Stats: 3,194,278 members, 7,954,099 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:21 PM

Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' (59896 Views)

War: Ukraine Will Not Join NATO – Zelensky / Zelensky Says Millions Of People Could Die If World Does Not 'close The Sky' / Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by 24brains(m): 11:41pm On Mar 15, 2022
maasoap:

Few months or years more, Ukraine would have become a member. May be you think Ukraine is the first Russia neighbour to be welcomed into NATO?
that's exactly what i said. The west playing on putin's intelligence through zelensky. Dude's going to join NATO years from now. Ukraine is already armed and prepared to take care of russia forces in kyiv.
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by mbhs139(m): 11:41pm On Mar 15, 2022
akinmusi:
Cele tan Selensky.

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by kiddkash(m): 11:43pm On Mar 15, 2022
fatlossdoctorr:

Not until the independence of Luhansk and Donekst is recognised, and the acceptance that Crimea is now part of Russia.
they should accept their independence, but will still be part of Ukraine. like Monaco and France, Chechnya and Russia
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by darediamond(m): 11:43pm On Mar 15, 2022
MonkeyMods:
He must be a Yoruba man. Coward
Andegarba!!! grin grin grin
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by hammer567: 11:43pm On Mar 15, 2022
24brains:
that's exactly what i said. The west playing on putin's intelligence through zelensky. Dude's going to join NATO years from now. Ukraine is already armed and prepared to take care of russia forces in kyiv.

IN WORST CASE SENARIO, RUSSIA WILL LEVEL KYIV AND AMERICA WILL ANNOUNCE MORE SANCTION.

HIGHEST!

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by Reflect7: 11:44pm On Mar 15, 2022
Yeyeoldman:
The only lesson learnt from this war is that Nigerians don't understand what patriotism means. Vladimir Putin did what has to be done to preserve Russia. Our leaders have failed us for too long in this country that the average Nigerian don't even know what it means to pay certain prices and sacrifices for the greater good.
I forgive everyone who insulted me on this forum for stating the obvious. Now you have all been disappointed by US/NATO. How do you feel hearing those words from the president of Ukraine. Nairaland Warriors do you know better than Zelensky? Though am not religious, but there is a part of the bible that gets my attention each time I read it. It says "Wisdom is profitable to direct".
This war was unnecessary and avoidable. Putin have been screaming since 2014 after the fall of Viktor Yanukovych's government that was violently toppled by a US/EU instigated coup in Ukraine.
I am appealing to the Nigeria government to declare a state of emergency in the Education sector. This Ukraine war really revealed a lot about our youths and how daft they have become. Something have to be done about the rise of WAEC miracle center and the endless ASUU strike.

My friend shut up with your Inferiority complex. Putin is no saint compared to Nigerian leaders. He is far more corrupt than any Nigerian leader past or present. He is reported to be the richest man on Earth, with estimates of his personal wealth reaching over a TRILLION dollars.

Russia is a kleptocracy with no democratic rule and no elections.

Millions of Russians live below the poverty line while Putin and his oligarch billionaire cronies buy mansions in the choicest parts of Dubai and London. And you're here talking rubbish about his 'patriotism'. He is not ''patriotic''. He is at most interested in maintaining the ruling class status quo of Russia which he sees Ukraine as a threat to. Has NOTHING to do with him loving the Russian people.

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by ayindejimmy(m): 11:45pm On Mar 15, 2022
Drienzia:
It is true that every sovereign Nation has the right to be part of any association they deem fit, However while at it, they must not do so, so much as to affect their neighbor. This is because , where one’s right ends, that’s where the right of another begins. Even the S.40 CFRN 1999, which provided for freedom of association also subjected the rights under the section to S.45 CFRN 1999. We all know that allowing Ukraine to join NATO will bring security threat to Russia and in all reasonability, it is only wise for Putin to act as much as he could to prevent such. No one is preventing Ukraine from joining any international organization, but they must not do so as to affect their neighbor(Russia), same way the United States Government wouldn't be comfortable with a Russia military base in Mexico under the guise of “international association”.

If I have a neighbor adjacent to my house, who happens to bring armed men which are unknown to law to the vicinity or breeds dogs that are capable of causing grievous bodily harm on people without proper prevention from escaping, I definitely will be uncomfortable(for my safety and that of my family) and would report such to the appropriate authorities or do all I can to abate it, not necessarily because I don’t want my neighbor to bring his friends around nor am I against him owning a dog, but because he must not do so as to affect my right. Where Mr A’s right ends, that’s where Mr B’s right begins.

This your narration is not apt because Ukraine had apply to join NATO since 2014 but not approved. They're not even in NATO at all.

You claimed you neighbour has a dog that might harm people in ur compound but you failed the part where your actions caused the neighbour to get the dog.
Ukraine had watched Russia take crimea from it, also supplying arm to agitator in their country and also threatening Norway, Finland and Czech Republic. And you say they should not try to defend themselves?
Does Russia worry about it's actions affecting it's neighbours?

See, your neighbour got a dog to defend himself from your aggressive nature towards other neighbours- including himself.

Is that clear enough?

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by jaxxy(m): 11:45pm On Mar 15, 2022
mvem:
what comes after is all that matters...they knew the sanctions will surely come and sanctions are never permanent. When they get what they want things will return to normalcy as usual

Sanctions are never fully lifted especially when issues are pending they stay on. Russia will suffer and Putin will regret It.
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by Kingsnairaland(m): 11:45pm On Mar 15, 2022
MajorOvakporaye:
Zelensky knows very well that the military power of his country does not and can never match that of Russia. He is also aware that NATO, the US and Britain under two idiots called Biden and Boris can't help him win any battle but foolish idiotic amala and ewedu overnight war analysts won't allow us to rest on this forum

Most people online telling Zelensky to fight when thiefs come to their home they hide under the bed.

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by kiddkash(m): 11:46pm On Mar 15, 2022
hammer567:

SPOT ON!

WEN I KNEW HE WAS A BASTARD, WAS WEN HE ORDERED FOR MEN BETWEEN THE AGE OF 16 AND 60 YEARS, ARE BAN FROM LEAVING THE COUNTRY.

ONLY THEIR WIFE, DAUGHTER AND MOTHERS WERE ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE COUNTRY.

THEY BASICALLY HANDED OVER THEIR WOMEN TO OTHER COUNTRIES.

SOME GO DONE ALREADY CARRY BELLE, WHILST THEIR FATHER, BROTHER, BOYFRIEND AND HUSBAND ARE FIGHTING SO ZELENSKY CAN REMAIN PRESIDENT.

AS THE FIGHT REACH ZELENSKY DOOR STEP FOR KYIV, HE NOW WANT TO END IT TO AVOID GETTING KILLED OR KIDNAPPED.
he even hides in his bunker

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by Owen247: 11:50pm On Mar 15, 2022
obinna58:
Had it been he had known early there wouldn't have been war at all, Nato pushed them to fight their rights but left them alone in time of difficulties
Trump wouldn't have allowed this in the first place cos he's a blunt person, he'll tell Zelensky what's coming for him should he developed such stupid mindset of joining nato. The difficult truth.

Russia is lesser evil compared to USA
My mind is telling me dat usa wants to check out russias current millitary power wit ukraine b4 a bout wit dem in d future.
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by msrcusgarvey6(m): 11:51pm On Mar 15, 2022
SOBBING or what sensible thing have you written?
zoedew:
TRUTH IS, RUSSIA WILL END PAYING TO HAVE UKRAINE REBUILT. THE WEST WILL COMPEL RUSSIA TO DO SO. THE WEST ALREADY HAS RUSSIAN ASSETS SEIZED TO HAVE THAT DONE- HALF OF RUSSIAN SOVEREIGN FUNDS. RUSSIAN ECONOMY IS NOT RECOVERING IN 50 YEARS FROM THE DAMAGE DAILY BEING INFLICTED ON THE SYSTEM BY SANCTIONS INDUCED BY THE INVASION. PUTIN DIDN'T GET THIS RIGHT. RUSSIA SHOULD HAVE USED COVERT MEASURES TO HAVE UKRAINE IN LINE. RUSSIAN CONCERNS ARE WELL UNDERSTOOD ALL THINGS CONSIDERED.
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by kiddkash(m): 11:52pm On Mar 15, 2022
maasoap:

I wouldn't disagree with you on that. But some Trump's fan boys are saying that he would have declared war on Russia by now.
No. Trump wouldn't. people think Trump is a fool, and I always ask them, his father left him $31 million and he turned it to $7 billion. can a fool do that?

give a fool $31 million and come back later, he will cry and say he was robbed. Trump knows how to speak to someone. there are times he will raise his temper and there are time he will mellow, but people don't understand that

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by darediamond(m): 11:53pm On Mar 15, 2022
leibish:
Good one. Please Putin end this war. We're not ready for it just yet.

If you need to register your business or company check out my profile for more info
CLICK-H-E-R-E
NOT even Coward USA and Britain is ready to dare RUSSIA "a nuclear power"

You wanna stop getting policed by Britain and USA?

If yes, BECOME A NUCLEAR POWER and they will both Start Respecting you.

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by Owen247: 11:54pm On Mar 15, 2022
Reflect7:

My friend shut up with your Inferiority complex. Putin is no saint compared to Nigerian leaders. He is far more corrupt than any Nigerian leader past or present. He is reported to be the richest man on Earth, with estimates of his personal wealth reaching over a TRILLION dollars.

Millions of Russians live below the poverty line while Putin and his oligarch billionaire cronies buy mansions in the choicest parts of Dubai and London. And you're here talking rubbish about his 'patriotism'. He is not ''patriotic''. He is at most interested in maintaining the ruling class status quo of Russia which he sees Ukraine as a threat to. Has NOTHING to do with him loving the Russian people.
must u insult peple in d guise of provin ur point? Nawa 4 u oh.

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by Tobichuks08: 11:54pm On Mar 15, 2022
Owen247:
My mind is telling me dat usa wants to check out russias current millitary power wit ukraine b4 a bout wit dem in d future.
That is why Russia is being cautious
At this stage some consider them a bit weak
Others consider them being lenient.

The bomb they dropped at poland border was to show they were ready for NATO i guess..

War shaa no good

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by Bollinga: 11:55pm On Mar 15, 2022
obinna58:
Had it been he had known early there wouldn't have been war at all, Nato pushed them to fight their rights but left them alone in time of difficulties
Trump wouldn't have allowed this in the first place cos he's a blunt person, he'll tell Zelensky what's coming for him should he developed such stupid mindset of joining nato. The difficult truth.

Russia is lesser evil compared to USA

Boss you are damn. If Donald Trump were to get the US president,, this war wouldn't have happened

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by kiddkash(m): 11:57pm On Mar 15, 2022
jaxxy:

Sanctions are never fully lifted especially when issues are pending they stay on. Russia will suffer and Putin will regret It.
He cares about safety and security of Russia and then the rest will come later. you think another president can handle Russia as big as it is?
with the likes of Chechnya and other sovereign republic within Russian Federation, plus west trying to input their finger prints like paying money for your opposition to fight you, keeping the Oligarchs in line and maintaining Law and order?

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by kiddkash(m): 12:00am On Mar 16, 2022
Bollinga:

Boss you are damn. If Donald Trump were to get the US president,, this war wouldn't have happened
no. he is a business man who knows how to speak to client, sometimes you threaten, other times you give to get, knowing how to calm an irate person and when to raise you voice in order to make your point. believe me Americans are regretting, especially cost of everything going up and gender pronouns, forcing those things to children

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by darediamond(m): 12:02am On Mar 16, 2022
Befii:
Nw wassup with NATO - where are those so obsessed with NATO that would only impose unnecessary sanctions. If Russia had been Libya - there be no sanction but invasion.

NATO is strong only against weaker nations without advanced military arsenal.

I knew all the noise about "Ukrainian resistance and supposed victory" was just common propaganda.
Like for US/NATO, share for Russia.

Russia is no longer the sleeping giant, she's made tremendous advancement militarily, even supplies Israel and China with weapons.

She's got better missiles traveling at more 20 times the speed of sound - Avangard dubbed Satan by NATO.

It's not advanced jet Fighters that would never smell Russian airspace - it's missile protected by S - 300, 400, the latest which is S - 500 and is the most sophisticated in the entire universe

US military chiefs admitted S - 500 is 50 miles ahead of any existing defense system, dispute and use Google.

Look how Iran bombarded Aramco oil facilities despite the presence of US patriot batteries.
Power has diffused - fellow Africans US and the West never meant well for Africans, they killed Gaddafi not really cause he was a bad guy, Libya was doing fine. Libya now isn't better like the country that used to be like our own American dream.

These guys paint rising powers with propaganda in order to instigate uprising, then they come in and arm civilians in order to overthrow a good man.

They wouldn't want you to grow, so you're always going to rely on them. They generate massive revenue from weapons sales. Africans get sense now.

Iran, North Korea, Russia, China, Vietnam, and even Israel have committed more terrible crimes against humanity compared with whatever Gaddafi did, yet they won't invade cause they won't survive it.

Zelenskky deserves jail for politicising and sacrificing the lives of his people.

He is just a puppet - and i'm sure he was forced to make this decision due to the missile attack on the base hosting so called NATO super warriors.

Russia fears no one - ask Hitler.
Russia delivered Syria from US, Israel, and the rest - the comedian thought he could make joke out of everything

Zelenskky, go on with the war, join NATO.
Innocent lives could have been saved, the war was never necessary.

You condemn Russia, if most of you knew history, you should be grateful to the Russians.

They supply your army (Nigerian Army) weapons to combat Boko Haram - something US clearly refused to do.

US travel far abroad invading nations, Ukraine was to close to join NATO.
America would have done the same.
Vladimir Putin is the most powerful leader of the century.

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by kiddkash(m): 12:02am On Mar 16, 2022
Tobichuks08:

That is why Russia is being cautious
At this stage some consider them a bit weak
Others consider them being lenient.

The bomb they dropped at poland border was to show they were ready for NATO i guess..

War shaa no good
no. all the countries promising to deliver arms to Ukraine, that is the base where they'd drop the weapons. so Putin attacked the base
he warned Nato about supplying arms

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by blackgold2018(m): 12:03am On Mar 16, 2022
We4all:

Who is this dumb olodo that thinks he knows all? If you use this energy in your response to make money, your dumb ass should be a billionaire by now.
kid.
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by kiddkash(m): 12:04am On Mar 16, 2022
Reflect7:

have you been to Russia before, I have. 4 times. why do you think 70% of Russians support him

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by darediamond(m): 12:05am On Mar 16, 2022
Nukilia:

Russia must not cease until Zelensky is caught alive and flogged for wasting the lives of his people instead of protecting them!
Louuuuuuuuuuuuder!!!

How I WISH PRESIDENT PUTIN SEES YOUR STATEMENT!!!

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by bizhop01: 12:07am On Mar 16, 2022
Britain the tax headquarter is in pain
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by anonymous1759(m): 12:10am On Mar 16, 2022
Reflect7:

Where are you guys getting this crazy narrative that Russians are poor ? It’s pathetic you don’t know the meaning of poor . You just spew nonsense from western media .
The one of the few Russians I’ve met who complain about normal economic difficulties eats more than 3 square meal , fridge full of groceries, still go on vacation, medical check up monthly just like the USA. That’s the average I’ve met that earns normal minimum wage . Stop talking nonsense enough of this narrative that Russians are poor . The average Russian is seen as a big man in Nigeria.

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by darediamond(m): 12:13am On Mar 16, 2022
AbuAeesha:
he dared Putin's might and put the future and life of his pple in misery thinking the US were honest Ally,
It is not Just about USA being a honest ally.

Can Anglo-America face Russia without proxy?

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by jaxxy(m): 12:16am On Mar 16, 2022
kiddkash:

He cares about safety and security of Russia and then the rest will come later. you think another president can handle Russia as big as it is?
with the likes of Chechnya and other sovereign republic within Russian Federation, plus west trying to input their finger prints like paying money for your opposition to fight you, keeping the Oligarchs in line and maintaining Law and order?

There was no threat so nothing come later than sanctions. He misstepped and should accept his stupidity cos if his over bloated ego. He should never have invade Ukraine and he will regret it. Surely

West is about democracy nobody has to be paid.
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by tnerro1(m): 12:20am On Mar 16, 2022
They should still catch this yeye President and flog him very well for wasting everyone’s time

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by YellowMayor(m): 12:22am On Mar 16, 2022
Ashley86400:

Arms that they cannot use to completely take over Ukraine. .

Russia could take over the whole Ukraine within 1 day. She's just giving the civilias chance to take refuge. To prove this, Russia warned that anyone in their military areas should leave coz it'd start bombing them off anytime soon. Why do you think zelensky keep on shouting declare no fly zone. Try reading how Putin finished the Isis in Syria that the almighty USA couldn't finish.

Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by pquaver(m): 12:22am On Mar 16, 2022
Relyon:
Russia should show their own commitment by ceasing their assault on kyiv

So for ur mind it because join or not join Nato Russia came to Ukraine? Bro na wa for u ooo.. Putin's wants the whole of Ukraine to be under him like Belarus and chenchenetc
Re: Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' by nedekid: 12:28am On Mar 16, 2022
Rexymania:
This is stupidity. Putin and some analyst told him before now that Ukraine can never be a part of NATO but he played dumb! Now see where it has led him and his beloved country.
This below video say it all.
https://youtube.com/shorts/NXkS1qgENTI?feature=share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

LA County Deputy Sheriff Fired For Having Sex While On Duty (Graphic Audio) / Russian Troops Are Raping Women In Ukraine - Dmytro Kuleba (Foreign Minister) / Meet Dor Bahadur Khapangi, World's Shortest Male Teenager At 2ft 5in (Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72