Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,829 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

War In Ukraine: 'America Is Learning The Art Of Humility' - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / War In Ukraine: 'America Is Learning The Art Of Humility' (28927 Views)

Truth About Ukraine/America Media Propaganda / 3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent / Russia - Ukraine War In Pictures, From The Frontlines (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: War In Ukraine: 'America Is Learning The Art Of Humility' by descartes400: 10:24am On Mar 20, 2022
Tmberwolf1:
To those that did not read the full article, what it summarily says is that the US is no longer imposing itself on other countries. Unlike before when they were neo colonialists, now they are seeing other developed countries as much needed and equal allies. This a good thing moving forward for the rest of the world especially for we Africans, giving the current political climate, it seems that the US has learnt to be humble.

How do you mean US is no longer imposing itself on other countries? They do that through subversive means behind close doors thereby creating internal crises by usurping governments that don't align with their interest and inserting puppets. I mean, look at the crisis they generated in Ukraine in 2014.....that has cumulated to the War we are seeing now. They have been surreptitiously encroaching into areas that are traditionally sphere of Russia influence and the world expects Russia to say Amen to that? undecided

6 Likes

Re: War In Ukraine: 'America Is Learning The Art Of Humility' by goodheart01: 10:24am On Mar 20, 2022
silvoclaira:
On one side Ukrainian president is crying about how bad their situation is, then comes the western propaganda on how weak is Russian forces . If that’s how weak Russian forces are then I guess Ukraine won’t need any nato weapons and help they can tackle all by themselves. Rather in couple of months Russian forces would have retreated to mars and elon musk would offer help to Ukraine for counter offensive to mars against Russian forces cheesy

Russian forces are weak if not they would have captured Kiev in no time as they kept bragging. I didn’t even expect Ukraine to be able to resist Russian might to this extent. So that makes many wonder what would happen if Russia faced US or NATO in a full conventional war

2 Likes

Re: War In Ukraine: 'America Is Learning The Art Of Humility' by kokomilala(m): 10:26am On Mar 20, 2022
Humbled? How? The US is fighting a proxy war with Russia,through its over $1 billion military aid and arms and ammunition to Ukraine. It has over 100,000 troops in NATO.
The US ,just like other concerned countries ,are just being careful ,because of the gory consequences of war. It's not that the US is humbled. It prefers to use quiet diplomacy and economic fight back instead.

4 Likes

Re: War In Ukraine: 'America Is Learning The Art Of Humility' by lymelyte(m): 10:27am On Mar 20, 2022
So Covid 19 is no more?

1 Like

Re: War In Ukraine: 'America Is Learning The Art Of Humility' by goodheart01: 10:31am On Mar 20, 2022
Latakia:
Biden and North Atlantic Terrorists Organization are restless and still can't believe Putin will go deep in Ukraine with her special operation. Biden is now running helter skelter and can't even concentrate on his job as the president of United States because of seeing Putin as his nightmare. Ndi America slaves on nairaland will still disagree with me cos of their believe on Hollywood war movies that the United States can't be defeat grin

Oga listen, because I know u are a cross- dresser, Putin is having no special operation in Ukraine, rather he’s having the biggest headache of his life this period. Yes Russia may have bombarded Ukraine largely which was expected but Putin is having a nightmare over the fact it’s 3wks now and he’s yet to humble Ukraine to her knees, despite the series of bombings.

Poor logistics, lack of planning, low fuel and help from US intelligence is hitting the Russians hard. At least u can see their tanks being torn to pieces too. Even if Russia eventually captures Ukraine, they have failed themselves and messed their reputation up. No one is ready to fear Russia’s might anymore because they are actually overhyped

2 Likes

Re: War In Ukraine: 'America Is Learning The Art Of Humility' by goodheart01: 10:37am On Mar 20, 2022
ken045501:
US and EU are powerless. They are biased body .. I wish and pray one day dollars will not be what it is today .. Fucc Americans

Dem don deny this one visa for 10yrs now... Lol

2 Likes

Re: War In Ukraine: 'America Is Learning The Art Of Humility' by Heterodox(m): 10:38am On Mar 20, 2022
People talking about Russia and US forgetting that any confrontation between both will wipe out life on earth, including that of their parents.

US understands and Russia understands that.

But Nairaland warmongers don't.

Anyway, what do you expect from illiterates?

3 Likes

Re: War In Ukraine: 'America Is Learning The Art Of Humility' by Basicend: 10:39am On Mar 20, 2022
Russia is an armed poor man trying to steer peaceful waters.

American, Canada, Germany etc have rich resources and have to be careful of a war now.

3 Likes

Re: War In Ukraine: 'America Is Learning The Art Of Humility' by ken045501: 10:39am On Mar 20, 2022
Your left ball.. mugu
Re: War In Ukraine: 'America Is Learning The Art Of Humility' by ken6488(m): 10:39am On Mar 20, 2022
goodheart01:

U didn’t read the article
I read it clearly assuming Russia was a small country NATO would have pounce on them

2 Likes

Re: War In Ukraine: 'America Is Learning The Art Of Humility' by ken6488(m): 10:40am On Mar 20, 2022
loswhite:
Foolish statement. Putin should go and attack NATO countries if he is not scared.
Putin is not interested in NATO countries, he only defend Russia sercurity interest
Re: War In Ukraine: 'America Is Learning The Art Of Humility' by ken6488(m): 10:41am On Mar 20, 2022
Basicend:

They are not scared per say. They are only trying as much as possible to prevent WW3.

It is not the best option.
Thats still scare. Because they no the results will be catastrophic
Re: War In Ukraine: 'America Is Learning The Art Of Humility' by Simplelion: 10:42am On Mar 20, 2022
meeky247:

Military generals can be replaced within minutes but destruction of lives and properties will take generations for it to be reconstructed. The truth is Ukraine are losing take it or leave it. US and NATO is on the sideline monitoring the advance weapon that Russia will use so as to improve there's, canada is taping on human resources in the name of helping with refugees all this will increase there human resources . Take a look at southeast after they lose to the FG no meaningful development again in that region. They have turned to begger for FG to do any meaningful project in that region.

Am not saying that war is good or that Russia are right but in the long run Ukraine will pay for every military equipment that the west gave to them and no nation will help them rebuild there nation. If u understand international politics well you will know that there is no free lunch.

next time before you quote me huh, make sure you come with an accurate fact nonsense, is your Godforsaken region better than South east? take a trip to South East at least bokoharam is not there so don't worry no body to bomb you or mine Ur skull,

you think it easy to be an army general? that you can come and replace with a minute. you must be joking anyway.

1 Like

Re: War In Ukraine: 'America Is Learning The Art Of Humility' by Upright750: 10:43am On Mar 20, 2022
seunny4lif:
Even in Baltic states, they know within theirselves that USA will not risk any Baltic for NY, CA.

USA is humble because of Nukes.
USA have never invaded any country with nukes especially those ones that can destroy USA also.

I knew USA military are good against defendless nations while USA pushed Georgia just like they did Ukraine.
for your information,USA fear of nuke is for you and i.the fight wont get to USA.

2 Likes

Re: War In Ukraine: 'America Is Learning The Art Of Humility' by goodheart01: 10:44am On Mar 20, 2022
Great0ne1:

They are scared of putin hypersonic missiles. America tested there own version, and it failed woefully.
For the idiots that likes to argue, this is a known fact.

You’re actually deluded

1 Like

Re: War In Ukraine: 'America Is Learning The Art Of Humility' by seunny4lif(m): 10:45am On Mar 20, 2022
angry grin
The fight wouldn’t get to USA if you get in involved? Maybe you know better than Pentagon
Upright750:
for your information,USA fear of nuke is for you and i.the fight wont get to USA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: War In Ukraine: 'America Is Learning The Art Of Humility' by Chigorkizz(m): 10:46am On Mar 20, 2022
The way people make analysis sometimes make me laugh.

The truth of the matter is the US is trying to avoid World war 111

They just don't want this war to escalate.

2 Likes

Re: War In Ukraine: 'America Is Learning The Art Of Humility' by Idaytesj29(m): 10:46am On Mar 20, 2022
MangekyoAlt:
honestly Russians arent really in fighting mood ATM. And it would likely remain that way until or unless any external forces challenges russia militarily. Or interfere in their internal affairs. I can imagine that this is why the US haven't DARED trying to overthrow putin. Whenever any country gets on the nerve on the USA, what they do is first is try to overthrow their president, replacing him with a friendly one. They've don it many countries. They've even tried it with Erdogan, the president of Turkey. I was surprised that they've never contemplated trying such nonsense with Putin and this article totally explains wht. According to the CIA, the Kremlin is the most coded place in the world. Putin has even started clearing off some elements that he doesn't trust fully. The moment he notices that the USA are trying anything, he would be sure to leak it to the Russians who wouldn't have any of it. So the hands of the US are tied right now. The more they decide to interfer in Russia's affairs, the more the Russian people would become anti-west which I'm sure they wouldn't want.

This is very funny. Yeltin, the man who was the president of Russia before putin, was a certified western ass licker. The man did as he was told to do by the USA as they constantly humiliated Russia. Note that while this man was ass licking the ass of the USA, he was still criticizing their move to expand NATO towards Russia despite the reason why NATO was crated, the USSR was no more. When putin took over, he was fairly pro west as well. His attempt to join NATO was thwarted. NATO needed an enemy and if russia joined, pretty much NATO would become a useless bloc.
https://foreignpolicy.com/2022/01/19/putin-russia-ukraine-nato-george-robertson/
Which is why Putin asked in Germany, 2007.
"Are we still your enemies that you keep on expanding your alliance towards us?"

It is obvious that after the dissolution of the USSR, Russia legit wanted to form ties with the USA and the west. But USA felt like they won the Cold war hence they can treat their former rivals which was now a shadow of his former self, however they like. They became the proud fućks that they've been known to be.

Meanwhile, If USA can manage to overthrow putin and replace him with a pro western president like they did with Ukraine, believe me they will treat Russia with more respect than they have since the fall of the USSR. But the thing is, it is too late.
Lavrov, 2 days ago said "the illusions of Russia forming ties with the West is all but over now".
Meaning, instead of trying to create ties with the West they will instead with China and others in Asia and South America and even Africa. Russia has been of late increasing their presence in Africa. I don't know if it is just me that notices it

God bless you. Thanks for sharing this. To so many here, let me tell you, Russia is not an enemy of the world, she is just protecting herself from an Enemy. Your own friend can be an enemy of somebody else. The fact that US is our friend as Nigerians does not mean they are also a friend of Russia. Leave Russia to address her challenges.

And No, US cannot afford to go to war with Russia. She knows better.
Re: War In Ukraine: 'America Is Learning The Art Of Humility' by Burgerlomo: 10:47am On Mar 20, 2022
Thisis2raw:
Underestimate America at your peril.

Watch has the power tussle will end.

Don't mind them

1 Like

Re: War In Ukraine: 'America Is Learning The Art Of Humility' by goodheart01: 10:47am On Mar 20, 2022
ken6488:
I read it clearly assuming Russia was a small country NATO would have pounce on them

U still didn’t read. Go back and read
Re: War In Ukraine: 'America Is Learning The Art Of Humility' by Cardealer2021(m): 10:57am On Mar 20, 2022
BigBashiru:

Life presidents are good and common... change of government causes lots of instability which is part of the problem Nigeria is having I.e. change of governmentevery 4 yrs. Queen Elizabeth is permanent president in UK. Merkel ruled Germany for 16 years or so.
So buhari should rule forever grin
Chai I can't believe I have same passport with you angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: War In Ukraine: 'America Is Learning The Art Of Humility' by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 20, 2022
Herbidemmy:
Humbled indeed

Let them be humbled, their intervention has never helped the recipient nations only destroyed them further, see Iraq, Kosovo, Syria and Libya.

Life under the so called dictators they were trying to remove was better than after their removals.
People don't forget history, others have wisened up.
Their form of democracy is destructive.

1 Like

Re: War In Ukraine: 'America Is Learning The Art Of Humility' by Cardealer2021(m): 11:05am On Mar 20, 2022
Kingozymandias:
[s][/s]

Trash

Muslims always crying as usual
Omo me tire for this Mohammed people ohhh
grin grin angry
Re: War In Ukraine: 'America Is Learning The Art Of Humility' by Oddfinder: 11:09am On Mar 20, 2022
lymelyte:
So Covid 19 is no more?
I'm stil in shock bro..this white people are witches

2 Likes

Re: War In Ukraine: 'America Is Learning The Art Of Humility' by Owerri1stSon: 11:11am On Mar 20, 2022
seunny4lif:
Even in Baltic states, they know within theirselves that USA will not risk any Baltic for NY, CA.

USA is humble because of Nukes.
USA have never invaded any country with nukes especially those ones that can destroy USA also.

I knew USA military are good against defendless nations while USA pushed Georgia just like they did Ukraine.

How and where did they kill Osama
Re: War In Ukraine: 'America Is Learning The Art Of Humility' by smeag0l(m): 11:15am On Mar 20, 2022
The US doesnt want a war because a war with a nuclear powerhouse will just be pointless. It will lead to so much devastation in the world that even if the US wins such war, they'll lose their credibility as a super power as the world will forever blame them for a war that could have been averted. This is what theyre avoiding

2 Likes

Re: War In Ukraine: 'America Is Learning The Art Of Humility' by Ugosample(m): 11:19am On Mar 20, 2022
MangekyoAlt:
honestly Russians arent really in fighting mood ATM. And it would likely remain that way until or unless any external forces challenges russia militarily. Or interfere in their internal affairs. I can imagine that this is why the US haven't DARED trying to overthrow putin. Whenever any country gets on the nerve on the USA, what they do is first is try to overthrow their president, replacing him with a friendly one. They've don it many countries. They've even tried it with Erdogan, the president of Turkey. I was surprised that they've never contemplated trying such nonsense with Putin and this article totally explains wht. According to the CIA, the Kremlin is the most coded place in the world. Putin has even started clearing off some elements that he doesn't trust fully. The moment he notices that the USA are trying anything, he would be sure to leak it to the Russians who wouldn't have any of it. So the hands of the US are tied right now. The more they decide to interfer in Russia's affairs, the more the Russian people would become anti-west which I'm sure they wouldn't want.

This is very funny. Yeltin, the man who was the president of Russia before putin, was a certified western ass licker. The man did as he was told to do by the USA as they constantly humiliated Russia. Note that while this man was ass licking the ass of the USA, he was still criticizing their move to expand NATO towards Russia despite the reason why NATO was crated, the USSR was no more. When putin took over, he was fairly pro west as well. His attempt to join NATO was thwarted. NATO needed an enemy and if russia joined, pretty much NATO would become a useless bloc.
https://foreignpolicy.com/2022/01/19/putin-russia-ukraine-nato-george-robertson/
"Are we still your enemies that you keep on expanding your alliance towards us?"

It is obvious that after the dissolution of the USSR, Russia legit wanted to form ties with the USA and the west. But USA felt like they won the Cold war hence they can treat their former rivals which was now a shadow of his former self, however they like. They became the proud fućks that they've been known to be.

Meanwhile, If USA can manage to overthrow putin and replace him with a pro western president like they did with Ukraine, believe me they will treat Russia with more respect than they have since the fall of the USSR. But the thing is, it is too late.
Lavrov, 2 days ago said "the illusions of Russia forming ties with the West is all but over now".
Meaning, instead of trying to create ties with the West they will instead with China and others in Asia and South America and even Africa. Russia has been of late increasing their presence in Africa. I don't know if it is just me that notices it

True
Re: War In Ukraine: 'America Is Learning The Art Of Humility' by BullyBullies: 11:22am On Mar 20, 2022
WriterNig:

Credit: [url=https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60799659?xtor=AL-72-%5Bpartner%5D-%5Bbbc.news.twitter%5D-%5Bheadline%5D-%5Bnews%5D-%5Bbizdev%5D-%5Bisapi%5D&at_custom4=5D3B76EE-A780-11EC-A4DB-A4740EDC252D&at_custom3=%40BBCWorld&at_custom2=twitter&at_medium=custom7&at_custom1=%5Bpost+type%5D&at_campaign=64]BBC[/url]

America knows it could impose, and most probably enforce, a no-fly zone. It has the jets and missiles and pilots to do so.

Lol, rubbish. And who told them Russia doesn't have the jets, missiles and pilots to respond.? SMH

2 Likes

Re: War In Ukraine: 'America Is Learning The Art Of Humility' by Tmberwolf1: 11:31am On Mar 20, 2022
descartes400:

How do you mean US is no longer imposing itself on other countries? They do that through subversive means behind close doors thereby creating internal crises by usurping governments that don't align with their interest and inserting puppets. I mean, look at the crisis they generated in Ukraine in 2014.....that has cumulated to the War we are seeing now. They have been surreptitiously encroaching into areas that are traditionally sphere of Russia influence and the world expects Russia to say Amen to that? undecided
The US didn't do anything to Ukraine, Russia is solely at fault there. The US didn't install any puppet government, una just dey carry conspiracy theories anyhow. The moment Russia invaded Georgia and Chechnya, every other Baltic state and former Soviet Union territories were on high alert, started turning against Russia and slowly became pro western. In an internal vote carried out in Ukraine, 55% of the population were in support of joining NATO, while 68% were in support of joining the EU and this was all thanks to Russia being such dickheads to their former allies. So the US didn't do anything, Russia pushed them to far.
And I meant from trump downwards, the rest can go f*ck themselves. Obama most especially, that guy was a real bastard.

2 Likes

Re: War In Ukraine: 'America Is Learning The Art Of Humility' by Tmberwolf1: 11:38am On Mar 20, 2022
maasoap:

When did that start? Lol.

This time, it is Russia. USA is powerless as far as military intervention is concerned.
NEVER SAY THAT AGAIN!!! America isn't powerless in military intervention, the only reason they haven't intervened is for the sake of humanity, because Putin is a f*cked up bastard, he would be willing to fight with nuclear weapons and that will spell the end of humanity as we know it. So don't say they are powerless, they just don't want the total destruction of mankind.

1 Like

Re: War In Ukraine: 'America Is Learning The Art Of Humility' by VladimirPutiin(m): 11:55am On Mar 20, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

Never knew there was a time Russia under Putin tried joining NATO. I saw it on this your comment and quickly go read it out. Putin didn’t want to follow the process other countries were following in joining NATO in the early 2000s. Besides I think he trusted the west abit at that time and was somehow close to George Bush also.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Emmerson Mnangagwa Sworn In As President Of Zimbabwe (Photos) / Man Beats And Injures His Live-In Lover For Celebrating Akuffo-Addo's Victory / Military Coup In Burundi, Pierre Nkurunziza Ousted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.