Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,546 members, 7,837,092 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID (7725 Views)

NSCDC Arrests Two With Fake Naira Note (photos) / 17 GTB Staff With Fake NYSC Exemption Certificates Arrested / Don't Jail The Fake ID Card Syndicates But....................... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID by fayawo: 4:09pm On Jun 30, 2011
Man Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID, Expired Boarding Pass

A Nigerian man managed to board a Los Angeles-bound flight at JFK Airport without a valid boarding pass or valid identification. Olajide Olwaseun Noibi used a fake ID and an expired boarding pass to get onto Virgin America Flight 415.

WCBS 2 reports, "The FBI says Noibi sat in the main cabin and when a flight attendant asked him to show his boarding pass, he produced the expired pass. Noibi was still allowed to get off the plane when it landed in Los Angeles." Great! And how did Noibi get the pass? ABC News explains:

On that pass was the name of a man with the initials M.D. After tracking down and interviewing him, the FBI learned that M.D. had lost his home-printed boarding pass from his back pocket, which had been folded into fourths, once he arrived at JFK via subway Friday. Once he discovered it missing, he obtained a new boarding pass from a ticket kiosk and boarded flight 413.

On flight 415 Saturday -- the day after M.D.'s flight had already taken off -- a similarly folded home-printed boarding pass with M.D.'s name on it was found on Noibi.

Noibi was arrested yesterday in Wednesday when he tried to board a Delta flight from LA to NYC under the same MO. Authorities found 10 other expired boarding passes. A federal agent wrote in his report, "Noibi [while at LAX] claimed he was able to go through passenger screening by obtaining a seat pass and displaying his University of Michigan identification and a police report that his passport had been stolen."

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/06/30/flight.stowaway/index.html
Re: Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID by EzeUche(m): 4:14pm On Jun 30, 2011
I heard about this on the news. undecided
Re: Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID by fayawo: 4:15pm On Jun 30, 2011
I used to have so much energy defending Nigeria in front of colleagues at work and friends.I remember saying Farouk Mutallab was just a bastard that never lived in Nigeria but with the likes of Boko Haram and this stupid Olajide Oluwaseun (Esuseun) that keeps disgracing us abroad,is it really worth defending a country like that?
Re: Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID by obowunmi(m): 5:06pm On Jun 30, 2011
I dont' see a big deal in this.
Re: Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID by EzeUche(m): 5:07pm On Jun 30, 2011
obowunmi:

undecided undecided undecided

Let me explain this to you. Someone with a fake boarding pass was able to fly across the U.S. and he was not detected. That was a lapse in security that needs to be corrected.
Re: Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID by Wallie(m): 6:24pm On Jun 30, 2011
Re: Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID by fayawo: 7:44pm On Jun 30, 2011
@Obowunmi: Am so sorry there is a big deal in this, This is a big disgrace to the repuation of our country that is already in the mud and it is a serious embarrasment to millions of honest Nigerians that work hard and still have moral values.

Obowunmi: There is a big deal to this , by the time that idiot spends the rest of his life behind the cell he will understand what he has gotten himself into.

Obowunmi: Once again I insist there is big deal in this, It is so sad that in a country whereby we are blessed with so much wealth we have lost our sense of cultural upbringing and today , Yahoo Yahoo! Boko Haram! Mend! Corruption! is the main thing ,

When people ask you where you are from and you can't proudly say you are from Nigeria, Obowunmi that is when you will realize that there is a big deal in Nigerians creating a bad reputation for themselves within the country and beyond.

Very disgusting situation!!
Re: Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID by tpia5: 7:49pm On Jun 30, 2011
i suppose now they'll implement more draconian measures targetting the average citizenry who for some reason the govt/govt stooges find extremely irritating.
Re: Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID by obowunmi(m): 9:11pm On Jun 30, 2011
He was probably in the U.S. illegally and couldn't obtain an legal I.D., next time nigga, hop on the greyhound bus.
Re: Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 30, 2011
i went to the hospital yesterday for a dr.'s appointment. My doctor asked me the origin of my long a S S first name and i proudly said Nigeria. The first thing the oyinbo said was "Hope you are not the one sending me the constant emails, cause your name looks familiar. To hide my anger, i had to laugh really hard, but all i really wanted to do was smash his head on the table. But when u think of it, its not his fault!
Re: Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID by obowunmi(m): 10:16pm On Jun 30, 2011
^^^ ahahaha! funny story.
Re: Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID by Finland(m): 10:23pm On Jun 30, 2011
obowunmi:

Thank you! what's the big deal?
fayawo:

@Obowunmi: Am so sorry there is a big deal in this, This is a big disgrace to the repuation of our country that is already in the mud and it is a serious embarrasment to millions of honest Nigerians that work hard and still have moral values.

Obowunmi: There is a big deal to this , by the time that spends the rest of his life behind the cell he will understand what he has gotten himself into.

Obowunmi: Once again I insist there is big deal in this, It is so sad that in a country whereby we are blessed with so much wealth we have lost our sense of cultural upbringing and today , Yahoo Yahoo! Boko Haram! Mend! Corruption! is the main thing ,

When people ask you where you are from and you can't proudly say you are from Nigeria, Obowunmi that is when you will realize that there is a big deal in Nigerians creating a bad reputation for themselves within the country and beyond.

Very disgusting situation!!
There is no big deal jare. make una shut up!. .Show any country in this world that has an empty prison. Criminal-ism is not only in Nigeria it is everywhere and this kinda things happens everytime in the u.s but when the culprit is a Nigerian it makes an headline. Rubbish!!!
Re: Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 30, 2011
This is now a light issue ehn. if it were to be an igbo man bluetooth, ileke idi and his yooroba brothers wud have been postin some tribalistic comments here. just look at how ezeuche has posted without any tribal comments. I hope the yooroba  folks wud take note of this.
Re: Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID by erico2k2(m): 10:38pm On Jun 30, 2011
lol 9ja I hail, guys stop making this a big deal, dont forget it was withing the US ie no immigration officers, so it was just boarding staff and airline staff, no proper checks and just so you guys Kow, the guy has his correct Docs.what he hsa just done is like traveling from London to Manchester with an out of date TKT.
Re: Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID by hbrednic: 10:39pm On Jun 30, 2011
dude was having a free ride,unfortunatelly it will now land him in jail
Re: Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID by erico2k2(m): 10:46pm On Jun 30, 2011
hbrednic:

dude was having a free ride,unfortunatelly it will now land him in jail
yep he was lol but you neer know, he just managed to expose the lapses in thier internal aviation systems, this will raise some serious question as to how the conduct the security arrangement when it comes to internal passangers lol some heads might roll grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID by KayDee4: 10:53pm On Jun 30, 2011
Woke up to the news on MSNBC this morning and i think its a little embarassing.

For those people saying its no big deal, just be prepared for extra scrutiny @ airports because  d word "Nigerian" suddenly becomes synonymous with "fake I.D", "stoaway" and s**t like that.
Re: Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID by emofine(f): 10:57pm On Jun 30, 2011
engineerd:

i went to the hospital yesterday for a dr.'s appointment. My doctor asked me the origin of my long a S S first name and i proudly said Nigeria. The first thing the oyinbo said was "Hope you are not the one sending me the constant emails, cause your name looks familiar. To hide my anger, i had to laugh really hard, but all i really wanted to do was smash his head on the table. But when u think of it, its not his fault!

LOL

Finland:
There is no big deal jare. make una shut up!. .Show any country in this world that has an empty prison. Criminal-ism is not only in Nigeria it is everywhere and this kinda things happens everytime in the u.s but when the culprit is a Nigerian it makes an headline. Rubbish!!!

In order to justify the stereotypes however some foolish Nigerians carry unnecessary palava for head smearing the whole country in the process.
Re: Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID by tpia5: 11:00pm On Jun 30, 2011
still wondering why the news made the headlines.

oh well, not like anything is happening that's never happened before. undecided
Re: Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID by born2boink(m): 11:11pm On Jun 30, 2011
I trust Nigeria my country
Re: Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID by emmatok(m): 11:14pm On Jun 30, 2011
tpia@:

still wondering why the news made the headlines.

oh well, not like anything is happening that's never happened before. undecided

I tire o

Trust NLers they will tribalize the issue and that is why is it on front page.
Re: Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID by MrCork17: 11:40pm On Jun 30, 2011
dont they always fly with fake document? undecided
Re: Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID by ypad: 11:40pm On Jun 30, 2011
I notice recently that a particular tribe professing to be holy has being tagged with so many evil vices.

Ex-speaker, (thief)
A titled old man rape a female coper (rapist)
A man killed his wife recently (murders)
A guy flies with fake ID (fraudster)

all na from one region ,
Re: Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID by Nobody: 12:00am On Jul 01, 2011
We are always fond of making negative headlines.Its either internet scam/419 today,drug traffiking tommorow and credit card fraud the day after tommorow.
Re: Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID by amicdan(m): 12:11am On Jul 01, 2011
ypad:

I notice recently that a particular tribe professing to be holy has being tagged with so many evil vices.

Ex-speaker, (thief)
A titled old man violation a female coper (despoiler)

all na from one region ,
TRY TO BE EXPLICIT PLEASE tongue
Re: Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID by kcjazz(m): 12:13am On Jul 01, 2011
Ok he is Nigerian but isn't the Airport security culpable on this one? Or, am I missing something? I trust Nigerian Police and Customs grin would have singled him out before he even boarded the plane but this Americans with all their technology and scanning no try
Re: Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID by MeandSum: 12:14am On Jul 01, 2011
obowunmi:

^^^ ahahaha! funny story.

Actually, it is not funny. I am in Ukraine - 95% of my client are in the US and the other 5% in UK and Australia.
Can't tell you how many contracts I lost in the early years because of my name! I learnt my lesson the hard way and I never attend any negotiation or sign any contract now.

So it is quite annoying when you say this is not a big deal. It is for a lot of hard working people like me.

I wonder why they didn't throw the idiot out of the plane mid air.
Re: Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID by MeandSum: 12:21am On Jul 01, 2011
ypad:

Ex-speaker,  (thief)
A titled old man violation a female coper (despoiler)

all na from one region ,

Don't go there! I'll provide thousand of links for worse things done by your tribe. in fact, I have no idea which "tribe" you belong to but I'll provide 1000 links if you care to tell us.

My general rule with Nigerians is this: if you shake a Nigerian's hand, count your fingers before he leaves. You may end up with 4 or 2 fingers (depending on the tribesmiley)
Re: Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID by asscend: 12:24am On Jul 01, 2011
The guy is also an American because he has an American passport but trust the media to immediately claim he is Nigerian only so it will give Naija a bad name.

Thank God he did not have any bomb but only exposed their security laxity.

Yes he had different expired boarding passes and probably been flying free for a while until he was caught.

America sought your laxity out and call him yours as well.
Re: Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID by Nobody: 12:42am On Jul 01, 2011
You can tell the American media is so biased and rinks of racism. If this guy is an American Citizen like the story says, why do they have to mention he was Nigerian?? I mean, he is American, period! If it were a white man from UK with American citizenship, i guarantee u they would not say an American citizen from britain, Why? because they believe they have more in common with the briton and they view him as "their own", Not one black man from the doomed continent Africa!
Re: Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID by asscend: 12:50am On Jul 01, 2011
engineerd:

You can tell the American media is so biased and rinks of racism. If this guy is an American Citizen like the story says, why do they have to mention he was Nigerian?? I mean, he is American, period! If it were a white man from UK with American citizenship, i guarantee u they would not say an American citizen from britain, Why? because they believe they have more in common with the briton and they view him as "their own", Not one black man from the doomed continent Africa!

Exactly,
Re: Nigerian Flies From JFK To LA With Fake ID by Nobody: 12:50am On Jul 01, 2011
when u think about it, I believe he showed a police report that his US passport had been stolen. I won't be surprised if this police report were fake. Guys this is actually a  freakin big deal, this IDIOT has put Nigeria in a bad lime light once again and the innocent, honest hard-working Nigerians living in the US will have to pay for this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See What I Saw Inside The Tin Tomato I Bought In The Market (Graphic Photos) / OAU Professor "Richard Akindele" Involved In Sex-for-mark Scandal (listen) / Exposed: Shady Deals/scams In Skye Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.