Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,169 members, 7,835,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps (43465 Views)

CBN Reduces Banks' Loan To Deposit Ratio From 65% To 50% / FG Approves 173 Loan Apps, Bars Illegal Online Banks / FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 11:58am On Mar 15, 2022
ademidedavid:

Olodo ni e jor
Olodo no baba e
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 11:58am On Mar 15, 2022
AheadMarket:

Go and work on ur self-control.
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by ademidedavid(f): 12:19pm On Mar 15, 2022
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
Olodo no baba e

My baba no be olodo now

Omo were .......,.....
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Jamesbiodun(m): 12:20pm On Mar 15, 2022
It is only when I can't login the app on my phone or saw it on Google that I will take them serious just like Indian banning illegal loan app
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by wealthcome111: 1:01pm On Mar 15, 2022
jacoik:
can you help me out Baba. What's their name let me know because am owning easy money and fairmoney

is fair money among the illegal loan apps?

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by wealthcome111: 1:15pm On Mar 15, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

It is in the report that none of the affected loan companies should recover the loans since the companies were unauthorized to operate in the first place.

So anyone who has an existing loan with companies like Sokoloan, Ease Moni and the others that have been locked up should not repay the loans.

The affected companies have also been instructed to cease loan recovery.

where can i get this report?
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by temptnow: 1:23pm On Mar 15, 2022
Cheeryfeet:

At times I wonder if you people think with your anus. Small children every where, you underestimate no Nigeria,for your information, any biz that does not have Nigeria as a market has not started. You guys don't have a clue.

As I said the only country that thinks Nigeria is important is useless Nigerians.
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by BluntTheApostle(m): 2:12pm On Mar 15, 2022
wealthcome111:

where can i get this report?

Sorry, I just read the report properly now.

It says affected entitites must cease and desist from practices that are being investigated, not necessarily cease from recovering loans before the raid.
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by mamoh2k3: 2:21pm On Mar 15, 2022
You can go ahead and compensate them. Can't you just understand. Let them register themselves. Nigeria is a country bonded by law. How on earth will a foreigner leave his country and come into naija operating an illegal job. You are part of the problem of this government. And if truly you work with them prepare to go to hell cos money with interest is a sin, it is a cursed business. Written in the Bible and Quran.
Ademola47:
So if FG 'close' their shops now, what will happen to the money the loan apps have borrowed people? Will FG compensate them? Or they will bear the brunt of the dearth of restitution?

In as much as I don't like the excesses of the loan apps, I also don't like creating unnecessary hardship for people. FG can't just cripple their business like that.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by YourFavorite21(m): 2:35pm On Mar 15, 2022
Make una join me for thanksgiving this Sunday @Basilica of the holy trinity Onitsha.
Time: 5:am mass

I no dey owe any motherfvcker again
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Mighty976: 3:07pm On Mar 15, 2022
I hope piggy vest isn't among the online bank.
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by TemmyBlessed13(m): 3:14pm On Mar 15, 2022
Those app are still existing (still working)
It will nice if FG act acordii to his will
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by WowSweetGuy(m): 3:46pm On Mar 15, 2022
Icumsa45:

I heard they are still in operation.
Funny enough yeah

Still defaming sef
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by MartinsD12(m): 4:15pm On Mar 15, 2022
planetE:
They should add fairmoney and carbon!!! I dey owe dem
grin
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by ezighi: 4:43pm On Mar 15, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

Sorry, I just read the report properly now.

It says affected entitites must cease and desist from practices that are being investigated, not necessarily cease from recovering loans before the raid.

I think we really need to understand this point in the press release. Is it that they can still be in operation while they cease and desist from practices being investigated?

Lawyers in the house help out oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by henrysam(m): 4:45pm On Mar 15, 2022
Ademola47:
So if FG 'close' their shops now, what will happen to the money the loan apps have borrowed people? Will FG compensate them? Or they will bear the brunt of the dearth of restitution?

In as much as I don't like the excesses of the loan apps, I also don't like creating unnecessary hardship for people. FG can't just cripple their business like that.

We're they duly registered with the authorised agency before they start operation?
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by swiftz(f): 8:29pm On Mar 15, 2022
Can someone confirm if they have stopped sending those horrible messages to contacts between the time of this report and now?

I don't believe anything that comes from this government.
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 15, 2022
Dawn91:
[s][/s]
Ever heard of Fück off?
No tell me more.
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Bamzyriches451: 6:01pm On Mar 16, 2022
WarriAproko:
tongue grin how u see am
U later collect the money? grin
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by kennygee18(m): 7:12pm On Mar 16, 2022
swiftz:
Can someone confirm if they have stopped sending those horrible messages to contacts between the time of this report and now?

I don't believe anything that comes from this government.

They are still operating full time as at this evening...
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by kennygee18(m): 7:28pm On Mar 16, 2022
Bamzyriches451:
If you collect you go pay o...na Audio shut down be this o.
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by ezighi: 11:25pm On Mar 16, 2022
Please any development? Have they shut down their apps and frozen their banks accounts?
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by swiftz(f): 12:17am On Mar 17, 2022
kennygee18:

They are still operating full time as at this evening...

From what I gathered, they will operate but won't send messages to your contacts as that is one of the things being investigated. So yes, they will operate, call to ask for repayment but they won't intrude your privacy.
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by WarriAproko: 7:43am On Mar 17, 2022
Bamzyriches451:
no o. I dun try dem nor dey send
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by ezighi: 12:41pm On Mar 17, 2022
swiftz:

From what I gathered, they will operate but won't send messages to your contacts as that is one of the things being investigated. So yes, they will operate, call to ask for repayment but they won't intrude your privacy.

Please what about the compound interest that the government said we should renegotiate?
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by swiftz(f): 3:05pm On Mar 17, 2022
ezighi:

Please what about the compound interest that the government said we should renegotiate?

No idea really. Lcredit just called a friend now to inform him that they will start placing automatic calls to his contacts this afternoon if he doesn't pay up.
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by ezighi: 4:52pm On Mar 18, 2022
Please what is our experience with these loan sharks? Let share.
Someone told me nothing have changed as they are still threatening and sending messages to phone contacts.
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Kubernetes: 11:45pm On Mar 18, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Lol....y2arw joking right? How many people taking loans from these apps will qualify for a loan from a bank. Even a Microfinance Bank will not lend to them. To take a loan from a bank you drop a collateral with value far in excess of your loan. These Loan apps are giving out unsecured loans which is very very risky. High risk, High returns

You do not need collateral for all types of loans in Nigeria.
Loans that are giving to you based on your salary does not need collateral
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by kennygee18(m): 7:44am On Mar 19, 2022
Kubernetes:

Yea...true. but how many Nigerians earn salary to be eligible for such loans?
The country is just messed up.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by airsaylongcome: 7:56am On Mar 19, 2022
Kubernetes:

People who will go for those loans will not go for Loan shark loans to start with and if they did will never default

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by perousd: 9:35am On Mar 19, 2022
Awesomeking:
Nigerians are so quick to put blame on loan apps.. I have never seen an app that forced a loan on anybody.. People go there willingly and the interest is clearly written alongside repayment date.. I don't see any foul play here.. Its unfair to these apps in my opinion
I don't blame your ignorance cuz you don't know the power of repeated adverts. It's persuasive. Aside that, some loan apps have started giving out unsolicited funds using blackmail as a weapon. Some won't disburse the cash and still defame when you try to explain. If they can't be regulated, then they should leave. They can't be God. We live in a lawful society where the law court can resolve matters instead of this criminal methods.
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by swiftz(f): 1:27am On Mar 20, 2022
ezighi:
Please what is our experience with these loan sharks? Let share.
Someone told me nothing have changed as they are still threatening and sending messages to phone contacts.

No change.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars / Pady Adenuga: "I Got Engaged Twice In 2 Years, I Couldn't Marry Any Of Them" / I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.