Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps (43388 Views)

CBN Reduces Banks' Loan To Deposit Ratio From 65% To 50% / FG Approves 173 Loan Apps, Bars Illegal Online Banks / FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Kennyfancy(m): 9:53pm On Mar 14, 2022
Abeg make them shut up
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by merits(m): 9:53pm On Mar 14, 2022
Better

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Komolafe89: 9:53pm On Mar 14, 2022
A for don borrow last week chai !

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Uchesis: 9:53pm On Mar 14, 2022
Pls they should list the apps. E get why

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by linearity: 9:53pm On Mar 14, 2022
Walkee:
I like the way our federal government is ordering these big techs. They used to form James bond in USA during Trump era

Audio order!

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by ojun50(m): 9:54pm On Mar 14, 2022
them for list there name out make me know the betters ones
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 9:55pm On Mar 14, 2022
Gbam
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by frenzzy2(m): 9:55pm On Mar 14, 2022
I love this government

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by RedPilChurchBoy: 9:55pm On Mar 14, 2022
Dawn91:
Orders?.... Are they drunk? No app takes orders from the Nigerian government. That's how they lied twitter came.to negotiate and will open an imaginary office in Nigeria .

Argumentum ad ignorantiam!

Surely FG can block normal operation of Play nd Apple stores. That'll make you resort to VPN again. That's if VPN can do the trick...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by planetE(m): 9:55pm On Mar 14, 2022
They should add fairmoney and carbon!!! I dey owe dem

12 Likes

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Dawn91(m): 9:56pm On Mar 14, 2022
RedPilChurchBoy:

Argumentum ad ignorantiam!

Surely FG can block normal operation of Play nd Apple stores. That'll make you resort to VPN again. That's if VPN can do the trick...

I refuse to believe you are dumb... For decades Chinese citizens have been using Vpn to access social media sites like Facebook , Twitter etc... Still doesn't stop over 400 million of them using Facebook china...

Go figure

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Kubernetes: 9:56pm On Mar 14, 2022
They should also mandate the legal loan apps to reduce the interest rates like the way commercial banks are charging

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Walkee: 9:57pm On Mar 14, 2022
linearity:

Audio order!
it's not audio. Didn't Twitter ban teach you the power of our government with regards to tech companies?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by ImoleNaija: 9:57pm On Mar 14, 2022
The agency also banned the acceptance and presentation of new online banking and loan applications without regulatory assessment and approval.

What a good move! Every Tom, Dick & Harry now creates loan apps for exploitation, knowing so well that, with much threats, blackmail & defamation, most people would find all means to pay up. Funnily, they lure both young & old to take unnecessary loans.

9 Likes

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Laredojohn(m): 9:58pm On Mar 14, 2022
Hope piggyvest is safe
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Awesomeking: 9:59pm On Mar 14, 2022
Realists:
Good that these loan sharks are going down for good. Imagine arm robbers using apps to defraud law abiding citizens.
Surely Nigeria will get there with strong institutions.
God bless Nigeria
God bless Africa.
how is it a scam to offer a loan and state exactly how much interest is expected and when it is expected.. The real scammer is the person who knows he is not within the capacity of paying back the high interest and still takes the loan then starts ignoring calls.. The money that loan apps use to loan people doesn't grow on trees.. Na actual hard earned money too..

12 Likes

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Peng12345: 9:59pm On Mar 14, 2022
Kuda should be number 1
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by princejones(m): 10:00pm On Mar 14, 2022
Good for those shark loan outfit

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by aspabay(m): 10:00pm On Mar 14, 2022
Wait óò, let me borrow money first before they delete the Apps
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Bbbw: 10:00pm On Mar 14, 2022
Hmmm

A good step anyway coz most of the loan app and online banks will end up running away with peoples fund

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Knows12(m): 10:00pm On Mar 14, 2022
[quote author=MrBanner post=111042031]If they ban me without getting any help, u shall not know peace unless I'm not genuine.. thanks
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Haylel: 10:00pm On Mar 14, 2022
Walkee:
I like the way our federal government is ordering these big techs. They used to form James bond in USA during Trump era
Mumu.
What had changed before and after twitter ban?

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by PrinceOfLagos: 10:01pm On Mar 14, 2022
Ademola47:
So if FG 'close' their shops now, what will happen to the money the loan apps have borrowed people? Will FG compensate them? Or they will bear the brunt of the dearth of restitution?

In as much as I don't like the excesses of the loan apps, I also don't like creating unnecessary hardship for people. FG can't just cripple their business like that.

Are you working for one of this loan apps ?

What happens to all the tax money the criminal loans apps didn't pay to the federal government all this time they've been illegally operating in the country ?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Mayng01(m): 10:01pm On Mar 14, 2022
Who is ordering who? Fg ordering or requesting? Mtchew!
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Kobicove(m): 10:02pm On Mar 14, 2022
The FG has no authority to give orders to companies that are not within Nigeria's jurisdiction

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Walkee: 10:02pm On Mar 14, 2022
Haylel:

Mumu.
What had changed before and after twitter ban?
you should ask Twitter that question. If only you knew how much they lost in advertising. Just so you know, FG currently has Twitter on strings. You can't organise anything like protest on Twitter now

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Gkemz: 10:03pm On Mar 14, 2022
Starting with deactivating Fast cash aka Soko loan

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by PrinceOfLagos: 10:03pm On Mar 14, 2022
Laredojohn:
Hope piggyvest is safe
Go withdraw your money o

Don't come here and be crying they ran with your funds o
Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by ednut1(m): 10:03pm On Mar 14, 2022
Ademola47:
So if FG 'close' their shops now, what will happen to the money the loan apps have borrowed people? Will FG compensate them? Or they will bear the brunt of the dearth of restitution?

In as much as I don't like the excesses of the loan apps, I also don't like creating unnecessary hardship for people. FG can't just cripple their business like that.

yes they can. The laws have been there for long. You can’t operate illegally in the open. Used to be coded stuffs. Cbn controls lending rate or margin. With these guys no cbn inputs its as they like

5 Likes

Re: FG Orders Google, Apple To Deactivate ‘illegal’ Online Banks, Loan Apps by Salihusaliheen(m): 10:03pm On Mar 14, 2022
Ademola47:

Dem no sabi manage their bizness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

ICPC Arrests Woman Selling New Naira Notes (Photo) / Pady Adenuga: "I Got Engaged Twice In 2 Years, I Couldn't Marry Any Of Them" / A Nigerian Packages Garri, Kulikuli, Sugar And Groundnut Together To Sell (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.