Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,082 members, 7,852,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:41 PM

If A Man Has Two Wives..? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If A Man Has Two Wives..? (1332 Views)

Is It Sin For Man To Have Sex Together With His Two Wives?- Man Asks Daddyfreeze / Where In The Bible was it Recorded As Sin To Marry Two Wives / Beautiful Wives Of Nigerian Pastors (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:35pm On Mar 16, 2022
RisenJoe:

Sir, your argument is full of loophole here and there, have a nice day

Thanks for reading! smiley
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:42pm On Mar 16, 2022
Broveens42:

Question: is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife ON ANY GROUND?
Answer:
A.Have you not heard the one who created them made them male and female
( the biblical concept of female made from man)
B.For that reason of creation ( since female wasn't created independently) ; a man will leave... and stick to his wife and they shall be one.(back to creation)
The writer used B to validate A and A to discourage divorce. And has nothing to do with monogamy and polygamy
#English language
Will you approve if your wife choose to marry another man in addition to you?
Will you approve if your daddy wants to marry a woman in addition to your mother?
Will you approve if your brother in-law decides to marry another woman in addition to your sister?
Will you approve if your son in-law choose to marry another woman in addition to your daughter?
Jesus said:

"All things, therefore, that you want men to do to you, you also must do to them. This, in fact, is what the Law and the Prophets mean" Matthew 7:12

It's not about English Sir but what Jesus want in his kingdom in Paradise! smiley
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by thorpido(m): 2:44pm On Mar 16, 2022
Broveens42:

Lol. So grace and truth did not come through other biblical characters?
Religion is really funny with a lot of hallucinations.
Where was grace and truth when biblical ananias and Sapphira were murdered in cold blood ?
This question of yours obviously shows you do not understand spiritual verities.
Why did they die?Simply because they lied !
Is a lie of the truth ?
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by Broveens42(m): 2:55pm On Mar 16, 2022
thorpido:
This question of yours obviously shows you do not understand spiritual verities.
Why did they die?Simply because they lied !
Is a lie of the truth ?

Why should they die in the era of so called Grace for just lies?
When you're being challenged intellectually, you blame it on so called spiritual deficiency grin

1 Like

Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by Broveens42(m): 2:58pm On Mar 16, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Will you approve if your wife choose to marry another man in addition to you?
Will you approve if your daddy wants to marry a woman in addition to your mother?
Will you approve if your brother in-law decides to marry another woman in addition to your sister?
Will you approve if your son in-law choose to marry another woman in addition to your daughter?
Jesus said:

"All things, therefore, that you want men to do to you, you also must do to them. This, in fact, is what the Law and the Prophets mean" Matthew 7:12

It's not about English Sir but what Jesus want in his kingdom in Paradise! smiley

All these questions you are asking me doesn't in any away challenge my submission sadly.

Contextually, the above passage you cited more appropriately discourages homosexuality than polygamy

1 Like

Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by thorpido(m): 3:00pm On Mar 16, 2022
Broveens42:

Why should they die in the era of so called Grace for just lies?
When you're being challenged intellectually, you blame it on so called spiritual deficiency grin
Is a lie a sin?
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by Broveens42(m): 3:06pm On Mar 16, 2022
thorpido:
Is a lie a sin?

Let me rephrase it in the language you would love. grin
Why should they be murdered in cold blood in an era of Grace? ... Where is the opportunity for correction and repentance?
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by thorpido(m): 3:08pm On Mar 16, 2022
Broveens42:

Let me rephrase it in the language you would love. grin
Why should they be murdered in cold blood in an era of Grace? ... Where is the opportunity for correction and repentance?
Why are you complicating what is simple enough?
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:09pm On Mar 16, 2022
Broveens42:

All these questions you are asking me doesn't in any away challenge my submission sadly.
Well it's a big challenge for anyone who wants to follow the world's most wonderful counselor of all times Jesus of Nazareth! {Isaiah 9:6} because our righteousness must beat that of all other school of thought! Matthew 5:20 smiley
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by Broveens42(m): 3:13pm On Mar 16, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Well it's a big challenge for anyone who wants to follow the world's most wonderful counselor of all times Jesus of Nazareth! {Isaiah 9:6} because our righteousness must beat that of all other school of thought! Matthew 5:20 smiley

Contextually, the Mathew book you cited more appropriately discourages homosexuality than polygamy

#English language
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by Broveens42(m): 3:17pm On Mar 16, 2022
thorpido:
Why are you complicating what is simple enough?

Lol. You are the one complicating things for yourself.
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by thorpido(m): 3:21pm On Mar 16, 2022
Broveens42:

Lol. You are the one complicating things for yourself.
It is simple enough.A lie is a sin.A sin comes with punishment.

Any other thing comes after that.
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by advanceDNA: 3:37pm On Mar 16, 2022
Broveens42:

No
Your response is an Express way for practicing christians doubt their beliefs.

I’m not sure what you mean by No!!!!!!!
But you sound like you have problem with entertaining other people’s opinion, but you want yours accepted..

As for doubting beliefs...Jesus shut down Pharisees and scribes many times when they try to make a mockery of him and his authority...well, Jesus’ words or action may have caused some people to doubt their belief, but the Bible ddnt have any record of it..

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying I’m in the same level with Jesus. I’m just telling you there’s no point dialoguing with the OP, he claims he’s an antichrist, and he proudly attests to it on this forum by attacking scriptures and the christain faith..

.....i already told you why I ddnt entertain him.... if that’s making doubt your belief Mayb u should check yourself
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by AntiChristian: 3:41pm On Mar 16, 2022
Broveens42:

Question: is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife ON ANY GROUND?
Answer:
A.Have you not heard the one who created them made them male and female
( the biblical concept of female made from man)

B.For that reason of creation ( since female wasn't created independently) ; a man will leave... and stick to his wife and they shall be one.(back to creation)
The writer used B to validate A and A to discourage divorce. And has nothing to do with monogamy and polygamy
#English language

Lovely!
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by AntiChristian: 3:50pm On Mar 16, 2022
advanceDNA:

I’m not sure what you mean by No!!!!!!!
But you sound like you have problem with entertaining other people’s opinion, but you want yours accepted..

As for doubting beliefs...Jesus shut down Pharisees and scribes many times when they try to make a mockery of him and his authority...well, Jesus’ words or action may have caused some people to doubt their belief, but the Bible ddnt have any record of it..

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying I’m in the same level with Jesus. I’m just telling you there’s no point dialoguing with the OP, he claims he’s an antichrist, and he proudly attests to it on this forum by attacking scriptures and the christain faith..

.....i already told you why I ddnt entertain him.... if that’s making doubt your belief Mayb u should check yourself

Even if you know me as such then must you come here and attack me or my personality? Is that Christ-like?
Many Christians know me and avoid my threads. Why must you come and attack?
Here is your temple and you had to clean it up right?
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:54pm On Mar 16, 2022
Broveens42:

Contextually, the Mathew book you cited more appropriately discourages homosexuality than polygamy
#English language
Jesus is about Paradise not laws by which we live so polygamy is a crime in God's Kingdom! wink
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by AntiChristian: 3:58pm On Mar 16, 2022
thorpido:
Please show me where any prophet called himself ...the way,the truth and the life.

@second bold..escapist as usual.

I can't quote any verse for you cos it's not a small verse!

I will explain my previous text with two Prophets namely Noah and Moses!

Everyone who followed Moses in truth from Pharaoh was saved. Here Moses was the way cos whoever does not follow him in truth was not saved!

Same as Noah. Whoever did not follow Noah's call to the ark perished.

Now, to Jesus's comment as the way, the truth and life...

When a rich man met Jesus and asked him what he needs to do to have eternal life. Jesus didn't tell him accept me as your Lord and saviour! Jesus didn't tell him accept that i am God Yahweh. Jesus said obey the commandments of Moses. And later Jesus said the man should sell all he has, give them to the poor and follow him. The end signifies followership just like people followed Noah and Moses!

This is the way. How many Christians follow this way?
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by advanceDNA: 4:02pm On Mar 16, 2022
AntiChristian:

Even if you know me as such then must you come here and attack me or my personality? Is that Christ-like?
Many Christians know me and avoid my threads. Why must you come and attack?
Here is your temple and you had to clean it up right?

Lol...If you call what I did an attack... so be it..
U can call it whatever you like...

And yes, it’s christlike....Christ attacked the personality of the Scribes and pharisee when
He noticed they ddnt come to him to learn but to attack and ridicule him.

Jesus called them a brood of vipers
Matt 12v34
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by thorpido(m): 4:15pm On Mar 16, 2022
AntiChristian:

I can't quote any verse for you cos it's not a small verse!

I will explain my previous text with two Prophets namely Noah and Moses!

Everyone who followed Moses in truth from Pharaoh was saved. Here Moses was the way cos whoever does not follow him in truth was not saved!

Same as Noah. Whoever did not follow Noah's call to the ark perished.

Now, to Jesus's comment as the way, the truth and life...

When a rich man met Jesus and asked him what he needs to do to have eternal life. Jesus didn't tell him accept me as your Lord and saviour! Jesus didn't tell him accept that i am God Yahweh. Jesus said obey the commandments of Moses. And later Jesus said the man should sell all he has, give them to the poor and follow him. The end signifies followership just like people followed Noah and Moses!

Long quote that never answered the question!
Did any of them call themselves THE WAY THE TRUTH and THE LIFE.?
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by AntiChristian: 4:20pm On Mar 16, 2022
advanceDNA:

Lol...If you call what I did an attack... so be it..
U can call it whatever you like...

And yes, it’s christlike....Christ attacked the personality of the Scribes and pharisee when
He noticed they ddnt come to him to learn but to attack and ridicule him.

Jesus called them a brood of vipers
Matt 12v34

Yeah! He even called people foolish, Satan, etc. I know it all.

Matthew 23:33
"You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?

Luke 11:40
You foolish people! Did not the one who made the outside make the inside also?

Matthew 16:23
Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."

Jesus even got a bit physical at times...

John 2:15
When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14In the temple courts he found men selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. 15So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16To those who sold doves he said, "Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father's house into a market!"
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:22pm On Mar 16, 2022
AntiChristian:

I can't quote any verse for you cos it's not a small verse! I will explain my previous text with two Prophets namely Noah and Moses!
Everyone who followed Moses in truth from Pharaoh was saved. Here Moses was the way cos whoever does not follow him in truth was not saved! Same as Noah. Whoever did not follow Noah's call to the ark perished.
Now, to Jesus's comment as the way, the truth and life... When a rich man met Jesus and asked him what he needs to do to have eternal life. Jesus didn't tell him accept me as your Lord and saviour! Jesus didn't tell him accept that i am God Yahweh. Jesus said obey the commandments of Moses. And later Jesus said the man should sell all he has, give them to the poor and follow him. The end signifies followership just like people followed Noah and Moses!

The man surely followed everything in those laws that's why he could sense that Jesus is the promised Messiah but their envious religious leaders who taught this people failed to continue putting faith in what they have taught the people when the fulfilment came {Matthew 23:2-3} so instead of them to abandon their hopeless titles and embrace the teachings of Christ according to what Moses stated in the law {Deuteronomy 18:19} they were looking for excuses to condemn the Messiah.

So Christians have no business with the Mosaic laws all what we need is to concentrate on Jesus' thoughts, words and actions, by so doing we will know how to explain what all the prophets taught from Genesis to Malachi, and what will serve as the evidence that we have done the right thing?
We will go throughout the earth to gather people and remove politics and military services from their hearts so that a global family of peace loving worshipers may suffice due to what Jesus taught us {Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3} that's the one and only evidence that we have proved to be fully competent and completely equipped students of the Prince of Peace! Act 1:8 compare to Isaiah 9:6 smiley
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by AntiChristian: 4:22pm On Mar 16, 2022
thorpido:
Long quote that never answered the question!
Did any of them call themselves THE WAY THE TRUTH and THE LIFE.?

They showed they were the way, the truth and life!
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by Broveens42(m): 4:32pm On Mar 16, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus is about Paradise not laws by which we live so polygamy is a crime in God's Kingdom! wink

State where it was mentioned a crime in your new testament
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:32pm On Mar 16, 2022
AntiChristian:

They showed they were the way, the truth and life!
No! They all kept telling their people that the Messiah who is the way, truth and life is coming, that's why the Israelites were in great expectations of this Messiah! John 4:25 undecided
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by advanceDNA: 4:32pm On Mar 16, 2022
AntiChristian:

Yeah! He even called people foolish, Satan, etc. I know it all.

Matthew 23:33
"You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?

Luke 11:40
You foolish people! Did not the one who made the outside make the inside also?

Matthew 16:23
Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."

Jesus even got a bit physical at times...

John 2:15
When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14In the temple courts he found men selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. 15So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16To those who sold doves he said, "Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father's house into a market!"

Whatever! you are only proving my point.
You don’t surprise me..the people entertaining you are the ones that surprise me
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:35pm On Mar 16, 2022
Broveens42:

State where it was mentioned a crime in your new testament

Jesus Christ talked about life Paradise none of all the prophets ever assured anyone of Paradise like Jesus did {Luke 43:23} so if you don't know why the Jews hated him so much now you're learning because he made it clear to them that polygamy (which starts from getting a rival for your spouse) is evil! smiley
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by AntiChristian: 4:36pm On Mar 16, 2022
advanceDNA:

Whatever! you are only proving my point.
You don’t surprise me..the people entertaining you are the ones that surprise me

The mail thread shows you warranted it.
I am not proving your point. Jesus is not a God but human so I expect him to act as humans, get angry, cry, shit and eat like humans!

Claiming you imitated Jesus was the reason why i quoted the rest so that you can imitate others too since you find no positives to imitate.
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:41pm On Mar 16, 2022
AntiChristian:
"If a man have two wives..." Deuteronomy 21:15a

See, "if"! And Not "when", but "if".

Clearly, it shows a man is not supposed to have 2 wives.

But, who is going to tell this Ruminant Animal that he should hear?
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by advanceDNA: 4:42pm On Mar 16, 2022
AntiChristian:

The mail thread shows you warranted it.
I am not proving your point. Jesus is not a God but human so I expect him to act as humans, get angry, cry, shit and eat like humans!

Claiming you imitated Jesus was the reason why i quoted the rest so that you can imitate others too since you find no positives to imitate.

So it’s now a bad thing to imitate Jesus..u even called Jesus’ attitude negative .....I’m not surprised, you said you are an antichrist...

you also Muslims imitate your mohammed.??
You marry underage Children
Kill people because they don’t accept your religion
Kill them becos you class them as infidels
Take their land and install Islamic State like your prophet did in Medina/mecca..

I’m sure all these are not negative to you.. so it’s okay to imitate them
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by AntiChristian: 4:43pm On Mar 16, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

See, "if"! Not When, but "if".

Clearly, it shows a man is not supposed to have 2 wives.

But, who is going to tell this Ruminant Animal that he should hear?

grin

Yes, even Moses that wrote those lines married two wives!

No be only "If"!

Why does God make law for Polygamous home if He forbids it?
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by Broveens42(m): 4:43pm On Mar 16, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus Christ talked about life Paradise none of all the prophets ever assured anyone of Paradise like Jesus did {Luke 43:23} so if you don't know why the Jews hated him so much now you're learning because he made it clear to them that polygamy (which starts from getting a rival for your spouse) is evil! smiley

I didn't ask for sermons with non existent chapters(Luke 43)

I said state where polygamy was mentioned a crime in your new testament
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by AntiChristian: 4:46pm On Mar 16, 2022
advanceDNA:

So it’s now a bad thing to imitate Jesus..u even called Jesus’ attitude negative .....I’m not surprised, you said you are an antichrist...
Where did i wrote the word negative with Jesus?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

He Made My Feet Like The Feet Of A Deer And Set Me Secure On The Heights. / Tithing, A Scam? / From Her Own Lips

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.