Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,918 members, 7,817,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees (56771 Views)

McDonald's Under Fire In South Africa For Feeding Israeli Soldiers (PICS) / Man Arrested After Faking Heart Attack In 20 Restaurants To Avoid Paying Bill / Mcdonald’s Temporarily Closes 850 Restaurants In Russia. Suspends Operations. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by obedience4(m): 8:28am On Mar 21, 2022
Daguga:

No need to ask Xi Jinping for apple template, the Russian tech gurus would create better than that grin

You and the guy you quote.. Are f%ls.. Apple inc is an American company which assembling and manufacturing plants are mostly in Asia..
Just because China has the man power and cheap labour.. Doesn't make it a Chinese company..
Besides they are patent regulations and trademarks..
Just because you live in Nigeria doesn't make you stup!d

1 Like

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by Burgerlomo: 8:28am On Mar 21, 2022
donbrowser:

Russian visa or USA visa. Which will you choose?

You already know the one the haters will choose grin

God bless America
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria
God bless me and my family

1 Like

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by AroleOduduwa2: 8:28am On Mar 21, 2022
Eriokanmi:
North Korea is very poor. Who told you theyre successful? Is bragging about nuke enrichment a sign of success? . They depend on China who also depends on the West. Venezuela isn't drinking their oil. They still sell to the west. The time their late leader tried doing shakara, they almost remained the poorest country on earth.

Western propaganda makes us believe they are poor and only have food because their hackers steals from the west.

1 Like

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by ken6488(m): 8:29am On Mar 21, 2022
Ekoblendedsince:
For those hailing Russia for invading Ukraine,how will you feel if the same is done to you?
I will do anything to safe guard my sercurity

I would not allow my enemy camp close to me

8 Likes

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by HarunaWest(m): 8:29am On Mar 21, 2022
TheGift:

He is not nationalizing investments, foreign investments are drying up, so He has no choice but to look inward.
The economics terminology is NATIONALISATION no matter how we go about it.

1 Like

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by wasuka14(m): 8:29am On Mar 21, 2022
Putin will confiscate all McDonald's building and give it out to Russia food companies to operate, who loose here
hush15:

I get the point but the things this Uncle Vanya can only happen in Russia. they can't extend outside Russia ultimately. They will be sued for patent rights and Russia will lose. Investors wont be able to expand and thereby losing potential revenues. Eventually will drop the business and they back to square one. Mind you, McDonalds still owns the property o

7 Likes

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by Patriotic9ja(m): 8:30am On Mar 21, 2022
That's the way to go. This marks the beginning of the end of USA. All their lies, mischief, wickedness, hypocrisy, propaganda, wars, incitements, betrayal, brainwashing, etc are now glaring even to the BLIND

8 Likes

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by bn365: 8:30am On Mar 21, 2022
AroleOduduwa2:

Russia is no stranger to sanctions and have you seen the protest in Europe due to high cost of livelihood. EU will suffer the most because most of the EU countries are too reliant on Russia

You dey see far.
People aren't aware that the EU doesn't have the most natural resources that they depend heavily on.
That's a huge problem, US wants to step into the role of selling to Europe.
Well, the US doesn't have the natural resources either.
The US has to love-vendor and bully countries with the natural resources

7 Likes

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by Patriotic9ja(m): 8:31am On Mar 21, 2022
hush15:

I get the point but the things this Uncle Vanya can only happen in Russia. they can't extend outside Russia ultimately. They will be sued for patent rights and Russia will lose. Investors wont be able to expand and thereby losing potential revenues. Eventually will drop the business and they back to square one. Mind you, McDonalds still owns the property o

You are so naive
Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by obedience4(m): 8:31am On Mar 21, 2022
tarantino1:

Some banks? grin

Can you tell me one Nigerian Bank with a bigger market cap than McDonalds?

I think STANBiC...am not talking about only the Nigeria part of STANBiC IBTC..the whole standard group..
But the pure Nigeria own banks maybe McDonald will be bigger I haven't confirm thou" Cheers
Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by texazzpete(m): 8:31am On Mar 21, 2022
The ignorance in this thread sha.

Russia represents just 3% of McDonalds profits. So this isn’t a significant blow to their bottom line.

Additionally, Russia hasn’t gone ahead to nationalize their assets. That’s just fake news. A Russian has applied for a new logo with that trademark, but the existing restaurants won’t open with that.

If Russia goes ahead to nationalize the assets, it’s likely that compensation will be given to McDonalds out of Russia’s frozen reserves.

So nothing spoil

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by Eriokanmi: 8:32am On Mar 21, 2022
AroleOduduwa2:

Western propaganda makes us believe they are poor and only have food because their hackers steals from the west.
I know what I'm saying. Nothing Korea is just a stone's throw to South Korea. We have a manufacturer in South Korea so, I know. North is poor and sanctions contributed to it. All their products and munitions come from China, their close ally
Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by hush15: 8:32am On Mar 21, 2022
wasuka14:
Putin will confiscate all McDonald's buildings and give it out to Russian food companies to operate, who loose here
Don't forget McDonald's will only be compensated via their confiscated foreign reserves.

1 Like

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by texazzpete(m): 8:32am On Mar 21, 2022
Patriotic9ja:
That's the way to go. This marks the beginning of the end of USA. All their lies, mischief, wickedness, hypocrisy, propaganda, wars, incitements, betrayal, brainwashing, etc are now glaring even to the BLIND

But how does that cure your blindness to the ‘ lies, mischief, wickedness, hypocrisy, propaganda, wars, incitements, betrayal, brainwashing, etc’ perpetrated by Russia?
Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by HarunaWest(m): 8:33am On Mar 21, 2022
NairaMaster1:

If you know what economists call foreign investment, balance of trade you won't be saying this. Just that you are either a mere graduate, an npower boy or an undergraduate. Anyway you are Nigerian. All the oppression in your country is not a problem but Russia and Ukraine because of your hatred for the west that you always hope to relocate to.
Ask an economist to tell you what Russia is facing right now.
Are you more of an economist that I?
Why una no just get sense for this NL sef. You don't know me, you don't know my competence. If you don't agree with my opinion, you either criticize constructively or walk away. But instead you open your mouth like lavatory dey spill thrash. Dude swerve. For your info as well, I have been to the west and back. Your country doesn't even have a single MacDonald's and you talking thrash..Economist Indeed.
Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by Frankiss44(m): 8:33am On Mar 21, 2022
MARKone:
847 restaurants in Russia, not even one outlet in Nigeria.

Russia is the biggest country in the world... Even Russians were demanding for more outlets at a time
Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by LushGreenz: 8:34am On Mar 21, 2022
Karlovych:
embarassed At least the Russians won't have to worry about unhealthy American ingredients that has made a large number of their citizens obese.

A well informed brother spotted �

4 Likes

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by Patriotic9ja(m): 8:34am On Mar 21, 2022
Eriokanmi:
North Korea is very poor. Who told you theyre successful? Is bragging about nuke enrichment a sign of success? . They depend on China who also depends on the West. Venezuela isn't drinking their oil. They still sell to the west. The time their late leader tried doing shakara, they almost remained the poorest country on earth. None of those you mentioned can do without west, directly or indirectly

China depending on the West? Too many naive people on this forum.

7 Likes

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by adefitim(m): 8:34am On Mar 21, 2022
Real Nigger like Putin putting them where they belong

7 Likes

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by Frankiss44(m): 8:35am On Mar 21, 2022
texazzpete:

Russia represents just 3% of McDonalds profits. So this isn’t a significant blow to their bottom line.

Additionally, Russia hasn’t gone ahead to nationalize their assets. That’s just fake news. A Russian has applied for a new logo with that trademark, but the existing restaurants won’t open with that.

If Russia goes ahead to nationalize the assets, it’s likely that compensation will be given to McDonalds out of Russia’s frozen reserves.

So nothing spoil

They don't know this.. Too many kids on this forum...
Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by maximunimpact(m): 8:35am On Mar 21, 2022
obiekunie01:
putin should make sure he create laws to forbid these WESTERN companies from returning to russia!

HE SHOULD COPY FROM HIS FRIEND CHIZIPIN ABI NA WETIN BE THAT HIS NAME? AM TALKING OF CHINESE PRESIDENT THAT BAN ALL THE WESTERN SOCIAL MEDIAS LIKE FB, TWITTER, ETC, AND SOME WESTERN COMPANIES LIKE MACDONALD FROM OPERATING IN CHINA.

he should also as a matter of urgency encourage his tech citizens to develop their own social app like the Chinese did and ban facebook, twitter, insta, whatassp from ever operating withing the borders of Russia!

teach them a lesson they will never forget like the Chinese did.

while he is on it, he should beg his friend chizipin to borrow him the apple template with them so his Russian tech guys can develop their own Russian version of apple products and name them fruits.

LETS SEE WHO WILL LOSE LAST LAST!

Its the chizipin for me

you funny dai aswear grin
Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by Frankiss44(m): 8:36am On Mar 21, 2022
Patriotic9ja:

China depending on the West? Too many naive people on this forum.

China is the west number one trade partner...

1 Like

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by Patriotic9ja(m): 8:36am On Mar 21, 2022
texazzpete:

But how does that cure your blindness to the ‘ lies, mischief, wickedness, hypocrisy, propaganda, wars, incitements, betrayal, brainwashing, etc’ perpetrated by Russia?

A blind woman once said the worst thing that can happen to anyone is not being without eyes. Rather having eyes but no VISION
Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by bn365: 8:37am On Mar 21, 2022
texazzpete:

So nothing spoil

You are calling people ignorant but you are not even aware that the West has frozen Russian central banks assets in their countries.
They are taking over Russian nationals[Roman Abramovich] assets too

1 Like

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by texazzpete(m): 8:37am On Mar 21, 2022
obiekunie01:
putin should make sure he create laws to forbid these WESTERN companies from returning to russia!

HE SHOULD COPY FROM HIS FRIEND CHIZIPIN ABI NA WETIN BE THAT HIS NAME? AM TALKING OF CHINESE PRESIDENT THAT BAN ALL THE WESTERN SOCIAL MEDIAS LIKE FB, TWITTER, ETC, AND SOME WESTERN COMPANIES LIKE MACDONALD FROM OPERATING IN CHINA.

he should also as a matter of urgency encourage his tech citizens to develop their own social app like the Chinese did and ban facebook, twitter, insta, whatassp from ever operating withing the borders of Russia!

teach them a lesson they will never forget like the Chinese did.

while he is on it, he should beg his friend chizipin to borrow him the apple template with them so his Russian tech guys can develop their own Russian version of apple products and name them fruits.

LETS SEE WHO WILL LOSE LAST LAST!

You seem to be under the impression that the Russian economy is bigger than it actually is cheesy

AroleOduduwa2:

Russia is no stranger to sanctions and have you seen the protest in Europe due to high cost of livelihood. EU will suffer the most because most of the EU countries are too reliant on Russia

Even the mighty US is now buying oil from Russia and do I need to tell you Israel is supporting Russia.

Russia has never seen sanctions this harsh. And Israel isn’t ‘supporting’ Russia in this.

The US is halting purchase of Russian oil, and Germany just signed a deal with Qatar for gas supply to reduce their dependence on Russian gas.

1 Like

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by Frankiss44(m): 8:38am On Mar 21, 2022
wasuka14:
Putin will confiscate all McDonald's building and give it out to Russia food companies to operate, who loose here

LOL.. Putin will do no sure thing, because unlike u that is naive, Putin knows the implications of such actions
Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by RapistOnBail: 8:40am On Mar 21, 2022
NairaMaster1:

If you know what economists call foreign investment, balance of trade you won't be saying this. Just that you are either a mere graduate, an npower boy or an undergraduate. Anyway you are Nigerian. All the oppression in your country is not a problem but Russia and Ukraine because of your hatred for the west that you always hope to relocate to.
Ask an economist to tell you what Russia is facing right now.
Na to ask Economist?

That means ur brain Dey empty na. You for Educate us wey no know Wetin Dey happen for za Ukraine. undecided

1 Like

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by HarunaWest(m): 8:40am On Mar 21, 2022
joyandfaith:

Stalin did that during cold war. By 1991, USSR collapsed. It was USSR decision to form useless eastern block that allowed West to control world economy. China made similar mistake in 1950s/60s with leap forward and cultural revolution. Millions died. China reformed her economy and pulled out of Eastern block. In 70s, China economy was taking shape. Within 2 decades of reform, China storms the world. The truth is that no nation can develop without others.
What PUTIN did is retaliation to the Larceny of the west. They taking over Russian businesses and properties in their domain and he is only returning the favour. I am in no support of the war, sanctions et al., buh trying to cow everyone into submission doesn't make sense. Instead of the west to broker peace and call Putin to order, they are busy providing Ukraine with weapons. Is this peace keeping?

6 Likes

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by tamdun: 8:42am On Mar 21, 2022
Competence5050:
If you like turn it 180 degrees, if it's not MacDonald's nigar ain't gonna eat shiiit shikina
That's exactly their point, they said 100% Russian ingredients unlike McDonald that won't spoil even after a week

5 Likes

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by Lightorder: 8:43am On Mar 21, 2022
nurudeen181:

nawa o.. just one you say.. ok probably our defination of succes might be different.. North korea is succesful, Iran is succesful, venezuela is succesful, cuba is succesful, mexico is succesful as in too many countries.. see botswana, see djibouti.. i believe you will want to argue that this countries depends on some US whatever but dont worry, i have a question for you, tell me just one country in the world that the US and its western alies didnt destroy one thing or the other within their country?
I haven’t that strength to argue back and forth with you this morning. Did I hear you say N.Korea? What are the parameters you use to measure TRUE success? Without freedom and human right , you are not successful. I have a very rich uncle at war with his wife and his children are divided , taking sides. He has been sleeping in his office for years now. He is rich but is he successful ? What is success by your standard ? America is successful, England is successful, Canada is successful , Saudi Arabia is RELATIVELY successful . Lastly , the climax of hypocrisy is that Nurudeen 181 would rather pick WESTERN countries to live in than those countries he claimed to be successful

1 Like

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by texazzpete(m): 8:44am On Mar 21, 2022
bn365:

You are calling people ignorant but you are not even aware that the West has frozen Russian central banks assets in their countries.
They are taking over Russian nationals[Roman Abramovich] assets too

I’m so sorry you cannot read. Because I directly mentioned the frozen assets and reserves in my last paragraph.

Have you tried a good night school? It’s never too late!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Putin's Chief Of Staff Gerasimov Wounded. At Least 30 Top Officers Killed / Lebanon Runs Out Of Power , India And China To Follow ( Pics) / Nigerians Celebrate Queen Elizabeth’s Funeral With Aso Ebi In UK (pictures)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.