Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,082 members, 7,852,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:38 PM

If A Man Has Two Wives..? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If A Man Has Two Wives..? (1331 Views)

Is It Sin For Man To Have Sex Together With His Two Wives?- Man Asks Daddyfreeze / Where In The Bible was it Recorded As Sin To Marry Two Wives / Beautiful Wives Of Nigerian Pastors (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:50pm On Mar 16, 2022
Broveens42:

I didn't ask for sermons with non existent chapters(Luke 43)
I said state where polygamy was mentioned a crime in your new testament

As long as Jesus and his disciples discouraged it it has been written in our hearts {Jeremiah 31:33} so if you can't discern what happened we do! wink
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by AntiChristian: 4:53pm On Mar 16, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

As long as Jesus and his disciples discouraged it it has been written in our hearts {Jeremiah 31:33} so if you can't discern what happened we do! wink

Where did Jesus discourage "Polygamy" Specifically?
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by advanceDNA: 4:57pm On Mar 16, 2022
AntiChristian:
Where did i wrote the word negative with Jesus?

Oh ...so now you have amnesia...

You claimed Jesus even got physical, listed all manner of human traits with the aim of telling me to imitate them since I ddnt find the positive attitude of Jesus to imitate ..... u see how insultive you are?? Later you will be crying someone attacked you...

If t were you... you could remove knife to behead me if I spoke about mohammed..
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by Broveens42(m): 4:59pm On Mar 16, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

See, "if"! And Not "when", but "if".

Clearly, it shows a man is not supposed to have 2 wives.

But, who is going to tell this Ruminant Animal that he should hear?

Hahahaha. Who's teaching you guys English language in Nigeria?
Well, English is not our mother tongue, I don't really blame us.

So you don't know 'if' and 'when' can be used interchangeably in rule formation?

Just like 'shall' and 'will' are used interchangeably in rule formation/laws.
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by AntiChristian: 5:08pm On Mar 16, 2022
advanceDNA:

Oh ...so now you have amnesia...

You claimed Jesus even got physical, listed all manner of human traits with the aim of telling me to imitate them since I ddnt find the positive attitude of Jesus to imitate ..... u see how insultive you are?? Later you will be crying someone attacked you...

If t were you... you could remove knife to behead me if I spoke about mohammed..

Jesus is not a God but human so I expect him to act as humans, get angry, cry, shit and eat like humans!
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:19pm On Mar 16, 2022
AntiChristian:

Where did Jesus discourage "Polygamy" Specifically?

I can see that you're always troubled with my comments but your Islamic background won't allow you accept the truth.
Jesus discouraged polygamy by selecting no polygamist in his choice of Apostles, even his disciples were shocked to the extent that they say "going by what you're saying, it's not advisable to marry at all" Matthew 19:10

Do you think such thoughts can come from a polygamist who already has many wives? smiley

1 Like

Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by advanceDNA: 5:26pm On Mar 16, 2022
AntiChristian:

Jesus is not a God but human so I expect him to act as humans, get angry, cry, shit and eat like humans!

U ddnt add the last one..you said he also gets violent sometimes...

Look Oga...you posts are to attack Christians, the Christians faith..u don’t deserve civil engagement
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by thorpido(m): 5:32pm On Mar 16, 2022
AntiChristian:

They showed they were the way, the truth and life!
Lol......I like how you maneuver...... it's typical anyway.I asked if they called themselves you tell me they showed ? grin angry

May the true light of God shine upon your heart.
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:26pm On Mar 16, 2022
Broveens42:

Hahahaha. Who's teaching you guys English language in Nigeria?
Well, English is not our mother tongue, I don't really blame us.

So you don't know 'if' and 'when' can be used interchangeably in rule formation?

Just like 'shall' and 'will' are used interchangeably in rule formation/laws.

Let a lawyer sues you, you would know that there is a big difference between "if" and "when"!
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:29pm On Mar 16, 2022
AntiChristian:

grin

Yes, even Moses that wrote those lines married two wives!

No be only "If"!

Why does God make law for Polygamous home if He forbids it?

I have answered this in plain English language and you did not hear, so hopefully someone who speaks Cow Language could come along and interpret it to you.
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:34pm On Mar 16, 2022
AntiChristian:

grin

Yes, even Moses that wrote those lines married two wives!

No be only "If"!

Why does God make law for Polygamous home if He forbids it?

Married twice is not the same as 2 wives but evils like you must always resort to Lies.

O sweet Lord, it is surely time to visit the sins of evil people upon them!
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by AntiChristian: 8:33am On Mar 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Married twice is not the same as 2 wives but evils like you must always resort to Lies.

Moses married the first wife and then the second one. The first was never said to be dead when he married the second.
Which the verses in the Bible that says the first wife died before he married the second?

Bring the Bible verse if you are not a liar!

What sin did Job did for God to punish him as He did? (That some suffers does not really mean they are being punished for sin)
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by AntiChristian: 8:38am On Mar 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

I have answered this in plain English language and you did not hear, so hopefully someone who speaks Cow Language could come along and interpret it to you.

Cow language?

You are now more like the Biblical Jesus that called Non-Believers (Gentiles) dogs!

And you will claim you have one Holy Spirit in you like this?
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by AntiChristian: 8:40am On Mar 17, 2022
thorpido:
Lol......I like how you maneuver...... it's typical anyway.I asked if they called themselves you tell me they showed ? grin angry

May the true light of God shine upon your heart.

Alright! So Polygamy is not forbidden according to the Bible. (Back from your diversions)
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by AntiChristian: 8:42am On Mar 17, 2022
advanceDNA:

U ddnt add the last one..you said he also gets violent sometimes...

Look Oga...you posts are to attack Christians, the Christians faith..u don’t deserve civil engagement

Didn't he get Violent? He is human! We all can get violent. That's not an abuse!

I will apologise if i abuse someone that is if the person didn't do worse first!
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:52am On Mar 17, 2022
AntiChristian:

Alright! So Polygamy is not forbidden according to the Bible. (Back from your diversions)

Jesus is the WORD, from Genesis to Revelation centered on him so if he forbids polygamy with his thoughts, words and actions then it's forbidden to Christians.
Before he became Christ he was a carpenter who taught nothing but focused on his carpentry work just as Moses taught nobody anything until God called him.
So whatever we can discern from Jesus' teachings after he became the Christ is binding on all those claiming CHRISTIANS! smiley
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by AntiChristian: 8:52am On Mar 17, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I can see that you're always troubled with my comments but your Islamic background won't allow you accept the truth.

Actually I'm amazed you could be humbled and lacked reasonable Bible evidence against Polygamy as you have been mumbling unrelated words since.

Jesus discouraged polygamy by selecting no polygamist in his choice of Apostles, even his disciples were shocked to the extent that they say "going by what you're saying, it's not advisable to marry at all" Matthew 19:10

Jesus didn't mention/talk about Polygamy but responded to divorce questions!
So you now mean his disciples were even forbidding marriage that was instituted by God?

Do you think such thoughts can come from a polygamist who has already has many wives? smiley
Many thoughts came from Polygamists Moses, David, Abraham and Jacob! Even Moses was said to be filled with the Spirit in Numbers.
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by AntiChristian: 8:59am On Mar 17, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus is the WORD, from Genesis to Revelation centered on him so if he forbids polygamy with his thoughts, words and actions then it's forbidden to Christians.
Before he became Christ he was a carpenter who taught nothing but focused on his carpentry work just as Moses taught nobody anything until God called him.
So whatever we can discern from Jesus' teachings after he became the Christ is binding on all those claiming CHRISTIANS! smiley

QUOTE ONE BIBLE VERSE ON POLYGAMY BEING FORBIDDEN! TOO MUCH WORDS NO CUT AM
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:01am On Mar 17, 2022
AntiChristian:

Actually I'm amazed you could be humbled and lacked reasonable Bible evidence against Polygamy as you have been mumbling unrelated words since.
Unreasonableness starts when you choose to follow the path that has brought troubles in the lives of people before you simply because they survived it! wink
AntiChristian:

Jesus didn't mention/talk about Polygamy but responded to divorce questions!
So you now mean his disciples were even forbidding marriage that was instituted by God?
Jesus didn't forbid marriage rather he advised his disciples that it will be easier for them if they're not married during the end time because marriage will make the journey to Paradise more difficult for many. So from his opinion it's better to get to Paradise and marry when there will be nothing like hardship that can cripple your marriage.
AntiChristian:

Many thoughts came from Polygamists Moses, David, Abraham and Jacob! Even Moses was said to be filled with the Spirit in Numbers.
God didn't present any of them as the person we should learn from, Jesus is the one and only person about whom God said:

“This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved. Listen to him.” Matthew 17:5 smiley
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:04am On Mar 17, 2022
AntiChristian:

QUOTE ONE BIBLE VERSE ON POLYGAMY BEING FORBIDDEN! TOO MUCH WORDS NO CUT AM

It's not about quoting word for word like your Qu'ran my friend, it's about principles of great benefits that's written in our hearts as we read the thoughts, words and actions of Jesus Christ! Jeremiah 31:33 wink
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by advanceDNA: 9:15am On Mar 17, 2022
AntiChristian:

Didn't he get Violent? He is human! We all can get violent. That's not an abuse!

I will apologise if i abuse someone that is if the person didn't do worse first!

Oh So you can attack Jesus now but not is message yet you were crying when I emphasized on your motives rather than your message...
You see your hypocrisy again..??

See, I don’t have to do this with you...
You are not worth it...
You attack other people’s faith just to validate your own....if your religion made sense by it self...u won’t need the invalidate the Bible to justify Quran and hideous prophet’s practice
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by AntiChristian: 9:20am On Mar 17, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Unreasonableness starts when you choose to follow the path that has brought troubles in the lives of people before you simply because they survived it! wink
Rumblings of an old mind!

Jesus didn't forbid marriage rather he advised his disciples that it will be easier for them if they're not married during the end time because marriage will make the journey to Paradise more difficult for many. So from his opinion it's better to get to Paradise and marry when there will be nothing like hardship that can cripple your marriage.
When you have the urge and you still refuse to marry when you are able? Jesus was telling the Children to come to him yet he advised people not to marry? So why did you marry and let your offspring marry too?

God didn't present any of them as the person we should learn from, Jesus is the one and only person about whom God said:

Your God is funny! He filled Moses with the holy spirit yet we can't learn from him. Jesus had the same holy spirit and was a Prophet like Moses but we are to learn from Jesus alone. How absurd!

“This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved. Listen to him.” Matthew 17:5 smiley
Is this your accept me as your Lord and saviour? Seems you are getting really old sir.
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:23am On Mar 17, 2022
AntiChristian:
Rumblings of an old mind!
When you have the urge and you still refuse to marry when you are able? Jesus was telling the Children to come to him yet he advised people not to marry? So why did you marry and let your offspring marry too?
Your God is funny! He filled Moses with the holy spirit yet we can't learn from him. Jesus had the same holy spirit and was a Prophet like Moses but we are to learn from Jesus alone. How absurd!
Is this your accept me as your Lord and saviour? Seems you are getting really old sir.

When they begin insulting, abusing and cursing you as you often do due to your frustration you will start shouting
"attack the message not the messenger"
I wonder why you often resort to childishness anytime your opinion is not accepted! smiley
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by AntiChristian: 9:46am On Mar 17, 2022
advanceDNA:

Oh So you can attack Jesus now but not is message yet you were crying when I emphasized on your motives rather than your message...
You see your hypocrisy again..??

See, I don’t have to do this with you...
You are not worth it...
You attack other people’s faith just to validate your own....if your religion made sense by it self...u won’t need the invalidate the Bible to justify Quran and hideous prophet’s practice

You started this when you decided to attack the person and not the original post!
If a man has two wives (Back to the Orighinal Post)

You can be mute if you have no argument for or against the topic!
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by AntiChristian: 9:51am On Mar 17, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

It's not about quoting word for word like your Qu'ran my friend, it's about principles of great benefits that's written in our hearts as we read the thoughts, words and actions of Jesus Christ! Jeremiah 31:33 wink

Alright! If you have no verse about it then forget it!
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by advanceDNA: 9:54am On Mar 17, 2022
AntiChristian:

You started this when you decided to attack the person and not the original post!
If a man has two wives (Back to the Orighinal Post)

You can be mute if you have no argument for or against the topic!

Thank God we are back to square one....
My stand has not changed...
You don’t deserve a civil dialogue on this matter because your intentions are for ridicule
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by advanceDNA: 9:58am On Mar 17, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

When they begin insulting, abusing and cursing you as you often do due to your frustration you will start shouting
I wonder why you often resort to childishness anytime your opinion is not accepted! smiley

I don’t understand why you chose to engage this guy when you already know his motive is to ridicule the Bible and Jesus....his mind is closed. You cannot get to him with your explanations..
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by AntiChristian: 10:02am On Mar 17, 2022
advanceDNA:

Thank God we are back to square one....
My stand has not changed...
You don’t deserve a civil dialogue on this matter because your intentions are for ridicule

Now it's proven you are here to attack me and not to attack the post!
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by AntiChristian: 10:09am On Mar 17, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Bring verse against polygamy you can't! Then you said Unreasonableness starts when you choose to follow the path that has brought troubles in the lives of people before you simply because they survived it! wink

How is the above quote from you related to POLYGAMY VERSE REQUESTED FROM YOU?

Do i need to quote the other unrelated diversions you wrote?

I am childish as i am still a youth! You are old cos you are no more a youth!
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:21pm On Mar 17, 2022
AntiChristian:

Alright! If you have no verse about it then forget it!
I'm not forcing it on you unlike your Islam that is forced down the throat of your victims, in Christianity we understand our God and we love to live by His principles which are of great benefits to us! Isaiah 48:17-18 smiley

1 Like

Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:22pm On Mar 17, 2022
advanceDNA:

I don’t understand why you chose to engage this guy when you already know his motive is to ridicule the Bible and Jesus....his mind is closed. You cannot get to him with your explanations..
I engage him to show him the difference between understanding a God of love and worshiping gods of unreasonableness! smiley
Re: If A Man Has Two Wives..? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:25pm On Mar 17, 2022
AntiChristian:

Bring verse against polygamy you can't! Then you said Unreasonableness starts when you choose to follow the path that has brought troubles in the lives of people before you simply because they survived it! wink
How is the above quote from you related to POLYGAMY VERSE REQUESTED FROM YOU?
Do i need to quote the other unrelated diversions you wrote?
I am childish as i am still a youth! You are old cos you are no more a youth!

The highlighted says it all!
Older ones knew that polygamy is evil because it has led to troubles that has not been resolved from the beginning until now!

Do you claim that Abraham had wives? go and find out why the children of his different wives are perpetual enemies till today! wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Women Pastors / When Can A Divorcee Remarry? / Kenotic Doctrine Vs Trinity Doctrine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.