Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji (70938 Views)

Why I Resigned As Minister Of Power - Barth Nnaji / Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji / 13 Reasons Nigeria Must Not Support Invasion Of Niger Republic - Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by tj2018: 7:21am On Feb 29
It is obvious you don't know who Barth Nnaji is
LordFaraday:
He was never part of the problem. During his time as the minister of power there was increase in power supply and it was felt by everyone. But the evil system won't allow him stay for so long. Evil cabals that needs to be eliminated in this country.
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Expanse2020(m): 7:22am On Feb 29
SEGLIZ:
3 or many reasons.
Oga oooo 9ja
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by qtx(m): 7:39am On Feb 29
EcoBrick:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/03/electricity-crisis-three-reasons-nigeria-is-in-darkness-barth-nnaji-former-power-minister
Barth has spoken, it is now the duty of BAT to act, after all he holds the yam in his left hand and holds the knife on his right. If he likes let him say it came from a tribe.e x so its not important. I know he (BAT) asked Nigerians to support with ideas that can help to move the country forward.
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Menclothing: 7:40am On Feb 29
There is also human factor problem on distribution such as connection inefficiencies, leakages, people stealing power, and all kinds of things done by people that make it difficult for efficient distribution, and also, the distribution companies themselves who are not investing in infrastructure which brings about inability to supply power.”

Nigeria is far gone no nation do this only in Nigeria
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Saidfx(m): 7:42am On Feb 29
AkalaJ:
I think that this problem, as repeated by Prof. Barth Nnaji, is well-known to both the public and private the stakeholders of the sector. But what curious minds like myself would like to know is how we can solve this problems, and also if it's the FG, state government, or the private sector that should be relied upon to solve it once and for all, that way we'll know who to hold accountable for prolonging this problem. We keep making this stable electricity issue seem like it's rocket science.

Perhaps it's a lack of will to solve the problems that is the issue because these problems have always been there. Why can't a solution be devised for the sector the way it was with the Telecommunications sector for example?

It's a mind problem. As long as Nigerians can deficate openly in the public while people pass, then to destroy gas pipelines can't be a problem. Light in Nigeria can't be fixed until you educate most minds that it's a right to use electricity and not a privilege. Most importantly, if anyone around you shout 'up NEPA!', you should frown at it and stop your kids at home from saying it. May God help our minds in this country

Where is the office or the National Orientation?

Gone I guess

1 Like

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Confirm4real(m): 7:42am On Feb 29
Generator Republic according to South Africa grin
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by BodyCount: 7:45am On Feb 29
AkalaJ:
I think that this problem, as repeated by Prof. Barth Nnaji, is well-known to both the public and private the stakeholders of the sector. But what curious minds like myself would like to know is how we can solve this problems, and also if it's the FG, state government, or the private sector that should be relied upon to solve it once and for all, that way we'll know who to hold accountable for prolonging this problem. We keep making this stable electricity issue seem like it's rocket science.

Perhaps it's a lack of will to solve the problems that is the issue because these problems have always been there. Why can't a solution be devised for the sector the way it was with the Telecommunications sector for example?
It'll never be well with that foolīsh and useless professor.
He's part of the problem.
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by BodyCount: 7:48am On Feb 29
bjdon:

The only solution to the power problem is the total privatisation of the sector. We have seen this in the telecom sector, and soon in the oil and gas sector, when Dangote Refinery comes online. Govt should have role on the productive sector of the economy, other than regulation.
Shame on you with this senseless mentality.
Y'all Keep talking nonsense with this Dangote refinery.
You don't know who Dangote is. He's greedy thief.
He'll rather export those refined fuel to other countries where he can make huge profits than sell to Nigeria.
HOW MUCH IS DANGOTE CEMENT NOW?
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by adams123: 7:49am On Feb 29
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by victorazy(m): 7:50am On Feb 29
bjdon:

The only solution to the power problem is the total privatisation of the sector. We have seen this in the telecom sector, and soon in the oil and gas sector, when Dangote Refinery comes online. Govt should have role on the productive sector of the economy, other than regulation.

The ones we've privatised what has been happening?
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Onyi90(m): 7:52am On Feb 29
SadiqBabaSani:
A part of the problem is speaking

You can only speak when ur hands are clean. Even with clean hands you risk your safety or even Life
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by tete7000(m): 7:55am On Feb 29
AkalaJ:

Decentralisation and privatisation but massive orientation too needs to be done to inform the people that the infrastructures belongs to them and there is no free or cheap power anywhere. If you want it good, there should be some price to pay for it. We live in a society where people wants everything free because they grow up used to politicians promising and deceiving them with free amenities.
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by blackgold2018(m): 8:01am On Feb 29
AkalaJ:

it simply politics and corruption. It will take them nothing to solve it.
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by lanocfoods: 8:02am On Feb 29
OscarJaden:
you are 100% correct sir

can we know how pls? its not enough to say he is part of the problem
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by ebenholer2(m): 8:04am On Feb 29
A part of the problem is having a myopic leadership who values bigotry above unity. Why not locating the power plant closer to raw materials to be used; I mean where gas as fuel can be easily supplied.
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Idaytesj29(m): 8:11am On Feb 29
EcoBrick:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/03/electricity-crisis-three-reasons-nigeria-is-in-darkness-barth-nnaji-former-power-minister

And as Minister of Power , what did you do about it? What's the essence of your rant analysis when your job is to fix the 3 problem of power in the country but you didn't. Instead, you took your share of the national cake and left.
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by AfonjaConehead: 8:11am On Feb 29
dododawa1:
Talking talking talking talking talking talking talking talking talking talking talking talking talking talking talking talking talking talking talking talking talking
Shattap and stop talking noise
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by PAQ(m): 8:15am On Feb 29
Ginomel:

No you don't know him. He nearly gave Nigeria 24 hours power but the cabal was so scared of perceived rising political profile and their business interests. He was removed immediately as a minister of power.

That's Nigeria for you.

On the contrary he resigned his position due to personal interests in a bid to acquire the Afam Power plant.

There are talks that GEJ made him resign due to the above & allegations of influencing bidding processes and receiving gratifications.

No doubt he knows his onions and did well in his time, probably why he was given a soft landing rather than a sack. Unfortunately the skeletons couldnt just remain in his closet.
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by cricifixo: 8:16am On Feb 29
He was never part of the problem.
He resigned when the cabal won't allow him function effectively.
SadiqBabaSani:
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Greattha: 8:16am On Feb 29
Excuses !!!

Nigerians have always tolerated failure from their leaders...so they( serving or past) always feel comfortable giving excuses and reasons for their leadership failures.

Are these issues you listed insurmountable

Rubbish elders...awon agba oshi.

EcoBrick:

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Osanoghodua1: 8:24am On Feb 29
This guy was forced to resign during GEJ regime because he wanted a transparent process on privatization. The docile GEJ fired him. If GEJ had repaired or build refineries we wouldn't be here today. GEJ brought evil Buhari upon Nigeria and by extension BAT.
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by countryman13: 8:25am On Feb 29
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Multiversed: 8:26am On Feb 29
EcoBrick:

Infact this Is quite worrisome.

There Is no electricity for over a week In my Area. I have been running my generator everyday.
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by gabbytabby: 8:31am On Feb 29
Dead heads very quick to say what the problem is but unable to device a road map for solution and then implement it.

A whole minister who accomplished nothing.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Honestey: 8:37am On Feb 29
This Prof. retains his position in power sector because he is very skill in finding excuses for why Nigeria can't have regular power supply. This is just my guess because for years I've been hearing his name in power sector yet nothing but darkness to show for it. How about declaring that you are not capable and give room for people with solution at hand to fix our power? This would be heroic prof.
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by themanderon: 8:42am On Feb 29
ayenika1:
All said, provide a workable solution for the most important. I believe if the most important issue is resolved, others would gradually be resolved.

I don't like complaints. I love solutions.

A workable solution will not work in Nigeria. The truth is every sector of this messed up country lies in the hands of cabals. You need a strongman kind of president to dislodge these cabals and only a person like Obasanjo could have done this but he failed.
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by netmillionaires(m): 8:47am On Feb 29
He was power minister under Jonathan but was sacked during the privatisation process.

Passionate888:
One of bubu's noise maker
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Jomonix: 8:47am On Feb 29
First and foremost, solve the transmission and distribution problems so that what is generated so far can be transmitted and distributed without unnecessary losses. If we get it right at this point the next steps will be easy. Many want electricity but they are not ready to pay for the service. Just like the professor pointed out a lot is lost to power theft which put the entire chain is at great disadvantage. How can this be solved in a society where theft is glorified? How many of us in this forum can report his neighbor who bypasses the meter so as not to pay for energy? I guess not many. In fact, the culprit might be hailed as a brave Nigerian who is taking advantage of the system rigged against the common man. Nigerians need to understand that we are our own problems. Power thieves should be made to pay heavy penalties.
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by kikake: 8:52am On Feb 29
SadiqBabaSani:

Your types are the most major of the problem. Ethno-religious bigotry.
This experienced Nnaji had a short stint as Power Minister during Jonathan administration, but bigots of Nigeria like you wouldn't let him be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Omenlon: 8:52am On Feb 29
Ginomel:

No you don't know him. He nearly gave Nigeria 24 hours power but the cabal was so scared of perceived rising political profile and their business interests. He was removed immediately as a minister of power.

That's Nigeria for you.
which country? Nigeria or Guinea? Mention those places that were getting even 12hrs power supply during his time in office. Can you tell us why he was removed and who removed him
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Jomonix: 8:57am On Feb 29
N

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Presidency Reacts To ‘leaked’ Audio Of Amaechi Criticising Buhari / Coronavirus: Abba Kyari To Be Moved To Lagos For Treatment - Sahara Reporters / Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.