Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,416 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview (42016 Views)

My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week / My Boss Fined Me 10k For An Assignment On Sunday / What I Did Yesterday After I Lost My Last N200 During Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by sleek82(m): 11:04am On Mar 20, 2022
Golan007:

Actually, we can.

In law, testimony and motive would always be taken into account.

This is not an assumption but a fact.
what is the motive here? The only testimony would be that of the accuser....this is not enough if you ask me. The panel rushed to judgment. If truly this guy said it, then there will probably be victims of his sexual misbehavior in that office...they should have investigated more!
Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by AfroKnight: 11:04am On Mar 20, 2022
TheGoodJoe:
Shocking that it takes a woman to make verbal allegations to get such a huge amount in favor for judgment.

As in, there was no evidence. Just her words.

Shocking judgment because no one actually knows the truth.

She just got the verdict based on female activism support.

Finito.

Honestly, it is injustice. Pure and simple. A woman accused a man with no proof, just crocodile tears and fake anxiety and they swoop down to save her like white knights. Absolutely disgusting.

If a woman did this to me, I’d sue everybody and publicise this until they kicked me out of the profession. But I’d make sure she got popular as a false accuser.

2 Likes

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by Sweeetheart(m): 11:05am On Mar 20, 2022
45000 euro for fine on commentary, so how much is rape fine?

imagine you know go down, yet you go pay 45k euro?

you know the country you dey, you dey misbehave, that 45k euro will give you a whole year flex in Nigeria with single hoy babes
Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by BigBashiru: 11:06am On Mar 20, 2022
EMAXIM:

And the girls that accused Rooney were how old?

Wasn't Rooney found guilty??
Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by BigBashiru: 11:06am On Mar 20, 2022
AfroKnight:

Honestly, it is injustice. Pure and simple. A woman accused a man with no proof, just crocodile tears and fake anxiety and they swoop down to save her like white knights. Absolutely disgusting.

If a woman did this to me, I’ll sue everybody and publicise this until they kick me out of the profession. But I’ll make sure she’s popular as a false accuser.

There was proof..... circumstantial proof...
Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 20, 2022
derecho:
Don't join ill informed people. All men are not the same abeg

I meant randy men come in different color, nationality, tribe, level.
Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by AfroKnight: 11:06am On Mar 20, 2022
BigBashiru:

There was proof..... circumstantial proof...

Kindly explain
Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by BigBashiru: 11:11am On Mar 20, 2022
AfroKnight:

Kindly explain

I actually hv changed my mind and agree that it might well be a false claim.....
Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by dayabiuuku: 11:18am On Mar 20, 2022
Welldone my nigga

To the smelling ho.es below or above that want to comment

I am in Nigeria not in Western countries

I can marry four wives divorce them and marry another ones

Women are our tools of enjoyment, fxcking, pleasure and entertainment in this life and inside Paradise !

Argue with your keyboard!

I dey inside my room come and beat me!
Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by AfroKnight: 11:20am On Mar 20, 2022
BigBashiru:

I actually hv changed my mind and agree that it might well be a false claim.....
I see
Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by GreaterFuture(m): 11:20am On Mar 20, 2022
LadySarah:

Yes nah.
That's hard to believe.
Or is he not aware of your marital Status?
Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by EMAXIM(m): 11:21am On Mar 20, 2022
BigBashiru:

Wasn't Rooney found guilty??

He wasn't.
The girls were the ones found quilty.
Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by BigBashiru: 11:25am On Mar 20, 2022
AfroKnight:

I see

Girls can be quite lazy.. the wording of her accusation shows she understands the system and how its rigged against men. something tells me she was just looking to cash out knowing she will be believed over the man. But then again the money wasn't paid to her......

In fact I don't know who to believe again.....

the worst part is that its men that also implemented the ruling against the male lawyer so men are the problem of men....

3 Likes

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by yongg: 11:28am On Mar 20, 2022
BigBashiru:

The same judgement will not be passed because it is men that kill women just becos they are not interested and because it is men that rape women to death.

This argument is not congruent with what happened about her claim of perceived harm. Yes, it is possible but in this case she claims to be threatened by his power and perceived sexual harassment. Women harass men too. It is observed that it is tougher to win when it's a man on the receiving end.

I just imagine if men latch on to every perceived sexual harassment claim men dismiss how so careful we will be of each other. I am not against justice but when statistically justice is skewed, it is unsavoury and down right unfair to the society.

3 Likes

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by bepositive11: 11:30am On Mar 20, 2022
wallay77:
Nawa oo...oyinbo self....to admire what u see na crime...

He was disrespectful

2 Likes

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:34am On Mar 20, 2022
Golan007:

Actually, we can.

In law, testimony and motive would always be taken into account.

This is not an assumption but a fact.

Which motive? The Lawyer already said he is happily married. The only thing we have is her testimony against his. Even the lady said she did not expect people to believe her.

The only motive is that he is a man and she is a woman.
Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by yongg: 11:39am On Mar 20, 2022
Sweeetheart:
45000 euro for fine on commentary, so how much is rape fine?

imagine you know go down, yet you go pay 45k euro?

you know the country you dey, you dey misbehave, that 45k euro will give you a whole year flex in Nigeria with single hoy babes

My economics brain:
The opportunity cost for what he said (harrasment, compliment or borderline or whatever it's called) was a whooping £45k... Men there would be wise to analyze the better alternatives, lols

1 Like

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by Golan007: 11:43am On Mar 20, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Which motive? The Lawyer already said he is happily married. The only thing we have is her testimony against his. Even the lady said she did not expect people to believe her.

The only motive is that he is a man and she is a woman.

Nwosu offered the woman a role which she turned down, telling him: 'This is in no small part due to the unprofessional conduct displayed throughout the interview which led to me feeling uncomfortable.'

From another article.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10619699/Senior-solicitor-ordered-pay-45-000-told-paralegal-mmm-like-see.html
Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by 9182736455O1999(m): 11:44am On Mar 20, 2022
skit66:
nairaland is becoming something else nowadays... no sensible comments at all...

nobody wants to be logical or see from tje other perspective before judgements.. nairaland is becoming tribal forum... admin u have to start looking into it before its too late
i was just shaking my head while reading through the comments.
maybe they read only the topic and started commeting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by sleek82(m): 11:47am On Mar 20, 2022
I'm sorry but this doesn't make sense to me, how could a legal practitioner living in the UK say such to a total stranger in an interview. I believe the disciplinary committee should have investigated a bit more before fining him, because if truly he said that then there would be victims within that office the man has done it to or is doing it to.....but I find it hard to believe he said that!
Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by IbileIfe: 11:51am On Mar 20, 2022
wallay77:
Nawa oo...oyinbo self....to admire what u see na crime...
I wonder o.
Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by IbileIfe: 11:55am On Mar 20, 2022
sleek82:
I'm sorry but this doesn't make sense to me, how could a legal practitioner living in the UK say such to a total stranger in an interview. I believe the disciplinary committee should have investigated a bit more before fining him, because if truly he said that then there would be victims within that office the man has done it to or is doing it to.....but I find it hard to believe he said that!
What is wrong to say you like what you see?
What happened here is PhD, Pull him Down by a racist disciplinary panel against a brilliant black lawyer in the UK.
Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by sleek82(m): 11:57am On Mar 20, 2022
pocohantas:

How can she be malicious? Foreign women are not malicious. Go ask the Tribunal for her evidence.

I don’t know anything of such. From what I read from you guys, white women love Nigerian men and pamper them. Isn’t that why you all want to marry foreign women? Not like there was any mention of her colour, but then, foreign women don’t lie.

These statements only confirms you are just in favor of the girl not because you weighed any evidence or statements presented here. How can you say foreign women don't lie or are not malicious?
What about the one that accused Neymar of raping her when infact she was the one that made the whole thing up (thanks to the video evidence that surfaced)

1 Like

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by luminouz(m): 11:58am On Mar 20, 2022
BigBashiru:

The odds of he being innocent are slim... its weird for a 22 yo girl to just accuse a man like that. Don't forget both parties will present their evidence...what motive does the girl hv for fabricating the story?? The story is believable....
Lol....I hope you never experience what it means to be framed by a woman. You think it's by her young age or word of mouth? Many men are languishing in prison because of that mistake. Because they thought women don't have a REASON to lie against them and men like you believe these women. Ronaldo and Neymar were accused too and guess what... Those women lied and if not for the evidence these men had, they would be in prison right now.

You talk of evidence? What evidence except word of mouth? If only a record of the interview was made, it would have been way more believable. Without that, it's just the word of the woman versus the man. And we all know who wins in that regard

2 Likes

Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by Saviourk: 12:00pm On Mar 20, 2022
Village people has Finally gotten hold of this one
Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by GloriousGbola: 12:00pm On Mar 20, 2022
The candidate, who has a first-class degree and a masters, had applied to be a paralegal but was left sobbing after the traumatic interview

this is the kicker i guess. a first class grad with a masters to boot. She has no need to make up stories.
Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by sleek82(m): 12:00pm On Mar 20, 2022
IbileIfe:

What is wrong to say you like what you see?
What happened here is PhD, Pull him Down by a racist disciplinary panel against a brilliant black lawyer in the UK.
if truly he said that, it will be perceived as using his position wrongly. It's just like making a flirty comment about my boss as against my boss making such about me....I stand a better chance of suing because they will put into consideration that she is my boss. Also, I won't jump to the conclusion of race because we don't know if the accuser is white or black, same with the panel
Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:03pm On Mar 20, 2022
Golan007:

Nwosu offered the woman a role which she turned down, telling him: 'This is in no small part due to the unprofessional conduct displayed throughout the interview which led to me feeling uncomfortable.'

From another article.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10619699/Senior-solicitor-ordered-pay-45-000-told-paralegal-mmm-like-see.html

Still what she told. No evidence from no other source but from her.
Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by yongg: 12:04pm On Mar 20, 2022
bepositive11:

He was disrespectful

I have come to find out that sometimes intended compliment can be perceived as false positive disrespectful or perceived as harrasment.

I mean it can be subjective.

Sometimes, it could be due to the medium of communication. For example, when chatting depending on how conversations go, and since there is no tone... Intended compliment can be lost in translation.

At other times, it's contextual. And the context can be colored by intonation, culture, they could be more. (Lawyers can insert here which the law recognizes cos that's the koko).

One time, an officer helping to renew a client's papers got stuff done so fast and requested collection of the finished product, the client on the other side "exclaimed", "Are you crazy?" People who heard the reply paused... The Nigerian in them was clashing with the words but the intonation of the words were not intended to insult/demean.
Re: Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:04pm On Mar 20, 2022
GloriousGbola:

this is the kicker i guess. a first class grad with a masters to boot. She has no need to make up stories.

45k pounds by exploiting the system. With her level of understanding of the system,it puts her in the best position to play the cards against the Nigerian lawyer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Gtbank 2013 CV Submission / Massive Crowd At Nairabet Recruitment Center Agungi Lekki / Forte Oil Plc Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.