Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,063 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' (59382 Views)

War: Ukraine Will Not Join NATO – Zelensky / Zelensky Says Millions Of People Could Die If World Does Not 'close The Sky' / Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by MonkeyMods(m): 7:54am On Mar 16, 2022
Reinaldo:

Enjoy the ban

I dont understand
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by Geeworldwide: 8:15am On Mar 16, 2022
MajorOvakporaye:
Zelensky knows very well that the military power of his country does not and can never match that of Russia. He is also aware that NATO, the US and Britain under two idiots called Biden and Boris can't help him win any battle but foolish idiotic amala and ewedu overnight war analysts won't allow us to rest on this forum

And u will never rest..
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by 24brains(m): 8:29am On Mar 16, 2022
hammer567:

IN WORST CASE SENARIO, RUSSIA WILL LEVEL KYIV AND AMERICA WILL ANNOUNCE MORE SANCTION.

HIGHEST!
gbamsolutely!!! You gerit
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by komekn(m): 8:57am On Mar 16, 2022
MajorOvakporaye:
Zelensky knows very well that the military power of his country does not and can never match that of Russia. He is also aware that NATO, the US and Britain under two idiots called Biden and Boris can't help him win any battle but foolish idiotic amala and ewedu overnight war analysts won't allow us to rest on this forum

The myth of the big powerful Russian Bear has been exposed. Russia as a modern day military power is an illusion.

Ukraine with its limited resources has been able to resist and overcome the Russian invasion. 3 weeks and Russian has not been able to capture one major city.

They have lost over 12,000 soldiers ,tiey have lost more soldiers in three weeks than they lost in decades of war with Afghanistan and in Chechenya.

Russian soldiers are deserting, surrendering and or refusing to carry out war crimes by carrying out killings and bombing of innocent civilians.

Russian air force planes and helicopters are getting shot down regularly. Over 6 very senior Generals have been killed in action.

Russia is now carrying out an indiscriminate bombing, scorched earth policy bombing cities into rubble snd killing civilians, who are the people they came to liberate ❓and from what it's a blatant WAR CRIME.

Russia has already lost this war that it cannot win.

The Russian economy is already in default they are now begging China for weapons see how the mighty have fallen. Even if China agrees how will they pay
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by komekn(m): 9:01am On Mar 16, 2022
hammer567:

IN WORST CASE SENARIO, RUSSIA WILL LEVEL KYIV AND AMERICA WILL ANNOUNCE MORE SANCTION.

HIGHEST!

That my learned friend is not war that is GENOCIDE.

There is an aspect of this war that Ukraine has not brought in , and we pray it does not. Ukraine has ICBM how many have nuclear warheads we simply don't know. It was assumed they handed them all back to Russia ❓❓❓

Let Russia be very cautious.
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by Invitationn: 9:20am On Mar 16, 2022
Relyon:
Russia should show their own commitment by ceasing their assault on kyiv
That's probably the least of Putin's worries right now.
And, that's not even a commitment yet from Zelensky.
Russia's worry now is how to make a deal to get these sanctions lifted.
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by Invitationn: 9:22am On Mar 16, 2022
komekn:

That my learned friend is not war that is GENOCIDE.

There is an aspect of this war that Ukraine has not brought in , and we pray it does not. Ukraine has ICBM how many have nuclear warheads we simply don't know. It was assumed they handed them all back to Russia ❓❓❓

Let Russia be very cautious.
They have come again with their ridiculous theories and fabrications.

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by Invitationn: 9:30am On Mar 16, 2022
peacettw:
A pity.

I learnt some very important lessons from this.

Never trust anyone goading you into a fight..

Not all fights must be fought. Sometimes just backing away and playing the fool may be the wisest decision. Consider China as a reference

If you must engage in a fight, be sure to inflict some serious dent otherwise don't bother. It's not bravado if you are getting maimed.

Never trust the west
Never trust the west
Never trust the west

Build up your military might until you are regarded as a bonafide threat to all mankind. Apparently, the world respects that now.

Quite shameful.

Well, I blame Zelensky instead of the West.
The West never gave him any guarantee that they'll intervene directly and if he was smart, he should know that Russia is not some tiny country anyone can bully.
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by BRATISLAVA: 9:41am On Mar 16, 2022
You'd be surprised the comrades for Ukraine are the same ones with different monikers as the first few comments. Why?
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by winner37(m): 9:42am On Mar 16, 2022
After all the up and downs he realised now. hmmm life is very difficult for the blind.
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by Wuppdex: 11:10am On Mar 16, 2022
After many lives lost and so much pain and destruction, the comedian now stating the assurance Putin needs to avert war, human and ego sometimes, Russia closing in on Kyiv and the clown now want peace, the Ukrainian people should hold this sell out western stooge accountable for the destruction of their home �
Rexymania:
This is stupidity. Putin and some analyst told him before now that Ukraine can never be a part of NATO but he played dumb! Now see where it has led him and his beloved country.

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by Techguy96(m): 11:57am On Mar 16, 2022
caye:

Never underestimate the powers of disinformationists and CNN/BBC drug addicts.
No news media has even talk about the oil discovery in Ukraine, I don't watch BBC and CNN.

If u actually think Russia invaded Ukraine because they wanted to join NATO then why didn't Russia invade latvia and Lithuania which share border with them and are members of NATO.
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by okoroemeka(m): 1:07pm On Mar 16, 2022
SarkinYarki:
Joe Biden is a criminal
you don't understand what it means to be a leader,most decisions are not based on sentiments or emotions but hard fact and reality,that Ukrainian president is to blame for escalating the war,it is very evident that he has not studied the act of war by sun tzu,it is madness to go upon a war that you and your general know is a lost cause but a suicide mission,why giving Russia the opportunity to attack when he knows this statement can stop the invasion 3 weeks ago,how many has to die,how many are displaced and infrastructure destroyed,America said it loud clear and categorically vivd that they will not commit boots on the ground even before the invasion started,is the Ukrainian president depending on emotion and sentimental blackmail to commit America into a war with Russia,for what reason?to satisfy his ego?I don't know why you are calling president Biden a criminal but the leader that avoids war with Russia is the smart leader,very smart president.
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by tsmat(m): 2:16pm On Mar 16, 2022
zoedew:
TRUTH IS, RUSSIA WILL END UP
PAYING TO HAVE UKRAINE REBUILT. THE WEST WILL COMPEL RUSSIA TO DO SO. THE WEST ALREADY HAS RUSSIAN ASSETS SEIZED TO HAVE THAT DONE- HALF OF RUSSIAN SOVEREIGN FUNDS. RUSSIAN ECONOMY IS NOT RECOVERING IN 50 YEARS FROM THE DAMAGE DAILY BEING INFLICTED ON THE SYSTEM BY SANCTIONS INDUCED BY THE INVASION. PUTIN DIDN'T GET THIS RIGHT. RUSSIA SHOULD HAVE USED COVERT MEASURES TO HAVE UKRAINE IN LINE. RUSSIAN CONCERNS ARE WELL UNDERSTOOD ALL THINGS CONSIDERED.

All in an attempt to be seen. Y'all will just open mouth and spill rubbish. Russia Economy will not recover in 50 years. Rubbish
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by zoedew: 2:23pm On Mar 16, 2022
tsmat:

All in an attempt to be seen. Y'all will just open mouth and spill rubbish. Russia Economy will not recover in 50 years. Rubbish
Engage decently.
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by MrBONE2(m): 3:35pm On Mar 16, 2022
MajorOvakporaye:

Tell them SiSi grin
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 4:22pm On Mar 16, 2022
shogsman:

You're a very slow individual if you think Russia will not recover from this in a jiffy,do you people even understand how international relations work,a country is forming new alliances with countries that control more than 50% of the world's economy and you're saying rum, china just signed a $150b oil deal with Russia a month ago, UAE, India,Saudi, china europe still paying them billions of Dollars daily for Thier oil, you clowns really think putin didn't see the obvious coming.
The west don't have half of Thier foreigns fund by the way, they just don't have Access to it's at the moment and the west won't dare touch it too. Read up

These western bots everything ends with CNN analysis. You shouldn’t have replied the ignoramus.

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by MajorOvakporaye(f): 5:51pm On Mar 16, 2022
loswhite:

So if China threatens our sovereignty today we should just hand over the country without resistance right? It is amazing how you guys choose to be deliberately stupid. Russia only used NATO as a reason to invade Ukraine.

LOOK FOR IGNORANT AND JOBLESS PEOPLE LIKE YOU TO ARGUE WITH. I DON'T DEBATE WITH NONENTITIES
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by loswhite(m): 7:48pm On Mar 16, 2022
MajorOvakporaye:

LOOK FOR IGNORANT AND JOBLESS PEOPLE LIKE YOU TO ARGUE WITH. I DON'T DEBATE WITH NONENTITIES
I don't debate with Goats
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by bizzibodi(m): 7:51pm On Mar 16, 2022
If you don't want your enemy as your neighbour make him your friend.....what even stop Russian from joining NATO,then NATO will be rendered lame.
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by PrincessDiana: 8:35pm On Mar 16, 2022
Please stop believing Western media or internet blogs.
Russia owns 25% of the world's gas reserve, followed by Iran and Qatar,US is 4th with just about 5%. Russia produce 685BCM/annum and the estimated quantity of Ukraine's gas in black sea (unprospected) is 500BCM.

Russia has no interest in Ukraine natural resources.
Techguy96:

This war is beyond Ukraine joining NATO, in 2012 major oil reserves was discovered around Ukraine.

Ukraine also sign a deal with shell and exon mobi for oil exploration, this will make Ukraine become a major competitor to Russia.

The west will rather do oil deal with Ukraine than Russia.

Russia survive on oil exportation to other European countries, with the oil discovered in Ukraine, they are threatening the very survival of Russia.

This is the pure reason for the invasion, some of the reserve was discovered in crimea this was why Russia first invaded and captured Crimea but Ukraine block major water supply to crimea which is seriously affecting Crimea, Russia is extending their invasion into Ukraine so they could solve the water issue in crimea at the same time cover more oil reserve in Ukraine.

This is the whole truth behind the war, Ukraine has not even made a request to join NATO since 2008. Saying they invaded Ukraine because they want to join NATO is a big fat lie by Putin, it's all about the oil and the economy of Russia.
Putin don't want Ukraine to be their competitor.
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by PrincessDiana: 8:40pm On Mar 16, 2022
Maybe because our leaders know that Nigerians will support US against their own country

Seankhalifa:
No Nigerian leaders can fight for dia country d way putin does
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by PrincessDiana: 8:44pm On Mar 16, 2022
Thank you!!!!!
Drienzia:
It is true that every sovereign Nation has the right to be part of any association they deem fit, However while at it, they must not do so, so much as to affect their neighbor. This is because , where one’s right ends, that’s where the right of another begins. Even the S.40 CFRN 1999, which provided for freedom of association also subjected the rights under the section to S.45 CFRN 1999. We all know that allowing Ukraine to join NATO will bring security threat to Russia and in all reasonability, it is only wise for Putin to act as much as he could to prevent such. No one is preventing Ukraine from joining any international organization, but they must not do so as to affect their neighbor(Russia), same way the United States Government wouldn't be comfortable with a Russia military base in Mexico under the guise of “international association”.

If I have a neighbor adjacent to my house, who happens to bring armed men which are unknown to law to the vicinity or breeds dogs that are capable of causing grievous bodily harm on people without proper prevention from escaping, I definitely will be uncomfortable(for my safety and that of my family) and would report such to the appropriate authorities or do all I can to abate it, not necessarily because I don’t want my neighbor to bring his friends around nor am I against him owning a dog, but because he must not do so as to affect my right. Where Mr A’s right ends, that’s where Mr B’s right begins.
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by Techguy96(m): 8:49pm On Mar 16, 2022
PrincessDiana:
Please stop believing Western media or internet blogs.
Russia owns 25% of the world's gas reserve, followed by Iran and Qatar,US is 4th with just about 5%. Russia produce 685BCM/annum and the estimated quantity of Ukraine's gas in black sea (unprospected) is 500BCM.

Russia has no interest in Ukraine natural resources.
What western media has actually discuss oil being the reason for Russia invading Ukraine?

Infact no one is talking about the discovery of oil in Ukraine as the reason for Russia invading Ukraine.

I don't even watch news this days whether western media or Russia Media. I came to ghe conclusion that this is the reason Russia is invading Ukraine from my own investigation.

Mind you Russia economy is just about the same size with Spain, it's not that big compared to other world powers. 50 percent of Russia GDP is from sales of oil.
Russia heavily depends on the exportation of oil from the survival of their economy, Ukraine annexing it's oil would definitely affect Russia economy in a negative way.
If u believe Russia doesn't have interest in Ukraine resources then u are naive.
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by Caseless: 4:15am On Mar 17, 2022
babajero:
But at least Ukraine has disgraced Russia these past weeks, exposing their weakness to the world.
see mumu.
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by Caseless: 4:19am On Mar 17, 2022
bizzibodi:
If you don't want your enemy as your neighbour make him your friend.....what even stop Russian from joining NATO,then NATO will be rendered lame.
NATO was created to keep America in, Germany down and Russia out.
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by babajero(m): 8:21am On Mar 17, 2022
Caseless:
see mumu.
You know sometimes I wonder if Muslims are just stupid or is it just because of the junk loaded into your head from the Quran through the Imam, that makes you hate filled and tastes for blood everytime.
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by bizzibodi(m): 9:40am On Mar 17, 2022
Caseless:
NATO was created to keep America in, Germany down and Russia out.
I know,let them permit Russia to join them it will be a win-win for all of them and mankind.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Cyclone Amphan Tears Into India, Bangladesh, 5 Dead (Graphic Photos) / Donald Trump Accused Of ‘plagiarising’ Obama’s Inauguration Cake (photos) / Queen Elizabeth II Dies, Aged 96

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.