Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,985 members, 7,814,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' (59349 Views)

War: Ukraine Will Not Join NATO – Zelensky / Zelensky Says Millions Of People Could Die If World Does Not 'close The Sky' / Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by fredoooooo: 10:38pm On Mar 15, 2022
Oga wan negotiate now that dem don push you inside fire ... nonsense and Us grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by Cyriloha(m): 10:38pm On Mar 15, 2022
SarkinYarki:
Joe Biden is a criminal

All westerns are criminals
UK and USA tivssss
Thank God for using Putin to save Ukraine in a hard way

3 Likes

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by IamPatriotic(m): 10:41pm On Mar 15, 2022
zoedew:
TRUTH IS, RUSSIA WILL END PAYING TO HAVE UKRAINE REBUILT. THE WEST WILL COMPEL RUSSIA TO DO SO. THE WEST ALREADY HAS RUSSIAN ASSETS SEIZED TO HAVE THAT DONE- HALF OF RUSSIAN SOVEREIGN FUNDS. RUSSIAN ECONOMY IS NOT RECOVERING IN 50 YEARS FROM THE DAMAGE DAILY BEING INFLICTED ON THE SYSTEM BY SANCTIONS INDUCED BY THE INVASION. PUTIN DIDN'T GET THIS RIGHT. RUSSIA SHOULD HAVE USED COVERT MEASURES TO HAVE UKRAINE IN LINE. RUSSIAN CONCERNS ARE WELL UNDERSTOOD ALL THINGS CONSIDERED.

You're talking ignorantly, as if Russia na Senegal or the Gambia. Russia that may not pay a penny out of their international debts. You obviously don't know what they called World power. Russia na America mate, forget about allies and United nations

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by bluefilm: 10:42pm On Mar 15, 2022
This man is nothing but just a trouble maker

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 15, 2022
MonkeyMods:
He must be a Yoruba man. Coward

Enjoy the ban
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by Seankhalifa: 10:47pm On Mar 15, 2022
No Nigerian leaders can fight for dia country d way putin does
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by Bigchristo: 10:48pm On Mar 15, 2022
Relyon:
Russia should show their own commitment by ceasing their assault on kyiv
They can not ceasefire until agreement has been signed by both parties, if Russia ceasefire now the west will find a easy passage to supply weapons to Ukraine to keep resisting Vladimir Putin is too smart to be captured with common words the Ukrainian president has been the problem all along for listening to US and EU, I am glad he is gradually coming back to his senses

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by gaskiyamagana: 10:48pm On Mar 15, 2022
Relyon:
Let Ukraine write it boldly and say it loudly "Russia we accept the demand not to join NATO for ever and ever".

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by hayzed19(m): 10:48pm On Mar 15, 2022
Smaller countries are merely a pawn in UN big 5 chess game

2 Likes

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by ictplotter(m): 10:49pm On Mar 15, 2022
I thought is only Africa that have stupid and mentally sick leaders . Till i meet this Ukrainian president.
I swear our idiotic president Buhari is still far better than this comedian president called Zelenskyy.

4 Likes

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by dappydozzy(m): 10:51pm On Mar 15, 2022
Rexymania:
This is stupidity. Putin and some analyst told him before now that Ukraine can never be a part of NATO but he played dumb! Now see where it has led him and his beloved country.

Before zelensky did not come out clear on NATO issue, In January, there were high level talks between NATO, Russian military leaders and Russian foreign minister, but NATO could not give Russia guarantees that Ukraine will not join NATO, which actually led to the actual invasion. The invasion could have being averted, though

3 Likes

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by Befii: 10:52pm On Mar 15, 2022
Sure.
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by Jeromejnr(m): 10:53pm On Mar 15, 2022
Drienzia:
It is true that every sovereign Nation has the right to be part of any association they deem fit, However while at it, they must not do so, so much as to affect their neighbor. This is because , where one’s right ends, that’s where the right of another begins. Even the S.40 CFRN 1999, which provided for freedom of association also subjected the rights under the section to S.45 CFRN 1999. We all know that allowing Ukraine to join NATO will bring security threat to Russia and in all reasonability, it is only wise for Putin to act as much as he could to prevent such. No one is preventing Ukraine from joining any international organization, but they must not do so as to affect their neighbor(Russia), same way the United States Government wouldn't be comfortable with a Russia military base in Mexico under the guise of “international association”.

If I have a neighbor adjacent to my house, who happens to bring armed men which are unknown to law to the vicinity or breeds dogs that are capable of causing grievous bodily harm on people without proper prevention from escaping, I definitely will be uncomfortable(for my safety and that of my family) and would report such to the appropriate authorities or do all I can to abate it, not necessarily because I don’t want my neighbor to bring his friends around nor am I against him owning a dog, but because he must not do so as to affect my right. Where Mr A’s right ends, that’s where Mr B’s right begins.

Finally, someone with sense.

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by olamike02: 10:54pm On Mar 15, 2022
MajorOvakporaye:
Zelensky knows very well that the military power of his country does not and can never match that of Russia. He is also aware that NATO, the US and Britain under two idiots called Biden and Boris can't help him win any battle but foolish idiotic amala and ewedu overnight war analysts won't allow us to rest on this forum
Spot on.

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by dru23(m): 10:54pm On Mar 15, 2022
zumbigbo:
See as the world be.... Russia own Ukraine...England own Nigeria, France own Ivory Coast, Fulani own Hausa

Own Nigeria and everything that belongs to it
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by lebete3000: 10:55pm On Mar 15, 2022
peacettw:
A pity.

I learnt some important lessons from this.

Never trust anyone goading you to a fight..

Not all fights must be fought. Sometimes just backing away and playing the fool may be the wisest decision. Look at China for reference

If you must engage in a fight, be sure to make some serious dent otherwise don't bother. It's not bravado if you are getting maimed.

Never trust the west
Never trust the west
Never trust the west

Build up your military might until you are regarded as a bonafide threat to all mankind. Apparently, the world now respects that.

Quite shameful.

I bet Ukraine would start amassing nuclear warheads from now...

NATO don teach them lesson...
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by Bigchristo: 10:56pm On Mar 15, 2022
zoedew:
TRUTH IS, RUSSIA WILL END PAYING TO HAVE UKRAINE REBUILT. THE WEST WILL COMPEL RUSSIA TO DO SO. THE WEST ALREADY HAS RUSSIAN ASSETS SEIZED TO HAVE THAT DONE- HALF OF RUSSIAN SOVEREIGN FUNDS. RUSSIAN ECONOMY IS NOT RECOVERING IN 50 YEARS FROM THE DAMAGE DAILY BEING INFLICTED ON THE SYSTEM BY SANCTIONS INDUCED BY THE INVASION. PUTIN DIDN'T GET THIS RIGHT. RUSSIA SHOULD HAVE USED COVERT MEASURES TO HAVE UKRAINE IN LINE. RUSSIAN CONCERNS ARE WELL UNDERSTOOD ALL THINGS CONSIDERED.
Please stop saying what you don’t know, have they compelled the US to rebuild Afghanistan? After destroying it for almost 20yrs there’s nothing like compelling Russia to build Ukraine this is war and they’ve been warned before hand of the consequences of their action of trying to join NATO, keep that assumption inside your back pocket
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by Deepthoughts: 10:56pm On Mar 15, 2022
MajorOvakporaye:
Zelensky knows very well that the military power of his country does not and can never match that of Russia. He is also aware that NATO, the US and Britain under two idiots called Biden and Boris can't help him win any battle but foolish idiotic amala and ewedu overnight war analysts won't allow us to rest on this forum
NATO never promise to fight for Ukraine, NATO was only trying to accept Ukraine's request for membership but that attempt has always been sabotage by Russia using the Russian population and politicians in eastern Ukraine, Ukraine was only desperate to free herself from Russian tyranny n dominance,they may loss now but Russians shouldn't think they have won over the souls of the ukrainians.
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by gaskiyamagana: 10:57pm On Mar 15, 2022
Yeyeoldman:
The only lesson learnt from this war is that Nigerians don't understand what patriotism means. Vladimir Putin did what has to be done to preserve Russia. Our leaders have failed us for too long in this country that the average Nigerian don't even know what it means to pay certain prices and sacrifices for the greater good.
I forgive everyone who insulted me on this forum for stating the obvious. Now you have all been disappointed by US/NATO. How do you feel hearing those words from the president of Ukraine. Nairaland Warriors do you know better than Zelensky? Though am not religious, but there is a part of the bible that gets my attention each time I read it. It says "Wisdom is profitable to direct".
This war was unnecessary and avoidable. Putin have been screaming since 2014 after the fall of Viktor Yanukovych's government that was violently toppled by a US/EU instigated coup in Ukraine.
I am appealing to the Nigeria government to declare a state of emergency in the Education sector. This Ukraine war really revealed a lot about our youths and how daft they have become. Something have to be done about the rise of WAEC miracle center and the endless ASUU strike.

" The Ukraine War really revealed a lot about our youths and how daft they have become"
Thanks for this observation.

7 Likes

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by mvem(m): 10:57pm On Mar 15, 2022
jaxxy:

Favoring Russia who’s economy is crumbling faster than the speed of sound?? undecided
what comes after is all that matters...they knew the sanctions will surely come and sanctions are never permanent. When they get what they want things will return to normalcy as usual

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by staga: 10:58pm On Mar 15, 2022
Zelensky needs to accept the situation FAST before his country becomes an absolute wasteland.
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by NGArmyTerrorist: 11:01pm On Mar 15, 2022
The useless boy can go and collect commando noble fake prize from terrorist US! But, as it is now; Putin will level everywhere and he will either kill this comedian, or capture him unless he will run to US.
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by Techguy96(m): 11:02pm On Mar 15, 2022
Oddfinder:

Ode
Keep wailing for ur masters.
Russia wii pay to rebuild Ukraine oshi
They will actually, even if the war ends today the sanctions in Russia will still remain, they will seat n discuss how to rebuild and settle Ukrainian citizens.

This is one reason they froze Russia foreign reserve of about 300 billion dollars.

Some portion of that money will be going to Ukraine not Russia.
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by Techguy96(m): 11:04pm On Mar 15, 2022
mvem:
what comes after is all that matters...they knew the sanctions will surely come and sanctions are never permanent. When they get what they want things will return to normalcy as usual
U think the sanctions will be lifted just like that, they will have to undo most of the damage they have caused before the sanctions will be lifted.
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by hammer567: 11:06pm On Mar 15, 2022
ZELENSKY IS A BASTARD?

SO AFTER SO MANY MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN PERISH, IT IS NOW HE KNOWS NATO IS A BAD IDEA?

IT IS NOW, HE KNOWS TO JOIN GANG ABI NA CULT NO GOOD?

I COULD HAVE TOLD HIM THAT EVEN BEFOR THE WAR STARTED FOR FREE BUT WOULD HE HAVE LISTENED?

NOW THE TROOPS HAVE REACHED THE CAPITAL CITY, HE IS TRYING TO SAVE HIS LIFE.
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by Help2020: 11:07pm On Mar 15, 2022
zoedew:
RUSSIA ECONOMY IS NOT RECOVERING IN 50 YEARS? SHEY YOU DEY RUSSIA OR NAN RUSSIANS TELL YOU THIS?

2 Likes

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by maasoap(m): 11:08pm On Mar 15, 2022
Relyon:

Without official signing of papers? Lol.
The same way USA and NATO claimed that there was no official paper on agreement preventing Russia neighbours from joining NATO is the same way Zelensky would deny this later
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by TheiaTalks: 11:08pm On Mar 15, 2022
Drienzia:
It is true that every sovereign Nation has the right to be part of any association they deem fit, However while at it, they must not do so, so much as to affect their neighbor. This is because , where one’s right ends, that’s where the right of another begins. Even the S.40 CFRN 1999, which provided for freedom of association also subjected the rights under the section to S.45 CFRN 1999. We all know that allowing Ukraine to join NATO will bring security threat to Russia and in all reasonability, it is only wise for Putin to act as much as he could to prevent such. No one is preventing Ukraine from joining any international organization, but they must not do so as to affect their neighbor(Russia), same way the United States Government wouldn't be comfortable with a Russia military base in Mexico under the guise of “international association”.

If I have a neighbor adjacent to my house, who happens to bring armed men which are unknown to law to the vicinity or breeds dogs that are capable of causing grievous bodily harm on people without proper prevention from escaping, I definitely will be uncomfortable(for my safety and that of my family) and would report such to the appropriate authorities or do all I can to abate it, not necessarily because I don’t want my neighbor to bring his friends around nor am I against him owning a dog, but because he must not do so as to affect my right. Where Mr A’s right ends, that’s where Mr B’s right begins.

You're a lawyer? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by Legendoo: 11:08pm On Mar 15, 2022
What blacks don't understand

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by hammer567: 11:09pm On Mar 15, 2022
'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Queen Elizabeth II Dies, Aged 96 / Russian Troops Are Raping Women In Ukraine - Dmytro Kuleba (Foreign Minister) / Cyclone Amphan Tears Into India, Bangladesh, 5 Dead (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.