Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,129 members, 7,818,385 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? (15434 Views)

Best State For Prospective Corp Member To Serve In Nigeria / I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc / My Sister Posted To Adamawa State. What Do I Do? Can I Defer It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? by Wayarda(m): 9:02pm On Mar 18, 2022
Adamawa is safe my brother. Pls feel free

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? by Madewithlove: 9:02pm On Mar 18, 2022
It's really safe I work there during batch b stream 1 2021. Nothing to fear.

2 Likes

Re: How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? by Idowuay123: 9:04pm On Mar 18, 2022
It's all depends on where she will be posted to within Adamawa.

I served in Mubi (second biggest town in Adamawa) in 2009/2010 and it was still a bit ok then but can't guarantee you of any security now.

A friend who was retained as a lecturer was killed in Mubi in 2012 right inside his room.

Also, it's nothing less than two days journey from the South West.

My advice, except you're very sure she will be posted to Yola town, I cannot guarantee you of any security in other local governments.

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? by yusfatedeeprof(m): 9:06pm On Mar 18, 2022
raymondhillmimi:
My Fiancée was posted to Adamawa state for orientation, I mean WTF would NYSC still have an orientation camp in a state sharing the same border with Borno the red Zone!
Nothing will happen to her in orientation camp. She can redeploy to her state of choice for free in camp on insecurity ground. But she has to do her 3weeks orientation there first.

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? by emperortony: 9:16pm On Mar 18, 2022
Camped in damare, in 2018. It was peaceful then, although there is an option to relocate due to insecurity. She could take that option too.
Re: How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? by ALEXTIHNK07: 9:16pm On Mar 18, 2022
please I know is futminna good like is the university OK
Re: How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? by ALEXTIHNK07: 9:18pm On Mar 18, 2022
please is futminna good like is the university OK
Re: How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? by liasmiram2567: 9:19pm On Mar 18, 2022
keentola:
According to a priori statistics released recently, about 70% of the country is not safe.

You can get these books on SECURITY to protect yourself.

Personal Security by Richard Branson
Principles of Personal Defense by Jeff Cooper
How to be Invincible by Muhammadu Buhari

Where did you get you statistics?

Re: How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? by Evangsimon: 9:20pm On Mar 18, 2022
Adamawa is safe my brother. I served in Yola in 2017, infact na where I meet my wife. Do not panic oh

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? by dnapstar(m): 9:21pm On Mar 18, 2022
Very safe. Was in yola last month.

2 Likes

Re: How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? by Segtobi(m): 9:24pm On Mar 18, 2022
My wife was posted there last year March. Due to the short time we had, she boarded a flight to Abuja. From there to Jos on that same day. Then she left Jos the next day for Adamawa. She didn't encounter any challenge on her way there, but on her way to the Camp, she was told by someone to wear any of the clothes she took along, on her NYSC khaki whenever she's leaving Camp.

Then while she was in Camp, she complained so much about the heat. It was so bad Corps Members' phones were getting damaged. Their phones were going off, without being able to switch them back on.

In order to redeploy, she went with a medical report, which helped her secure the redeployment.

We were unable to book a flight for her back to Lagos, because we didn't know when she was likely to finish or when she might even get to Abuja after the Orientation Camp. So, she had to travel back by road. This isn't to scare you, but it was a terrible journey.

She got a bus straight to Lagos from Camp. There were other buses as well, and one of the buses was attacked, but the driver was able to maneuver somehow. The bus was the one behind my wife's. So, it's possible other buses were attacked too. Also, she noticed her bus driver was over speeding. They were all complaining, until he told them he has to get to a town before a particular time so as to avoid being attacked. Hence, the reason he was over speeding.

She got home safely, but she fell ill the next day and it was indeed a scary one.

PS: Please send a mail if you need any info.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? by NoToPile: 9:30pm On Mar 18, 2022
Camped there batch C 2011 grin memories, stayed, was posted to Yola, GDDS Gwadabawa grin.

Cross country used to have camp arrangement then, that's what I used to camp.

For subsequent journeys, From Lagos you leave Ijora around 3pm and get there the next afternoon, let's say 4 pm depending on how the road is.

Things have changed now, don't know how safe is it to travel by road to that place and I think the nearest airport then was in Gombe. And if you are going by road from south west you must travel by night at some point in your journey. It's not safe nowadays I think, it was an adventure then crossing plenty states, eating pounded yam at Benue.

I Didn't work for one day at the school, that was during the mubi crises I think, Corpers were running to Yola town. The fear on their faces was terrible, one corper doctor attached to an hospital who ran to Yola town was narrating the bodies he saw, the guy was so traumatized, he came in the evening early the next morning he left for the east we said he should rest small for where, he did attache luxurious bus oo, because he didn't book down, he was that traumatized.

I think later in early February there was a mass relocation and some of us left for Abuja NYSC camp and we got relocated.

Yola is generally peaceful except theres a major crises.

2 Likes

Re: How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? by jimmyolasun: 9:31pm On Mar 18, 2022
thatigboman1:
Where's the proof?

Una just like unnecessary whining...
Re: How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? by Smithwilliams826: 9:35pm On Mar 18, 2022
Nowhere is safe in these country.
Re: How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? by uchman46(m): 9:36pm On Mar 18, 2022
Adamawa is very safe I stay close to the camp.
Re: How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? by grandstar(m): 9:42pm On Mar 18, 2022
raymondhillmimi:
My Fiancée was posted to Adamawa state for orientation, I mean WTF would NYSC still have an orientation camp in a state sharing the same border with Borno the red Zone!

There are only 4 states affected by violent islamists and they are Bornu, Yobe, Adamawa and now Niger. The first 3 are prominent while Niger state is the least affected.

It seems things have improved considerably ever since the government brought in fighter jets recently. It seems they have greatly reduced the islamists strengths and IDP's have started returning home.

Also, it may also surprise one that not all areas even at the hardest of times are affected by the terrorists.

I suggest you find out from people on the ground. Also, enquire from lorry drivers who ply northern routes.

I would suggest she doesn't go. I personally would not feel at ease.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? by Nwtptx(m): 9:43pm On Mar 18, 2022
Adamawa is very safe.I stay in Jimeta Yola,I kno the State Director and his lieutenants plus d commandant.I work with the FG here.The camp isnt far from town
Re: How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? by Gentlerespect76: 10:00pm On Mar 18, 2022
godswilld10:

guy relax I was posted to Adamawa in 2016,we had to camp in taraba....I know wat am talking abt....the situation now might be calm and ok but in 2016 it was different
Stop it, the security situation has improved seriously. There is no problem except the usual Nigeria wahala.
Re: How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? by Igjeneral: 10:00pm On Mar 18, 2022
raymondhillmimi:

shocked

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? by Gentlerespect76: 10:02pm On Mar 18, 2022
raymondhillmimi:

Send a mail to me. You have nothing to worry about. Where is she coming from?
Re: How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? by godswilld10(m): 10:04pm On Mar 18, 2022
Gentlerespect76:

Stop it, the security situation has improved seriously. There is no problem except the usual Nigeria wahala.
stop wat,I dnt trade words with people like u.......read my post again this time slowly n check d year
Re: How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? by Babisha10(m): 10:16pm On Mar 18, 2022
Guy Adamawa is a safe place more especially the southern nd central zone, don't mind those saying isn't safe, tho no place is now safe in this corn3

2 Likes

Re: How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? by olahammed: 10:16pm On Mar 18, 2022
[quote author=raymondhillmimi post=111094971]My Fiancée was posted to Adamawa state for orientation, I mean WTF would NYSC still have an orientation camp in a state sharing the same border with Borno the red Zone![Guy, Adamawa is safe, dont let anybody lie to you. If she stay in yola or jimeta believe me she will enjoy it.]

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? by philipstanley(m): 10:21pm On Mar 18, 2022
I'm currently serving in Adamawa in Mubi to be presice. Adamawa is peaceful except for the hot weather here

2 Likes

Re: How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? by Gentlerespect76: 10:22pm On Mar 18, 2022
godswilld10:

stop wat,I dnt trade words with people like u.......read my post again this time slowly n check d year

Boy listen, show some respect despite that this is a faceless forum. I served in Adamawa in the year 2003. Where were you then? Calculate the difference with 2016. You are just a child. For your information, I have not lived 2 months outside Yola since 2003. Go and sit down, please. Adamawa is safe.

2 Likes

Re: How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? by Vuresolo(m): 10:23pm On Mar 18, 2022
raymondhillmimi:
Did my 3 weeks there, it's an amazing experience.. Bro allow her get that experience then she can redeploy later...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? by godswilld10(m): 10:33pm On Mar 18, 2022
Gentlerespect76:

Boy listen, show some respect despite that this is a faceless forum. I served in Adamawa in the year 2003. Where were you then? Calculate the difference with 2016. You are just a child. For your information, I have not lived 2 months outside Yola since 2003. Go and sit down, please. Adamawa is safe.
Man that doesn't want to respect his age listen,I redeploy back to south on security ground so don't come and tell me what I know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? by Dmoyes23(m): 10:42pm On Mar 18, 2022
I lived and worked in Adamawa for 2 years,before leaving for Bauchi this month, I visited all local government area’s in Adamawa, and nothing happened bro even visited Belle a town under Maiha LGA, they share border with Cameroun, nothing ever happened!

She is safe, and the town is peaceful!
Forget about media, there is also an international airport if she wants to visit you or you want to come see her, I’m not from the north, but I really enjoy working here

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? by Luu40: 10:43pm On Mar 18, 2022
It's just Camp. If she wants to go, let her.
Sometimes insecurity is highly exaggerated on social media.

Two years ago, I got posted to Taraba state to serve, had I heeded all the messy things pepole told me about the state, I wouldn't have gone there.
In the end, I went, I served the whole year before coming back home.

I wish her good luck in her pursuits

2 Likes

Re: How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? by ovye15: 11:00pm On Mar 18, 2022
I dont know the location you are posting from, but I can confidently say your location is not safer than Adamawa as we speak. From Lamurde, to Numan, to Jimeta, Yola, Fuffore, Mubi, to Michika, Ganye, Song, Hong, Jadda and most places, the security challenges are the traditional structural conflicts, with major issue being that of farmers and herders and Shilla boys.
There is work on building resilience and social cohesion among communities once attacked by BH and other conflict.
Social life is at beheave in Jimeta and Numan but life is generally fair.

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? by YourFavorite21(m): 11:05pm On Mar 18, 2022
I was born in Yola, Adamawa state, but I'm schooling in the East, though my parents still dey stay there. I do visit them during vacation, @Op, I assure that your wife will be okay, Adamawa is a lovely place to stay, I go like serve there sef.

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Adamawa State For NYSC? by Engrmustyboss(m): 11:07pm On Mar 18, 2022
I am from Adamawa, the state is very very safe! She's highly welcome

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! / What Is Holding Rivers State Government From Paying Us Our Allowance? / NYSC Graduate Internship At General Electric For Nigerian Graduates 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.