Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV (58064 Views)

Propaganda Filters The Truth About Ukraine On Russian Media / Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report / In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV by guychidile: 7:57pm On Mar 12, 2022
Let dis war end soonest
Re: Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV by AldrichAmes: 8:06pm On Mar 12, 2022
OkCornel:

Which brings us back to my point. Dialogue and diplomacy is the best way out of this nonsense… this war is now a global problem, as cost of energy, foodstuff and industrial products will increase sharply.

Ukrainians are directly affected by the war. Neighbouring countries are dealing with influx of refugees. You and I and everyone else will feel the ripple effects by paying more for wheat based products (bread, noodles etc) and grains…

This war favours nobody except the weapon dealers and commodity speculators.

See how over 500m euros worth of weapons was speedily approved by the US/NATO to Ukraine.

It’s a huge racket

Putin has been trying to negotiate with them for 8yrs despite the genocide they were committing against ethnic Russians in the east and south but the west kept disrespecting him whilst preparing for war. I remember John McCain calling Russia a giant gas station with nuclear weapons and Obama calling Russia a regional power. You don’t do that with the country that won WW2.

What most people aren’t seeing here is the plan by US elites to subjugate Russia under US sphere of influence whilst taking over its resources. And the first step to doing that is taking Ukraine and Belarus. From there, they’d be able to influence things politically and economically in Russia.

In essence, their end game is to emasculate Russia like they have done with the rest of Europe. And that’s what Russia is fighting back against.

A country that singlehandedly defeated Napoleon and Hitler is the wrong one to mess with. So it’s bigger than just Ukrainians - it’s geopolitics and control of the world order hence it’s a necessity. Ukraine is just the pawn on the chessboard.

2 Likes

Re: Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV by techWriter3: 8:16pm On Mar 12, 2022
Where not Putin e-rodents on Nairaland, Bring and know another Western press publicity
Re: Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV by Bifwoli: 8:18pm On Mar 12, 2022
Mumusaphire:
Na Russians go eliminate Putin last last.
You mean he's gonna be assassinated ?
Re: Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV by vicool: 8:25pm On Mar 12, 2022
ken6488:
western propaganda after all the sanctions Iran have constant light than us in Nigeria, North Korea still developed nukes

Not on this sanctions, they are hitting Russia economy real hard.
That Is the reality bro.

1 Like

Re: Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV by cayorday89(m): 8:26pm On Mar 12, 2022
Klass99:

Okay thanks, now I understand.

But Russia is not the only country with nukes na? If they start to use nuclear weapons the other countries go join their own use am against them or am I yarning Bauchi dust?
It doesn't work that way ma'am,and if it eventually turns out the way you put it, then the world will be in a full blown war and in this case there will be no winner but a whole lot of casualties as it will be a battle ground for all to test their might, even Covid still has the after effect now imagine war in this modern times.
Re: Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV by gistmega: 8:34pm On Mar 12, 2022
Me too. I have no single love for those reptiles. Do you keep any animals for real. Growing up with had many breeds of dog (15 dogs in total at a point). My dad loved them and it was my responsibility to care for them. A friend of the family kept 2 monkeys and we go to see them jumping around with a leash on their waist. We had a few cats too. I love them more now that I no longer care for them but back then, I liked them only.
Hanks0000:

I love animals too..
They are lovely.. Except reptiles. Not a very big fan.

1 Like

Re: Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV by OkCornel(m): 8:40pm On Mar 12, 2022
AldrichAmes:

Putin has been trying to negotiate with them for 8yrs despite the genocide they were committing against ethnic Russians in the east and south but the west kept disrespecting him whilst preparing for war. I remember John McCain calling Russia a giant gas station with nuclear weapons and Obama calling Russia a regional power. You don’t do that with the country that won WW2.

What most people aren’t seeing here is the plan by US elites to subjugate Russia under US sphere of influence whilst taking over its resources. And the first step to doing that is taking Ukraine and Belarus. From there, they’d be able to influence things politically and economically in Russia.

In essence, their end game is to emasculate Russia like they have done with the rest of Europe. And that’s what Russia is fighting back against.

A country that singlehandedly defeated Napoleon and Hitler is the wrong one to mess with. So it’s bigger than just Ukrainians - it’s geopolitics and control of the world order hence it’s a necessity. Ukraine is just the pawn on the chessboard.

I see it clearly. Even the social media giants are disposed to the west. Can’t help but wonder why RT and Sputnik (major Russian media outlets) were hastily delisted from YouTube and other platforms. Sets the tone for the West to control the narrative. Would have been helpful to hear from both sides (East and West media).

In terms of employment, there’s a revolving door between the White House and the Tech giants…not a coincidence

2 Likes

Re: Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV by JooEeL(m): 8:44pm On Mar 12, 2022
linearity:

Bros, I am not fighting any man’s war….it is their Country and pride and theirs to defend and fight for.

They are brave and must be commended, the truth is Russia too far….if 9ja is invaded today, I am not even carrying placard talkless of fighting to defend it, let the polithiefians and their kids fight to protect 9ja, because they stand to lose more.

There's some level of hypocrisy in your words mister. Why call it their country? Do you pretend not to know that there are large swathes of Russian-speaking parts in Luhanski and Donetsk region that want to opt out? Same with Crimea. Why did the West not recognise their referendum in 2014? Who is the west to decide who clamours for separation and those who don't? Why is it these most important parts that the prejudiced Western media keep playing a blind eye to?

So as much as you speak for the sovereignty of Ukraine, please speak for the regions that seek for separation -- it's their right too.
Re: Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV by gistmega: 8:47pm On Mar 12, 2022
I hate them because my sister is a doctor and she played a video to me back in the 80ies of victims of snake bite. I always wondered how a slithering demon without hands could kill a man and render his kids fatherless. That image stayed in my mind and subsequent films of snake slithering up people's roofs and biting them in the toilets.
I have a pair of very solid rubber wellington boots. Whenever we go to the countryside, I go snake hunting. I kill them and drag their bodies to the road to get crushed by motorists. A very sharp machete and a long spiky bamboo (sharp nails) for striking at a distance. I strike hard with the bamboo to break the bone while it coils up the tail, then I hit the head so bad before beheading it.
To me, a beheaded snake is a good snake.

Comradewhy:

Why do you hate snakes haha?
Re: Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV by Taba21: 8:49pm On Mar 12, 2022
ken6488:
Too late

This would have worked the first week

Russia has lost too much to surrender now

All those sanctions will make Russia fight to finish

Z slogan

Kiev will pay the price,if na you ko were in the position of Putin

Re: Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV by VirileNelly2420: 9:02pm On Mar 12, 2022
chaseblack:
Leave am o, people be thinking Putin is a tough guy but no tough guy has successfully invaded another country
Den, u were born yesterday!
Re: Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV by AldrichAmes: 9:08pm On Mar 12, 2022
OkCornel:

I see it clearly. Even the social media giants are disposed to the west. Can’t help but wonder why RT and Sputnik (major Russian media outlets) were hastily delisted from YouTube and other platforms. Sets the tone for the West to control the narrative. Would have been helpful to hear from both sides (East and West media).

In terms of employment, there’s a revolving door between the White House and the Tech giants…not a coincidence

Bro, we live in a matrix but those who have eyes can see what’s going on.

Free media is a lie and it has always been about controlling the narrative. Once you find out that all these western multinational companies/corporations are owned by the same families and the same blue bloods control everything - you will start getting a better picture.

Interesting how they call the kleptocrats in Russia oligarchs but how are they different from the corrupt billionaires in the west?

Everything is just a clash of supremacy and global domination. The west led by US wants to consolidate on the power it has enjoyed since 1991. But Russia thinks it’s now ready to hold its ground like the old days, with China next to it. And that’s basically what this war is about. Ukraine is just the collateral damage.

It’s not even just WH and Tech Giants - CIA/MI6 and oil companies as well. The former head of MI6 is the current head of Shell. It’s the more you look and the less you see.

Imagine Facebook publicly calling for pogroms in 2022 - that should tell you how deep this war is.

3 Likes

Re: Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV by Triplerg: 9:16pm On Mar 12, 2022
Klass99:

But Russia is not the only country with nukes na? If they start to use nuclear weapons the other countries go join their own use am against them or am I yarning Bauchi dust?
Yes others have nukes, but when that happens, you might be commenting from the other side. By the way, are you from Bauchi?
Re: Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV by noking4ever: 9:32pm On Mar 12, 2022
Sometimes i wonder what the world would be without the USA, no wonder in God they trust..
Re: Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV by Klass99(f): 9:47pm On Mar 12, 2022
cool

3 Likes

Re: Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV by linearity: 9:47pm On Mar 12, 2022
JooEeL:

There's some level of hypocrisy in your words mister. Why call it their country? Do you pretend not to know that there are large swathes of Russian-speaking parts in Luhanski and Donetsk region that want to opt out? Same with Crimea. Why did the West not recognise their referendum in 2014? Who is the west to decide who clamours for separation and those who don't? Why is it these most important parts that the prejudiced Western media keep playing a blind eye to?

So as much as you speak for the sovereignty of Ukraine, please speak for the regions that seek for separation -- it's their right too.

Bros we no dey fight….Though I know that Crimea referendum was pushed and implemented by Russia, but like you indicated any region that want to self rule should be given the right to.

I hope you supports the same for IPOB and strongly advocates for their rights to self determination as well.

1 Like

Re: Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV by Johel(m): 10:07pm On Mar 12, 2022
christm386:
While some Nigerians are here telling us what is happening in Russia, lol u want it to go ur way cause u supported Putin @ first and even have the gots to call Nigerians and nairalanders dumbo just to prove u are right, while Russians are sincerely crying, more than 5k Russians have been arrested for protesting against the war and Russians billionaires begging puttin not to take them back to 1917, I don’t totally support the west but puttin used the worst approach ever knowing that the west controls the world, China br leaning some lessons @ the moment lol

Cc bkayy u are the dumb one and don’t engage with learned people with ur backyard and beer Palouse news!! Kids everywhere

The west are the Satanists hence they control the world imo....Putin shouldn't back down,pple are just scared to die and are scared to lose loved ones and properties...there's a deep reason for all this, Putin's demands should be granted,nobody will die, this matter no be today something between Putin and the Westerners...but that zinoleesky seem to have betrayed Russia , reason being putting took harsh decisions and laws into his hands without looking back and there must have been warnings being sent across before it all manifested.
Re: Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV by JooEeL(m): 10:22pm On Mar 12, 2022
linearity:

Bros we no dey fight….Though I know that Crimea referendum was pushed and implemented by Russia, but like you indicated any region that want to self rule should be given the right to.

I hope you supports the same for IPOB and strongly advocates for their rights to self determination as well.

Yes I do but Im an Oduduwa supporter. Most importantly, Im not just pro-separatism. It's not just separation. Its about classism.

The way identified groups and even tribes are not negotiated with... as if we are lesser beings. How a few people assume what is best for a group or race of people. How unity is just forced and joined. As if we are without a will.

The nonsense gat to stop. Who be slave?

Once Ukraine's president comes out to say "Enough is enough. I want a referendum conducted by U.N in Russian speaking-parts of Ukraine"... that very day, you will see me humbly recoil into my corner.
Re: Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV by Triplerg: 10:37pm On Mar 12, 2022
Klass99:

No, I am not from Bauchi. What do you mean by I will be commenting from the other side?

I just wish countries will come together and bury Russia/Putin. How can one man be this mad and evil?

Hitler was worse but Putin is upsetting me and I am not even experiencing the war firsthand, yet I am unsettled and upset by it, when I manage to watch the news.
You are right. Every sensible person should be worried about Putin. The mental health of that man is questionable, that is why it baffles me when some folks here support him. A nuclear war will take away billions of people from this world and we in Africa are just pawns. The other side means the world beyond.

3 Likes

Re: Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV by linearity: 10:44pm On Mar 12, 2022
JooEeL:

Yes I do but Im an Oduduwa supporter. Most importantly, Im not just pro-separatism. It's not just separation. Its about classism.

The way identified groups and even tribes are not negotiated with... as if we are lesser beings. How a few people assume what is best for a group or race of people. How unity is just forced and joined. As if we are without a will.

The nonsense gat to stop. Who be slave?

Once Ukraine's president comes out to say "Enough is enough. I want a referendum conducted by U.N in Russian speaking-parts of Ukraine"... that very day, you will see me humbly recoil into my corner.

I want what you want too, but I believe you know that goal primary goal is not to liberate the Russia speaking part of Ukraine, he wants to ultimately determination who Ukraine becomes friends with.

I think at this point Ukraine would accept Crimea, and also the self determination of the Eastern Ukraine region if Russia will accept them been friends with NATO.

I am from Delta and need the Midwestern Region of Nigeria to be it’s own Country or a true federating region along the 1960 era regions where power decentralized.

1 Like

Re: Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV by Henon: 10:58pm On Mar 12, 2022
ken6488:
Too late

This would have worked the first week

Russia has lost too much to surrender now

All those sanctions will make Russia fight to finish
Fight to finish or not he will definitely lose at last. Worst sanctions are coming.
Re: Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV by ken6488(m): 11:09pm On Mar 12, 2022
Henon:

Fight to finish or not he will definitely lose at last. Worst sanctions are coming.
What sanction again remove them from Europe map?
Re: Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV by JooEeL(m): 11:53pm On Mar 12, 2022
linearity:

I want what you want too, but I believe you know that goal primary goal is not to liberate the Russia speaking part of Ukraine, he wants to ultimately determination who Ukraine becomes friends with.

I think at this point Ukraine would accept Crimea, and also the self determination of the Eastern Ukraine region if Russia will accept them been friends with NATO.

I am from Delta and need the Midwestern Region of Nigeria to be it’s own Country or a true federating region along the 1960 era regions where power decentralized.

Ok let's see where it all ends. You know there is something called the Warsaw pact right? What's your contribution to this? Do you think NATO has violated the agreements in it by expanding eastward? NATO and Warsaw are cat and dog. Their ideologies are conflicting... and the expansion of either is always a threat.

Let's all see how it plays out. As for Delta, Midwest and all that... I don't think in terms of states. States, especially in Nigeria, are quite stupid.
In that same Delta, there are indigenous Yorubas there. There are the Urhobos. There are indigenous Igbos (Ukwuanis). Indigenous Isokos and even Ijaws. You know the Igbos are very likely to gravitate towards Biafra, so what happens to the ones trapped in Delta? You are aware some Ijaws support Biafra while some want their own Ijaw nation. Heck, many Ijaws even want Nigeria to remain one. So how do you handle this for the Ijaws in delta alone? You get my point? In Ondo that you'd think is a pure Yoruba state, there are the indigenous Izons there: you'd be shocked!

The negotiation has to be done very intellectually... not just going by states; otherwise we will be heading right into the same problem we are coming out from. Firstly, indigenous owners of the lands, otherwise first settlers, must be rigorously researched and established. For instance, one would say Lagos these days even has more Igbos than Yorubas, but from now till thy kingdom come, Lagos would remain Yoruba land, not Igbo's: they are migrants: not indigenes nor first settlers. Once all these things are treated properly, then we can now decide to create nations that are structured according to people of common identity and culture -- and of course agreement in the majority. When this happens, I dont care if Nigeria breaks into 10 or 100 countries. I couldn't give a rat's ass.
Re: Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV by Bellerophon: 12:16am On Mar 13, 2022
leathalbeast:
so you who thinks straight didnt realize that nicholas maduro of venezuela is still there, bashir al asad is still there, is it putin who will go down. Please pray tell how he will go down ? Is it by an uprising ? Or by assasination ? These are western propaganda o, it wont happen,besides china is secretly helping them o. Worst part is should putin go, do u know how evil the next russian leader will be ?

Irredeemable fool these men you mention are leading states that are wallowing in extreme poverty! Pray, why don’t you happily relocate to Syria or Venezuela? Despite the complicity of the west as you claim why has the US seen an increased influx of Venezuelan immigrants in recent years? Why do they continue to flock to the same country that is the bane of their existence?! Try to use your brain and exceed expectations sometimes, you are just too dumb I wonder how you exist

1 Like

Re: Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV by Bellerophon: 12:19am On Mar 13, 2022
AldrichAmes:

Bro, we live in a matrix but those who have eyes can see what’s going on.

Free media is a lie and it has always been about controlling the narrative. Once you find out that all these western multinational companies/corporations are owned by the same families and the same blue bloods control everything - you will start getting a better picture.

Interesting how they call the kleptocrats in Russia oligarchs but how are they different from the corrupt billionaires in the west?

Everything is just a clash of supremacy and global domination. The west led by US wants to consolidate on the power it has enjoyed since 1991. But Russia thinks it’s now ready to hold its ground like the old days, with China next to it. And that’s basically what this war is about. Ukraine is just the collateral damage.

It’s not even just WH and Tech Giants - CIA/MI6 and oil companies as well. The former head of MI6 is the current head of Shell. It’s the more you look and the less you see.

Imagine Facebook publicly calling for pogroms in 2022 - that
should tell you how deep this war is.

Bleep, plagiarized sophistry projected as intelligence when all it is , is no more but a facsimile and imitation! Gibberish and illogical! You think In reverse
Re: Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV by TheGift: 12:20am On Mar 13, 2022
Klass99:

I really hope this happens. I have imagined all sorts of scenarios in my head towards Putin, like assassination, mutiny and nothing good.

It has been painful to watch international news on Al Jazeera, BBC & CNN because of this war. It is the only thing dominating the news and the footage from Ukraine, fleeing refugees, hospitalized Ukrainians etc makes me grateful for Nigeria even if some people think it is a shit hole.

Is there a reason why other nations have stood by and abstained from joining forces with Ukraine to fight the Russians? Like they did during Hitler's era and the holocaust? I just don't understand, someone should pls enlighten me on this.

Wouldn't it have been easier or better to band together and repel the mad man in Russia? Not through sanctions alone, but sending forces to support Ukraine long before the invasion.

As per “
Is there a reason why other nations have stood by and abstained from joining forces with Ukraine to fight the Russians? ”

Other nations are standing by Ukraine by supplying them with defensive (note: not offensive) weaponry

As per “ Wouldn't it have been easier or better to band together and repel the mad man in Russia?”

Even if it is better it will certainly not be easier.

That they are not repelling Putin in the way you are proposing doesn’t mean they are not banded together.

It is best for all that the west don’t get directly involved . For the same reason they are sending defensive (not offensive) weapons. Putin is looking for a reason to say the West is warring against Him. They are not going to make it easy for Him to do that.

At this rate, the people who will take down Putin are His own people.

1 Like

Re: Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV by naijaman2225(m): 3:20am On Mar 13, 2022
Klass99:

3 NATO MEMBERS ARE NUCLEAR ALSO POWERS.
Re: Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV by naijaman2225(m): 3:23am On Mar 13, 2022
derecho:

How you sure say no be Putin dey use style dey speak through dem? Program wey no be live show...you know the amount of censoring wey the recorded program don undergo?
If this tori true, it's a case of the hand of the oligarchs and the voice of Putin
U SAID IT ALL. NEVER FULLY TRUST NEWS FROM CLOSED SOCIETIES.
Re: Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV by stevups(m): 3:29am On Mar 13, 2022
Russia has become history.
Re: Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV by kingjizz: 4:16am On Mar 13, 2022
joyandfaith:

I hope you are learning because you are a product of exam practice.

Go and borrow senes
Re: Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV by kingjizz: 4:16am On Mar 13, 2022
joyandfaith:

kingjizz is one of them.

Go and borrow senes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Taliban Kill A Woman After She Told Them She Was Too Poor To Cook For Them / Mike Itkis: Manhattan Candidate Releases Sextape To Woo Voters Ahead Of Election / 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.