Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees (56826 Views)

McDonald's Under Fire In South Africa For Feeding Israeli Soldiers (PICS) / Man Arrested After Faking Heart Attack In 20 Restaurants To Avoid Paying Bill / Mcdonald’s Temporarily Closes 850 Restaurants In Russia. Suspends Operations. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by almarthins(m): 8:46am On Mar 21, 2022
HarunaWest:
Putin is Nationalizing investments as well. Way to go.

Initial gra gra. We did that too in Nigeria but what was the outcome?
Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by texazzpete(m): 8:46am On Mar 21, 2022
Patriotic9ja:

A blind woman once said the worst thing that can happen to anyone is not being without eyes. Rather having eyes but no VISION

Have you…seen my profile status message? It’s stated there more elegantly.

Because you’re not blind, but you just will not see.
Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by abokikhalifa: 8:47am On Mar 21, 2022
Kenturkey048:

No, be lie boss.
Compared to other states in Nigeria. You can make it from zero to a hero in Lagos if you are smart.
Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by RapistOnBail: 8:48am On Mar 21, 2022
Eriokanmi:
This your narrative doesn't apply in business. Russia can't remain the same again, in the next decade. When twitter was banned by buhari and that aboki apc apologist was busy marketing his local replica, how far did he go? Can the local replica of Mcdonalds in Russia
guarantee better working conditions as McDonald's did? What of the revenues and capital base? What of brand loyalty?

Your narrative is a replica of a local champ grin
Blocking Twitter in Nigeria was against the interest of 75% of Nigerians. that was why there was uproars and detest for the App of the same FG erand boy.

In Russia today, the majority are against the West and its hypocrisy. They fully support Vladimir Putin … So they will thrive Economically and Mentally as well as being healthier.

The brand name won’t be affected. Which Court McDonald’s wan take sue Russian people for impersonating? Lol

The West is loosing already

9 Likes

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by RapistOnBail: 8:49am On Mar 21, 2022
hush15:

I get the point but the things this Uncle Vanya can only happen in Russia. they can't extend outside Russia ultimately. They will be sued for patent rights and Russia will lose. Investors wont be able to expand and thereby losing potential revenues. Eventually will drop the business and they back to square one. Mind you, McDonalds still owns the property o
Sue Russia?

For which court?

7 Likes

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 21, 2022
texazzpete:
The ignorance in this thread sha.

Russia represents just 3% of McDonalds profits. So this isn’t a significant blow to their bottom line.

Additionally, Russia hasn’t gone ahead to nationalize their assets. That’s just fake news. A Russian has applied for a new logo with that trademark, but the existing restaurants won’t open with that.

If Russia goes ahead to nationalize the assets, it’s likely that compensation will be given to McDonalds out of Russia’s frozen reserves.

So nothing spoil
You are even more ignorant with your last statement, please between the west and Russia who has more in the other’s territory? Do you know the collective value of the multinational cooperations that invested in Russian oil, gas and steel? Over 300 companies pulled out or suspended operations without pulling out their capital and fixed investments as there is an embargo on that. Do you know the collective value worth of over 300 foreign companies? We should be looking at over a trillion dollars. If they choose to swap seizures, the western loses would be colossal.

5 Likes

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by Caution30: 8:51am On Mar 21, 2022
Russian actually needs the west to be a global player... China is what it is today because of it global outreach. Believe it or not the west control the global trade.
The Chinese are being careful not to be involve with the invasion of Ukraine, even though they in support, because they know that any sanction from the west would hurt it's robust economy
Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by bn365: 8:55am On Mar 21, 2022
texazzpete:

I’m so sorry you cannot read. Because I directly mentioned the frozen assets and reserves in my last paragraph.

Have you tried a good night school? It’s never too late!

I didn't have the patience to read your last paragraph, and that's my bad
Well, I'm glad you went to a day school and are well-read.
I bet it helps you sleep well at night.
You're smart because you were given a certificate from an elite school, I guess? Nah.

I see a whole lot of you guys support the West in the hope you'll relocate someday, but some people can see the forest from the trees because they live in the West

1 Like

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by joyandfaith: 8:55am On Mar 21, 2022
HarunaWest:

What PUTIN did is retaliation to the Larceny of the west. They taking over Russian businesses and properties in their domain and he is only returning the favour. I am in no support of the war, sanctions et al., buh trying to cow everyone into submission doesn't make sense. Instead of the west to broker peace and call Putin to order, they are busy providing Ukraine with weapons. Is this peace keeping?

I still prefer economic sanctions than military invasion. Hitler and stalin made similar mistake. West will try all forms of non-military confrontation before using military tactics.
Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by dettolgel: 8:56am On Mar 21, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Exactly what happened to my stupid aunty.

She packed from her marital home in anger because she suspected her husband was cheating with his secretary at work.

Two months later, her househelp was pregnant with twin boys for him.

Let me also add that neither my stupid aunty nor any of her female kids got anything from him in his will.

Moral of the story is, don't always strive to be politically correct, there are a millions who would do better queueing up to take the spot you give away.

It's amazing how people could confidently display their ignorance and naivety in public. grin

1 Like

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by KazikageSama: 8:58am On Mar 21, 2022
AroleOduduwa2:

Russia is no stranger to sanctions and have you seen the protest in Europe due to high cost of livelihood. EU will suffer the most because most of the EU countries are too reliant on Russia

Even the mighty US is now buying oil from Russia and do I need to tell you Israel is supporting Russia.

Indeed, so why was Putin wailing that sanctions to Russia are now acts or war? Why is the South African Rand now more valuable than Russian ruble?

Why are Russians protesting severe hardship worse than the days of USSR? Why are Int'l students decrying the hardships they're going through in Russia now. grin

All the pseudo strength and self sufficient claims by Russia are just "for the gram", a show of resilience to cover up the Russian Gov't failures.

1 Like

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by TheGift: 9:00am On Mar 21, 2022
HarunaWest:
The economics terminology is NATIONALISATION no matter how we go about it.

I am not arguing about your use of the term, “Nationalisation”.

I am saying He doesn’t have much of a choice but to Nationalize, so it’s really nothing to be praising Him about.

The Russian Franchisees own up to 85% of the stakes in Russian Macdonald’s, they have more to lose if they don’t keep those shops running.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by KazikageSama: 9:01am On Mar 21, 2022
dettolgel:

It's amazing how people could confidently display their ignorance and naivety in public. grin

Lol, it's very funny sincerely. Russians are protesting that they are suffering but Nigerians are hailing them. grin

1 Like

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 21, 2022
obedience4:

You and the guy you quote.. Are f%ls.. Apple inc is an American company which assembling and manufacturing plants are mostly in Asia..
Just because China has the man power and cheap labour.. Doesn't make it a Chinese company..
Besides they are patent regulations and trademarks..
Just because you live in Nigeria doesn't make you stup!d

I feel your pain Bro, take paracetamol or would you prefer methamphetamine? grin
Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by ebig21(m): 9:02am On Mar 21, 2022
hush15:

I get the point but the things this Uncle Vanya can only happen in Russia. they can't extend outside Russia ultimately. They will be sued for patent rights and Russia will lose. Investors wont be able to expand and thereby losing potential revenues. Eventually will drop the business and they back to square one. Mind you, McDonalds still owns the property o

Jesus, mc Donald don’t own any property, they own only the logo and recipe,
The property belongs to individuals who only paid for Mac Donald franchise

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:03am On Mar 21, 2022
If you want to go and invest in Russia this is the right time to do that. They will completely open the door for you. Give you many concession.
I trust my sharp ibo dudes here in Nigeria already thinking about taking advantage of western stupidity

4 Likes

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by bn365: 9:03am On Mar 21, 2022
KazikageSama:

Indeed, so why was Putin wailing that sanctions to Russia are now acts or war? Why is the South African Rand now more valuable than Russian ruble?

Why are Russians protesting severe hardship worse than the days of USSR? Why are Int'l students decrying the hardships they're going through in Russia now. grin

All the pseudo strength and self sufficient claims by Russia are just "for the gram", a show of resilience to cover up the Russian Gov't failures.

That's one way of looking at it.
Europe depends so much on Russian oil. It was cheap and consistent for years.
What's the guarantee, that will be the case going forward?
I see the whole thing as a case of cutting your nose just to spite your face

1 Like

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by Nellsworld(m): 9:04am On Mar 21, 2022
NairaMaster1:

If you know what economists call foreign investment, balance of trade you won't be saying this. Just that you are either a mere graduate, an npower boy or an undergraduate. Anyway you are Nigerian. All the oppression in your country is not a problem but Russia and Ukraine because of your hatred for the west that you always hope to relocate to.
Ask an economist to tell you what Russia is facing right now.
U may be wrong, sometimes u don't listen to economists cos they can lead you to failure, examples are IMF to Nigeria, to Greece, which ended up in a mess, the international companies left, should dey keep the offices empty, do u know hw many jobs will be lost, they have to think wetin and use their initiative and keep the business going, it may not be like the Macdonald or any, but at least the economy is still going, it may be hard now but in the future, that company would ve gotten a lot of ground in Russia that their citizens wouldn't reason Macdonald again, don't just sit down and reason wat those folk that just love talking theory without practical solutions, the Russian govt is trying every possible means to keep those companies that left going becos majority of those companies employees are Russians, change the brand, just do wat u were doing, Macdonald audience were the Russian population, so nothing have change, the same audiences but different brand name and a cheaper price

6 Likes

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 21, 2022
Way to go. cool
Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by Franking: 9:07am On Mar 21, 2022
Good. The West can't have it their way all of the time.

1 Like

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by AngelicBeing: 9:07am On Mar 21, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

She packed from her marital home in anger because she suspected her husband was cheating with his secretary at work.

Let me also add that neither my stupid aunty nor any of her female kids got anything from him in his will.

Moral of the story is, don't always strive to be politically correct, there are a millions who would do better queueing up to take the spot you give away.

Hian, you have started again with your kulikuli analysis shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 21, 2022
Nellsworld:

U may be wrong, sometimes u don't listen to economists cos they can lead you to failure, examples are IMF to Nigeria, to Greece, which ended up in a mess, the international companies left, should dey keep the offices empty, do u know hw many jobs will be lost, they have to think wetin and use their initiative and keep the business going, it may not be like the Macdonald or any, but at least the economy is still going, it may be hard now but in the future, that company would ve gotten a lot of ground in Russia that their citizens wouldn't reason Macdonald again, don't just sit down and reason wat those folk that just love talking theory without practical solutions, the Russian govt is trying every possible means to keep those companies that left going becos majority of those companies employees are Russians, change the brand, just do wat u were doing, Macdonald audience were the Russian population, so nothing have change, the same audiences but different brand name and a cheaper price
I liked how you stuck to the the main points and lectured the over-confident buffoon without insulting him even though he tried unsuccessfully to shame the average Nigerian undergraduates, the graduates and the Npower beneficiaries by referring to them as "mere". Big ups.

6 Likes

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by hush15: 9:07am On Mar 21, 2022
ebig21:

Jesus, mc Donald don’t own any property, they own only the logo and recipe,
The property belongs to individuals who only paid for Mac Donald franchise

then you don't know the Mcdonald story. For some yes but for every strategic franchise, McDonald owns the property.
Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by Missionaire: 9:08am On Mar 21, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by Toktee(m): 9:10am On Mar 21, 2022
[quote author=BloomingDale post=111217074][/quote]Noise
Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by Grandmeister(m): 9:11am On Mar 21, 2022
obedience4:

Google MacDonald they are Worth more than some Banks in Nigeria
Lol more than all the banks actually.
Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by PlanktonX: 9:11am On Mar 21, 2022
Ekoblendedsince:
For those hailing Russia for invading Ukraine,how will you feel if the same is done to you?

This world no balance at all!!!

Those questioning the invasion of Ukraine had before invaded Syria, Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan etc. Russia sent trucks of food relief to Ukrainians at the border, just to show that they are not at war with the people but no in support of the govt that want to embrace the westerners.

None is a saint and they are all friend of benefits.
Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by criuze(m): 9:11am On Mar 21, 2022
America is towing the path of self destruction

After all these Russian will definitely sweat bad but america won't remain the same

1 Like

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by Dim08: 9:12am On Mar 21, 2022
obiekunie01:
putin should make sure he create laws to forbid these WESTERN companies from returning to russia!

HE SHOULD COPY FROM HIS FRIEND CHIZIPIN ABI NA WETIN BE THAT HIS NAME? AM TALKING OF CHINESE PRESIDENT THAT BAN ALL THE WESTERN SOCIAL MEDIAS LIKE FB, TWITTER, ETC, AND SOME WESTERN COMPANIES LIKE MACDONALD FROM OPERATING IN CHINA.

he should also as a matter of urgency encourage his tech citizens to develop their own social app like the Chinese did and ban facebook, twitter, insta, whatassp from ever operating withing the borders of Russia!

teach them a lesson they will never forget like the Chinese did.

while he is on it, he should beg his friend chizipin to borrow him the apple template with them so his Russian tech guys can develop their own Russian version of apple products and name them fruits.

LETS SEE WHO WILL LOSE LAST LAST!

It sounds good but on the other end, exportation is very important for any economy.

China may be enjoying their population advantage but a saturation period will soon come.

No country can isolate itself and prosper the way it ought to.

Your power is determined by your level of influence.
Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by texazzpete(m): 9:12am On Mar 21, 2022
bn365:

I didn't have the patience to read your last paragraph, and that's my bad
Well, I'm glad you went to a day school and are well-read.
I bet it helps you sleep well at night.
You're smart because you were given a certificate from an elite school, I guess? Nah.

I see a whole lot of you guys support the West in the hope you'll relocate someday, but some people can see the forest from the trees because they live in the West

Lol. If I wanted to relocate to the West, I could do that in a jiffy.

I am under no illusion how the world works, unlike you Putin groupies. The west has done shitty things in the past, but at this moment, Putin is the one waging war, he’s the aggressor and he’s the one slaughtering innocent civilians. While you gullible people swallow all his outlandish pretexts as a way to justify your senseless support for a tyrant.

Shame
Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by Sirlancelort(m): 9:13am On Mar 21, 2022
Ekoblendedsince:
For those hailing Russia for invading Ukraine,how will you feel if the same is done to you?
It's an unfortunate situation but Russia had no options left after all diplomatic channels failed, have you ever asked your self what is the essence of NATO? Have you asked your self why was Putin's request to join NATO was not accepted, you can Google that in the early 2000 he wanted to but they rejected because the purpose of NATO Would be automatically defeated, Americans have always seen Russia as a challenge in terms of power so they are doing everything within their power to humble them.

4 Likes

Re: Mcdonald's Closed 847 Restaurants In Russia. Russians Turned The Logo 90 Degrees by obedience4(m): 9:14am On Mar 21, 2022
Grandmeister:

Lol more than all the banks actually.

I stand corrected... Cheers mate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lebanon Runs Out Of Power , India And China To Follow ( Pics) / Moment A Python Regurgitates Huge Monitor Lizard In Thailand(Photos) / China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.