evolve to behave differently and thrive in different habitats.

These studies lay a foundation for further investigating these emerging species. Future studies can now explore how genetic changes affect the ability of different mosquito populations to compete in various habitats. The results will be used to refine existing malaria interventions and inform the development of new disease prevention strategies.

"From our new studies, we can see that mosquitoes are evolving more quickly than we thought and that unfortunately, strategies that might work against one strain of mosquito might not be effective against another,” says one of the lead authors, Dr. Mara Lawniczak of Imperial College London. "It's important to identify and monitor these hidden genetic changes in mosquitoes if we are to succeed in bringing malaria under control by targeting mosquitoes."

—by Harrison Wein, Ph.D.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In by ayoncox: 9:17pm On Mar 16, 2022
Workch:
people trust drivers and food sellers because data shows that the risk of patronizing them totally outweighs the benefit.

Data shows that the number of times a driver or food seller will cause harm to a customer is negligible compared to the success rate. We can even set up and experiment to test the reliability of a food sellers and drivers and the results will be consistent

There's no data to gratify your God, if you have a data we can analyze for the patronage of your God please present it else your comparison is a faulty equivalence fallacy

Obviously, that of God will outweigh the so called drivers and sellers statistics, because we will be diving into full scale multi millennials weights of his mighty works.
But in the short term, I have seen him heal the sick, change Genotypes from SS to AS and AA, do miracles that atheistic and gnostic scientists could not comprehend.
HIV POSITIVE become NEGATIVES, healed various incurable diseases healed confirmed by medical personnels
Re: To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In by Myer(m): 9:19pm On Mar 16, 2022
LordReed:

No.

You don't believe in dark powers- native doctors, ritualists, witchcraft?

I need you to think about it before replying. Discussions should not be just to defend your position but I ask to know if you've ever experienced something beyond the ordinary, either good or bad.
Re: To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In by LordReed(m): 11:00pm On Mar 16, 2022
Myer:

You don't believe in dark powers- native doctors, ritualists, witchcraft?

I need you to think about it before replying. Discussions should not be just to defend your position but I ask to know if you've ever experienced something beyond the ordinary, either good or bad.

There is nothing here to defend. I don't believe there are people with supernatural powers. Anybody who practices witchcraft or is a ritualist has physical things they rely on, none of them can demonstrate any supernatural phenomenon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In by Judybash93(m): 3:29am On Mar 17, 2022
LordReed:

There is nothing here to defend. I don't believe there are people with supernatural powers. Anybody who practices witchcraft or is a ritualist has physical things they rely on, none of them can demonstrate any supernatural phenomenon.

#gbam

1 Like

Re: To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In by Workch: 11:55am On Mar 17, 2022
ayoncox:

Obviously, that of God will outweigh the so called drivers and sellers statistics, because we will be diving into full scale multi millennials weights of his mighty works.
But in the short term, I have seen him heal the sick, change Genotypes from SS to AS and AA, do miracles that atheistic and gnostic scientists could not comprehend.
HIV POSITIVE become NEGATIVES, healed various incurable diseases healed confirmed by medical personnels
Give us a way to test your claims.

It's as simple as that
Re: To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In by ayoncox: 5:29pm On Mar 17, 2022
Workch:
Give us a way to test your claims.

It's as simple as that
Check this out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5KAI9MNzFU
Lots of that but I would not have to share them, will tell you to go look for others that are sick and let's start from there. What medicine cannot do, God will do more than that because the creature can't be operating more than the creator of the universe
Re: To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In by IMAliyu(m): 7:11pm On Mar 17, 2022
reigncalif1:
So why do you think evolution is right since you don't know the origin of the universe?

I don't know too but all those theories didn't add up .
I think the question you are asking is.
How did life start? Or How did inorganic matter, turn to life?
This is the bridge between the BigBang and evolution I think.
The theory of evolution, just looks at how the diversity of life came about, and sorta ignores it's origin, wether it was created by a God or not.

A different theory exists that tries to explain the origin of life as self emerging, without a direct creator, it's called abiogenesis.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In by frank317: 8:15pm On Mar 17, 2022
ayoncox:

Check this out

Lots of that but I would not have to share them, will tell you to go look for others that are sick and let's start from there. What medicine cannot do, God will do more than that because the creature can't be operating more than the creator of the universe

do not mind them, they will never believe the multiple testimonies told in the church.

I told Lordreed and Workch that I drove from lagos to Maidugiri on an empty tank after my pastor prayed and blessed my car and they have the guts to doubt. My Cat was turned to a Dog after prayer from my pastor and that was how God saved me from wasting money to buy a new dog, Yet they doubt the all these obvious tested and trusted miracle work of God.. of course just a testimony in the church is a complete test.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In by Workch: 11:16pm On Mar 17, 2022
ayoncox:

Check this out

I have a feeling that Christians are totally ignorant as to what is to be called evidence.

You lot are so ignorant as to how stuffs work. How can a personal testimony be evidence?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In by Workch: 11:34pm On Mar 17, 2022
frank317:

do not mind them, they will never believe the multiple testimonies told in the church.

I told Lordreed and Workch that I drove from lagos to Maidugiri on an empty tank after my pastor prayed and blessed my car and they have the guts to doubt. My Cat was turned to a Dog after prayer from my pastor and that was how God saved me from wasting money to buy a new dog, Yet they doubt the all these obvious tested and trusted miracle work of God.. of course just a testimony in the church is a complete test.
Are we suppose to come to your various churches and educate you ignoramuses on how to gather evidence?

1 Like

Re: To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In by LordReed(m): 11:43pm On Mar 17, 2022
Workch:
Are suppose to come to your various churches and educate you ignoramuses on how to gather evidence?

He was being sarcastic. LoLz.
Re: To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In by Workch: 12:07am On Mar 18, 2022
frank317:

lol
Re: To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In by Workch: 12:07am On Mar 18, 2022
LordReed:

He was being sarcastic. LoLz.
I get it
Re: To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In by budaatum: 3:24am On Mar 18, 2022
reigncalif1:

Even me I don't know

But see the problem here

Evolution try to prove the formation of life .......
And you were doing ever so well.

How many times must they repeat that evolution did not create life? angry angry
Re: To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In by budaatum: 3:31am On Mar 18, 2022
Workch:
Are we suppose to come to your various churches and educate you ignoramuses on how to gather evidence?

I am afraid you must, Work. Perhaps not their "various churches" but at least on here please. Unless you like being surrounded by ignoramuses.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ultimate Truth & Proof On Islam / Was Jesus Ever Sick? (Oyedepo's Blunder) / We Are Living In A Simulation - New Evidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.