Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,662 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. (84131 Views)

Nigerian Lady Shares Photo Of The 'Akara' Her Friend Made / See The Fish That I Bought For N800. (pic) / The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by NaijaNaWaa: 4:53pm On Mar 12, 2022
This one is too cheap sef. A ball of akara is N400 at Biobak Kitchen Abuja.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Nukilia: 4:53pm On Mar 12, 2022
Zonefree:
Buhari will handle insecurity
Osinbajo will handle economy

Mad people!

May your days be long!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by generalwo(m): 4:54pm On Mar 12, 2022
U want them to sell 100 balls for u for N250? U know things are expensive and u are complaining about the amount u bought for N250?? Have you considered the amount these people pay for wood beans or the oil or the onion or the pepper or the cost to grind the beans?? U want them to consider u, u don't want to consider them.... Oga if e no let you buy, Waka pass...... No buy am finish, come nairaland dey complain
Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Globalistic(f): 4:54pm On Mar 12, 2022
Hahaha!

What then would you say if transferred to Rivers State?

At least the five-star akara were neatly wrapped into an old newspaper. If it were to be in PH, na you go beg for wrapping sheet.

1 Like

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Tomek09(m): 4:54pm On Mar 12, 2022
Zonefree:

Mad people!
Àwón tí yà wéréy òmó ale jàtí jàtí dem. Thank God is just one year for Buhari to get out.
Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by blowjohn(m): 4:54pm On Mar 12, 2022
Diesel is now 620 naira per litre.
Let akara be.
Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Otuegbe: 4:54pm On Mar 12, 2022
Buhari is dealing with us well.
Will Zarah and her sisters be proud of their father when he finally leave the office.
Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by FryMosquito: 4:54pm On Mar 12, 2022
Zonefree:

Mad people!
Everywhere!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by VEHINTOLAR: 4:56pm On Mar 12, 2022
englishmart:
I moved to Lagos from Abuja recently, and have been struggling to adapt for several reasons.

1. Food costs a bit more in Lagos than in Abuja.

2. A-20 minute distance by foot costs at least #150-200 here, unlike in Abuja where it's at mostly #100.

3. Water(drinkable water) in Abuja was almost free, and very salubrious. Here at the island, you buy sachet water (pure water) which is the only affordable water that boasts of some minimal degree of purity.

I was shocked when I ordered for Akara of 250 and got those nearly invisible 5-balls. I nearly refused it, if not for the beautiful girl that was leering at me.
To be a man, no be bobo juice.

Bra,that akara isn't bad for N 250 on the basis of economic reality on ground and according to Buharicnomics. It is even cheaper to buy it than attempting to prepare it at home ! You'll realise this if you calculate all the ingredients you'll need and what it will cost you to make even that five balls of akara !

Naija don cast bro !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by blowjohn(m): 4:56pm On Mar 12, 2022
We will build refiner.
We will repair the existing ones
We will will
We will

Am just happy that all those agberos in benin will suffer in this economy too.

5k per vote don finish since.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Tomek09(m): 4:56pm On Mar 12, 2022
blowjohn:
Let akara be.
Na diesel dem dey use abi na firewood be diesel for ur eyes grin grin
Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Tomek09(m): 4:57pm On Mar 12, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

Bra,that akara isn't bad for N 250 on the basis of economic reality on ground and according to Buharicnomics. It is even cheaper to buy it than attempting to prepare it at home ! You'll realise this if you calculate all the ingredients you'll need and what it will cost you to make even that five balls of akara !

Naija don't cast bro !
Sad.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Mariangeles(f): 4:57pm On Mar 12, 2022
NaijaNaWaa:

Shey I will not go into akara business bayi? cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Tomek09(m): 4:58pm On Mar 12, 2022
Otuegbe:
Buhari is dealing with us well.
Will Zarah and her sisters be proud of their father when he finally leave the office.
Wetin concern dem. They never follow dey suffer for this economy because they're living in surplus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by blowjohn(m): 4:58pm On Mar 12, 2022
Tomek09:

Na diesel dem dey use abi na firewood be diesel for ur eyes grin grin

Diesel get children viz: petrol, kerosene and e cousin firewood and charcoal.
All don dey expensive

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Tomek09(m): 4:58pm On Mar 12, 2022
Mariangeles:

Shey I will not go into akara business bayi? cheesy
I go support you with one bag of Hausa jumbo beans grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by shortIGBOman: 4:59pm On Mar 12, 2022
This is about 1k Akara in the East. People are suffering here. The cost of leaving is very high. Most People can't even feed themselves.

That's why the rate of crime is high here in the East.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Tomek09(m): 4:59pm On Mar 12, 2022
blowjohn:

Diesel get children viz: petrol, kerosene and e cousin firewood and charcoal.
All don dey expensive
Yap.

Lalasticlala, hope say you dey see this kind level of suffering shocked shocked

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by blowjohn(m): 5:00pm On Mar 12, 2022
NaijaNaWaa:

Oga how can u mention Biobak kitchen?
Biobak kitchen that a bottle of carrot juice is 4 thousand naira?
Biobak kitchen no be OP mate o.
A typical plate of food there is around 8k right now.

Even 1 akara is being sold for 300 naira at GoPro restaurant in Wuse

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Mariangeles(f): 5:01pm On Mar 12, 2022
Tomek09:

I go support you with one bag of Hausa jumbo beans grin grin

It’ll be much appreciated. Thank you in advance sir. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by KingsArome(m): 5:01pm On Mar 12, 2022
9182736455O1999:

You say wetin
1cup=N120
2cups=N240.

Shey na the remaining 10 naira ego carry go grind the beans, buy groundnut oil, pepper, onion and the rest.

No matter what, he won't get 5 pieces if he makes it.

1 Like

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by another1: 5:02pm On Mar 12, 2022
To me is very ok oo
Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Tomek09(m): 5:03pm On Mar 12, 2022
[s]
shortIGBOman:
This is about 1k Akara in the East. People are suffering here. The cost of leaving is very high. Most People can't even feed themselves.

That's why the rate of crime is high here in the East.
[/s]
Liar.

Before making some assertion, know that there are people currently in SouthEast.

This Akara is going for #200 in Onitsha, Awka and Enugu.

Food is relatively cheap in SouthEast except frozen fish and meat which is same everywhere in Nigeria.

The only issue confronting SE residents is high cost of accommodation and lack of business friendly atmosphere due to excessive tax and levies.

I bursted ur lies to clear wrong assumption because I know you are not in the East as we speak.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Tomek09(m): 5:04pm On Mar 12, 2022
KingsArome:

No matter what, he won't get 5 pieces if he makes it.
Well said.
Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Akhee: 5:04pm On Mar 12, 2022
englishmart:
I moved to Lagos from Abuja recently, and have been struggling to adapt for several reasons.

2. A-20 minute distance by foot costs at least #150-200 here, unlike in Abuja where it's at mostly #100.

3. Water(drinkable water) in Abuja was almost free, and very salubrious. Here at the island, you buy sachet water (pure water) which is the only affordable water that boasts of some minimal degree of purity.

I was shocked when I ordered for Akara of 250 and got those nearly invisible 5-balls. I nearly refused it, if not for the beautiful girl that was leering at me.
This is 40naira akara for Minna. No place like home.
Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by micflo28(m): 5:06pm On Mar 12, 2022
9182736455O1999:

You say wetin
1cup=N120
2cups=N240.

Shey na the remaining 10 naira e go carry go grind the beans, buy groundnut oil, pepper, onion and the rest.
yes he will spend more but he will definitely eat more Akara than just mere 5 pieces. He will eat and still have the grounded pudding to save in the fridge for a later time.

1 Like

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Tomek09(m): 5:06pm On Mar 12, 2022
blowjohn:

Oga how can u mention Biobak kitchen?
Biobak kitchen that a bottle of carrot juice is 4 thousand naira?
Biobak kitchen no be OP mate o.
A typical plate of food there is around 8k right now.

Even 1 akara is being sold for 300 naira at GoPro restaurant in Wuse
In some places in Abuja, a plate of food with bottle water goes as high as 10K. The way people live expensively in Abuja is what I can't decipher. If you no get ride, ur money go finish for Bolt grin grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Tomek09(m): 5:08pm On Mar 12, 2022
[s]
Akhee:
This is 40naira akara for Minna. No place like home.
[/s]
Same Minna I have been to or another one?? Minna is one of the borest city to reside or do business in Nigeria.
Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Alexpetra: 5:08pm On Mar 12, 2022
englishmart:

we're getting there... hahahahah �
Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by Allisgud: 5:09pm On Mar 12, 2022
U see island dey sabi cheat people ehn,whya will dey be removing island money from item u buoght,if u talk dey will say u know no say na island u dey those one are the real continuous of the problems
Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by flokii: 5:09pm On Mar 12, 2022
@OP That's ridiculous.. so each ball sells for #50? when one cup of beans is around #120.
Things are cheaper in Abuja if you buy foodstuffs in the market and cook yourself.. #1500-2000 will get you a decent meal when you decide to eat out around town e.g. Wuse II, Gimbya, Port Harcourt crescent and the likes.
Re: Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. by onuman: 5:10pm On Mar 12, 2022
billgabb:
I have been buying it since 2019. A piece of Akara is #50 even in Ajegunle. In Minna, they still sell a piece of Akara for #10 but I can squeeze 10 pieces in my mouth at once. For me, the quality is what matters and not the quantity.

In your own mindset, cost of materials - beans, oil, firewood or gas or [color=#990000][/color]kerosene, etc - for making Akara, did not rise since 2019?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

See What Was Killed In My Compound Yesterday Evening! / Another Nigerian Lady Starts 200-Hour Snail-A-Thon In Style (Pix, Video) / See The Fish That I Bought For N800. (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.