Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps (43469 Views)

CBN Reduces Banks' Loan To Deposit Ratio From 65% To 50% / FG Approves 173 Loan Apps, Bars Illegal Online Banks / FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Investorozay: 10:04pm On Mar 14, 2022
Revolution2022:
What is the fate of loan apps who are yet to recover their loan?

they should go back to china

6 Likes

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Pastorsmile: 10:05pm On Mar 14, 2022
Very good move by the FG

3 Likes

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by OGwales(m): 10:05pm On Mar 14, 2022
Sweetest news since the year began... At least this is gonna relieve us from Putin's madness.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by PrinceOfLagos: 10:06pm On Mar 14, 2022
ojun50:
them for list there name out make me know the betters ones
They did yesterday
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Vondata(m): 10:07pm On Mar 14, 2022
Lol.... funny but Google doesn't take orders from FG...there r all still in operation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Gamusgamus: 10:07pm On Mar 14, 2022

4 Likes

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by PrinceOfLagos: 10:09pm On Mar 14, 2022
Vondata:
Lol.... funny but Google doesn't take orders from FG...there r all still in operation

They will be operating at their own risk because nobody will repay after collecting loan knowing fully well that they can't do shit

5 Likes

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by temptnow: 10:10pm On Mar 14, 2022
Walkee:
I like the way our federal government is ordering these big techs. They used to form James bond in USA during Trump era

Do you think Google know Nigeria exist?

The only people that think Nigeria is important is you Nigerians.

Up till now Twitter doesn't even have you people's time.

Festus Keyamo and Femi Adeshina fooled you all that Twitter has agreed to share database with Nigeria and open office. It's going to a year now still nothing

Sharing access to database with Nigeria, do you know how crazy that sounds to these Oyibo companies. Of all countries in the world, it's Nigeria they will share data with. grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by frozen70(f): 10:10pm On Mar 14, 2022
Revolution2022:
What is the fate of loan apps who are yet to recover their loan?

They have entered one chance

4 Likes

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by WarriAproko: 10:10pm On Mar 14, 2022
Make i go find one borrow like 100k fast before them close d app. cool
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by tunjidare2(m): 10:14pm On Mar 14, 2022
Ademola47:
So if FG 'close' their shops now, what will happen to the money the loan apps have borrowed people? Will FG compensate them? Or they will bear the brunt of the dearth of restitution?

In as much as I don't like the excesses of the loan apps, I also don't like creating unnecessary hardship for people. FG can't just cripple their business like that.

Bros, nor vex o, from my understanding of the matter, it seems these loan apps are the first to commit crime, maybe fraud sef, because this a a consumer protection matter and I heard some of these loan offices claim not to have physical addresses but consumer protection people fished them out and took their systems for investigations.

One other thing is their verification system is very poor and baseless, you can't imagine going about your business and someone you met randomly used your number as a guarantor on a loan app, to my own understanding, these apps should call to verify first before approving loans not the other way round when the said loanee is defaulting then the apps starts bursting your life with messages and calls that you should find who you no know.

There is more to it, and I am in no support of the defaulters, but if whatever they do is against the law, they should close shop and do the needful...

10 Likes

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Splitmind: 10:15pm On Mar 14, 2022
The FG should also come down hard on banks like Kudabank
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Walkee: 10:15pm On Mar 14, 2022
temptnow:

Do only people that think Nigeria is important is you Nigerians.

Up till now Twitter doesn't even have you people's time. Festus Keyamo and Femi Adeshina fooled you all that Twitter has agreed to share database with Nigeria and open office. It's going to a year now still nothing
lol inferiority complex will not kill you. Nigeria have 200m plus people, over 50m Nigerians use the Internet. Google definitely know Nigeria exist and they earn billions of dollars from here.
Twitter is fully under the control of the Federal Government now. Anything the government disagree with will be deleted. Go and check what happened to endsars hashtag and special emoji when FG decided to allow Twitter back.
Nigeria is a more important market than majority of European countries. Most European countries don't even have the population of Lagos and kano

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by litaninja(m): 10:19pm On Mar 14, 2022
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Czario: 10:19pm On Mar 14, 2022
Don't smile they don't really care about you...

E Naira app doesn't want any competition.

The planned Social credit system can't work with unsecured loan apps.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by godofuck231: 10:20pm On Mar 14, 2022
So much for the nigerian ministry of communication that can't manages the cyber space , dumb ass old leaking barrels trying to contain shit , shitty government
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by tunjidare2(m): 10:20pm On Mar 14, 2022
Walkee:
lol inferiority complex will not kill you. Nigeria have 200m plus people, over 50m Nigerians use the Internet. Google definitely know Nigeria exist and they earn billions of dollars from here.
Twitter is fully under the control of the Federal Government now. Anything the government disagree with will be deleted. Go and check what happened to endsars hashtag and special emoji when FG decided to allow Twitter back.
Nigeria is a more important market than majority of European countries. Most European countries don't even have the population of Lagos and kano

God bless you because you have sense jare...

Most people just thrash Naija like say na forest, anyway, if FG tell google to delete due to its facts, I am sure google will not want to associate it's self to fraudulent apps...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by crazysam001: 10:21pm On Mar 14, 2022
EmptyGarden:
They should go for debt cancellation while they're at it.

Before
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Paperbag(m): 10:22pm On Mar 14, 2022
seniormallam:
The lenders and the borrowers are criminals, lenders want to cut leg, borrowers want to cut head,

You carry loan enter naija, you dey whine us ni, you no know say even who no get plan dey borrow loan for naija.

A friend that benefited from NIRSAL LOAN just knew today that the loan is payable loan, after squandering it,

Don't use money to joke with Nigerians living in Nigeria

I swear ,
They should have asked us that was borrowing money to frnds and family what they used our eyes to see before them enter 9ja

Paying back no dey our ethics

3 Likes

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 10:23pm On Mar 14, 2022
Long overdue
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Nosayer: 10:26pm On Mar 14, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Go withdraw your money o

Don't come here and be crying they ran with your funds o

Piggy is registered with CBN as an MFB

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Stephenmoka4(m): 10:26pm On Mar 14, 2022
WarriAproko:
Make i go find one borrow like 100k fast before them close d app. cool
Multiple apps you meant... It's usually under 10k amounts for first timers. If you do pay back then they'll increase it.

Don't do it with your contact intact. You can use someone else's phone, cuz his contact may not recognize you or add yourself in few WhatsApp group and collect contacts.

3 Likes

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by crazysam001: 10:26pm On Mar 14, 2022
Ademola47:
So if FG 'close' their shops now, what will happen to the money the loan apps have borrowed people? Will FG compensate them? Or they will bear the brunt of the dearth of restitution?

In as much as I don't like the excesses of the loan apps, I also don't like creating unnecessary hardship for people. FG can't just cripple their business like that.

They were not licensed to give loans from the beginning.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Goodnuel: 10:27pm On Mar 14, 2022
Ademola47:

Well, they can. It's financial and illegal, according to the government.

Therefore the government can close them without any form compensation.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by temptnow: 10:27pm On Mar 14, 2022
Walkee:

Please don't make me laugh this night.

200m people half are illiterates that can't read or write. 120m are living in serious poverty.
The remaining reasonable ones are running away from the country in any given chance.

I can count the amount of people in Kano that can write their name correctly.

When world geopolitics is being discussed, Nigeria is not even mentioned in anywhere.

We have trillions of cubic feet Gas in the South South and South East, the whole world know we have it, However, have you heard any European Union country considering Nigerian gas as options?

Nigeria is in darkness in this 21st century. Ain't we ashamed of ourselves?
Oga hide yourself, Nigeria is not important

4 Likes

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by WarriAproko: 10:27pm On Mar 14, 2022
Stephenmoka4:
Multiple apps you meant... It's usually under 10k amounts for first timers. If you do pay back then they'll increase it.

Don't do it with your contact intact. You can use someone else's phone, cuz his contact may not recognize you or add yourself in few WhatsApp group and collect contacts.
really.
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Tingotoe: 10:28pm On Mar 14, 2022
Why do we Nigerians subscribe to loans that we know we will default on?
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by WarriAproko: 10:29pm On Mar 14, 2022
Stephenmoka4:

what if i use a new sim with no contact
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by sunshine1974(m): 10:29pm On Mar 14, 2022
Ademola47:

criminal business

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Kingsamsnr(m): 10:29pm On Mar 14, 2022
Some of f those app lack civility, the way they harass or threaten customer is too bad.
I have a bad experience with them.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Gfash22(m): 10:29pm On Mar 14, 2022
2mercy:
From Previous thread
https://www.nairaland.com/7026234/fg-shuts-illegal-online-banks

https://punchng.com/fg-orders-google-apple-to-deactivate-illegal-online-banks-loan-apps/

Those guys are big time thieves. Especially L-Credit and some others. I refunded my loan. Yet, they are still threatening me that I have not paid despite sending proof of payment. Well, I told them I am going to involve the Police/EFCC.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Nosayer: 10:30pm On Mar 14, 2022
temptnow:

The only people that think Nigeria is important is you Nigerians.

Up till now Twitter doesn't even have you people's time.

Festus Keyamo and Femi Adeshina fooled you all that Twitter has agreed to share database with Nigeria and open office. It's going to a year now still nothing

Sharing access to database with Nigeria, do you know how crazy that sounds to these Oyibo companies. Of all countries in the world, it's Nigeria they will share data with. grin grin grin grin

It's either you have an unparalleled level of ignorance with tinctures of stupidity or you're just plainly becoming derilious in mischievousness.

If you want to counter a claim, it's wise to do that in such a way that'll not put your intelligence to question. The FG has power to tell Google what it wants even though they can't command Google to share data with them. Yet, Google has to comply with whatever the government says even though Nigerian Government is still a young boy in excercising sovereignty.

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Pady Adenuga: "I Got Engaged Twice In 2 Years, I Couldn't Marry Any Of Them" / Photos From Dangote's 59th Birthday Party In Edo State / I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.