Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,211 members, 7,836,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas (36732 Views)

EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions / Poland Refuses To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles / Macron: Putin Wants All Of Ukraine And Worse Is To Come (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by MT: 4:39pm On Mar 23, 2022
somehow:

If you can't answer mine, then your questions are also too academic. Use Google to understand how getting paid in your own currency helps your economy in a global market.

My question was analytical not academic. Yours was broadly academic. Have a good day.
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by AroleOduduwa2: 4:39pm On Mar 23, 2022
The Democrat will ruin this beautiful country. Americans have no clue what that means.
They have gotten a free ride since Bretton Woods.
Just wait till they can't use paper to buy real things.
And the rest of the world will not fund their budget deficits and military adventures.
The US$ falls, so does the empire

14 Likes

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by Winters23: 4:40pm On Mar 23, 2022
[s]
talktimi:
Nigerians exposing their ignorance as usual cool
[/s]

Mr ITK
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by somehow: 4:40pm On Mar 23, 2022
MT:

My question was analytical not academic. Yours was broadly academic. Have a good day.

Typical.
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by WarriAproko: 4:41pm On Mar 23, 2022
If u want Wheat from Russia u pay with Rubble. I think i need change my USDT to rubble now

7 Likes

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by baralatie(m): 4:41pm On Mar 23, 2022
Blackfire:
Walahi putin dey NL

grin
They must all be going through our comments

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by AroleOduduwa2: 4:42pm On Mar 23, 2022
MT:

Russia needs dollars more than roubles. The west has shut them out from accessing dollars, which means they cant do transaction on an international stage. Putin has admitted Russia economy has been hit so hard, it is a matter of time before the people start serious protest.

Imagine if Naira appreciates but you dont have access to dollars. You wont be able to pay for air ticket, school fees abroad, medical care abroad etc. It only makes sense if Nigeria is self sufficient, sadly no country is self sufficient. So, Russia will suffer so much

Yaba analyst, they need dollar to do what exactly? Russia is in a good position to negotiate terms with whoever they choose to do trade with. The West have done thier worse, now its time for Russia to do as they pleases.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by tolue42(m): 4:42pm On Mar 23, 2022
Dpharisee:
Germany has announced that their companies won't be leaving Russia and they have no alternative to Russian gas

Lie!

Germany sign agreement with Qatar on Sunday to get gas from there.

I will give you Aljazera link, so you won't call it Western propaganda as usual.

Russia is dead!

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/20/germany-seals-gas-deal-with-qatar-to-reduce-dependence-on-russia

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by benardtotti(m): 4:43pm On Mar 23, 2022
gambojimeta:

Don't worry. It's a matter of time. Europeans are not Africans who are lazy thinkers grin

I am only upset that Nigeria is not even a player in the global industry to take advantage of this gas wealth.

Whatever happened to our NLNG plants.

This is long term and can't save them short term , if it was a short term solution they would have boycotted Russian gas when they began giving out sanctions, oil and gas industry is not an immediate venture that can be done within 24 hours between 2 countries so for now Germany and Co need to humble themselves and negotiate with Putin .
If Putin was actually wicked all he needs to do is turn of gas supply to Europe for just 24 hours I can assure you Europe will boil over with protests and death.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by WarriAproko: 4:43pm On Mar 23, 2022
tolue42:

Lie!

Germany sign agreement with Qatar on Sunday to get gas from there.

I will give you Aljazera link, so you won't call it Western propaganda as usual.

Russia is dead!

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/20/germany-seals-gas-deal-with-qatar-to-reduce-dependence-on-russia
pls do me a favor go and check about the Russia and Germany gas

7 Likes

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by tolue42(m): 4:44pm On Mar 23, 2022
WarriAproko:
pls do me a favor go and check about the Russia and Germany gas

I already burst your bubbles!

Just accept, learn and move on. Thanks .

2 Likes

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by AroleOduduwa2: 4:44pm On Mar 23, 2022
gambojimeta:
grin

How do they intend to get the gas to Germany through the sea or they will build pipelines within a week, think before posting propaganda news.

6 Likes

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by godofuck231: 4:44pm On Mar 23, 2022
dawnomike:
This makes sense..... The World economy is designed to make the dollar stronger
e don happen
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by Topmaike007(m): 4:45pm On Mar 23, 2022
teemy:

This might just be the beginning of the fall of the PetrolDollar. Saudi was recently talking about something similar. Higher demand for the rouble will increase the price and shave off some of the effects of the sanctions. More anti-west nations might follow suit.

Seems USA might take a big hit. That statement might as well be a declaration of war on the US. the next few days might be interesting.

There is also talk of Nigeria being the exchange house of the Yuan meaning African nations can buy Yuan to pay for their Chinese imports instead of paying in Dollars.
gbamsolutely

1 Like

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by Great0ne1: 4:45pm On Mar 23, 2022
frowland:

Oga, gas supply is not container you carry around. Pipes have to be laid etc etc etc and this take years.
Don't mind the fool. He think say na those 300 naira fuel weh him dey use for i pass my neighbour generator

3 Likes

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by Kingspin(m): 4:46pm On Mar 23, 2022
naijapower:
This strategy will cause the Ruble to appreciate and ensure stability of the russia economy. As Germany, and other EU nations will have to source for Ruble to pay for gas.

Trading in Ruble has always been the desire of Putin and russia.

The reason why the US attack Iraq, Libya, Syrie etc was because they wanted to abandon the use of the dollar for trade.
Are you also aware EU is abandoning Russian gas just as the US and UK did?
No country has the exclusive right to invade another without provocation again.
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by WarriAproko: 4:46pm On Mar 23, 2022
55percent of gas comes from Russia to Germany

2 Likes

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by REALretep(m): 4:46pm On Mar 23, 2022
The West already anticipated that move.
This explains why the US just commenced discussions with 9ja on how to access our gas and stop the gas flaring
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by WarriAproko: 4:47pm On Mar 23, 2022
AroleOduduwa2:

How do they intend to get the gas to Germany through the sea or they will build pipelines within a week, think before posting propaganda news.
another one. Them forget the road them go pass
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by MT: 4:47pm On Mar 23, 2022
WarriAproko:
Russia don't have any business with dollars again. If UK and any European countries wants to buy gas they will pay with rubble. Now sourcing for rubble begins which will make the currency appreciate

You are missing the point. Imagine if roubles appreciate but Russia needs more dollars in their reserve to do many things which they are lacking now. It makes no sense.

International transactions are settled in dollars. Let me tell you if you don't know, when you have million of naira in your account and you pay for your air flight using your bank card. The payment is honoured because the airline knows that Nigeria has enough dollars in her reserve to settle on your behalf through the CBN. If you are a billionaire in Nigeria and there is little or no money (USD) in the country reserves, attempt to pay for flight, education abroad and anything foreign, your payment will be declined because you can't settle your bills in naira, it's CBN that must settle on your behalf in dollars from the reserve.

Russia is hurting badly, lack of access to dollars is a serious game changer

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by lexyclasy: 4:49pm On Mar 23, 2022
BloomingDale:

Better swallow your pride and go and buy rubles if you want to purchase Russian gas.
some of you are as dead as Russian economy, so if the US, UK and EU nations decided to jettison their product completely who will loose, there's a larger market in south America, Canada, Asia/Middle east, authoritarian rulership of Putin is like a castle built on Sandy place., the Russian economist are warning him o, and he call the bluff, that's why the Russian central bank Governor resigns and other top economist yet he is defiant, we will know maybe Russians will drink gas and oil hahahah, ok IRAN who is an allied nation will patronize their oil/gas measurable to the portion the above mentioned nations would have purchased. funny man call Putin.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by MT: 4:49pm On Mar 23, 2022
AroleOduduwa2:

Yaba analyst, they need dollar to do what exactly? Russia is a good position to negotiate terms with whoever they choose to do trade with. The West have done thier worse, not its time for Russia to do as they pleases.

Half education is terrible. You are asking what Russia needs dollars for and by extension disgracing your ancestors in the cyber space.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by Kingnelson9: 4:50pm On Mar 23, 2022
Good measure,this will add more value to the depreciatiing Rubles
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by hamilton62(m): 4:51pm On Mar 23, 2022
mployer:
He is not the sole supplier of gas.
He is the highest and can't be eliminated nor neglected... He isn't part of the OPEC but have influence on OPEC that even Saudi that comes after it presently on output listens to him...
Putin is a force and the West aren't comfortable.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by Walkee: 4:51pm On Mar 23, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Walaii.... This man no just get sence. Prior to his invasion on Ukraine, a lot of people don't even know the unit of Russian currency.

Swallow your pride and allow peaceful negotiable approach to this your madness Because, as it stands you have put your country into retrogression economically undecided
lol ignorance. This is how it should be normally. How can Nigeria be selling our own gas and oil in US currency? What happened to our Naira? If you knew what USA have done in the past to prevent this kind of things you won't even be typing this. This was why Gaddafi was killed

15 Likes

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by Johel(m): 4:51pm On Mar 23, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Walaii.... This man no just get sence. Prior to his invasion on Ukraine, a lot of people don't even know the unit of Russian currency.

Swallow your pride and allow peaceful negotiable approach to this your madness Because, as it stands you have put your country into retrogression economically undecided

If u don't understand something...just shutup.

2 Likes

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by WarriAproko: 4:52pm On Mar 23, 2022
MT:

You are missing the point. Imagine if roubles appreciate but Russia needs more dollars in their reserve to do many things which they are lacking now. It makes no sense.

International transactions are settled in dollars. Let me tell you if you don't know, when you have million of naira in your account and you pay for your air flight using your bank card. The payment is honoured because the airline knows that Nigeria has enough dollars in her reserve to settle on your behalf through the CBN. If you are a billionaire in Nigeria and there is little or no money in the country reserves, attempt yo pay for flight, education abroad and anything foreign, your payment will be declined because you can't settle your bills on naira.

do think Russia is more of Importation. Instead they will trade with china

2 Likes

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by History555: 4:52pm On Mar 23, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Walaii.... This man no just get sence. Prior to his invasion on Ukraine, a lot of people don't even know the unit of Russian currency. X

U just displayed ur ignorance for all to see. Let me educate u free of charge.
1. This will increase the value of the rubles as the buying countries will need to purchase rubles by any means
2. Considering that eu has decided to stop buying Russian gas by 2025. It's best russia gets the best out of them
3. If they refuse, then they should be prepared for higher gas prices

6 Likes

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by 3idiots: 4:53pm On Mar 23, 2022
MT:

Russia needs dollars more than roubles. The west has shut them out from accessing dollars, which means they cant do transaction on an international stage. Putin has admitted Russia economy has been hit so hard, it is a matter of time before the people start serious protest.

Imagine if Naira appreciates but you dont have access to dollars. You wont be able to pay for air ticket, school fees abroad, medical care abroad etc. It only makes sense if Nigeria is self sufficient, sadly no country is self sufficient. So, Russia will suffer so much

The way some of you come here to analyze what you don't know with so much confidence surprises me!

I don't want to go into all the stuff you wrote, I don't have time for that. But your common sense should have told you that if Russia needed Dollars, they would ask to be paid in dollars not rubbles.

Imagine the level of misinformation you're feeding the public, who told you all that stuff you wrote there!

12 Likes

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by Clarkekent: 4:54pm On Mar 23, 2022
This is exactly the plan from the beginning, Putin knows after invading ukraine , he would be hit by many sanctions, so he prepared well enough for it. The plan is to devalue dollar, I'm sure Putin and Xi Jinping are currently working on a currency that would drag with dollar.
naijapower:
The change will affect energy exports to "unfriendly countries"

https://www.rt.com/business/552546-putin-wants-rubles-russian-gas/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by Great0ne1: 4:54pm On Mar 23, 2022
MT:

International transactions are settled in dollars. Let me tell you if you don't know, when you have million of naira in your account and you pay for your air flight using your bank card. The payment is honoured because the airline knows that Nigeria has enough dollars in her reserve to settle on your behalf through the CBN. If you are a billionaire in Nigeria and there is little or no money (USD) in the country reserves, attempt to pay for flight, education abroad and anything foreign, your payment will be declined because you can't settle your bills in naira, it's CBN that must settle on your behalf in dollars from the reserve.

It appreciates because of demand. The same demand for use in purchasing oil gas, will make Europeans accept it. You get it ?

1 Like

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by tolue42(m): 4:55pm On Mar 23, 2022
WarriAproko:
55percent of gas comes from Russia to Germany

Germany already signed with Qatar on Sunday
For LPG.. Russia cannot win this war.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Biden Arrives Israel. / Taliban Mocks Journalist: "You Want Freedom Of Speech, Ask Facebook Company" / US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.