Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. (65527 Views)

Pictures Of Obi Cubana's Hotels And Clubs / Pictures Of Made In Aba Furniture. / Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by AngelicBeing: 10:10pm On Jul 30, 2022
cool
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by PHOTSEE(m): 10:11pm On Jul 30, 2022
hollandis:

Only homeless people go to laundromat.
Cant you afford to rent a place where there is washer and dryer in.your apartment?

See them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 10:14pm On Jul 30, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
This is how people do laundry themselves.
No one does it for u. Everything is automated.
No one enslaves anyone here.
Irrespective of your social status, you are expected to do it yourself.
Nigerian politicians can only purchase houses for their kids, but wouldn't want to live here, because the leisure of being served as Oga is not here.
When I tell people that the Real slavery is in Africa, they end up arguing with me.

So, here are pictures of how we do heavy material laundry. We do this when we have thick blankets
(duvet) & Jackets which may not yield to our regular household laundry machines.

Such can fetch so much jobs & wealth on a large scale, only if power is fixed in Nigeria.
Imagine running such on a Diesel engine!
Imagine the Noise and Air pollution too!

Rubbish post. If you are offering a service and getting paid for it, how is that slavery?
So when you take your clothes to the dry cleaners (plenty of them all over the US) is that also slavery?
All these Jonny just come to the US always posting rubbish just to make their country look bad.
I can hire Mexicans, AA and even Whites to wash my clothes as long I'm willing to pay the cost. There are Nigerians even here in the US who have sort of house maid, who take their kids to school, clean the house, cook and look after the kids.
If you can afford it, then you can have it. I know of 2 couples who have such maid doing all these for them even here in the US.
Is that also slavery? It's called economics, your skill set determines your economic worth and what you command in the open labor market.
Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by jimetagambo: 10:14pm On Jul 30, 2022
Nonexisting:
People abroad go to public laundry to wash while I have my own washer in my house here. Who is in a shithole now?
grin grin grin grin grin

This thread is hilarious.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by PHOTSEE(m): 10:15pm On Jul 30, 2022
sslcrypt:

What fucking opportunity? You guys talk without brain. When have Nigeria ever helped the ordinary man? I fuel my own generator, pay for my security, feed my self and all the government can do is frustrate you with useless laws that runs down someone business. All they can do is frustrate you when applying for a passport.

Anyone that steps out this hell have every right to give a big middle finger to the country. Because in addition you have selfish bastards and tribal idiots that will vote a senile vegetable into power just because he will get some campaign contract or the person is from their tribe.

I remember when useless immigration tried some rubbish just because my husband came to Nigeria finalize our marriage documents to process my citizenship in Estonia. It's when I knew some every day Nigerian have a mental problem and jealousy issue. Poverty causes hate for no reason.

So yeah is big fk you is the best response to anyone that gets out from this hell because what have the country done for him or her.
You spoke well my sister

1 Like

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by jimetagambo: 10:17pm On Jul 30, 2022
sslcrypt:

What fucking opportunity? You guys talk without brain. When have Nigeria ever helped the ordinary man? I fuel my own generator, pay for my security, feed my self and all the government can do is frustrate you with useless laws that runs down someone business. All they can do is frustrate you when applying for a passport.

Anyone that steps out this hell have every right to give a big middle finger to the country. Because in addition you have selfish bastards and tribal idiots that will vote a senile vegetable into power just because he will get some campaign contract or the person is from their tribe.

I remember when useless immigration tried some rubbish just because my husband came to Nigeria finalize our marriage documents to process my citizenship in Estonia. It's when I knew some every day Nigerian have a mental problem and jealousy issue. Poverty causes hate for no reason.

So yeah is big fk you is the best response to anyone that gets out from this hell because what have the country done for him or her.
You dey vex for Nigeria oo. I understand you Sha. Nigeria can really be very frustrating.
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by PHOTSEE(m): 10:21pm On Jul 30, 2022
IPIGSRSHALLOW:

Rubbish post. If you are offering a service and getting paid for it, how is that slavery?
So when you take your clothes to the dry cleaners (plenty of them all over the US) is that also slavery?
All these Jonny just come to the US always posting rubbish just to make their country look bad.
I can hire Mexicans, AA and even Whites to wash my clothes as long I'm willing to pay the cost. There are Nigerians even here in the US who have sort of house maid, who take their kids to school, clean the house, cook and look after the kids.
If you can afford it, then you can have it. I know of 2 couples who have such maid doing all these for them even here in the US.
Is that also slavery? It's called economics, your skill set determines your economic worth and what you command in the open labor market.
Smh
Please come and do half of all those thing you mention in Nigeria.just try any employ a Filipino down here and play in dollars
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 10:25pm On Jul 30, 2022
PHOTSEE:

Please come and do half of all those thing you mention in Nigeria.

My skill set determines my worth, I have trained myself over the years and have gained valuable skills and talent that the labor market is willing to handsomely for. Hence I don't need to do those jobs.
Just going to school and learning to read and write does not automatically makes you marketable because college degree is too common now , therefore you need to find skills that will separate you from others.
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 10:29pm On Jul 30, 2022
PHOTSEE:

Please come and do half of all those thing you mention in Nigeria.just try any employ a Filipino down here and play in dollars

Why will I pay in Dollars? IS the US Dollars the official currency of Nigeria?
If you have skills that's worth paying for in US dollars then someone will pay you. It's all about supply and demand. Is there a great demand for what you can do that others can't? Washing clothes is not a special skill, because there are millions of Nigerians who can do the same job hence the low pay.
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by PHOTSEE(m): 10:36pm On Jul 30, 2022
IPIGSRSHALLOW:

My skill set determines my worth, I have trained myself over the years and have gained valuable skills and talent that the labor market is willing to handsomely for. Hence I don't need to do those jobs.
Just going to school and learning to read and write does not automatically makes you marketable because college degree is too common now , therefore you need to find skills that will separate you from others.

I am only enaging you because the life style over there is very far better over there than here, so my brother you people make una there fear God oo. The way una they commonize things way Oyinbo man put for ground like say e easy na him your government no fit do am for nija dey baffful me oooo. Nawoooo see entitlement. I tire ooo

2 Likes

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 10:48pm On Jul 30, 2022
PHOTSEE:

I am only enaging you because the life style over there is very far better over there than here, so my brother you people make una there fear God oo. The way una they commonize things way Oyin man put for ground like say e easy na him your government no fit do am for nija dey baffful me oooo. Nawoooo see entitlement. I tire ooo

Hope you are not getting me wrong. I don't take anything for granted and I have no entitlement mentality. I know it took many generations and hard work of Oyinbo people to have the country they have. nothing is giving for free, if you want it, you have to work for it. If we want a better Nigeria, we all have to work for it, not just expecting one President to come and change the fortune of the whole country. Not possible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by Maforgreats(m): 10:50pm On Jul 30, 2022
wiseone28:
I will experience it when i win 40m from bet9ja
That means u will never experience it oh, na bet9ja go win 40million from you.
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by Clinghton: 10:52pm On Jul 30, 2022
So there's nothing like manual or hand washing over there.
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by PHOTSEE(m): 10:56pm On Jul 30, 2022
IPIGSRSHALLOW:

Hope you are not getting me wrong. I don't take anything for granted and I have no entitlement mentality. I know it took many generations and hard work of Oyinbo people to have the country they have. nothing is giving for free, if you want it, you have to work for it. If we want a better Nigeria, we all have to work for it, not just expecting one President to come and change the fortune of the whole country. Not possible.

God bless you and remain blessed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 10:57pm On Jul 30, 2022
PHOTSEE:

God bless you and remain blessed

You do the same. Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by wiseone28: 10:58pm On Jul 30, 2022
Maforgreats:

That means u will never experience it oh, na bet9ja go win 40million from you.
Be positive

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 30, 2022
Clinghton:
So there's nothing like manual or hand washing over there.
No one has that time..
Every body dey chase dollars.
Machines do the drying as well.
So, there's nothing like sun drying except in special cases.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by ofiko123(m): 11:12pm On Jul 30, 2022
There is nothing special about outdoor laundry...
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 30, 2022
ofiko123:
There is nothing special about outdoor laundry...
You are Right! Just for people's Education.
Nothing else!
U can also put up pictures of Modern & Local Motor Parks to spice up Nairaland.
People ought to be informed about happenings in other places. One person can't know it all.
The TOPIC wasn't meant for "special" purposes. Rather for people's enlightenment.
May be you would prefer Obituaries & BBNaija hitting front pages..Sorry, I detest such!
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by armyofone(m): 11:30pm On Jul 30, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Yeah.
You are right about Germany.
Same applies to almost every building in the US.
I think that of Germany is a bit closer to the people. This I saw when I visited Germany.
However, what I put up there is a PUBLIC LAUNDRY center, where people can wash heavy duty materials which may not yield to the small regular ones we have in our buildings.
I have the regular one in my apartment.
But whenever I need to wash my Rugs & giant duvet, this does it effortlessly.
Some people visit here twice 4 times a year.
While some patronize them regularly grin grin

Check Lowes and home depot - they have big stylish washer and dryer - front load and top load. Pricy though...if you have a single family home, you'd need them. They can wash king size comforter/duvet.

This same kind of public laundromat is a good business idea. But no light in Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by phixtech: 11:41pm On Jul 30, 2022
Awesome! Thanks to tech!

1 Like

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by hamouston91(m): 11:45pm On Jul 30, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
This is how people do laundry themselves.
No one does it for u. Everything is automated.
No one enslaves anyone here.
Irrespective of your social status, you are expected to do it yourself.
Nigerian politicians can only purchase houses for their kids, but wouldn't want to live here, because the leisure of being served as Oga is not here.
When I tell people that the Real slavery is in Africa, they end up arguing with me.

So, here are pictures of how we do heavy material laundry. We do this when we have thick blankets
(duvet) & Jackets which may not yield to our regular household laundry machines.

Such can fetch so much jobs & wealth on a large scale, only if power is fixed in Nigeria.
Imagine running such on a Diesel engine!
Imagine the Noise and Air pollution too!

Please are you in New England?

1 Like

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by obayendo1010(m): 11:45pm On Jul 30, 2022
But i didn't see obama or trump or is not time for their laundry?
Make una rest with nonsense comparism.
Every society must have elite and those to deserve honour....... You dey common laundry people nor go hear world... You go US go slave yourself dey call people for their home slave....
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:55pm On Jul 30, 2022
Pray:
Kga keep kwayet. Tos is available in Naija too... Nothing exceptional about this Biko.
at ceiling skyhigh prices? Available where? When u say available, it means in every nook & corner.

Sincerely I don't know what u guys are trying to defend. Another person here said only stingy & jjc peeps use the facilities over there! Typical African man mentality.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:58pm On Jul 30, 2022
obayendo1010:
But i didn't see obama or trump or is not time for their laundry?
Make una rest with nonsense comparism.
Every society must have elite and those to deserve honour....... You dey common laundry people nor go hear world... You go US go slave yourself dey call people for their home slave....
no light in 21st century Nijeriya, low industrialization, unemployment then high crime.

1 Like

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by nedekid: 12:01am On Jul 31, 2022
You never "arrive" America yet. You still de boarder.
Those that have their laundry done for them have arrived. Those using laundromat still de boarder.
If you get what I mean.
Here in naija, we have washing machine for house, we also de use washer am or dry cleaners. grin
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by nedekid: 12:03am On Jul 31, 2022
You never "arrive" America yet. You still de boarder.
Those that have their laundry done for them have arrived. Those using laundromat still de boarder.
If you get what I mean. Abi is uzor Kalu using laundromat at his Potomac residence?
Here in naija, we have washing machine for house, we also de use washer am or dry cleaners. grin
Abi
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by Fujiyama: 12:31am On Jul 31, 2022
IPIGSRSHALLOW:

My skill set determines my worth, I have trained myself over the years and have gained valuable skills and talent that the labor market is willing to handsomely for.

^^^
cheesy

A bit hard to believe.
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by KosiGee(m): 12:50am On Jul 31, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
Machine Drying, Done..
Guys tidying up (folding up) their cloths neatly.

A little suggestion/advice…

You know you and other customers can have a little ping pong/table tennis game on those tables that you fold your clothes on…if they are not being used. grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by AnthonyAk(m): 1:18am On Jul 31, 2022
I do my laundry at home
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by omoyankee3(m): 1:21am On Jul 31, 2022
Well done
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by isyourboy(m): 2:18am On Jul 31, 2022
Nigerians, always in the habit of talking bad about their country in a bid to satisfy their white lords and masters. Every little things, una must compare. for every thing I enjoy in the US, I pay for it bro. Before I came here, I use to think all these things una use to compare are free or cheap, but nah. You see 24hrs light? You pay for it. The questions is are you ready to have your income taxed to death the way it is been done in western countries?

Must you always denigrate your country to sound reasonable and to make it look like you are doing better to those back home? We all know most Nigerians are doing menial jobs they wouldnt ordinarily do in Nigeria here.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Opay Risks Ban As Report Finds Them Guilty Of Offering "Crazy Loans" / How To Open And Run A School Successfully / Swiftecurrency Customer Service- Buy/Sell PM,Bitcoin,Neteller,Paypal etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.