Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,102 members, 7,818,294 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard (17377 Views)

Inside G-5 Governors’ Deal With Tinubu - Vanguard / Oba Of Oniru Standing Behind Tinubu As ADC In 2007 (Picture) / Adams Oshiomhole, One Of “The Three Musketeers” Behind Tinubu's Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard by Ugonna62: 8:15am On Mar 17, 2022
Failures are always the first to go to school,by the time the real politiking start after the party primaries,tinubu will prefare to go back to chicago to cont.his drug biznes,because i dont see how 50% votes from sw and 50 %from nw will make tinubu president,vangurd rightly reminded tinubu that se,sw cant vote for him,and since there is no monolitic north, he is not even sure if he can get 50%of all northern vote.infact tinubu lifetime ambition is dead on arrival, he and his urching should stop making noise.
Re: 2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard by PlayerMeji: 8:18am On Mar 17, 2022
So he should wait for me?
Re: 2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard by meditator(m): 8:24am On Mar 17, 2022
hopeforcharles:
Sincerely speaking when will we learn, doesn't it means that there is not younger healthy Adults who should campaign? Why must we want to recycle ♻️ old rulers �? I would suggest he goes and rest ,Nigeria is to vast for his feeble body.
Who is stopping adults like you and the rest from campaigning ? Campaigns does not start neither does it end on social media, here in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard by Franking: 8:27am On Mar 17, 2022
Ethnicity is the game. Nigeria has no business being together.
Re: 2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard by AbijaJ: 8:32am On Mar 17, 2022
Any presidential aspirant that consults with Royal fathers will equally get their well-wishes and blessings, and that includes Osinbajo (if and when he decides to declare). Tinubu was just clever enough to be the first to seek their endorsement. The writer is just being unnecessarily sentimental.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard by silibaba: 8:36am On Mar 17, 2022
Re: 2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 17, 2022
The Ancestors that failed Peter Odili & Good luck Jonathan they did promised to make president I don't believe in that bullshit . Almighty God have the final say I prefer Osibanjo,Amechi or Fashola even Peter Obi to that old sick dude.though Tinubu is very intelligent he's smarty manuvering the political spheres that should be studying by any political aspiring students I respect for him that.
Re: 2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard by MoIbrahim: 8:39am On Mar 17, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Tinubu juju don dey clear for Dem eyes

We will be here to read about Tinubu disgrace grin

You want to see the crab blink? You go tey for shore grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard by pacespot(m): 8:43am On Mar 17, 2022
What do you expect from stomach infrastructure obas, but do not blame them yet, because we haven't seen other aspirants visiting them like this frogeyed fraud.
Re: 2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard by PenSniper: 8:47am On Mar 17, 2022
yanabasee:
Doesn't matter.... They support what they believed on.... You don't expect them to take years to come into terms with the fact that Tinubu has done alot and they've seen and attest to his capabilities....

Has done a lot in massive looting of the common treasury and dashing the obas jeeps from the criminal loot ?
Re: 2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard by PenSniper: 8:49am On Mar 17, 2022
yanabasee:

They supported him knowing that, a man who is wealthy can make everyone wealthy ...

Same way he made Lagosians "wealthy" ?
Re: 2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard by samfrancis1(m): 8:49am On Mar 17, 2022
You don’t expect them not to support when they know there’s a billion van …
Re: 2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 17, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

And your disgrace too

Since you want him disgraced

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard by hotseat: 8:54am On Mar 17, 2022
Op, your desperate attempt at discrediting the Obas for endorsing Asiwaju's presidential bid is neither here nor there.

Tinubu is a dye in the wool politician, a master strategist and an astute tactician who knows when to strike the hammer while the iron is hot.

The early bird, they say, catches the worm.

The Obas who are the fathers to all other aspirants in the South West must have done their homework before endorsing the presidential bid of the Asiwaju.

It is better to put your best foot forward.

Let us be reminded that many are called but few are chosen.

Yoruba elders have chosen the Jagaban!

Other traditional rulers are free to endorse their own aspirants without qualms.

For now...

#TinubuTheChosenOne!

He did it for Lagos State, he can do it for Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard by oladipuposadeeq(m): 8:55am On Mar 17, 2022
Most of them no get sense jare. The only thing they know is money
Re: 2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard by NoFucksToGive: 8:56am On Mar 17, 2022
[s]
Dsalvo:

Sharap IPOBian. Who send you? Go to IPOBland.com to peddle your crap. No one is interested to hear your bingo noise on a Nigerian forum. Get lost.
[/s]

Typical iliterate... In your mind everyone who counters your trash is ipob ? grin

Go to school you won't agree instead you want to hang at busstops collecting money grin

Thief ...

1 Like

Re: 2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard by sokera: 9:00am On Mar 17, 2022
Children of hate have start again … what is the crime here ? As long as no other yoruba politician is coming out so no wahala … no other yoruba politician will contest again Jagaban… The entire Yoruba Race are with you except for the minority mixed yoruba blood and the bastards.., but we the true soon of yoruba land are with Jagaban… and as for the children of hate you better go to your region and tell any of your fathers to contest again our Jagaban…
Re: 2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard by Onogiede(m): 9:08am On Mar 17, 2022
Nonpartisan1:

Did you even care to read the article before pouring spits everywhere? All these ipob yoots are really dull.
God punished you there for calling one tribe, I they the only one currently suffering the mess your southwest put all of us now,...full Edo blood.. True are stands
Re: 2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard by famology(m): 9:08am On Mar 17, 2022
Tinubu has paid his dues. Know that and know peace.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard by olamike02: 9:09am On Mar 17, 2022
Oga the kings are the custodian of the believe and system of their people. They are opened to all their subjects. If your own people are afraid to throw their caps in the ring it takes nothing from the Jagaban's declaration and the support he got from all the royal fathers. Promote your own candidate and leave the rest to the electorate.
Re: 2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard by famology(m): 9:12am On Mar 17, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

E can pain...
Salty tears!... Lol

1 Like

Re: 2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard by shinealight(m): 9:12am On Mar 17, 2022
jbow:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/03/2023-yoruba-obas-are-wrong-to-unite-too-hastily-behind-tinubu/

….And who is the writer of this article to say the Obas are wrong? To say the collective Wisdom of the Yoruba Obas is misplaced? What audacity, what impudence!
Re: 2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 17, 2022
helinues:
From special PA's of all Yoruba Obas.

Anyways, we are yet to put Lagos-Ibadan express way media into action

grin

Ochereome Nnanna when he was the Chairman of Vanguard Editorial Board said Yorubas are sophisticated m o n r o o n.

That statement is the spirit and believe of the Vanguard Newspaper. Old man like Kola Animashaun should not be found around that paper but for survival at old age.

Vanguard never supported MKO Abiola struggle but fought the battle of life in support of Jonathan. Almost 8 years, Vanguard is yet to recover from the loss suffered in that battle.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard by famology(m): 9:16am On Mar 17, 2022
helinues:

Guy, I do no think you are a toddler, at least you must have grown..

How do you expect me in particular to be repeating same thing over and over again.. Can't you make your independent contribution and Waka like other NL'S?

Must you argue all the time? Must you attack others always?

Even when the likes of Hope for Nigeria, Late scan news owner, Maiyegun, Bunmi, Obafemi all those people are the earlier political commenters on Nigeria social media, even for the fact that they are in opposition, we are all friends.

Politics no be fight, politics no be gree die most especially as we are only a spectator not the real players.

I do not think anything would happen to you if you always overlook my comments and Waka, or would something happen.

I can't continue repeating myself to you to stop mentioning me, yet proving no point.

You have used 3 different monikers just to attack me just this morning, say wetin happen.

Respect is reciprocal, for once respect yourself and stop mentioning me upadan

PrinceOfLagos swaggerjack ityP

Bro learn to ignore that lunatic.
Re: 2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard by king4afric(m): 9:17am On Mar 17, 2022
This is to tell the West that there Oba's dont want Nigeria to progress so it is going to be from fraying pan to fire , PMB is the worsed Nigeria President and Jagaban want to continue from where he stopped.
Re: 2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard by Jaboranky(m): 9:17am On Mar 17, 2022
And it is true,I don't anything tangible Tinubu is coming to offer Nigerians,from his looks and most of his speeches, he is just want to achieve a long time ambition, and looting of the highest order will begin,someone that has a case with Efcc during obj time,what will become of the Agency if u eventually becomes president,meaning if u fraud no problem because oga self hand no clean.......is that we want now,pls osinbajo should b allowed this time APC I DEY BEG UNA
Re: 2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard by Karmaisme(m): 9:22am On Mar 17, 2022
yanabasee:

They supported him knowing that, a man who is wealthy can make everyone wealthy ...

What is the source of that wealth?

You are part of the problem we are having in Nigeria.
Re: 2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard by VULCAN(m): 9:23am On Mar 17, 2022
This is why comprehension is very important while reading.

Anyway, who knows if you even bothered to read it?

Mediocrity has become a badge of honour in Nigeria now.

Let me translate the article for you-

The traditional leaders all made specific pronouncements that imply that no other candidate should bother coming to them as Tinubu is the choice of the Gods.

Traditional rulers are not supposed to amount any particular candidate. They should pray equally for all even if they have a preferred candidate in their heart.

Let me stop there.

You can try and read the article now if you care to.
wengerjay:
They have done nothing wrong.
The palaces of the kings are open to their subjects or whoever want to aspire for any political post.
He only consulted them and sought for their blessings and support.
Any other aspirant can do that irrespective of where he or she comes from.
Re: 2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard by shinealight(m): 9:24am On Mar 17, 2022
Ugonna62:
Failures are always the first to go to school,by the time the real politiking start after the party primaries,tinubu will prefare to go back to chicago to cont.his drug biznes,because i dont see how 50% votes from sw and 50 %from nw will make tinubu president,vangurd rightly reminded tinubu that se,sw cant vote for him,and since there is no monolitic north, he is not even sure if he can get 50%of all northern vote.infact tinubu lifetime ambition is dead on arrival, he and his urching should stop making noise.

….you mean Failures like you are always the first to go school? No wonder you want to spoil the English language by writing ‘prefare’ for “prefer”. You need to go back to school first before coming here to lecture anyone!! shocked shocked
Re: 2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard by obinoral1179(m): 9:38am On Mar 17, 2022
helinues:

Guy, I do no think you are a toddler, at least you must have grown..

How do you expect me in particular to be repeating same thing over and over again.. Can't you make your independent contribution and Waka like other NL'S?

Must you argue all the time? Must you attack others always?

Even when the likes of Hope for Nigeria, Late scan news owner, Maiyegun, Bunmi, Obafemi all those people are the earlier political commenters on Nigeria social media, even for the fact that they are in opposition, we are all friends.

Politics no be fight, politics no be gree die most especially as we are only a spectator not the real players.

I do not think anything would happen to you if you always overlook my comments and Waka, or would something happen.

I can't continue repeating myself to you to stop mentioning me, yet proving no point.

You have used 3 different monikers just to attack me just this morning, say wetin happen.

Respect is reciprocal, for once respect yourself and stop mentioning me upadan

PrinceOfLagos swaggerjack ityP
That guy is a frustrated....
Re: 2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard by jaxxy(m): 9:41am On Mar 17, 2022
wengerjay:
They have done nothing wrong.
The palaces of the kings are open to their subjects or whoever want to aspire for any political post.
He only consulted them and sought for their blessings and support.
Any other aspirant can do that irrespective of where he or she comes from.

I want to run for President is different from they must make me president or give it to me by force because it is my birth right.
Re: 2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard by Ugonna62: 9:41am On Mar 17, 2022
shinealight:

….you mean Failures like you are always the first to go school? No wonder you want to spoil the English language by writing ‘prefare’ for “prefer”. You need to go back to school first before coming here to lecture anyone!! shocked shocked
Prof.thank you for getting my point eventhou you had nothing sensible to say , i am not here to lecture any brainwashed idiots,my point is ur god tinubu cannot be nig president and morons like you will not be allow to deciev nigerians and foist another deadwood as president.take it to the bank.and get that into ur empty head.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hezbollah Terror Cell Uncovered In Kano / How To Check If Your PVC Is Ready For Collection At INEC Office / Fares Soar, Tension Rises As Anambra Fumes Over Tuesday’s IPOB Sit-At-Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.