Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died (50788 Views)

Say No To That Blood Transfusion!!! I Know Something That Can Help You. DM Now. / Lagos Govt, Jehovah’s Witnesses Clash Over Blood Transfusion For Baby (PHOTOS) / Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Treadway: 5:31pm On Mar 15, 2022
cococandy:
Was he a Jehovah’s witness as well?
If yes then he probably already had that conversation with her and they agreed that neither of them or their kids would get blood under any circumstances

If he wasn’t a Jehovah’s Witness, then she’s wrong and the family can sue her for damages

Many have echoed your conclusion here, but it is not entirely correct. If the family really wants to take her up, she is in serious trouble. The point/fact is how does she PROVE that the husband consented to her not allowing transfusion under any cirscumstance? The laws of the country tho shambolic is still weightier than any gaddem doctrine, and I can tell you not all jw follow all the rules all the time. She is in soup, unless she is lucky to escape the wrath of her in-laws somehow. If it was someone who wasn't of age eg their child, that can hold water, but for a full grown man she would have to prove explicitly that he was on board with the plan, but she can't cos he is dead as a door nail

Modified: I just saw you used the word 'probably', which def suffices
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by aribisala0(m): 5:31pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kajaard:

I do the same as well. They are extremely weird people.
Serena Williams is really weird

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by sanpipita(m): 5:32pm On Mar 15, 2022
The man is a Jehovah witness, he would have taken same decision, why blame the wife, I had a distant uncle who died this way, it was even his choice

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Seunfunmi18(m): 5:32pm On Mar 15, 2022
Are you in need of Cctv installation and maintenance? Access control installation and maintenance?
Electric Fence installation and maintenance?.
Look no more, we're here to serve you.
Our contact details are 08074020293, 09136350124

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 5:32pm On Mar 15, 2022
aribisala0:
Which Law?
Have you ever considered Brushing up on the reality of marriage Law in Nigeria ? undecided
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Lexusgs430: 5:32pm On Mar 15, 2022
In the best interest of the patient, the Hospital should have revoked her NOK status and acted in the best interest of their patient..........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Britishpea: 5:32pm On Mar 15, 2022
If they are aware that the husband shared the same faith with the wife before his demise, they should free the woman. It is their faith and he should go and face his creator and explain why they don’t take blood during ailment that requires it but some of them can fornicate fornicate like dogs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Handsum64: 5:33pm On Mar 15, 2022
There is location or place related

Their is human and people or living things related

I tire for Nigeria English teachers for this generation
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by msrcusgarvey6(m): 5:33pm On Mar 15, 2022
Death is death.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Johnbullirabor7(m): 5:33pm On Mar 15, 2022
So sad
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by BanmiSu3: 5:33pm On Mar 15, 2022
Jsbns
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Verysmart101: 5:33pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
The woman was married to the man at the time of his death, so there is technically nothing wrong with what she did. undecided

Being in charge of the bills does not give one legal guardianship so the in-laws are wrong in assuming they should have been consulted on the matter. So the in-laws should probably work on accepting their loss and moving on from this. undecided

You are a very big fool for your comment.How can u joke with ur husbands life because of church doctrine? Are u for real? God will surely judge both of u fools

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 15, 2022
These witness fellas will never tell you how many failed Armageddon calculation their cult leader made back then. Confused lot
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by descartes400: 5:34pm On Mar 15, 2022
NoToPile:

Since the guy is a Jehovah witness then he most likely had such beliefs and I belive the wife was upholding his beleiefs.

Are you saying that he cannot change or adapt his belief in the face of superior medical advice when faced with death and life situation?

By bringing the patient to the hospital and not the church, you have left the realm of religion to medical science therefore the edits of medical practice must applied for the sustenance of life and not some religious beliefs

In medical practice, an unconscious patient cannot give an informed consent therefore requiring doctor's intervention in this situation.
The fact is, Medical science or practice requires blood transfusion in order to sustain his life given that the surgery was successful but the doctor due to his negligence and wife's religious belief led to the man's death! How could the doctor allow the wife's religious belief to take the front burner over what was purely a medical decision?
HOW? angry
WHY? angry

4 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 5:34pm On Mar 15, 2022
Britishpea:

What are you talking about There is no law that places spouse over family in case of healthcare decisions, on their spouses.
Some medical facilities can only decide to lift the spouse a step ahead of the family in hierarchy but no law stipulates that. Family only respects the tradition of marriages in terms of such decisions. Yes a wife or husband can take whatever decision by him/herself and no one can castigate her or him for doing same way no law can castigate family’ if they do same.
Medical facilities can do circumvent the Law how? By what power abeg? undecided

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by MPESA(m): 5:35pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
The woman was married to the man at the time of his death, so there is technically nothing wrong with what she did. undecided

Being in charge of the bills does not give one legal guardianship so the in-laws are wrong in assuming they should have been consulted on the matter. So the in-laws should probably work on accepting their loss and moving on from this. undecided

TRASH.
She should have buried him without consulting his family as well.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by veektor01(m): 5:35pm On Mar 15, 2022
I see.
But she could get them involved in the payment yeah?.
Kobojunkiee:
Why would she have to consult those who are considered infidels by the JW cult standard in such thing when even the law does not mandate she communicate these things to them. undecided

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Elliot442(m): 5:35pm On Mar 15, 2022
What is the difference between this blood transfusion and blood oath (cultism).

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Akinpresident: 5:35pm On Mar 15, 2022
No JW is compelled not to take blood. I know them very well. It's a personal decision of each JW based on their conscience. Even if someone goes ahead and take a transfusion, it doesn't mean they're no longer JW. It's an individual thing.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by IamAsiri: 5:36pm On Mar 15, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

The stupid wife killed person pikin bi that. She stupidily killed the man, how could she sign such an agreenebt without d consent of d inlaw, if na my sister, i go still tell am say na she kill d husband

You will be surprised that she might get married next month, to another JW brought to her by their leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by mauchiz: 5:36pm On Mar 15, 2022
foolbuster:

This is a case of manslaughter. The husband's family should sue( or maybe not if she has kids) but she deserves to serve some jail time. if she can let her husband die because of her faith, she should also have no problem serving jail time because of her faith too.

I don't know what this people have turned Christianity into, jesus saved lives.
Who is the good samaritan?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Sanchez01: 5:36pm On Mar 15, 2022
Something similar happened years back. An elder from my church gave his daughter to a JW fine chap and she almost passed away during labour owing to complications. The doctors informed the man he needed to go and buy blood to keep her alive, Oga said it was against his faith.

Fortunately for the elder, one of the doctors know him personally so he called him and told him of the development over the phone. Elder stormed the hospital late in the night in a short, and in the company of his wife, some of their children and some church members. JW chap received multiple slaps that night but still insisted transfusion would not happen as they were married.

Elder ordered one of his sons to get blood on credit in the hospital blood Bank. Luckily, the doctor's note to the bank saved the lady. JW chap thanked his god later, claiming it willed him to have kept her alive.

Elder took his daughter and grandchild home, and told JW's family that they were no longer interested in the marriage and that it was off.

4 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by JONNYSPUTE(m): 5:36pm On Mar 15, 2022
Gaddafi1:

Doctors don't carry out surgery without making sure of the availability of standby blood. Please check the story again from LUTH and feed us with the correct information.
.... Very correct
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 5:36pm On Mar 15, 2022
UMUAZEE:
You don't know what you are talking about. Being married to someone doesn't give you the right to deny them the right to live. Her decision basically killed the husband when he could have easily survived. In western world she is going to jail.

Please think well before you write rubbish make i too know no go kill you or somebody close to you.
Deny them right to what not? Do you understand this issue at all? undecided

The women upheld the man's own JW, kind of like his will in all of this, and you say what now? undecided

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by OpokuAfrica(m): 5:37pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Why would she have to consult those who are considered infidels by the JW cult standard in such thing when even the law does not mandate she communicate these things to them. undecided
J.W isnt a cult. Perhaps not accepting blood transfusions is also their way of understanding the Bible. We have several extreme beliefs of various churches, all who claim are base on the Bible. Besides, it could be that, that’s the man’s end and necessary not because of the transfusion he didn’t get. Last two years, my uncle died whilst still on transfusion drip

5 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Donphilex(m): 5:37pm On Mar 15, 2022
Lexusgs430:
In the best interest of the patient, the Hospital should have revoked her NOK status and acted in the best interest of their patient..........

It’s never done that way the hospital has to respect the medical choice of their patients if not they could be liable
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Datikwerreboi(m): 5:37pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
[s]The woman was married to the man at the time of his death, so there is technically nothing wrong with what she did. undecided

Being in charge of the bills does not give one legal guardianship so the in-laws are wrong in assuming they should have been consulted on the matter. So the in-laws should probably work on accepting their loss and moving on from this[/s]. undecided
Typing trash as usual. The law only gives the man himself the consent to take such a decision. Whereby he is incapacitated,the doctors are allowed to transfuse him. Read before coming to type trash from your anal smelly hole undecided

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by CoronaVirusPro: 5:37pm On Mar 15, 2022
I will have to eat that woman with ketchup and fries before I can be appeased.

What a foolish religion and doctrine!

Even the white man that gave you religion is not foolish, how come Africans choose to be extremely foolish.

The moment they started telling you a man in Israel died for your sins in Africa, It was the greatest foolishness Africans ever fell for!

Now where is the god she is serving? Descending from heaven?
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by seyz91(m): 5:37pm On Mar 15, 2022
For mentioning the movie "designated survivor"
tells you know whatsup
LordIsaac:
This Jehovah witness sef. I saw the scene of one in the movie, "Designated Survivor," and I shuddered at the extremities of man's belief.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by assholemods: 5:37pm On Mar 15, 2022
longetivity:
That is how one Jehovah witness woman died one time in my area because she didn't go to the hospital for treatment when she was seriously sick. Bunch of ignorant mfs
She didn't go to hospital? Or she didn't accept blood at the hospital? U sabi lie sha! Jehovah's witnesses do go to hospitals.. some of them are even Doctors, nurses.. etc Re write your comment and stop the lies!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Keff40: 5:37pm On Mar 15, 2022
I will not blame the wife, rather the Quark Dr.should be arrested immediately.
It's professionally espexted of him to have secured blood for transfusion after the surgery, or to make sure the family of the deseased husband is properly informed.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Eryyy92: 5:37pm On Mar 15, 2022
The woman should be held liable because the deceased husband wasn't a minor and as such, she has no right to decide whether there won't be any blood transfusion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) / Doctor Uchenna Nwosu's Hot Body (photos) / COVID-19: Professor Otegbayo Jesse Tests Positive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.