Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana In World Bank Ease Of Doing Business Ranking - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana In World Bank Ease Of Doing Business Ranking (858 Views)

Gombe Tops National Ease Of Doing Business Ranking, / Nemesis Catching Up With Tinubu – Bode George / Nigeria Drops On World Bank’s Ease Of Doing Business Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana In World Bank Ease Of Doing Business Ranking by Reflect7: 2:20am On Mar 23, 2022
Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana in World Bank Ease of Doing Business Rankings

Powerhouse. Lagos, Nigeria

The annual World Bank Ease of Doing Business Rankings are like a bible for world investors, keen to capitalise on stable markets to maximise productivity and hence, profits.

A country's ranking on the index is a make or break determinant of the level of foreign investment it attracts from the world business community.

The rankings are on a scale of 0 to 100, with 100 representing Optimal ease of doing business within a country.

Up till 2016, Nigeria ranked alongside Haiti and the Rep of Congo in the 37-ish region.

By 2019 she ranked 53.4.

By 2020 she ranked 57

In 2019, Ghana's rank was 60.4

In 2020 it fell to 60.

This means Ghana is static and regressing, while Nigeria is fast moving up the scale at accelerated speed, about to equal and soon surpass Ghana in the World Bank Ease of Doing Business Index.

The rail and infrastructure revolution underway in Nigeria will only accelerate it further on the index.

I think exciting times are ahead for this federal republic.

https://archive.doingbusiness.org/en/data/doing-business-score

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana In World Bank Ease Of Doing Business Ranking by Rollsnjaguar(m): 3:28am On Mar 23, 2022
How?

When I cannot make international payment with any Nigeria Mastercard or Visa.
Re: Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana In World Bank Ease Of Doing Business Ranking by Naijanascam: 3:46am On Mar 23, 2022
Yes very very very very good on paper

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana In World Bank Ease Of Doing Business Ranking by superCleanworks(m): 3:53am On Mar 23, 2022
Catching up with one step forward and 30 steps backwards

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana In World Bank Ease Of Doing Business Ranking by Reflect7: 4:11am On Mar 23, 2022
superCleanworks:

Not according to the Index.

According to your imagination.

Sit there talking trash while business people clean up.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana In World Bank Ease Of Doing Business Ranking by Reflect7: 4:14am On Mar 23, 2022
Naijanascam:
Yes very very very very good on paper

Yes, major international companies, investors, and business people rely on respected research findings and statistics from sources like the Word Bank, ie ''paper'' - to use your illiterate term - to make their business and investment decisions.

They don't rely for their data on anecdotal, beer parlour rantings by laymen and permanent malcontents like you.
Re: Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana In World Bank Ease Of Doing Business Ranking by helinues: 5:00am On Mar 23, 2022
Apart from mobile money, average Ghanaians don't even have bank account
Re: Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana In World Bank Ease Of Doing Business Ranking by Ecos(m): 5:06am On Mar 23, 2022
Thank county sef. So na catching up we dey now? Tueh

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana In World Bank Ease Of Doing Business Ranking by superCleanworks(m): 5:45am On Mar 23, 2022
Reflect7:

Your country, Giant of Africa is CATCHING UP with ghana and you are proud.
Mr LAWMA keep cleaning up.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana In World Bank Ease Of Doing Business Ranking by meccuno: 5:46am On Mar 23, 2022
[s]
Reflect7:
Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana in World Bank Ease of Doing Business Rankings

Powerhouse. Lagos, Nigeria

The annual World Bank Ease of Doing Business Rankings are like a bible for world investors, keen to capitalise on stable markets to maximise productivity and hence, profits.

A country's ranking on the index is a make or break determinant of the level of foreign investment it attracts from the world business community.

The rankings are on a scale of 0 to 100, with 100 representing Optimal ease of doing business within a country.

Up till 2016, Nigeria ranked alongside Haiti and the Rep of Congo in the 37-ish region.

By 2019 she ranked 53.4.

By 2020 she ranked 57

In 2019, Ghana's rank was 60.4

In 2020 it fell to 60.

This means Ghana is static and regressing, while Nigeria is fast moving up the scale at accelerated speed, about to equal and soon surpass Ghana in the World Bank Ease of Doing Business Index.

The rail and infrastructure revolution underway in Nigeria will only accelerate it further on the index.

I think exciting times are ahead for this federal republic.

https://archive.doingbusiness.org/en/data/doing-business-score
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana In World Bank Ease Of Doing Business Ranking by meccuno: 5:47am On Mar 23, 2022
[s]
Reflect7:

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana In World Bank Ease Of Doing Business Ranking by meccuno: 5:47am On Mar 23, 2022
[s]
Reflect7:

Yes, major international companies, investors, and business people rely on respected research findings and statistics from sources like the Word Bank, ie ''paper'' - to use your illiterate term - to make their business and investment decisions.

They don't rely for their data on anecdotal, beer parlour rantings by laymen and permanent malcontents like you.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana In World Bank Ease Of Doing Business Ranking by Yujin(m): 5:57am On Mar 23, 2022
superCleanworks:

Your country, Giant of Africa is CATCHING UP to ghana and you are proud.
It's like when Big Show is doing catch-up to Nollywood's Pawpaw in a Wrestling competition. A big shame.
Re: Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana In World Bank Ease Of Doing Business Ranking by OVB123: 6:18am On Mar 23, 2022
superCleanworks:

Your country, Giant of Africa is CATCHING UP to ghana and you are proud.
They are catching up with Ghana and not to Ghana.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana In World Bank Ease Of Doing Business Ranking by superCleanworks(m): 6:27am On Mar 23, 2022
OVB123:
They are catching up with Ghana and not to Ghana.

I am typing with one hand and counting money with the other so i think it is better i made a typo than a counto.
If you don't gerrit...

Thanks anyway
Re: Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana In World Bank Ease Of Doing Business Ranking by superCleanworks(m): 6:33am On Mar 23, 2022
Reflect7:

, beer parlour rantings by laymen and permanent malcontents like you

You must be very full of yourself. I doubt if you still need breakfast.

From your tiny phone you know who is a layman and everything. Such a great wizard.
Re: Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana In World Bank Ease Of Doing Business Ranking by mcmbonu: 6:52am On Mar 23, 2022
Ghana has Joined the league of hopelessness
Re: Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana In World Bank Ease Of Doing Business Ranking by Reflect7: 10:15pm On Mar 23, 2022
superCleanworks:

You must be very full of yourself. I doubt if you still need breakfast.

From your tiny phone you know who is a layman and everything. Such a great wizard.

You have no clue where I'm typing from, you stupid mongrel.
Re: Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana In World Bank Ease Of Doing Business Ranking by Reflect7: 10:18pm On Mar 23, 2022
meccuno:
LIES

What is the 'LIE'?

Did you even click on the Word Bank link I posted showing the official Ease of Doing Business Index?

Who is lying, the Word Bank or me?

Forum of illiterates and school dropouts.
Re: Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana In World Bank Ease Of Doing Business Ranking by Reflect7: 10:24pm On Mar 23, 2022
superCleanworks:

Your country, Giant of Africa is CATCHING UP with ghana and you are proud.

If you weren't a dunce, you would see the news as positive, and something to encourage your business juices to flow.

But being a negative-minded simpleton, for whom everything is about ego and bragging rights, you see a positive development as actually negative and something to scorn, rather than the serious economic issue it is.

That's why you will remain average or less, while your mates and juniors soar.
Re: Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana In World Bank Ease Of Doing Business Ranking by superCleanworks(m): 11:44pm On Mar 23, 2022
Reflect7:

You have no clue where I'm typing from, you stupid mongrel.

Where are you typing from ? International space station?

You wouldn't be typing if you were that special, Someone else should be doing that for you but you are doing it yourself because you are just another little meaningless crab in the bucket.
Tie a ribbon around yourself if You really want to feel special.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana In World Bank Ease Of Doing Business Ranking by FreeStuffsNG: 11:51pm On Mar 23, 2022
Hahaha. It is Ghana actually doing catchup.

That is why the big ticket investments coming to Africa heads to either Egypt or Nigeria or SA in Aftica.
Ghana is not a good investment clime for foreigners!

I know the low self esteemed negative minded unpatriotic Nigerians love such inaccurate hyping of Ghana for as long as it is not in favour of Nigeria.

Ghana is the only country I know that a foreigner can not directly own and register a company but come to Nigeria, as a foreigner you can even own 100% and even enjoy waivers to repatriate 100% of your profits like we have in Nigeria's mining sector. You can never ever try that in Ghana.

Even to open ordinary provision store that is in every street in Lagos and freely operated by Nigerians and many foreigners from Niger, Mali, Chad etc, you need a ridiculous license to do that in Ghana!

If you are looking for where to invest, look to Lagos, my city!

According to the latest World Economic Forum rating of Africa, Lagos is the StartUp capital of Africa and No. 1 cosmopolitan city in Africa. By GDP, we are the best run city in Africa.

Invest in Lagos today.
On the mandate of Asiwaju Tinubu I stand.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

Re: Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana In World Bank Ease Of Doing Business Ranking by superCleanworks(m): 6:22am On Mar 24, 2022
Reflect7:

If you weren't a dunce, you would see the news as positive, and something to encourage your business juices to flow.

That's why you will remain average or less, while your mates and juniors soar.

Average or less? Mates, juniors? Is that what you do with your life? Measuring people? You think life is your secondary school? And you say your brain is not in a gabage dump with pigs chewing on it? What a stuuupid dimwit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana In World Bank Ease Of Doing Business Ranking by AntiBeEmCe(m): 6:27am On Mar 24, 2022
Dream on. Rvbbish gutter reportage
Re: Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana In World Bank Ease Of Doing Business Ranking by Parachoko: 6:51am On Mar 24, 2022
superCleanworks:
Take a look at the list, educate yourself about it and cure yourself of this ignorance.
Re: Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana In World Bank Ease Of Doing Business Ranking by amazingspiderma: 7:25am On Mar 24, 2022
When diesel price dey #700 naira from #350 within one month.

Catching indeed...
Re: Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana In World Bank Ease Of Doing Business Ranking by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 7:54am On Mar 24, 2022
Keep deceiving una self
Re: Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana In World Bank Ease Of Doing Business Ranking by superCleanworks(m): 8:33am On Mar 24, 2022
Parachoko:
Take a look at the list, educate yourself about it and cure yourself of this ignorance.

Take that list and shove it deep in your sister's ass. How many businesses do you run in this country?
Re: Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana In World Bank Ease Of Doing Business Ranking by Parachoko: 8:34am On Mar 24, 2022
superCleanworks:

Take that list and shove it deep in your sister's ass. How many businesses do you run in this country?
Shove your useless question in your mother ass.
Re: Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana In World Bank Ease Of Doing Business Ranking by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 24, 2022
grin

Re: Nigeria Fast Catching Up With Ghana In World Bank Ease Of Doing Business Ranking by superCleanworks(m): 8:47am On Mar 24, 2022
Parachoko:
Shove your useless question in your mother ass.

I already shoved the LONG list in your mother's ass. You should have made this request early enough.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: IBB, PDP Elders Announce Saraki, Mohammed As Northern Consensus / Tinubu And Osinbajo Shook Hands At The Sw Apc Elder S Meeting- Photos / See What I Was Banned For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.