Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? (16612 Views)

Top 5 Differences Between Infatuation And Love / How To Know The Difference Between Love, Infatuation And Lust ! / Difference Between Love,lost,infatuation And Body Chemistry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by frank317: 3:10pm On Jul 01, 2011
ogospec:

LUST IS A STRONG DESIRE MOSTLY ASSOCIATED WITH MEN WHEN THEY SEE LADIES THAT ARE INDECENTLY DRESSED

INFATUATION IS AN INTENSE LIKING OF THE OPPOSITE SEX THAT IS NOT PERMANENT, THAT IS A "TRANSITORY ADMIRATiON OR FONDNESS" THAT IS WHEN YOU CLAIM YOU LOVE SOME ONE BUT YOUR LOVE IS ATTACHED TO SELFISH REASON
NOW LOVE THE SIMPLEST TO UNDERSTAND BUT DIFFICULT TO IMPLEMENT IS "PERMANENT DEEP AFFECTION OR FONDNESS," LOVE ANSWERS ALL DIFFICULT SITUATION IN LIFE ESPECIALLY IN RELATIONSHIP, LOVE COVERS MULTITUDE OF SIN, LOVE IS THE ULTIMATE, LOVE IS LIMITLESS, LOVE IS FIRST PRACTICED BY JESUS FOR THE CHRISTIAN, LOVE IS SACRIFICE, NAME IT,  BUT DUE TO INGENUITY IN THE LOVE OF HUMAN BEING TODAY WE NOW HAVE TRUE LOVE AND FAKE LOVE,
FAKE LOVE =LUST AND INFATUATION
TRUE LOVE=LOVE (1 CORINTH 13, ) PLS READ, THANKS!

let me ask u, so if a man's wife wears skimpy dress and he develops a strong desire for her for that moment, that means he does not love her

u said infatuation is a liking that is not permanent - and who tell u that love is permenent?

the fact that u love someone and still lust and have infatuation for him or her does not mean u wont be caring and understanding.

let me even ask u, since u have been hearing about love which one did u see cover multitude of sin? which one is ultimate, u said first practiced by jesus, but jesus didnt have a girl friend ot perhaps u are talkinh of another thing which i have explain earlier if u followed my post. dont call what God give thesame love as what humans give.
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by DaMirage: 3:13pm On Jul 01, 2011
Married women in the house, there is a new website for you guys to go and vent and help other venting wives too. To lay bare your minds, to say those thing u are worried about yet do not want to discuss with anyone
www.wivesroundtable.net. see u there!!!
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by frank317: 3:23pm On Jul 01, 2011
upendo 98:

@op
Yes you can love somebody thru all the other categories you described earlier.So ok yeah we don't have to lust to love.but we were narrowing it down to EROS love not any other kind of love rem.

And yes I think love is the body that has infatuation and lust as child. You just need to know which one to activate at what particular moment.

Love is a decision.If you look at a woman to lust you have already commited adultery with her in your mind.
In that case if u want the pure ,agape love,or sisterly love then don't look with' lustfull 'eyes!!simple Look with'brotherly' eyes!
Then we can say u fell in love at first sight.at least you weren't after the body.

u know this is not possible. u cannot look at a woman u like or u are interested in with a sisterly eyes. i really dont know how the bible can reconcile this fact
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by ogospec(f): 3:46pm On Jul 01, 2011
FRANK i like and really appreciate you questions,when you are married to your wife you married her because you love her and whenever you feel like having sex with her you can because that is the pleasure involve with getting married, but whenever other ladies start enticing you, because of their exposed body or beauty, to the extent of you having deep thinking about what you have seen bros you de lust whether you like it or not, what did you think that contribute to rape my dear it is LUST.
true love is permanent because it has no sting attached to it, [b]pls read my comment very well before you argue,[/b]whether you like it or not whenever your love fade for some one what you had for the person was INFATUATION, that is why TRUE love is rare. your wife loves you that is why she dresses to entice you so that you will not be enticed by other girls.
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by upendo98(f): 4:11pm On Jul 01, 2011
@op
Yeah its hard but if you arent interested in her then don't stare at her for long.
There's a saying 'you cant stop birds from flying over your head but you can stop them from lying eggs on the head.
The birds are the pretty women.Let them pass and you are free to admire but don't let that admiration give birth to lust if you have no intentions of pushing it to the next level called love.
You can always look the other way!! (I know am just talking to myself here so no worries)'
lipsrsealed
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by N101: 4:33pm On Jul 01, 2011
Upendo 98 my sister, you are doing a sterling job! grin

@ Frank 3.16 - Let me just throw this out there.  Out of these three examples below, let me know which - in your opinion - is best identified by which word and why:

An iPhone or BlackBerry - love, lust or infatuation?
A niece or nephew - love, lust or infatuation?
A friend of the same gender - love lust or infatuation?

Excluding the limitations of the English language, if one says they "love" one, most people will have an idea of what they mean even if we only have that one word to describe it (for the purposes of this exercise, "like" is not allowed!)
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 01, 2011
They'll mean the same thing to me.
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by frank317: 5:00pm On Jul 01, 2011
N101:

Upendo 98 my sister, you are doing a sterling job! grin

@ Frank 3.16 - Let me just throw this out there. Out of these three examples below, let me know which - in your opinion - is best identified by which word and why:

An iPhone or BlackBerry - love, lust or infatuation?
A niece or nephew - love, lust or infatuation?
A friend of the same gender - love lust or infatuation?

Excluding the limitations of the English language, if one says they "love" one, most people will have an idea of what they mean even if we only have that one word to describe it (for the purposes of this exercise, "like" is not allowed!)

for the first questing (i mean ipod and black), i will not answre because i believe love, infatuation and lust are feeling s that can only be ascibed to humans and not objects, unless we are not talking the same thing. for other two qustions, i will let u real the post i posted earlier, perhaps u will answer them urself. after reading. i insert it below.

[b]the english language is the cause of all these confusion,
latin is a more complete language that has name for different feelings e.g
it has agape - which describes feeling between God and man, it could also exist between two people who are in relationship with GOD (it is perfect and unconditional.
it has philia - this is a feeling of likeness between family members, i.e. brothers and sisters, father and son or daugther
it had eros - this is the feeling between a man and awoman who are not related -its is built on lust and infatuation and its conditional
it also has name for two friends eithe or opposite or same sex, cant remember the name.

now the english language combines all these feelings and call them love! and so when a man says to a woman "i love u" both the sayer and the sayee assume that they both meant agape love. this is so because agape love is more desirable and is more pronounced of all that feelings mentiond above. hence the mistake that love is perfect blah blah blah[/b]
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by Anjelus(m): 5:01pm On Jul 01, 2011
The question we need to answer is Who is the author of Love? God, then who ever that does not have a good relationship with Him cannot practice love in the true sense of it. So we should stop deceiving our selves, there is nothing like love in the world of sin and relationship. What we mistake for love is actually Infactuation which is always tied to something, Brilliance, Beauty, Handsomeness, Wealth, Fame, Character, Employment, Tribe etc. But love can be likened to John 3vs16, Despite our frailities and wickedness, God still loved us and then took it a step further to give us is only begotten son (HIS BEST) as a ransome for our sins. So my dear brothers and sisters love beareth all things and like somebody said, it is a sacrifice, because it gives and continue to give until the recipient conforms and start reciprocating the kind gesture. It only takes a completely broken xtian or believer to love in the true sense of it. However, Lust and Infactuation are similar emotional and physical disposition.
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by frank317: 5:08pm On Jul 01, 2011
ogospec:

FRANK i like and really appreciate you questions,when you are married to your wife you married her because you love her and whenever you feel like Being Intimate with her you can because that is the pleasure involve with getting married, but whenever other ladies start enticing you, because of their exposed body or beauty, to the extent of you having deep thinking about what you have seen bros you de lust whether you like it or not, what did you think that contribute to violation my dear it is LUST.
true love is permanent because it has no sting attached to it, [b]pls read my comment very well before you argue,[/b]whether you like it or not whenever your love fade for some one what you had for the person was INFATUATION, that is why TRUE love is rare. your wife loves you that is why she dresses to entice you so that you will not be enticed by other girls.

that mean ur own true love does not exist at all. do u mean if u have a boyfriend and u break up, and its hurts u so bad, but then decied to move on, what u had was infatuation?
what if someone's spouse dies and he/she remarries, then what they had was infatuation. cos if its true love as u say, then the love u have cannot be shared with anyone else.
please leave that fantacy world and face the real world. love, no matter what, must fade and note that the fact that two people are together foe a lond time does not mean tht the initial love has not faded. love fades, but people make decision to stay together because most times, the enemy u know is better than the friend u dont know
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by frank317: 5:14pm On Jul 01, 2011
Anjelus:

The question we need to answer is Who is the author of Love? God, then who ever that does not have a good relationship with Him cannot practice love in the true sense of it. So we should stop deceiving our selves, there is nothing like love in the world of sin and relationship. What we mistake for love is actually Infactuation which is always tied to something, Brilliance, Beauty, Handsomeness, Wealth, Fame, Character, Employment, Tribe etc. But love can be likened to John 3vs16, Despite our frailities and wickedness, God still loved us and then took it a step further to give us is only begotten son (HIS BEST) as a ransome for our sins. So my dear brothers and sisters love beareth all things and like somebody said, it is a sacrifice, because it gives and continue to give until the recipient conforms and start reciprocating the kind gesture. It only takes a completely broken xtian or believer to love in the true sense of it. However, Lust and Infactuation are similar emotional and physical disposition.

ehe, we all know that God has the perfect love and anything other than his love is fake. but weather we like it or not, humans must share affecting with each other, weather they are christians or not, and that feeling is what we are talking about
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by Enockia(m): 5:46pm On Jul 01, 2011
their spelling
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 01, 2011
On one hand I think love is overrated and on the other hand I think love can not succeed without respect. These two states intertwined to create a perfect phenomenon that help us to see beyond the feelings which part of the bizarre reward LUST and INFATUATION are regularly attached to. Love we know is of different kinds, let us not go there yet.

However, true love has been lost on many of us who claimed to be the custodians of it. I once told my girlfriend ' Tell me your love fantasy and I will tell you about how it will survive the test of time'. Love is one hell of elusive thing which needs properly understanding. It is individual thing. It is phenomenal.
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by Tyche(m): 6:16pm On Jul 01, 2011
The difference is this; love is genuine while the others are a means to an end.
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by Mynd44: 6:42pm On Jul 01, 2011
Same thing different spellings.
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by Cuddlemii: 6:52pm On Jul 01, 2011
The words are almost or nearly similar in nature. There is a thing line between all of them because all of them are interwoven and can lead to eachother like a maze.

Love- I met a girl and fell inlove with her because she was brilliant

Lust- I violated her when she refused to allow me mate with her, her dress was tempting me

Infatuation- She is not picking my calls after the incident, she didnt report the incident that means she loves me

Love- The girl goes home thinking I still love him with what he did

Lust- I wont mind trying it again (the girl's thoughts)

Infatuation- Am I doing the right thing dating the guy who violated me, he loved me thats why he did it

The cycle continues,
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by upendo98(f): 7:02pm On Jul 01, 2011
lol
I tire o grin
Whatever works for you then do it,
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by Cuddlemii: 7:12pm On Jul 01, 2011
upendo 98:

lol
I tire o grin
Whatever works for you then do it,

Everything in this life is just complicated but Love does happen. Im inlove with someone wink
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by satani22: 7:20pm On Jul 01, 2011
Im in love with cuddlemii
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by frank317: 8:09pm On Jul 01, 2011
satani22:

Im in love with cuddlemii

Now imagin someone telling u that u are in lust and not in love. oh please! does that make sense?
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by darknouiui: 8:10pm On Jul 01, 2011
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by fredoooooo: 8:44pm On Jul 01, 2011
simple the difference between the three is use ur head ,
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by satani22: 8:51pm On Jul 01, 2011
frank3.16:

Now imagin someone telling u that u are in lust and not in love. oh please! does that make sense?
No it doesnt make sense. Im d only one that can see my heart/read my mind to determine what i feel for her. No one else can
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by firestar(f): 8:55pm On Jul 01, 2011
Lust: Unhealthy passionate desire.Infatuation: Selfish in motive, self-centred 'loff' Sentiments form too quickly. Counterfeit love.Love: Selfless and based on principle. Undeserved, unconditional.
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 01, 2011
love is based in 1cor13:4-8.infatuation is opposite of what is described in above bible verses.infatuation and lust are synonyms.
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by frank317: 12:02am On Jul 02, 2011
firestar:

Lust: Unhealthy passionate desire.Infatuation: Selfish in motive, self-centred 'loff' Sentiments form too quickly. Counterfeit love.Love: Selfless and based on principle. Undeserved, unconditional.

every love that is given by humans has selfish motive, denying that is decieving urself the truth (show me a relaionship without lust and infatuation)

describe what u mean by unhealthy passionate desire and dont just quote what u dont know the meaning

please show me any human who has exhibited unconditional love to another. oh when will we all come out of this dream? this is not fantasy, its not quotes or stories, it is what happens in real life
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by pepperoni(f): 7:30am On Jul 02, 2011
@op/topic. no difference. they are all the same!!!
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by econity(m): 12:15pm On Jul 02, 2011
Every contributor has a point from his or her own view.
But that doesn't make all of us right.
LOVE, LUST, and INFATUATION are different form level go which one exhibit feeling for another.
Lust is not a well motive bcuz it seek to explore and run. Infatuation is like a cosmic love it doesn't exit. Love is love and notin more. It must be true to be love.
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by DAVE5(m): 1:53am On Jul 03, 2011
all i can say is that there's a thin line btw these 3 words-love,lust n infatuation, they r all a means to an expected end
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by frank317: 12:25pm On Jul 03, 2011
all i am sayingin is they they might have different meaning, but a critical look at them all will show (just take ur time and look deeply and forget about what u have been hearing or what u have always believed), u will find out that one cannot exist without the other. that is they go hand in hand.
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by N101: 2:31am On Jul 04, 2011
frank3.16:

for the first questing (i mean ipod and black), i will not answre because i believe love, infatuation and lust are feeling s that can only be ascibed to humans and not objects, unless we are not talking the same thing. for other two qustions, i will let u real the post i posted earlier, perhaps u will answer them urself. after reading. i insert it below.

[b]the english language is the cause of all these confusion,
latin is a more complete language that has name for different feelings e.g
it has agape - which describes feeling between God and man, it could also exist between two people who are in relationship with GOD (it is perfect and unconditional.
it has philia - this is a feeling of likeness between family members, i.e. brothers and sisters, father and son or daugther
it had eros - this is the feeling between a man and awoman who are not related -its is built on lust and infatuation and its conditional
it also has name for two friends eithe or opposite or same sex, cant remember the name.

now the english language combines all these feelings and call them love! and so when a man says to a woman "i love u" both the sayer and the sayee assume that they both meant agape love. this is so because agape love is more desirable and is more pronounced of all that feelings mentiond above. hence the mistake that love is perfect blah blah blah[/b]

I read what you wrote but that doesn't exclude you from answering my questions. It's not that hard is it? 

Love in English is interchangeable, depending on what you are using it to refer to, unlike Greek or Spanish.  If someone says "I love you" the smart thing any English-speaker will do is to define whether this love is conditional (if so, what are the conditions).  Problem that people get too caught up in the phrase/word and miss what the person is really saying. 

Someone once said: "I love you madly" could easily mean "I lust you badly".  The question is, how do you define which it is?

The Greek translations may point us in a direction, but it still doesn't mean we don't understand how people "love" us, and yes it can get complicated when we don't know what people mean.   Most normal people can differentiate the feelings they have for their BlackBerry and iPhone versus their family, even using the English word "love".
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by ogospec(f): 10:49am On Jul 05, 2011
Did you think that love is all about having sex no! you are making a very big mistake , infatuation and lust aims at having sex but love comprises of many things, both the pleasant and the unplesasant.[color=#000099][/color] when your love dies that does not mean that the love you had for him or her has faded its just that anavoidable condition has seperated you, now you love some one andyou realized that both of you cant settle down because of biological incompactibiliy like blood group or genotype and both of you understands and brokeup that doesnt mean the love have fade it all means that there is now limit, you can be friends, but you can get married invariably, the only differents is that you wont have sex , but you can still share your problems even when you meet a new lover you will always be bold to share your pass experience with him or her, becos there is true love. and you will be bold to say this was my first logic. anyway you dont believe in true love so dont ever think you can get one.
i have one or two very close relative experience if you want i will share with you, TRUE love neva fade!
frank3.16:

that mean your own true love does not exist at all. do u mean if u have a boyfriend and u break up, and its hurts u so bad, but then decied to move on, what u had was infatuation?
what if someone's spouse dies and he/she remarries, then what they had was infatuation. cos if its true love as u say, then the love u have cannot be shared with anyone else.
please leave that fantacy world and face the real world. love, no matter what, must fade and note that the fact that two people are together foe a lond time does not mean tht the initial love has not faded. love fades, but people make decision to stay together because most times, the enemy u know is better than the friend u dont know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Curvy Teacher Leaves Tongues Wagging After Her Pictures Wearing Tight Clothes / I Dont Like Non Of Miss Nairaland Contestants / Ladies: What Do You Think Of Guys That Wear Necklace Or Chains Around Their Neck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.