Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji (70939 Views)

Why I Resigned As Minister Of Power - Barth Nnaji / Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji / 13 Reasons Nigeria Must Not Support Invasion Of Niger Republic - Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by bayelsaowei(m): 6:08pm On Mar 20, 2022
Allow for true federalism and watch these sectors thrive...which ever region isn't serious gets no electric power..

Allow states and regions generate and manage their power...foolish country..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by TDreAgro: 6:17pm On Mar 20, 2022
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by chaloskyx: 6:25pm On Mar 20, 2022
look why dont we just send Nigeria to the stone ages cause thats where we belong what are we even using electricity to do sef? we dont have a manufacturing industry all we use it to do is to use ac, fan, on light, watch tv power our laptops iron clothes ehen what else do these things even do anything for us as a nation abeg is they want us to start using lantern let them say so abeg. Nigeria is a failed state
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by TheNiceGuy(m): 6:50pm On Mar 20, 2022
Tell me more about him yourself
nedekid:

Do your research on Nnaji.
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Litmus: 7:35pm On Mar 20, 2022
Temptee101:
Chai

Brazil produces over 100,000 MW while Nigeria is still struggling with barely 3000 - 5000 megawatts for decades.

This is a country so blessed with everything ranging from gas, steel, gold, brass etc, name it.

I swear, this corntree was never meant to become a country.

O lord!

That's like saying the people were never meant to be citizens. undecided

It is a good practice to view issues from as many perspective as possible. Unless you're a dishonest politician or fanatic blinded by an agenda.
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Ikea81: 8:02pm On Mar 20, 2022
finally he just discovered the problems after 7years. getat!
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by DamnnNiggarr: 8:24pm On Mar 20, 2022
Allisgud:
do u with rubbish question u just ask u are a part of Nigeria problem,are u telling me while others the likes diezani dasuki,udah are reaping Nigeria under Jonathan this one did not carry any money,all the billions dat was allocated to power
you're possibly a teenager or just left teenage hood.
Bartholomew Nnaji was the minister of science and technology only for 7 months in 1993 about 29 years ago, though I was very young then and in elementary school ( I don't know if you've been given birth to by that time)
And minister of power only for a year from 2011—2012 about 10—11 yrs ago.
So sorry for engaging you.
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Allisgud: 9:24pm On Mar 20, 2022
DamnnNiggarr:
you're possibly a teenager or just left teenage hood.
Bartholomew Nnaji was the minister of science and technology only for 7 months in 1993 about 29 years ago, though I was very young then and in elementary school ( I don't know if you've been given birth to by that time)
And minister of power only for a year from 2011—2012 about 10—11 yrs ago.
So sorry for engaging you.
how does that answer the question,he be like say na only elementary school u go self
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Nobody: 10:16pm On Mar 20, 2022
Astoria:
No, you don't know him. He was removed because his company, Geometric Power was involved in the bids for the privatization of Afam Generation Company Limited and Enugu Distribution Company Limited.

Geometric Power had a minority stake in the Eastern Electric Nigeria Limited, which submitted technical and financial bids for Enugu Distribution Company.

Also, one of the consortia bidding for Afam Power Plant, O and M Solutions of Pakistan, was once Geometric Power’s contractor. Both companies had interests to bid for the Six Generation Companies, (Gencos.). This would have been a walk over for him as the Power Minister. Agreed, he knows his job as a power guru, he got caught up in the fastest fingers game as obtainable in a typical Nigerian government setting. I still want him to STFU you know?

why should he shut up ? he knows what he is saying and he is not just saying it,he is doing it.

His company geometric power built the Abuja ipp for Aso villa (after an embarrassing power outage during a meeting the president was presiding) ,he ran it for a full year supplying the villa uninterrupted power supply to fulfill his agreement with the fg ,before the government nationalized the plant.

He proved that 24/7 electricity for Nigeria wasn't rocket science. Next up was that Aba ipp. His company built that plant and even though his company had first offer of refusal for the eastern disco ,he was schemed out by Emeka offor and his brand new 250 million dollars, 150 MW Aba ipp (along with 3 distribution plants ) got sold without his consent.

if this present administration had built on the last administrations Nipp project that added over 7,000 MW to our installed capacity,we would have been better off
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 20, 2022
eduj:

why should he shut up ? he knows what he is saying and he is not just saying it,he is doing it.

His company geometric power built the Abuja ipp for Aso villa (after an embarrassing power outage during a meeting the president was presiding) ,he ran it for a full year supplying the villa uninterrupted power supply to fulfill his agreement with the fg ,before the government nationalized the plant.

He proved that 24/7 electricity for Nigeria wasn't rocket science. Next up was that Aba ipp. His company built that plant and even though his company had first offer of refusal for the eastern disco ,he was schemed out by Emeka offor and his brand new 250 million dollars, 150 MW Aba ipp (along with 3 distribution plants ) got sold without his consent.

if this present administration had built on the last administrations Nipp project that added over 7,000 MW to our installed capacity,we would have been better off
My response was to set the record straight on why he was relieved of his duties and not how competent he is in his area of expertise. Moreso, I already alluded to his capacity to deliver if your read to my last letters. Address that concern beyond sentiments. I may revert to you later if you wish but allow me enjoy this match in peace.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Ginomel(m): 10:45pm On Mar 20, 2022
Astoria:
No, you don't know him. He was removed because his company, Geometric Power was involved in the bids for the privatization of Afam Generation Company Limited and Enugu Distribution Company Limited.

Geometric Power had a minority stake in the Eastern Electric Nigeria Limited, which submitted technical and financial bids for Enugu Distribution Company.

Also, one of the consortia bidding for Afam Power Plant, O and M Solutions of Pakistan, was once Geometric Power’s contractor. Both companies had interests to bid for the Six Generation Companies, (Gencos.). This would have been a walk over for him as the Power Minister. Agreed, he knows his job as a power guru, he got caught up in the fastest fingers game as obtainable in a typical Nigerian government setting. I still want him to STFU you know?

Hmmm
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by revolt(m): 2:13am On Mar 21, 2022
Laggafin:
All we need is a Leader in the mold of Stalin and Kim Jon un to Wipe off Corrupt elements and within a day this electric power mystery in Nigeria will be solved

Actually what we need is a Hitler. HE didn't have to kill Germans to bring out the most technologically developed society of the time. He did it in 3 years. Converted a sinking Germany to the most powerful nation on earth back then In 1936..

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by planetx: 6:02am On Mar 21, 2022
Murphytexxo:
For travellers Get your winter jacket and accessories at affordable rate here in Nigeria.

We deal in all types of Winter jacket headwarmers, mufflers, handGloves, thermal underwear, Winter boots, bags and boxes

Location tejuosho modern market Yaba lagos.

Contact or WhatsApp 07019193827
Nation wide delivery available...
What kind of strange business is this in Nigeria. Winter jacket when it is already spring everywhere.
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by brightoibe: 6:11am On Mar 21, 2022
One of the fastest ways to solve this problem is through "Micro-Grids". If the government can breakdown the National grid into small Micro-Grids and sell the Micro-Grids to foreign or private investors (power companies). These companies come in and control generation, transmission and distribution within the microgrid. A microgrid can cover a state, a region or an LGA. Micro-Grids can use any energy source available locally to generate power (solar, hydro or gas)
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Timmi: 8:49am On Mar 21, 2022
EastisBae:

Stop talking nonsense!
Barth Nnaji was the best minister of power Nigeria ever had. During his tenure, there was significant improvement in electricity supply in Nigeria.

Today, he has built the biggest private power generating and supply company called Geometric in Aba. Because of his doggedness, Aba is about to become the first city to enjoy constant electricity supply.

Mr. Man, can you list his achievements when he was the Minister, since you volunteered to be his spokesperson. Let’s wait for the constant electricity in Aba first before you start singing his praises.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 21, 2022
Astoria:
My response was to set the record straight on why he was relieved of his duties and not how competent he is in his area of expertise. Moreso, I already alluded to his capacity to deliver if your read to my last letters. Address that concern beyond sentiments. I may revert to you later if you wish but allow me enjoy this match in peace.

nope, your first comment was based on sentiments and misinformation. Now that you've watched the match in peace, why should he stfu ?
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 21, 2022
eduj:

nope, your first comment was based on sentiments and misinformation. Now that you've watched the match in peace, why should he stfu ?
Since you can't read to understand, you will forever remain misinformed. Don't ever tell me that I am sentimental or misinformed again. I gave verifiable information on why he was removed and the onus was on you to verify. Between I and you who is being sentimental and misinformed? I asked him to do me a favor and STFU, that hasn't changed. You can ask him not to but don't ask me not to ask him to.
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Nobody: 11:53am On Mar 21, 2022
Astoria:
Since you can't read to understand, you will forever remain misinformed. Don't ever tell me that I am sentimental or misinformed again. I gave verifiable information on why he was removed and the onus was on you to verify. Between I and you who is being sentimental and misinformed? I asked him to do me a favor and STFU, that hasn't changed. You can ask him not to but don't ask me not to ask him to.

you see hypocrites like you. You've now gone emotional .

you first commented out of ignorance .
you then conceded that he is an expert in the field of power generation but still said he should STFU -why ?

and your claim is on why he got removed as minster of power- not on his achievements as power minister.
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 21, 2022
eduj:

you see hypocrites like you. You've now gone emotional .

you first commented out of ignorance .
you then conceded that he is an expert in the field of power generation but still said he should STFU -why ?

and your claim is on why he got removed as minster of power- not on his achievements as power minister.
You're a pathetic ignoramus. I would neither glorify your foolery nor massage your bloated ego with further responses. Have a nice day if you wish.
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by fabraham(m): 4:04am On Mar 23, 2022
SadiqBabaSani:
A part of the problem is speaking

Are you sure you know Prof. Barth Nnaji?
During his time as minister of power, we had light to a reasonable extent before he RESIGNED. I dare say, no minister after him has matched his records in the power sector.
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by dododawa1: 7:05am On Feb 29
Talking talking talking talking talking talking talking talking talking talking talking talking talking talking talking talking talking talking talking talking talking
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Moneyyman: 7:09am On Feb 29
Someone who improved power supply during his stint as minister for power? Someone who played arguably the most important role in the new Abia power plant?

SadiqBabaSani:

1 Like

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by olax02(m): 7:10am On Feb 29
GboyegaD:
Truth is that we are not ready to fix the electricity issues.
If we are ready truly, many toes will be step on. Those evil cabals putting this country in darkness.
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Emman08: 7:13am On Feb 29
Nigeria struggles to provide the most basic of services. Water, electricity, security, schools, roads. But this electricity issue is a real national disgrace. E no get another way
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by nairalanda1(m): 7:14am On Feb 29
2022 article

Imma drop this

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Dpharisee: 7:15am On Feb 29
SadiqBabaSani:
Prof Barth a part of the current solution is speaking, didn't you read the mountain of huddle he has to face to get his plant running?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by otokx(m): 7:19am On Feb 29
We pray the 24/7 electricity in Aba can be sustained and that more states would look inward at replicating and improving the model used.
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Arielle: 7:20am On Feb 29
SadiqBabaSani:
What an incredibly stvpid remark.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Presidency Reacts To ‘leaked’ Audio Of Amaechi Criticising Buhari / Coronavirus: Abba Kyari To Be Moved To Lagos For Treatment - Sahara Reporters / Body Language Of Yaradua's Mother When Presidential Aspirants Visited Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.