Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,253 members, 7,815,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. (65540 Views)

Pictures Of Obi Cubana's Hotels And Clubs / Pictures Of Made In Aba Furniture. / Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by cooooooks(m): 7:40am On Jul 31, 2022
I've run business in Nigeria.

I was surprised at how surprised my staff and coworkers were that I treated them as equals.

Nigerians, INCLUDING people with 3rd class have a LOT to offer.

SUPERPACK:
Your pictures are good and shows a modern society. What I don't get is the mention of Slave and enslave when it has to do with business. Pass your info without making your readers feel like lower humans.
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by Orch1981: 8:18am On Jul 31, 2022
IPIGSRSHALLOW:

Rubbish post. If you are offering a service and getting paid for it, how is that slavery?
So when you take your clothes to the dry cleaners (plenty of them all over the US) is that also slavery?
All these Jonny just come to the US always posting rubbish just to make their country look bad.
I can hire Mexicans, AA and even Whites to wash my clothes as long I'm willing to pay the cost. There are Nigerians even here in the US who have sort of house maid, who take their kids to school, clean the house, cook and look after the kids.
If you can afford it, then you can have it. I know of 2 couples who have such maid doing all these for them even here in the US.
Is that also slavery? It's called economics, your skill set determines your economic worth and what you command in the open labor market.
Smh
Education no be sence oooo some people go school but them no get sence
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by wowcatty: 8:24am On Jul 31, 2022
Rich Nigerians can still afford to hire maids especially the hardworking Mexicans for $15/hr for a minimum of 4 hours each day. Also most people have washers and dryers at home anyways and it's always best to have yours(front loaders are inexpensive and last for a long time)because of bad people who go to wash their dogs blankets in there even when they have washers at home.
MALIGNANTGuest:
This is how people do laundry themselves.
No one does it for u. Everything is automated.
No one enslaves anyone here.
Irrespective of your social status, you are expected to do it yourself.
Nigerian politicians can only purchase houses for their kids, but wouldn't want to live here, because the leisure of being served as Oga is not here.
When I tell people that the Real slavery is in Africa, they end up arguing with me.

So, here are pictures of how we do heavy material laundry. We do this when we have thick blankets
(duvet) & Jackets which may not yield to our regular household laundry machines.

Such can fetch so much jobs & wealth on a large scale, only if power is fixed in Nigeria.
Imagine running such on a Diesel engine!
Imagine the Noise and Air pollution too!
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by Orch1981: 8:26am On Jul 31, 2022
isyourboy:
Nigerians, always in the habit of talking bad about their country in a bid to satisfy their white lords and masters. Every little things, una must compare. for every thing I enjoy in the US, I pay for it bro. Before I came here, I use to think all these things una use to compare are free or cheap, but nah. You see 24hrs light? You pay for it. The questions is are you ready to have your income taxed to death the way it is been done in western countries?

Must you always denigrate your country to sound reasonable and to make it look like you are doing better to those back home? We all know most Nigerians are doing menial jobs they wouldnt ordinarily do in Nigeria here.
Is the country Nigeria not bad?

1 Like

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by bewla(m): 8:28am On Jul 31, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
This is how people do laundry themselves.
No one does it for u. Everything is automated.
No one enslaves anyone here.
Irrespective of your social status, you are expected to do it yourself.
Nigerian politicians can only purchase houses for their kids, but wouldn't want to live here, because the leisure of being served as Oga is not here.
When I tell people that the Real slavery is in Africa, they end up arguing with me.

So, here are pictures of how we do heavy material laundry. We do this when we have thick blankets
(duvet) & Jackets which may not yield to our regular household laundry machines.

Such can fetch so much jobs & wealth on a large scale, only if power is fixed in Nigeria.
Imagine running such on a Diesel engine!
Imagine the Noise and Air pollution too!
Thanks no thanks I done watch am tied for firm

African like to make it's citizens cry
Cradle of civilization
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by SUPERPACK: 8:47am On Jul 31, 2022
jonbat:

So you are enjoying the basic things of life in Naija. Hypocrite like u
I never said so. Every society have poor and rich. Even in America some don't get the basic things
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by Aphrygian(m): 9:29am On Jul 31, 2022
sukkot:
hehe he better delete this useless thread grin grin

shows the OP is a sufferhead because
1- he thinks laundromat is a big deal
2- in america only destitutes use laundromats. in laundromats in america you will see the place is full of drug addicts who come to wash the clothes they are currently wearing lol. you will see them remove their clothes in the laudromat down to their boxers and then quickly wash the clothes and then wear it again and hop back into the street looking for drugs cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
God bless you bro,we no our leaders are bad, but talking about about this country every opportunities that we have is not going to be acceptable any longer, the funniest part of this is it's even those that have never done anything to move Nigeria forward that is always at the fore front. Tobi amusan did not wait for any government before she made gold,same thing with Eze brume

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:32am On Jul 31, 2022
Aphrygian:
the op will be regretting his actions by now
Shebi u sef don see the difference?

Homeless people goes to laundromart. As in the thing no b anything for that side again, that implies that nearly almost, no person including the lowest of society dey use hand wash clothes for there again.

But in Naija many still use hand to wash cloth (mind u not poor people o, I am talking about students in University, few existing middle class, peeps in urban City areas!). grin

But in island, Lagos, Nigeria, wealthiest elite people going to laundromart. grin
Admit & concede now!

In addition, if we give cloth to dry cleaners/laundry (most of them use hand) to wash & iron for you, technically we are still using hand to wash, just that in this case we borrowed the dry cleaner's hand.
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by wiseone28: 9:59am On Jul 31, 2022
clockwisereport:

You may never experience it if your hope is on bet9ja.
Says a false prophet
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by clockwisereport: 10:10am On Jul 31, 2022
wiseone28:
Says a false prophet
you will learn the hard way. I will remind you of this day the day your lamentations will nairaland front page.
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by wiseone28: 10:13am On Jul 31, 2022
clockwisereport:

you will learn the hard way. I will remind you of this day the day your lamentations will nairaland front page.
I laughed you in Swahili

Do you know if you will be alive by then?

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by bunsuq: 10:23am On Jul 31, 2022
Surulere shop rite has a self service laundry service.
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by clockwisereport: 10:35am On Jul 31, 2022
wiseone28:
I laughed you in Swahili

Do you know if you will be alive by then?

Are you God, the giver and taker of life?
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by einsteine(m): 10:35am On Jul 31, 2022
OP is making it seem that everyone uses laundromat in the US. The rich and high income there don't use laundromats especially those living in detached apartments.
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by wiseone28: 10:37am On Jul 31, 2022
clockwisereport:

Are you God, the giver and taker of life?
Are you God to decide where i can make my millions from?
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by clockwisereport: 10:41am On Jul 31, 2022
wiseone28:
Are you God to decide where i can make my millions from?

People who place their hope on gambling all have the same ending- regrets and gnashing of teeth
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by wiseone28: 10:46am On Jul 31, 2022
clockwisereport:

People who place their hope on gambling all have the same ending- regrets and gnashing of teeth
And your hope is on what?

$1 to #1

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by clockwisereport: 10:51am On Jul 31, 2022
wiseone28:
And your hope is on what?

$1 to #1

Time will tell. Happy Sunday bro
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by wiseone28: 10:54am On Jul 31, 2022
clockwisereport:

Time will tell. Happy Sunday bro
Same to you.

Just wish me luck and not negativity.
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:37am On Jul 31, 2022
einsteine:
OP is making it seem that everyone uses laundromat in the US. The rich and high income there don't use laundromats especially those living in detached apartments.
What of Naija where human being (laundry men) still wash and iron clothes with hand? Instead of machines!

Many people say they can't even do that job, they consider it as slavery job!
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by descarado: 11:59am On Jul 31, 2022
sukkot:
i dont know about this one oooo hehe. where i come from nobody sees fulani as anything ooo. in fact the few fulanis we encounter are always begging in traffic so this is not a problem amongst my people. we dont see any black man as our master. however we are struggling to shed the idea of seeing the white man as our colonial masters. but we definitely dont see no NEGROS AS MASTERS lmaoooo. we dont care if you are in rulership or not you are still the same color as me. and like i said earlier the only fulanis we encounter are begging in traffic cheesy
am from lagos state by the way. the son of the soil. ikorodu
I do hope and pray the political class are like you.
Fulani is their master.
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by sukkot: 12:01pm On Jul 31, 2022
descarado:

I do hope and pray the political class are like you.
Fulani is their master.
i think you are imposing how you and your people feel on others. nobody around these parts view anybody as their master. look at tinubu for example ? he is controlling all the fulanis. his vp is a fulani. same with obasanjo. these guys play in the same field with fulanis. in fact your fulani president was put their in office by tinubu
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by planetx: 12:24pm On Jul 31, 2022
Is this person saying there are no houses in Nigeria with washing machines, cause I am not understanding. How much are washing machines here in Nigeria.
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by planetx: 12:32pm On Jul 31, 2022
highchief1:
me prefer to hang my cloths under mango tree sha
Those dryers will shrink your clothes, under mango tree drying is the best.
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by planetx: 12:37pm On Jul 31, 2022
jimetagambo:

Maybe because he knows that a Benz Jeep does not exist. It's like saying you own a Toyota Honda grin
Nigerians call SUVS jeep.
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by planetx: 12:44pm On Jul 31, 2022
onegig:

Lol.... mental slavery.

You lots should go out more. In Lagos alone there are tens of laundromats scattered everywhere.

Heck as far back as 2016 i was using an app to make payments for a laundromat in Lagos

May God heal lots of Nigerians from inferiority complex. Education isn't about sitting inside a four walled classroom. The internet is free and a google search isn't too far off.
Most of those people are probably posting from their villages.

1 Like

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by planetx: 12:45pm On Jul 31, 2022
Ahmed0336:
There are many laundromats in Abuja. Chai!!! Nigerians can disgrace pesin sha.
Too many illiterates posting from villages.
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by highchief1: 12:58pm On Jul 31, 2022
planetx:
Those dryers will shrink your clothes, under mango tree drying is the best.
lol u stand with me?
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by joshscott931: 1:00pm On Jul 31, 2022
I need to japa from this kwontry

[code][/code] aswear[b][/b]
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by Konjiboii: 1:24pm On Jul 31, 2022
jimetagambo:

Maybe because he knows that a Benz Jeep does not exist. It's like saying you own a Toyota Honda grin

But you know what I mean
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by etrange: 2:00pm On Jul 31, 2022
cococandy:
houses do. But apartments may not.

I see.
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by Missy89(f): 3:53pm On Jul 31, 2022
American jjc. There are laundromats in Nigeria too. Did you migrate from your village?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Opay Risks Ban As Report Finds Them Guilty Of Offering "Crazy Loans" / How To Open And Run A School Successfully / Swiftecurrency Customer Service- Buy/Sell PM,Bitcoin,Neteller,Paypal etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.