Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,615 members, 7,820,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Russia May Take Sanctionary Measures Against Nigeria - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Russia May Take Sanctionary Measures Against Nigeria (82186 Views)

Northern Elders Forum Kicks Against Nigeria’s Division / Iran Condemns Violence, Use Of Force Against Nigeria Protesters / Plateau Killings: External, Internal Forces Against Nigeria - COAS, Buratai Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia May Take Sanctionary Measures Against Nigeria by FreeIgboho: 5:35am On Mar 13, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:

You want to bring insult into it? Okay let’s go. You’re obviously a moro.n who blindly follows whatever your overlords at CNN and other western media tells you without doing research. Your strongest evidence to your claim is a Wikipedia page that can be edited by anybody? If you’re not even educated enough to know that the US dollar is basically a fiat currency not backed by any commodity since Nixon took it off the gold standard in 1971 and the only thing that has held it up since then is the fact that it is the worlds reserve trading currency then you are too dumb for me to waste any time arguing with you.

My friend the day a significant number of countries decide to form their own trading currency based on an actual commodity like gold and dump the dollar, the US is finished and that’s why they will fight and kill anyone who tries it like Ghadaffi was planning to do in Africa.

In fact let me shock you. Russia is making moves to do exactly that now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/601786bd-6d11-47ca-8c8b-02072c15d955

I know you didn’t hear this because you are busy watching CNN aka US government state media where they never say the truth of what’s really going on.

Telling me the west wanted him out because of terrorism looool. You don’t know the same man was once a strong ally of the west while he was wrecking havoc against Africa and even after the Lockerbie bombings which were liked to him? Why didn’t they take him out then? Why only when he started talking about a United African currency backed by gold?

Also why is the US still doing business with and working with other major sponsors of terrorism like Iran and Saudi Arabia? Why hasn’t they invaded those ones too if it is all about terrorism? You are more naive than a 5 year old. The US NEVER gets involved in a war that does not serve their economic interest one way or the other. Pls go offline and stop arguing. You are exposing your ignorance to the world.

Hard to believe someone can be this unthinking. “like Ghadaffi was planning to do in Africa.” If it were so easy tell us why China and Russia who are direct opponents and competitors of US haven't done it all this time?
Instead it is inconsequential Ghadafi. “Planning to do”! We await you’re answer sir.
Also tell us what UN and other countries have to gain by going to war to protect dollar.
Think sometimes, don’t just read conspiracy crap
Re: Russia May Take Sanctionary Measures Against Nigeria by everythinggirly(f): 6:00am On Mar 13, 2022
Inflation rate loading...........
Re: Russia May Take Sanctionary Measures Against Nigeria by Ayodinifyz(m): 6:19am On Mar 13, 2022
Just been neutral might have been the best option but we might still faced sanction directly or indirectly from the western nation
Re: Russia May Take Sanctionary Measures Against Nigeria by tunde1200(m): 6:29am On Mar 13, 2022
Lol ��� you eh

Sabadon:
Analogy......
Russia: Burna boy
USA:wizkid
UK: Davido
Nigeria: portable
grin grin grin

Wetin concern cockroach for fowl gathering

1 Like

Re: Russia May Take Sanctionary Measures Against Nigeria by freemanq(m): 6:36am On Mar 13, 2022
Russia president should go to hell
Re: Russia May Take Sanctionary Measures Against Nigeria by Originalsly: 6:46am On Mar 13, 2022
Hmmmm...... former DG..... hosting a seminar on Russia Ukraine war. What really is there to talk about? The rubbish that came out of his mouth makes me wonder how on earth he got that position. Russia may take a sanctionary measure against Nigeria. a sanctionary measure? ... like someone said earlier.... even the Queen would be confused. Then to suggest Nigeria should have nuclear weapons..... oil refinery we can't manage... electricity we can't provide ... potable water in every home is off the table .... but we must seek nukes. Some people really need to be locked away or stoned to death for running this country to the gutter

1 Like

Re: Russia May Take Sanctionary Measures Against Nigeria by AroleOduduwa2: 6:49am On Mar 13, 2022
ivolt:

You are so dull.
You don't know that customers hold the power in the commodity market.

There is a reason Russia have not stopped selling oil to its "enemies".
Go and find out as an assignment for you.

In a competitive market, in a monopoly environment the supplier holds the power. In this situation the consumers have little to no say, there are high demands for their products.
Re: Russia May Take Sanctionary Measures Against Nigeria by drololaaof: 6:51am On Mar 13, 2022
Do not terrify us inspite of Buhari undoing in Nigeria we can still voice against unnecessary aggression, show of force to conquer a sovereign land , if Putin's wing is not clipped now China will do same to Taiwan and some Asia Pacific nations. If Russia is your thin god, it is not ours . Some people are carrying the news that Putin said he will nuke Nigeria that is attack us with nuclear weapon I don't see how and why .
Re: Russia May Take Sanctionary Measures Against Nigeria by correctyourself(m): 7:10am On Mar 13, 2022
Ogbuide17:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/03/russia-ukraine-crisis-russia-may-take-sanctionary-measures-against-nigeria/

Mister Professor, please don't drag Nigeria in to this matter, at it is today Nigeria my country has not done anything wrong.

1 Like

Re: Russia May Take Sanctionary Measures Against Nigeria by itu404(m): 7:31am On Mar 13, 2022
[quote author=shogsman post=110981182]Everytime I see modern slaves here on nairaland worshipping the USA,I always remember what one of my white friend tells me about most Nigerians THEY ARE SLAVES by default,you don't have to chain them to make them inferior.
To be fair there are still an extremely Small faction of people that are not slaves by default among the youths especially on real platforms like Twitter but nairaland houses the worst of the worst
Having lived in USA I can categorically confirm even Americans acknowledge Thier country's shortcomings and do not dare praise USA when it comes to international relations and mostly definitely do not worship them like you Nigerians do.even black Americans protest Thier government involvement in virtually everything they get into.
Trump called you people a shithole and he was 100% right about that.
The same USA has over 400biological weapon land in over 40 countries.
They are currently bombing Somalia here in Africa
The same USA with the highest case of racism in the world
They killed gadaffi and turned Libya a country that has once had one of the highest standard of living in the middle east to rubbles.
The same USA invaded and killed and estimated 2milliom people in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria,serbia,Sudan.
The same USA destabilized Liberia their own former colony and it is now one of the poorest nation on earth now
The same USA Which controls Thier big techs that in turn controls your daily lives here and what you get to see and not see on social media
The same USA has started a war with over 90 countries and started wars that all of the world combined.
The same USA who supplied isreal with weapons to kill children in Palestine .
China has 20 times more investment in Africa than USA and has never invaded or kept any Africans as slaves, but foolish Nigerians will still stupidly say china is bad.
The only thing worth emulating in USA are some of the nice civilians living there,the rest is as filthy as it gets.
There is a reason why USA is the most hated country in the world.

This is an original format of how you people brainwash and indoctrinate the naïve against the west.[carefully select all that demonized them, write an alternative view, confuse your listeners...we know these things grin grin Yet, you air your view like the westerner can you write this against china or Russia The authorities will come for you. stop this indoctrination you can not defeat America live with that

1 Like

Re: Russia May Take Sanctionary Measures Against Nigeria by Techguy96(m): 7:53am On Mar 13, 2022
shogsman:
Everytime I see modern slaves here on nairaland worshipping the USA,I always remember what one of my white friend tells me about most Nigerians THEY ARE SLAVES by default,you don't have to chain them to make them inferior.
To be fair there are still an extremely Small faction of people that are not slaves by default among the youths especially on real platforms like Twitter but nairaland houses the worst of the worst
Having lived in USA I can categorically confirm even Americans acknowledge Thier country's shortcomings and do not dare praise USA when it comes to international relations and mostly definitely do not worship them like you Nigerians do.even black Americans protest Thier government involvement in virtually everything they get into.
Trump called you people a shithole and he was 100% right about that.
The same USA has over 400biological weapon land in over 40 countries.
They are currently bombing Somalia here in Africa
The same USA with the highest case of racism in the world
They killed gadaffi and turned Libya a country that has once had one of the highest standard of living in the middle east to rubbles.
The same USA invaded and killed and estimated 2milliom people in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria,serbia,Sudan.
The same USA destabilized Liberia their own former colony and it is now one of the poorest nation on earth now
The same USA Which controls Thier big techs that in turn controls your daily lives here and what you get to see and not see on social media
The same USA has started a war with over 90 countries and started wars that all of the world combined.
The same USA who supplied isreal with weapons to kill children in Palestine .
China has 20 times more investment in Africa than USA and has never invaded or kept any Africans as slaves, but foolish Nigerians will still stupidly say china is bad.
The only thing worth emulating in USA are some of the nice civilians living there,the rest is as filthy as it gets.
There is a reason why USA is the most hated country in the world.

This picture is What explains you people
Ogbeni shut up, if u want to know what real slavery is work in a Chinese owned company right here in Nigeria.

Besides what does ur write up have to do with Russia invading Ukraine.

I know you were paid for this sha, no be today we understand Russia propaganda.
Re: Russia May Take Sanctionary Measures Against Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 7:57am On Mar 13, 2022
The same Nigeria VOTED for NATO to INTERVERCEN in Libya, now we are crying of weapons coming into Nigeria from there.
Re: Russia May Take Sanctionary Measures Against Nigeria by Gval123: 7:58am On Mar 13, 2022
When them nor take action against the country, nothing first good. Lolz. If them Like, make them come fight us, na them sabi.
Re: Russia May Take Sanctionary Measures Against Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 7:59am On Mar 13, 2022
Karemarealty288:
Russia is a dying country and will soon become inconsequential...by the time American and the west finish dealing with them they will know say power pass power. They will soon hang Putin’s head on a spike. American is using this opportunity to tell China and North Korea who is the Boss.

Yet they have LIGHT and even FUNCTIONAL ROAD and Hospitals.

The joke is on you
Re: Russia May Take Sanctionary Measures Against Nigeria by MartinsD12(m): 8:03am On Mar 13, 2022
Ogbuide17:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/03/russia-ukraine-crisis-russia-may-take-sanctionary-measures-against-nigeria/
grin very goood Russia should send some of their knock out to Nigeria, I don't care about happens to it as long as am a biafrian

1 Like

Re: Russia May Take Sanctionary Measures Against Nigeria by Safyqueen: 8:07am On Mar 13, 2022
helinues:
And this one na professor?

African countries generally have been so careful in interfering with Russia-Ukraine Crisis.

Did Nigeria sanction Russia?

This Yoruba over-sabi professors will create wahala for the entire country Nigeria. They had made baba Buhari failed woefully. They took America, IMF and world bank as their Messiah and source of civilization while neo-colonialism doesn't exist in their imagination.

They will not allow other coastal states to have functional seaports so that Lagos remain Lagos. They made sure Ajaokuta steel company dies, Fashola recently contributed to make sure Mambilla power project remain a dream to thwart electric power prospect of the north.

Now they want presidency through a pampers-wearing sugar daddy more fragile than the present vegetable. Haba no be juju be that.

They claim they know book more than every other region but still defecates inside basin hidden under bed till day break.

I beg Igboho should be released immediately and let this people go to their Oduduwa republic.
Re: Russia May Take Sanctionary Measures Against Nigeria by blowjohn(m): 8:15am On Mar 13, 2022
This prof is yarning dust!
Is he saying that it is every country that should have nuclear weapons?
Does he not know that some countries can be careless with them?
Of all the countries that america has invaded, which one did they threaten with nuclear weapons?
But russia did.
The other day it was india that mistakenly shot a missile into another country.
During trump's time, iran accidently shot at a plane
Re: Russia May Take Sanctionary Measures Against Nigeria by tonyson010(m): 8:21am On Mar 13, 2022
helinues:
And this one na professor?

African countries generally have been so careful in interfering with Russia-Ukraine Crisis.

Did Nigeria sanction Russia?

am shocked with his reasoning.
Re: Russia May Take Sanctionary Measures Against Nigeria by imagrg(m): 8:42am On Mar 13, 2022
To hell with Russia. We can do better. We have enough witches who can use sophisticated witchcraft to gun down their yeye missiles ke.
Re: Russia May Take Sanctionary Measures Against Nigeria by NelviusGrey(m): 8:50am On Mar 13, 2022
Lol...Russia has bigger fishes to fry...Nigeria is no more than a pebble to Russia tongue
Re: Russia May Take Sanctionary Measures Against Nigeria by FreeIgboho: 8:54am On Mar 13, 2022
[quote author=itu404 post=110989087][/quote]

Your preoccupation with “slave” proves that’s what your nature tends to in your mind. Nigerians don’t think “slave”. The word has nothing to do with them
Re: Russia May Take Sanctionary Measures Against Nigeria by Donmobi(m): 9:20am On Mar 13, 2022
When did that guy turn Russian?
Re: Russia May Take Sanctionary Measures Against Nigeria by maxwell9876: 9:50am On Mar 13, 2022
Nigeria should not beat the drum of war...
Re: Russia May Take Sanctionary Measures Against Nigeria by Codes151(m): 9:57am On Mar 13, 2022
Tingotoe:
This man is talking out of place. As a former DG of an international affairs research institute he should know better than anyone else that Nigeria is a signatory to the nuclear non proliferation treaty and so cannot seek nuclear weapons. Besides with our poor maintenance culture in this country a nuclear radioactive fallout will be a catastrophic disaster
more reason they shouldn't be quick to Talk.
SA made it clear what leadership is about.

1 Like

Re: Russia May Take Sanctionary Measures Against Nigeria by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 13, 2022
FreeIgboho:

Hard to believe someone can be this unthinking. “like Ghadaffi was planning to do in Africa.” If it were so easy tell us why China and Russia who are direct opponents and competitors of US haven't done it all this time?
Instead it is inconsequential Ghadafi. “Planning to do”! We await you’re answer sir.
Also tell us what UN and other countries have to gain by going to war to protect dollar.
Think sometimes, don’t just read conspiracy crap

Who is talking about UN? You’re arguments are not even following. I am telling you the reason the US and France invaded Libya you are telling me UN. Ghaddafi was president of the African Union at the time and many other countries including Nigeria had signed up to or indicated interest in the idea of the gold currency. It was only a matter of.....you know what I’m tired of arguing with you on informations that’s publicly available.

Read if you want to learn otherwise chose to believe whatever you want. This is a pointless back and forth argument that will have no end.

https://millenium-state.com/blog/2019/05/03/the-dinar-gold-the-real-reason-for-gaddafis-murder/

The fact you believe the US actually has good intentions not economic intentions for the wars they engage in is beyond hilarious to me I swear. You must be one of the last few people on earth who believe this. Do you know how expensive wars are? You think they would waste all those billions (even trillions) if it wasn’t serving their economic interests somehow? Lol. Do you bro.
Re: Russia May Take Sanctionary Measures Against Nigeria by Youngzedd(m): 11:34am On Mar 13, 2022
FreeIgboho:

Nonsense.
US can extremely do without Russia.
US has much more oil than Russia. See below. They can easily permanently be exporting oil - which they were doing under trump. They pay farmers not to produce food - they have excess!

You mentioned wheat. See below

You simply don't know what's going on.

Russia oil is cheap and are more in demand than that of US, US produce lots of oil, but is it cheap?

If US decide to stick to only their oil, the price will be so much for consumers.

"PolitiFact consulted experts who said we could indeed replace Russian imports with American oil. But, they warned, it might take time and cost more." Read more >> https://www.statesman.com/story/news/politics/politifact/2022/03/10/politifact-us-can-replace-banned-russian-imports-domestic-oil/9444772002/

Russia is the world's largest exporter of wheat. Make your finding...

Exclusive: U.S. utilities push White House not to sanction Russian uranium >> https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/exclusive-us-utilities-push-white-house-not-sanction-russian-uranium-2022-03-02/

Should we talk about fertiliser?

"But the fertiliser is produced from gas and a hell of a lot of that is coming out of Russia, so I struggle to believe the fertiliser market will return to normal next year." Read more >> https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/business/russia-ukraine-war-sends-fertiliser-prices-soaring-8748956

Putin is holding everyone by the b@lls, why US is busy sanctioning up and down. American and European businesses that left Russia �� are indirectly telling Russians to take over the business. Fortunately, Russians will get to buy cheap assets and go the Chinese way which will hurt the revenue of this companies.

Putin is a smart man, fortunately the overrated Buhari (Biden) in the white house is falling for his trap.

China, India and Russia are working on something huuuuuuge.

Besides China, Putin Has Another Potential De-dollarization Partner in Asia >> https://www.cfr.org/blog/besides-china-putin-has-another-potential-de-dollarization-partner-asia
Re: Russia May Take Sanctionary Measures Against Nigeria by syntekelite(m): 11:46am On Mar 13, 2022
Ogbuide17:

Am sure he means acquire nuclear weapons for bandits use.. common anti radar missiles army barracks no get..common border patrol with automated drone surveillance dem no get..its nuclear they wan come get...
Re: Russia May Take Sanctionary Measures Against Nigeria by Tribalism123(m): 12:10pm On Mar 13, 2022
Russia no fit cough for Nigeria. We have Boko Haram, ISIS, fulani herdsmen, Kidnappers, armed robbers and religious scammers, ritualists and Yahoo boys who can do the hacking. We are armed already. They cant try shit

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Returns To Nigeria (photos) / Police Parade Lady K And 11 Others Arrested At Sunday Igboho's House / Oshiomhole & Wife, Iara At Hosa Okunbo's Service Of Songs In The UK (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.