Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,092 members, 7,814,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Is There Still Hope For Her? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There Still Hope For Her? (5846 Views)

Am 19 Is There Still Hope For Me To Learn My Language? / Is There Still Hope For Me In Life Anymore? I'm about to be useless / Anja Ringgren Lovén Marks 4 Years She Rescued Hope, A Child Branded As Witch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Still Hope For Her? by Acidosis(m): 10:05pm On Mar 24, 2022
creepsyme:

I truly appreciate the time you took in responding to me, I feel so ventilated.
Firstly, concerning the issues of my finance, I noticed while I worked in the bank I made series of errors that got me paying monies, no matter the department I am being transfered to.
Secondly, I was literally the only one working in my family, it may interest you to know that I am from a family of 10, 3 boys and 7 girls all from the same mother, I am the second child and the bulk of financial responsibility rested on me.
I trained 4 of my siblings in the university upon graduation I thought I could be relieved but not job came around them only menial jobs .
Concerning relationship, saying good things about myself may sound like blowing my own trumpet, I did all I could in my relationships to work but to no avail, it may interest you also to know that I grew up in my family to discover my cousin sisters were just there without marriage, my siblings never got married until from 2016 - 2017 it was so glaring that everybody knew something was basically wrong iny family.
As I speak right now, my major challenge is self discovery, life isn't all about going to school to acquire degrees, I wish I know how to go about it.
However, If I know a different approach to give the situation I will gladly do it without hesitation.

My instinct, when I read that post, was that you spent a lot training your siblings/family. This is why I agree with the idea of self discovery. I think you have invested a significant part of your life making people happy at the expense of your personal fulfilment.

It's very evident from your narration. Not only did you sponsor 4 of your siblings' education, but you also go as far as patronising people who are out to scam you. Maybe it's a personality issue, maybe you don't know how to say no, I wouldn't know but one thing is certain, it is not too late to fix things.

In your path to self discovery, deliverance may be necessary. I don't have a personal experience of how deliverance changed my finance or relationship but I'm convinced beyond doubts that prayers work. You have seen a pattern of late marriage. That's a good pointer. Many of our ancestors committed grave crimes. Some sacrificed human beings, some raped women, etc. Sadly, someone must pay for these crimes. Many victims had no access to a justice system so curses and spells were the only available tools. Some families were cursed and still cursed till date. Some forefathers worshipped idols so much that they dedicated their unborn generations to stup!d vindictive gods. If you have access to aged people in your village, approach them and get real life and terrifying stories.

When people compare us with the west, it usually don't make sense. At the time the US and Britain already had laws in place to checkmate crimes, our forefathers were still killing albinos and twins for "Oro" and new yam festivals. It took the intervention of a few missionaries to address some of these issues.

Bottom line, I'm totally for and not against deliverance to delist yourself from any known and unknown covenant. How to go about it, however, is the challenge. Too many doom and fake pastors out there. This might sound senseless but your chances of getting delivered in a 21st century AC fitted church is slim. Bible school pastors can't help either. Ministry for many pastors today is just a means of survival (an avenue to gain followers, money, and fame).

6 Likes

Re: Is There Still Hope For Her? by Farfalla(f): 1:29am On Mar 25, 2022
Klass99:

Okay, it's story time....

tongue tongue

I did not want to quote the whole post but for the advice you have given the lady, all I can say is, may you live long. Your response is the most balanced and practical. You're Catholic I presume?

I'm usually short of words sometimes on matters such as the one the OP is dealing with because many times, I take a very different approach to things and they mostly work for me, but I wouldn't know whether my advice would be helpful or damaging to their situation. I tend to do stuff others would consider bold and unusual.

Normally I find it easy to make peace with certain situations, especially if I can't change it. Were I to be in the OP's shoes I'd have made peace with the situation a long time ago. Wouldn't even put up any fight at all. But that's me.

I hate being controlled by anxiety. It's the devil's weapon. I realised one thing a long time ago. The more fearful you are of an eventuality, the higher the likelihood of it happening.
Job 3:25 - "For the thing which I greatly feared has come upon me, and that which I dreaded has befallen me." Job was a witness.

People have a way of sensing what you fear, and this phenomenon is very common with the "logical" gender. They can sense when a woman fears to be abandoned, a woman who fears the stigma of spinsterhood, a woman who fears beautiful other women, a woman who fears to die alone, etc and they ensure that they serve you what you fear most. grin

I'd advise the OP to disconnect herself from the fear of 'stigma' or loneliness and surround herself with positive mammals. What will be, will be.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Still Hope For Her? by Farfalla(f): 1:48am On Mar 25, 2022
creepsyme:

As I speak right now, my major challenge is self discovery, life isn't all about going to school to acquire degrees, I wish I know how to go about it.
However, If I know a different approach to give the situation I will gladly do it without hesitation.

Do you have any passion? Interests?

2 Likes

Re: Is There Still Hope For Her? by azammi(m): 3:21am On Mar 25, 2022
Anybody that mind kobo must be new to nairaland or just confused.
Ishilove:

Madam, don't mind Kobo. Your problem is spiritual and if you are feeling silly over what was revealed to you, then I'm guessing you have been embarking on your deliverance programs without faith. This life is deep and is controlled by the spiritual.

You need to investigate your foundation and find out the origin of this pattern in your family. Start from there.
Re: Is There Still Hope For Her? by socialmediaman: 3:26am On Mar 25, 2022
Ishilove:

Madam, don't mind Kobo. Your problem is spiritual and if you are feeling silly over what was revealed to you, then I'm guessing you have been embarking on your deliverance programs without faith. This life is deep and is controlled by the spiritual.

You need to investigate your foundation and find out the origin of this pattern in your family. Start from there.

Why does this apply mostly to countries like Nigeria? Is life supposed to work out the same for everyone, even if they didn't play by the rules that apply to getting what they want?

When I look closer at her narrative, she came from a poor family like many Nigerians whose parents cannot sponsor their higher education. She sacrificed her life to train her younger ones, if not, they probably would’ve had no university education. I think men would've seen the weight she carried on her shoulder and chosen to not be a part of it, probably she wasn't in a hurry to get married either, and stayed too long in relationships that didn't eventually work out. Maybe she started realizing time wasn't on her side after she finished training them and saw how they've moved on. It could be compared to a single mother who spends and dedicates her life training her children and before she knows what's happening, they're getting married and moving on. It's sad to see your children moving on though it's the best outcome for them, and some of these mothers begin to feel left alone and imagine they also would've loved to live their own lives that they put on hold to raise their children.

This is a familiar story that I've seen happen to other people. There may be a pattern of her cousins also not getting married, but she also admits that her siblings are ALL married. What extra magic did they do that she hasn't done? Life probably just happened for them, I think the issue of her cousins is just a coincidence that she has decided to hold on to, to justify a spiritual perspective. People always need some justification.

Rather than go to prayer houses looking for some phantom evil that doesn't exist, this lady should invite all her family members to celebrate a lifetime achievement of breaking the cycle of poverty in her family. She broke a potential generational curse of poverty in her family and she and her family should celebrate. It's a choice she made, and it sometimes comes with a price

As for moving forward with her life, well I think she should be hopeful that perhaps life smiles at her someday. I think life may smile at her if she discards the negative outlook and picks her life back up with a more positive outlook. People will notice her when she radiates positive energy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Still Hope For Her? by azammi(m): 3:26am On Mar 25, 2022
Mountain of Fire Is a great church for deliverance.
Acidosis:

My instinct, when I read that post, was that you spent a lot training your siblings/family. This is why I agree with the idea of self discovery. I think you have invested a significant part of your life making people happy at the expense of your personal fulfilment.

It's very evident from your narration. Not only did you sponsor 4 of your siblings' education, but you also go as far as patronising people who are out to scam you. Maybe it's a personality issue, maybe you don't know how to say no, I wouldn't know but one thing is certain, it is not too late to fix things.

In your path to self discovery, deliverance may be necessary. I don't have a personal experience of how deliverance changed my finance or relationship but I'm convinced beyond doubts that prayers work. You have seen a pattern of late marriage. That's a good pointer. Many of our ancestors committed grave crimes. Some sacrificed human beings, some raped women, etc. Sadly, someone must pay for these crimes. Many victims had no access to a justice system so curses and spells were the only available tools. Some families were cursed and still cursed till date. Some forefathers worshipped idols so much that they dedicated their unborn generations to stup!d vindictive gods. If you have access to aged people in your village, approach them and get real life and terrifying stories.

When people compare us with the west, it usually don't make sense. At the time the US and Britain already had laws in place to checkmate crimes, our forefathers were still killing albinos and twins for "Oro" and new yam festivals. It took the intervention of a few missionaries to address some of these issues.

Bottom line, I'm totally for and not against deliverance to delist yourself from any known and unknown covenant. How to go about it, however, is the challenge. Too many doom and fake pastors out there. This might sound senseless but your chances of getting delivered in a 21st century AC fitted church is slim. Bible school pastors can't help either. Ministry for many pastors today is just a means of survival (an avenue to gain followers, money, and fame).
Re: Is There Still Hope For Her? by CountVersailles(f): 3:27am On Mar 25, 2022
The story just sounds so invented. Nobody goes through life and write like that. Try better actress.
Re: Is There Still Hope For Her? by socialmediaman: 3:29am On Mar 25, 2022
Acidosis:

Remember the West was involved in slavery? Remember they conquered natives and occupied what was once the land belonging to those natives? Why didn't it go down to haunt their generations in the ways it does to Africans?
Re: Is There Still Hope For Her? by FarmPickJuice(m): 5:24am On Mar 25, 2022
CountVersailles:
The story just sounds so invented. Nobody goes through life and write like that. Try better actress.
Can't you see its an old nairaland account registered since 2013? Why will she wait for many years before creating a fake thread. Get sense

2 Likes

Re: Is There Still Hope For Her? by BRATISLAVA: 5:49am On Mar 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Feeling of motherhood? Have sex with her? ... LOL.... undecided

Why she no become baby mama or hooker then? undecided

Seems funny, until you actually hear someone describe their loneliness. What you expect her to do is hang out with people, but those people go home at night to their families and she is the only one among them who has nothing to go back to.

Seen a 65+ year old woman in her situation. What we take for granted and laugh at is something important to others who can't have it. Empathy helps us understand that. If you told me a woman that old would want marriage and children, in the past I would've said it's improbable after that long. Yet there are people who do. So yes, the feeling of motherhood, holding her own child in her hands, feeling it, having it. And sex at her relative convenience without the fear of being murdered by her bed partner. Platonic love only goes so far. Humans have urges etc.

The reason she can't have those things you think she can easily get is because she values being a good Christian. If she could become a baby mama at a point, don't you think she would've? Why do you think she's using Hannah and Sarah as her references? I think we can at least respect her choice to be a Christian of such standards.

4 Likes

Re: Is There Still Hope For Her? by Acidosis(m): 6:51am On Mar 25, 2022
socialmediaman:

Remember the West was involved in slavery? Remember they conquered natives and occupied what was once the land belonging to those natives? Why didn't it go down to haunt their generations in the ways it does to Africans?

"Slavery on invitation" by an insignificant British population, not vindictive idol worship that degenerated to blood money and rituals in 2022.
Re: Is There Still Hope For Her? by bigjackass: 6:59am On Mar 25, 2022
also get ready to resign to your fate so that you don't develop hypertension
Re: Is There Still Hope For Her? by socialmediaman: 7:21am On Mar 25, 2022
Acidosis:

"Slavery on invitation" by an insignificant British population, not vindictive idol worship that degenerated to blood money and rituals in 2022.

Both buyers and sellers were guilty. The point here being that there were lots of unthinkable atrocities that happened at the time. Remember the holocaust? Are we overthinking this in Nigeria?
Re: Is There Still Hope For Her? by Acidosis(m): 7:40am On Mar 25, 2022
socialmediaman:

Both buyers and sellers were guilty. The point here being that there were lots of unthinkable atrocities that happened at the time. Remember the holocaust? Are we overthinking this in Nigeria?

I get your point. We are probably overthinking things. I don't like to tie Nigeria's backwardness to the past. I believe the present leaders are solely responsible and you should be held accountable.

However, this issue right here is somewhat different. It is an individual thing. And mind you, people of the West, Nazi and the rest of the world are not immune to the consequence of idol worship. We don't think that they're going through a lot because we focus on national GDP and other economic indices.

We have seen families in the west where depression, aggression, and loneliness run deep. Terrible things happen in some families. They only don't make the news on CNN or BBC. Some generations have never enjoyed marriage for years. They might mask the pain with new and daily hashtag like #single_rocks, #lonely_but_rocking... Etc. but these things exist.

Idols don't respect hashtags, they gonna do what they've got to do, but it's left to you to respond how you want. The west may turn to sodomy and create new laws everyday to mask these issues, but consequences can never be outlawed. Those who are religious among them also seek spiritual means, by the way.

1 Like

Re: Is There Still Hope For Her? by Klass99(f): 11:15am On Mar 25, 2022
cool

2 Likes

Re: Is There Still Hope For Her? by socialmediaman: 11:50am On Mar 25, 2022
Acidosis:

I get your point. We are probably overthinking things. I don't like to tie Nigeria's backwardness to the past. I believe the present leaders are solely responsible and you should be held accountable.

I understand you perfectly, but you could still liken Nigeria's backwardness it to the past. Our problems started with the corrupt founders, their predecessors learnt from them. That's why for example we have few good hospitals and research centers, and treatable illnesses are being diagnosed and treated with prayers in churches and spiritual centers instead of hospitals

However, this issue right here is somewhat different. It is an individual thing. And mind you, people of the West, Nazi and the rest of the world are not immune to the consequence of idol worship. We don't think that they're going through a lot because we focus on national GDP and other economic indices.

I agree that these issues like not being married also exist in developed countries, but they tend not to blame their ancestors, everyone has a unique situation, and dating websites also help. The point being that not everyone who desires marriage will get married and Nigerians are not an exception.

In her case I think that a woman who should celebrate her lifetime achievements is slowly fading in depression. She did something remarkable, end a potential generational curse in her family by giving her siblings a higher education at the expense of moving on with her life. Imagine what could possibly happen to her family’s next generation if her siblings couldn’t go to school.

Like I said in a post earlier, not many men like to marry women with so much family weight on their shoulders. She would’ve needed a very financially stable man to take care of her and the education of her siblings before she could focus on her own family. It gets worse if she only dated few men for long, meaning she probably wasn’t in a hurry to get married while she carried so much financial responsibilities

We have seen families in the west where depression, aggression, and loneliness run deep. Terrible things happen in some families. They only don't make the news on CNN or BBC. Some generations have never enjoyed marriage for years. They might mask the pain with new and daily hashtag like #single_rocks, #lonely_but_rocking... Etc. but these things exist.

Very true, 100%. In fact you just admitted that this is a global thing, not peculiar to Nigeria or Idol worship of ancestors. Unfortunately not many people in Nigeria like telling their stories, we would’ve realized her case is not isolated.

Idols don't respect hashtags, they gonna do what they've got to do, but it's left to you to respond how you want. The west may turn to sodomy and create new laws everyday to mask these issues, but consequences can never be outlawed. Those who are religious among them also seek spiritual means, by the way.

I see no evil here. ALL her siblings are happily married like she stated, I don’t think they may have done something different. Her cousins are likely a coincidence that she’s holding on for justification. If we start looking into these cases critically, it won’t be long before we start seeing the obvious choices that led to those situations. I’ve seen families where parents discourage younger ones from getting married before their older ones, or the siblings willingly delay themselves due to respect or familiarity, till they lose their suitors

1 Like

Re: Is There Still Hope For Her? by Klass99(f): 1:41pm On Mar 25, 2022
cool
Re: Is There Still Hope For Her? by socialmediaman: 1:50pm On Mar 25, 2022
Klass99:

You bust my head die, I was smiling all through while reading this.

Mwah kiss, I have nothing but respect for attractive and thoughtful minds/mindsets like yours.

Thanks. I appreciate your compliments
Re: Is There Still Hope For Her? by madprophet(m): 3:20pm On Mar 25, 2022
creepsyme:
Hello moderators kindly move this topic to frontpage please and please.

I am a lady of 47 years.
I never knew my life would turn out this way, I never knew I would get to even 30 years without getting married not to talk of 47 years.
Well, for the benefits of doubts, I am super pretty and gorgeous, I am educated at least I have my first degree and one or two professional qualifications.
Nothing I did ever came out productive, I lived all my life struggling to make ends meet and attain the life I ever prayed and desired for, but to no avail.
I worked in the bank for several years and came out with absolutely nothing to show for it, worst of it is, my outlook never agree with my situation, people see me and beg me for money thinking I am okay not knowing I don't even know where my next meal will come from, I get cheated each time I buy stuff because I look rich to them sometimes I weep before the sellers when I discover I am being cheated until they become confused.

I have never in my life been choosy about a life partner Incase anyone may think I was been selective.
No man ever asked for my hand in marriage until I got to 39 years,I had good relationships that never resulted to anything, at the beginning of any relationship the men could literally lick my feet and move mountains for me, but eventually it ends in premium tears for me.
I have had opportunity to mingle with the low and high class, I only succeed in going around the circle of high class without even touching it myself.

I have tried my hands on so many things but it failed just to ensure I don't beg and to put food on my table.
I have prayed all the prayers I know, done all the deliverance I know and yet nothing.
I feel so depressed that that sometimes thoughts of suicide goes through my mind.
I feel sorry for myself and I always wonder if anything good can come out of my life again.
Sometimes I think about trying to have a child or two because my menstrual cycle is still very much on, but the thoughts of bringing a child into the world without any plan on ground make me to think twice, when feeding
myself is even a big challenge.
All my siblings are happily married with children and that I am grateful to God for, I only find myself going for omugo year in year out and now I have become big mummy with no career, no job, no child, no husband.
Sometimes I wish it could be a bad dream I should wake up from.

Iam just there getting beautifully old.
Now I understand why a lot of people commit suicide, especially when the light at the end of the tunnel takes too long and becomes bleak to reach.

I need someone out there to pray for me sincerely from their ❤️ I am loosing it already.
Nothing make sense to me anymore!

Can God still come through for me?
Can God still make me laugh the way he made Hannah and Serah to laugh?
Please someone should give me an answer.

God I'd more than able to turn your story around...

Don't give up

2 Likes

Re: Is There Still Hope For Her? by Kobojunkie: 3:48pm On Mar 25, 2022
BRATISLAVA:
1. Seems funny, until you actually hear someone describe their loneliness. What you expect her to do is hang out with people, but those people go home at night to their families and she is the only one among them who has nothing to go back to.

2. Seen a 65+ year old woman in her situation. What we take for granted and laugh at is something important to others who can't have it. Empathy helps us understand that. If you told me a woman that old would want marriage and children, in the past I would've said it's improbable after that long. Yet there are people who do. So yes, the feeling of motherhood, holding her own child in her hands, feeling it, having it. And sex at her relative convenience without the fear of being murdered by her bed partner. Platonic love only goes so far. Humans have urges etc.

3. The reason she can't have those things you think she can easily get is because she values being a good Christian. If she could become a baby mama at a point, don't you think she would've? Why do you think she's using Hannah and Sarah as her references? I think we can at least respect her choice to be a Christian of such standards.
1. I don't expect or advise her to "hang out" with people. I actually adviced her to instead find others to live with. undecided

See, we humans have this habit of thinking we are all alone in our problems when the truth is instead that there are 100s of thousands, even millions dealing with the exact same thing you are dealing with right now, even loneliness. undecided

2. I have also seen 65+ women who rather than live alone and miserable have taken to have roommates adopting kids or living with other relatives just so they do not continue to stew in loneliness. undecided

3. Christianity does not stop her from adopting kids if she wants kids. Christianity does not stop her from entering into a marriage contract with a man already married or maybe own she pays for sex. Also Christianity has absolutely nothing to do with the choices of Sarah and Hannah. undecided

She has her life, but is missing a mate and child,none of these are mandatory to have as far as Christianity is concerned, so she can too live a fulfilled life even without. undecided
Re: Is There Still Hope For Her? by BRATISLAVA: 10:01pm On Mar 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I don't expect or advise her to "hang out" with people. I actually adviced her to instead find others to live with. undecided

See, we humans have this habit of thinking we are all alone in our problems when the truth is instead that there are 100s of thousands, even millions dealing with the exact same thing you are dealing with right now, even loneliness. undecided

Who will she live with meaningfully, in the way that matters to her realistically?

Living with people who aren't your spouse and children only works when you're in a care home and old, with people in the same situation as you are, and you just need to be cared for.
I have also seen 65+ women who rather than live alone and miserable have taken to have roommates adopting kids or living with other relatives just so they do not continue to stew in loneliness. undecided

And what if she doesn't want that? Because at the end of the day, the roommates will go, the relatives will get tired of her and the adopted children will look for their real parents, and then who will she have?

Christianity does not stop her from adopting kids if she wants kids. Christianity does not stop her from entering into a marriage contract with a man already married or maybe own she pays for sex. Also Christianity has absolutely nothing to do with the choices of Sarah and Hannah. undecided

Christianity excludes such arrangements, except for adoption and IVF perhaps. Unless you have the Kobo Junkie version? grin She said she doesn't have the financial backup to do those things, so what will you suggest?

If Christianity has nothing to do with their choices, why is it in the Bible? What is its purpose?

She has her life, but is missing a mate and child,none of these are mandatory to have as far as Christianity is concerned, so she can too live a fulfilled life even without.

I don't mean to be rude, but I notice that we tend to tell people that they don't need this or that to live a fulfilling life when we have those things ourselves. People with jobs will tell those without that they don't need one for a fulfilled life, those with children will say they don't need that for a fulfilled life, those with money will say they don't need money for a fulfilled life, hey this isn't an achievement. If it isn't, why do we get them? Why do we tell her to pray and seek God? It's not as if our intentions were so pure that we got them.
Do we think she has not done decades of seeking since she realized she was getting on in years and nothing has been working out for her?

It's not wrong for her to want those things. I hope she gets them. Because her desperation is clear to see. undecided
Re: Is There Still Hope For Her? by BRATISLAVA: 10:06pm On Mar 25, 2022
Klass99:

Oh thank you, I did not want to quote your entire post either but you made valid points too. The biblical reference to Job reminds me of the need, to focus on good things I like/want. I'm not catholic, are you? You just provoked another story cheesy.

Some years ago I was at Paul Adefarasin's church for the first African Praise Experience. One of the pastors conducted a beautiful exercise with a powerful message of unity, I will take to my grave.

The exercise was this, in no particular order he asked;

1. All the Anglicans in the house to shout (Anglicans only) after that....
2. Let all the Baptists in the house make a loud noise and baptists alone would shout.
3. Let all the Catholics in the house make some noise.
4. Let the Methodists shout.
5. Let's hear the Pentecostals.
6. Lutherans pls make some noise.
7. Presbyterians, Assemblies of God.......etcetera.

Then finally he said, let all who believe in Christ Jesus make some noise. Omoh, if you see the mighty and thunderous sound, all of us combined made ehn!

The different denominations combined and shouting together as believers in Christ (not as people of different sects) was a wonderful experience for me.

When each denomination shouted alone it wasn't as strong, great or loud, like when we all did it together. That was unity, something the devil hates and is afraid of the most amongst believers. United we are unstoppable and a force to reckon with, he knows this and works hard to divide us.

Ever since that night at House on the Rock, I dropped any and all prejudices regarding other denominations. Now, my concern is, are you a believer in Christ? If you are, can we vibe, collabo and get along for the sake and good of God's kingdom on earth?

2nd Story, a former and senior coworker once asked me are you Catholic? I said no, then he goes......kai I really feel sorry for you, you people are not really serious or solid christians. For one you don't do confessions like we do or take the holy communion. I wasn't even offended or defensive, when I think of him now, I smile. He amuses me like some Catholics I have met. They often act superior, are condescending and act like they are the real deal in Christendom while the rest of us are just jokers grin

In my mind, I am usually like, when will these people understand that we are one in Christ? And it doesn't matter if I am Baptist, Lutheran or Pentecostal? If we both believe in Christ Jesus, then through his shed blood we are one, we are the same. Vision101 was right when he said, deliverance from ignorance is the greatest deliverance of all of time. Even the good book says it, we perish for our lack of knowledge.

You stll haven't told me where you are from. I will be in a certain African country later this year, if that's your home country, it would be nice to hook up.

I love your posts. What are you? A teacher? Lawyer? Beautiful posts on this thread.

I hope the OP listens to you.

My contributions on that: Praying too much is a sign of disbelief and as such should be avoided. If the OP was looking up to Sarah, she should follow her way from the very start.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Still Hope For Her? by BRATISLAVA: 10:07pm On Mar 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The only way to getting anything from God is by submitting to and obeying the teachings and commandments given us by Jesus Christ..... there is no secret to any of this. undecided

Stop deceiving people using God's name.. undecided

What if he's a prophet with all her life solutions in his hands?

A running theme in the old testament is meeting angels. Could this dubious sounding guy not be an angel?
Re: Is There Still Hope For Her? by Klass99(f): 10:17pm On Mar 25, 2022
cool

1 Like

Re: Is There Still Hope For Her? by Kobojunkie: 10:17pm On Mar 25, 2022
BRATISLAVA:
1. What if he's a prophet with all her life solutions in his hands?

2. A running theme in the old testament is meeting angels. Could this dubious sounding guy not be an angel?
1. Who? undecided

2. We are not of the Old Covenant which was God's Law specifically for those who have the blood of Jacob running through their veins. That Covenant was meant for the Jews and only for the Jews for living in the land of Canaan - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 - meaning God does not with us gentiles according to the Law He gave only to the Jews. undecided

We belong in God's New Covenant, Jesus Christ , God's Law for those who are of the Kingdom of God meaning God operates with us according to the teachings of Jesus Christ. God's promise of prophets was to the those of the Old Covenant. Jesus Christ never said anything to us about sending us special prophets or men in His name...The Holy Spirit is the one promised to all those who believe in Him and He is meant as the seal of the New Covenant. undecided
Re: Is There Still Hope For Her? by BRATISLAVA: 10:25pm On Mar 25, 2022
Klass99:

Brat my girl, your compliment is well received and appreciated. wink

I'm a lawyer by training, not by heart. I like that you mentioned teacher, because switching careers to education and training (teaching) has been on my mind lately.

If you don't mind my asking, are you a believer? I ask because I don't know and I'm curious.

Your posts are usually well-ordered, suggesting professionalism. It's good to know that you're actually a lawyer. At least it isn't a vulcanizer telling us these things cheesy

And please, become a teacher. It would benefit so many people. Your advice to the OP is really good.

May your curiosity not take us into dangerous waters grin. I'm a follower of the Light.

1 Like

Re: Is There Still Hope For Her? by Kobojunkie: 10:26pm On Mar 25, 2022
BRATISLAVA:
1. Who will she live with meaningfully, in the way that matters to her realistically?

2. Living with people who aren't your spouse and children only works when you're in a care home and old, with people in the same situation as you are, and you just need to be cared for.

3.And what if she doesn't want that? Because at the end of the day, the roommates will go, the relatives will get tired of her and the adopted children will look for their real parents, and then who will she have?

4. Christianity excludes such arrangements, except for adoption and IVF perhaps. Unless you have the Kobo Junkie version? grin She said she doesn't have the financial backup to do those things, so what will you suggest?

If Christianity has nothing to do with their choices, why is it in the Bible? What is its purpose?
1. Anyone she can reasonably bond with. I remember I used to have roommates of the opposite sex back when I was younger and we bonded as single professionals back then. During the Covid-19 lock down, I did the same with a different group and enjoyed it too before I eventually moved back to my base state. undecided

2. You probably need to begin opening up your horizons abeg.

3. These are simply choices available to her now so she does not live miserable now. If roommates go, she can get herself new ones. If relatives get tired, she can make herself new ones. The point is life doesn't need to be lived according to frigid rules that are of little benefit to one's situation. undecided

4. Jesus Christ, the one who is the Christ in Christianity never excluded such arrangements. He reiterated that marriage is an agreement between a man and a woman - never specifying the details of the agreement to have. He even went as far as to make it known that your marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36 - to show that whatever agreement you enter starts end right here in this world. undecided
Re: Is There Still Hope For Her? by BRATISLAVA: 10:28pm On Mar 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Who? undecided

The guy who wants private discussions.

2. I am not a student of covenants, but whatever you say on it should be true. Do you believe in the Spirit? Are you one with the Spirit? Walking in it?
Re: Is There Still Hope For Her? by BRATISLAVA: 10:32pm On Mar 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Anyone she can reasonably bond with. I remember I used to have roommates of the opposite sex back when I was younger and we bonded as single professionals back then. During the Covid-19 lock down, I did the same with a different group and enjoyed it too before I eventually moved back to my base state. undecided

Great advice for a 47 year old lady.
You probably need to begin opening up your horizons abeg.

The truth is often seen as rigidity.

Open them all you want, and yet some people still want what everyone else has. Even you aren't in the OPs shoes, no matter how open your horizons are.

These are simply choices available to her now so she does not live miserable now. If roommates go, she can get herself new ones. If relatives get tired, she can make herself new ones. The point is life doesn't need to be lived according to frigid rules that are of little benefit to one's situation. undecided

They aren't frigid rules. They are her beliefs.

4. Yeehaw
Re: Is There Still Hope For Her? by Klass99(f): 10:32pm On Mar 25, 2022
cool

1 Like

Re: Is There Still Hope For Her? by BRATISLAVA: 10:37pm On Mar 25, 2022
Klass99:

Chineke cheesy, which light? Yeye dey worry you sha, abeg swerve one side.

Good light can come from a vulcanizer too, you know. You are the third person who has mentioned teaching to me.

In the mouth of two witnesses a thing shall be established. Now, that it is three witnesses I will surely go for it.
Not light, Klass. It's Light. grin I'm sure you know which one I mean.

Vulcanizers have lights, right? Well, I can't argue with the law herself. I'll let you deflate my argument on that matter.

Lol @witnesses. You have experiences to share. That means you will be able to guide those in the Dark. Teach any way you want to do it. But the witnesses have established it.

1 Like

Re: Is There Still Hope For Her? by Kobojunkie: 10:42pm On Mar 25, 2022
BRATISLAVA:
1. The guy who wants private discussions.

2. I am not a student of covenants, but whatever you say on it should be true. Do you believe in the Spirit? Are you one with the Spirit? Walking in it?
1. Unlike with the Old Covenant Law of Moses, God never stated that He would send prophets to those of His New Covenant and Jesus Christ never suggested their would be prophets sent to anyone in His New Covenant and Kingdom. undecided

2. Well, if you are asking me whether I have through continuous submission and obedience of the Teachings(and commandments) of Jesus Christ been made free of bondage to sin and transformed into a Son of God, a holy/perfect vessel worthy of the Spirit of God Himself who is only to dwell in vessels - John 8 vs 31 - 32 & John 14 vs 15 - 25 - that are without sin, then my answer is I don't know... lipsrsealed

If you are however asking me whether I have been born of Spirit aka experience a birth of the Spirit kind - John 3 vs 1 - 8 and Ezekiel 36 vs 25- 26, then my answer to that is yes. undecided

And if your question is whether I know the one who is the Spirit of Truth aka the Spirit of Jesus Christ Himself - John 8 vs 31 - 32 - then the answer is also yes. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Your Wife Slaps Your Mother In Your Presence, What Would You Do ? / PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents / A Perfect Naming Ceremony.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.