Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,982 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Pelumi Olajengbesi: ₦20 Million APC Chairmanship Form Is Ridiculous - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pelumi Olajengbesi: ₦20 Million APC Chairmanship Form Is Ridiculous (10203 Views)

Minister, Emeka Nwajiuba Purchases N100 Million APC Presidential Ticket (Photos) / NDLEA Should Parade Abba Kyari With 25kg Cocaine, $61,400 — Pelumi Olajengbesi / DSS Feeds Igboho’s Aides With ‘Engine Oil’ Soup – Pelumi Olajengbesi, Lawyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pelumi Olajengbesi: ₦20 Million APC Chairmanship Form Is Ridiculous by adenigga(m): 11:31am On Mar 19, 2022
An Abuja-based human rights lawyer, Pelumi Olajengbesi, has described as ridiculous the N20m chairmanship nomination form fee charged by the All Progressives Congress.

In a statement on Friday, the lawyer said the ruling party should have shown support for youths and women contesting party electoral seats by giving interested persons at least 75 per cent discount.

The PUNCH had reported that ahead of its March 26 National Convention, the APC had said aspirants vying for the office of national chairman of the ruling party would pay N20m to obtain forms.

This is as the forms for deputy national chairman will sell for N10m while zonal chairmen and other officers would pay N5m to obtain nomination forms.

The party also said female aspirants and people with disabilities would pay 50 per cent of all the aforementioned rates.

But in the statement titled, ‘APC National Chairmanship 20M Nomination Form is Ridiculous’, Olajengbesi said the party should also have slashed the fee for youths as a form of encouragement and inclusion.

He said, “Political parties in Nigeria are clearly dishonest about their readiness to encourage, assimilate and give young men and women the much needed room and encouragement to participate in the political process, and this is underscored by the monetisation of the entire process from the picking of nomination or intent forms to the width of consultation and ‘compromises’ on the political trail. I would know.

“My long time friend, Mohammed Saidu Etsu, a founding member of the APC is a 35 years old man who indicated interest to be the National Chairman of the APC and I promised him I’d buy him his nomination form as a show of support for his ambition only for me to hear last night that the APC National Chairmanship Form goes for 20 million naira. I wondered at my promise immediately.

“I, however, gave him N5million naira towards that end and other well meaning friends and family raised the N15million in less than three hours, and I must say I am really proud of the demonstrated enthusiasm and support for his ambition by mutuals.

“I met Mohammed Saidu Etsu in the University of Abuja where about nine of us shared the same room. We all usually slept on the hard floor together before we bought a bed. I know Mohammed is a decent, hard working and cosmopolitan young man who will certainly make impact in our country. He was at my office after picking his form and I wish him well in his election.”

Source: https://punchng.com/N20m-APC-chairmanship-form-ridiculous-Lawyer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi: ₦20 Million APC Chairmanship Form Is Ridiculous by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 19, 2022
Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi: ₦20 Million APC Chairmanship Form Is Ridiculous by spydera: 11:40am On Mar 19, 2022
20 milla wow...
How far our leaders of tomorrow?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi: ₦20 Million APC Chairmanship Form Is Ridiculous by tollyboy5(m): 11:43am On Mar 19, 2022
spydera:
20 milla wow...
How far our leaders of tomorrow?
Lol if i get 20m na form i go buy lol. When im not mad. grin

33 Likes

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi: ₦20 Million APC Chairmanship Form Is Ridiculous by LeoDeKing: 12:15pm On Mar 19, 2022
What's ridiculous about 20m for presidential form?

How much is athifku paying for Pdpeeg presidential form?

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi: ₦20 Million APC Chairmanship Form Is Ridiculous by Ekakamba: 12:26pm On Mar 19, 2022

APC P. Form: NGN20m
PDP P. Form: NGN40m.

Leaders of tomorrow and supporters united of these parties, wuna fit afford am?

grin tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi: ₦20 Million APC Chairmanship Form Is Ridiculous by nedubrazil111(m): 12:26pm On Mar 19, 2022

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi: ₦20 Million APC Chairmanship Form Is Ridiculous by DropsMic(m): 12:27pm On Mar 19, 2022
The weird ways of the Negro man

2 Likes

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi: ₦20 Million APC Chairmanship Form Is Ridiculous by planetE(m): 12:27pm On Mar 19, 2022
Lol!!! Only the youths that are rich will be active in the game of politics.

The poor ones are always riff raff. They are the ones carrying placards on the campaign grounds.

6 Likes

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi: ₦20 Million APC Chairmanship Form Is Ridiculous by JosephXavier: 12:27pm On Mar 19, 2022
How is Nigeria showing signs that it is ready to work

How are the citizens showing that they are tires of suffering and want to fix the country

Every sector in Nigeria is ridiculously dead and we all are not ready to fight for our dear country

U wonder if Nigeria still have a labour Union or is it that NLC has no leadership again

Oshiomole after decades of leaving office has still been the best and the most outstanding labour President

Workers are finding it difficult to go to work after a hike in transport fee due to fuel scarcity/fake fuel in circulation

Outrageous inflation
Hike in price if electricity
Lack of electricity
Hike in price if gas
Hike in price if foodstuffs

Yet they Labour Congress are their forming ignorance to all these

Goodluck no do reach this one before Nigeria was shut down

Nigerians are left to their fate

2 Likes

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi: ₦20 Million APC Chairmanship Form Is Ridiculous by CyberPreNurse(m): 12:28pm On Mar 19, 2022
Leaders of tomorrow can't afford to pay for this form

That's how we want it

Sai Baba

1 Like

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi: ₦20 Million APC Chairmanship Form Is Ridiculous by freelancerrr: 12:28pm On Mar 19, 2022
The form is expensive
Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi: ₦20 Million APC Chairmanship Form Is Ridiculous by olusam4: 12:28pm On Mar 19, 2022
Why these ppl does not the poor to smell the corridor of power at all.

God will surely put them to shame

Buy this quality footwear

Size:43
Price :15k

Negotiable

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi: ₦20 Million APC Chairmanship Form Is Ridiculous by TriCee: 12:28pm On Mar 19, 2022
Lol, even of they reduce it to 2million, will the women and youths even have enough money left to share the party delegates as usual?

My brother rest, it is party of gladiators and for gladiators.

1 Like

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi: ₦20 Million APC Chairmanship Form Is Ridiculous by Skillsnigeria: 12:29pm On Mar 19, 2022
grin
Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi: ₦20 Million APC Chairmanship Form Is Ridiculous by MajesticKris: 12:29pm On Mar 19, 2022
Ok... yet some people are saying the youth's are to lead.. if i get 20million watin i still dey this con3 Dey Do

That 20 Million Na the football Age, of the Real Money wey u go spend for campaign and Bribe oo!!

Election for Nigeria Na ur Mate grin

Since Na Founding Father grin He for collect the Form FREE Na grin

3 Likes

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi: ₦20 Million APC Chairmanship Form Is Ridiculous by Manny21: 12:30pm On Mar 19, 2022
Tell what else is not ridiculous about APC? Everything!

1 Like

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi: ₦20 Million APC Chairmanship Form Is Ridiculous by Realists(m): 12:30pm On Mar 19, 2022
It's fair, party chairman form fees shouldn't be less than 20 million, so that jokers won't have an avenue to distract us.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi: ₦20 Million APC Chairmanship Form Is Ridiculous by Lexusgs430: 12:30pm On Mar 19, 2022
How many youths, can afford ₦20,000,000..........

This our so called democracy, is rigged against good people .......

What use is a law,when the financial cost is punitive......

1 Like

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi: ₦20 Million APC Chairmanship Form Is Ridiculous by Forest122: 12:30pm On Mar 19, 2022
Did they forced you to buy, face your work mumu
Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi: ₦20 Million APC Chairmanship Form Is Ridiculous by Onyeziokwu(m): 12:30pm On Mar 19, 2022
Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi: ₦20 Million APC Chairmanship Form Is Ridiculous by Royals1st: 12:31pm On Mar 19, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Always read before you comment OP says chairmanship form not presidential form there different between chairmanship form and presidential form but even at that both amount for form is ridiculous

8 Likes

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi: ₦20 Million APC Chairmanship Form Is Ridiculous by abc115: 12:31pm On Mar 19, 2022
My long time friend, Mohammed Saidu Etsu, a founding member of the APC is a 35 years old man who indicated interest to be the National Chairman of the APC and I promised him I’d buy him his nomination form as a show of support for his ambition only for me to hear last night that the APC National Chairmanship Form goes for 20 million naira. I wondered at my promise immediately.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi: ₦20 Million APC Chairmanship Form Is Ridiculous by freelancerrr: 12:31pm On Mar 19, 2022
Only form
Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi: ₦20 Million APC Chairmanship Form Is Ridiculous by Omicron007: 12:33pm On Mar 19, 2022
[s]
LeoDeKing:

[/s]

When did Atiku/PDP become the standard or benchmark?

Zombies don't read.
Your comparison is even dumb to the extent that you are comparing a Presidential aspirant to an aspiring party chairman.

1 Like

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi: ₦20 Million APC Chairmanship Form Is Ridiculous by BabaIbo: 12:34pm On Mar 19, 2022
Wey some leaders of tomorrow wey dey instagram, twitter etc., dey wait for celebs giveaway, na dem wan afford this kind money?

grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Anyway, it is a form of investment because as it is now, the guy will probably gain more than that 20m one way OR the other, either through appointments, contracts etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi: ₦20 Million APC Chairmanship Form Is Ridiculous by almsofgold: 12:36pm On Mar 19, 2022
This country is an enabler of the corruption its fighting. 20mill for chairmanship form. How does he recover the money? Corruption and treachery of course. How much go come be presidential form? We're doomed as a nation undecided

3 Likes

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi: ₦20 Million APC Chairmanship Form Is Ridiculous by MansoryMX(m): 12:36pm On Mar 19, 2022
Wasted country
Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi: ₦20 Million APC Chairmanship Form Is Ridiculous by buckeyemedia: 12:36pm On Mar 19, 2022
CyberPreNurse:
Leaders of tomorrow can't afford to pay for this form

That's how we want it

Sai Baba
Speak for yourself, how much did Davido dash to those orphanages?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IPOB: We Have No Plan To Ban Facebook – Lai Mohammed / OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics / No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.