Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,731 members, 7,831,331 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family (53044 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Orders Arrest Of Military Officer Riding Motorcycle Against Traffic / Daughter Of Godward Abayomi Ewa, RCCG Pastor Cries Out For Help / RCCG Pastor, Philip Prince Olatunbosun Arrested For Sexually Assaulting Maid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by bigcasava1(m): 2:47pm On Mar 25, 2022
Fahdiga:
So according to the story here the only evidence the pastor have against the accused is that he hasn't seen his face in the church before. I blame our Police that cannot conduct a robust investigation
pastor with out spirit filled dominate RCCG that's why a lot of things go wrong.
Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by HilcomTech(m): 2:50pm On Mar 25, 2022
godofuck231:
Stop attending pretentious gatherings , thats not a church, no police man , armed or unarmed with a uniform is allowed into a church to arrest or kill, its against international law , infact this is a sacrilegious offense and the "said church " has been desecrate, war or no war , the church is a sanctuary, who ever runs into it is safe . Fucking fart brains.

Can you reference us the source of this your law?

Be deceiving yourself ok. Go and commit a crime and see if you would not be arrested.

There are many pastors presently in jail.
Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by MadamOk(f): 2:56pm On Mar 25, 2022
Wahalur grin grin grin
Testimony go wrong
After church members don dey pray � for their own testimony to come grin angry angry
Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by Winning123: 2:56pm On Mar 25, 2022
Anything from Sahara Reporters is a scam. They are purveyors of FAKE NEWS

OLAADEGBU:

Source
Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by Beedude(m): 3:02pm On Mar 25, 2022
JoyousFurnitire:
Which kain rubbish be dis. Shey police no get brain abi wetin?
U just know today ?
Most Naija police are dunce and fools.
Had a tenancy issues with my ex-landlord few years ago and oga started using police to make me uncomfortable with invitation everytime.
I told the inspector that called me that it isnt in police jurisdiction to settle tenancy issue. I am not owing for house rent whatsoever.
When dey wont listen, i told my lawyer to handle it from there.
My lawyer called the inspector and added me to the call without the inspector knowing.
He was just begging the lawyer on phone cos that one was ready to publish his name cos i recorded all the conversation i had with him on phone.
Lass lass the matter died. That was when i now decided to charge the landlord myself.

I hate police with passion. They gave that profession bad stigma that wont wash away in 200yrs time

3 Likes

Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by mmsen: 3:06pm On Mar 25, 2022
Rastaramsey:
Imagine angry angry
Pastor acting on suspicion angry angry angry
Shebi he suppose get spirit wey go tell am kiss kiss

Why would they act on suspicion? Their entire belief is based upon conjecture and rumor.
Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by Beedude(m): 3:06pm On Mar 25, 2022
CrownOfClay724:
Not surprised.
If you've been to Police stations and seen what is happening there, you will know Nigerian police would kill you for a fee if the price is right.

That it will take a letter from the church to release him as against constitutional provisions on the detention of a suspect should tell you what's up.
Na this kind matter i dey like. Na why most of my homies na lawyers. I wont spend a dime and that pastor go hear am. Best thing na to just kill me for that cell.
Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by mmsen: 3:07pm On Mar 25, 2022
godofuck231:
Stop attending pretentious gatherings , thats not a church, no police man , armed or unarmed with a uniform is allowed into a church to arrest or kill, its against international law , infact this is a sacrilegious offense and the "said church " has been desecrate, war or no war , the church is a sanctuary, who ever runs into it is safe . Fucking fart brains.

Police can arrest in church. It's just a building full of gullible people and thieves.
Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by Hogim(m): 3:10pm On Mar 25, 2022
Maybe the guy Bleep pastor piking and him want punished am shocked grin
Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by richardwarner(m): 3:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
we used to call him tubaba he used to b my senior in uni waybck...i might believe the pastor cos nigga has some sort of questionable character�..him support don calm down by now nau...cos him no b boy again but man.

1 Like

Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by doshiyad1: 3:29pm On Mar 25, 2022
Rastaramsey:
Imagine angry angry

Lolz! probably it is the spirit that told him that's why he took the action. Don't you think so?? tongue tongue undecided undecided
Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by Seebrain: 3:30pm On Mar 25, 2022
Well, a thorough investigation should be carry out to certain the real criminals. Seriously speaking, the church has been become a soft target for robbers. The same scenario happened to my church, a newly purchased instruments worth 1.2millions were stolen. We haven't complete paying the money when they incident happened.
Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by andyanders: 3:40pm On Mar 25, 2022
Why not get a lawyer and go to the police? Or, have the pastor too arrested.. Sue the pastor later. Or, get a human right lawyer involed..

1 Like

Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by luscioustrish(f): 3:49pm On Mar 25, 2022
Opportunity for them to make money! Sue the church immediately for defamation of character! Them go see werey and pay by force!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by godofuck231: 3:49pm On Mar 25, 2022
mmsen:

Police can arrest in church. It's just a building full of gullible people and thieves.
try am for catholic church lol,bro e no go easy
Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 25, 2022
Fahdiga:
So according to the story here the only evidence the pastor have against the accused is that he hasn't seen his face in the church before. I blame our Police that cannot conduct a robust investigation
Na wa o, I thought the church is a place of worship open to anyone to worship his or her God
Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by godofuck231: 3:51pm On Mar 25, 2022
HilcomTech:

Be deceiving yourself ok. Go and commit a crime and see if you would not be arrested.

lol na uncompleted building be that na
Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by Femiwilli: 3:57pm On Mar 25, 2022
Nija people no wan hear say God no dey RCCG, na freemason money making machine

1 Like

Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by Fahdiga(m): 4:01pm On Mar 25, 2022
ademola721gmai:

Na wa o, I thought the church is a place of worship open to anyone to worship his or her God
Just imagine
Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by musicwriter(m): 4:08pm On Mar 25, 2022
Rastaramsey:
Imagine angry angry

Of course, it's the dumb holy spirit that told him!! He's carrying out order based on the holy spirit that has made him a fool. Maybe order even came from the GO. How such heartless people talk about god baffles me
Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by francisbarrack(m): 4:17pm On Mar 25, 2022
LordIsaac:
After everything, they should sue the Pastor and claim 1 billion naira damages.

They should sue d silly pastor n cash out easily
Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by ajerimitan: 4:29pm On Mar 25, 2022
If police men in ikoyi who are supposed to be some of the best and most enlightened in the Nigerian police can behave like and conduct themselves in such a senseless manner how much more those in ajegunle or safejo. When IPOB spray them like rats and they start dropping stone dead like flies everybody will start shouting wolf. What injustice. What the hell of dead properties and blood money are they protecting that is worth the life of a saved soul assuming he is even a real or the real thief. Bunch of business centres. Even their best is not even doing well enough representing the country at the highest capacity.
Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by godofuck231: 4:43pm On Mar 25, 2022
HilcomTech:

The Anglican Province of Owerri, Imo State, says it will engage the police to find out why it desecrated the church while enforcing the arrest of Uche Nwosu at St Peter’s Anglican Church, Eziama Obieri in the Nkwerre Local Government Area of the state on Sunday during a thanksgiving service.

The church said that while it supports the arrest of individuals who committed crimes no matter how highly placed they are, the invasion of a church of worship by security operatives while service was ongoing was unacceptable.

Nwosu, who is the son-in-law of former Governor Rochas Okorocha, was arrested by policemen at the church for reasons unknown but later released.

The Archbishop of the province, Most Rev Dr David Onuoha, in a statement on Monday, said that the shooting of bullets and dispersing of worshippers had never been witnessed in the over 160 years of the existence of the church in the state.

The statement read in part, “As much as we are not concerned or interested in the reason for this invasion, which is unprecedented in the more than 160 years history of the church in this state, we are gravely worried and disturbed that worshippers were greatly frightened, worried, confused and completely disorganised by the presence of heavily armed security operatives in the church service thereby disrupting the worship of God’s people.

“That the police jumped inside the church in a gestapo style when the service was in full session is reprehensible, primitive, and highly condemnable. We are at a great loss why the police decided to throw caution to the winds and completely ignore internationally acclaimed rules of engagement and civility in this matter.”

The church said the sporadic gunshots outside the building sent worshippers scampering in different directions, signaling an abrupt and chaotic end of the service.

But the Imo state government on Monday apologised to the public on how Uche Nwosu was arrested during a church service.

In a statement by the Imo State Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Declan Emelumba, the government said it holds in high esteem the Anglican Church and the church of God in general.

The statement disclosed that the security threats posed by the development necessitated the manner Nwosu was arrested.

The statement read “The Imo State Government is aware of the futile efforts by some people to whip up public sentiments against it over the arrest in an Anglican Church of Mr Uche Nwosu.

“In this regard the arrest of Mr Nwosu within the church premises could have been avoided and therefore stands condemned. While the government regrets the manner the arrest was made, we wish to emphasise that since it was purely a security matter, the full reason such an action was taken will eventually unfold and perhaps guide the public better.

Meanwhile, Nwosu’s media aide, Chikezie Nwadike, stated that his principal didn’t spend the night in police custody.

He also debunked the speculation that Nwosu was arrested in a church because he had refused to honour several police invitations extended to him.

The aide challenged the police to produce proof that he was invited by the police before the invasion of the church.

The statement read in part, “This is to inform the general public, friends and well-wishers, supporters and Sympathisers that Ugwumba Uche Nwosu, who was abducted by security agencies while observing Church service at St Peter’s Anglican Church Umunwokwe Village Eziama-Obaire Nkwerre LGA has regained his freedom and released unconditionally. He never spent a Night in their custody as every effort was put in place to get him out.

“Recall the ugly incident that took place on December 26, 2021 at St Peter’s Anglican Church as security operatives swooped on him inside the church during the outing service of his mother’s burial and whisked him away amidst sporadic shootings and harassment of the congregation.

“I have spoken with him and he extended his greetings to all of us out there.”

He said the invasion of the church implied that the government of Governor Hope Uzodinma lacked respect for God.

This is an extract from a nigerian daily " THE PUNCH"
Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by Pastoshizzy(m): 4:45pm On Mar 25, 2022
The spiritual pedigree of Pastors we have in the RCCG nowadays is appalling. I've met quite some that use that post to oppress the less fortunate. You can feel their mien (egoistic lots) that has nothing asides the position- Pastor. It's bad the way this people portray Jesus. Zero humility.
Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by MrBroke(m): 4:50pm On Mar 25, 2022
Church is outdated, I see no reason y people go to church, although if you ask them, they will start preaching what they don't know. Ignorant Religious People, all of dem including their Pastor.
grin
Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by Ifakiland(m): 5:18pm On Mar 25, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Source
I must go church, I must go church....lol shebi if he had sat his behind at home and avoided those religious businessmen....him for no dey police cell....but no, dem will say gathering of men naim go carry person enter heaven....ode in plural
Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by medicoiyke(m): 5:18pm On Mar 25, 2022
Post it on twitter and tag human right lawyers, sans, nigeria police and CAN
Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by HilcomTech(m): 5:24pm On Mar 25, 2022
godofuck231:

The Anglican Province of Owerri, Imo State, says it will engage the police to find out why it desecrated the church while enforcing the arrest of Uche Nwosu at St Peter’s Anglican Church, Eziama Obieri in the Nkwerre Local Government Area of the state on Sunday during a thanksgiving service.

The church said that while it supports the arrest of individuals who committed crimes no matter how highly placed they are, the invasion of a church of worship by security operatives while service was ongoing was unacceptable.

Nwosu, who is the son-in-law of former Governor Rochas Okorocha, was arrested by policemen at the church for reasons unknown but later released.

The Archbishop of the province, Most Rev Dr David Onuoha, in a statement on Monday, said that the shooting of bullets and dispersing of worshippers had never been witnessed in the over 160 years of the existence of the church in the state.

The statement read in part, “As much as we are not concerned or interested in the reason for this invasion, which is unprecedented in the more than 160 years history of the church in this state, we are gravely worried and disturbed that worshippers were greatly frightened, worried, confused and completely disorganised by the presence of heavily armed security operatives in the church service thereby disrupting the worship of God’s people.

“That the police jumped inside the church in a gestapo style when the service was in full session is reprehensible, primitive, and highly condemnable. We are at a great loss why the police decided to throw caution to the winds and completely ignore internationally acclaimed rules of engagement and civility in this matter.”

The church said the sporadic gunshots outside the building sent worshippers scampering in different directions, signaling an abrupt and chaotic end of the service.

But the Imo state government on Monday apologised to the public on how Uche Nwosu was arrested during a church service.

In a statement by the Imo State Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Declan Emelumba, the government said it holds in high esteem the Anglican Church and the church of God in general.

The statement disclosed that the security threats posed by the development necessitated the manner Nwosu was arrested.

The statement read “The Imo State Government is aware of the futile efforts by some people to whip up public sentiments against it over the arrest in an Anglican Church of Mr Uche Nwosu.

“In this regard the arrest of Mr Nwosu within the church premises could have been avoided and therefore stands condemned. While the government regrets the manner the arrest was made, we wish to emphasise that since it was purely a security matter, the full reason such an action was taken will eventually unfold and perhaps guide the public better.

Meanwhile, Nwosu’s media aide, Chikezie Nwadike, stated that his principal didn’t spend the night in police custody.

He also debunked the speculation that Nwosu was arrested in a church because he had refused to honour several police invitations extended to him.

The aide challenged the police to produce proof that he was invited by the police before the invasion of the church.

The statement read in part, “This is to inform the general public, friends and well-wishers, supporters and Sympathisers that Ugwumba Uche Nwosu, who was abducted by security agencies while observing Church service at St Peter’s Anglican Church Umunwokwe Village Eziama-Obaire Nkwerre LGA has regained his freedom and released unconditionally. He never spent a Night in their custody as every effort was put in place to get him out.

“Recall the ugly incident that took place on December 26, 2021 at St Peter’s Anglican Church as security operatives swooped on him inside the church during the outing service of his mother’s burial and whisked him away amidst sporadic shootings and harassment of the congregation.

“I have spoken with him and he extended his greetings to all of us out there.”

He said the invasion of the church implied that the government of Governor Hope Uzodinma lacked respect for God.

This is an extract from a nigerian daily " THE PUNCH"

Na so people dey take fail exams and later blame the lecturer.
I asked you for a law and you are giving me newspaper extract describing an incident.

Reference the law or keep quiet.
Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by nikz(f): 5:24pm On Mar 25, 2022
I read today about a rape case in UK the police had to investigate before coming to arrest the young man but in nigeria police arrest first and don't even investigate the matter atall which kind country be this bikonu
Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by godofuck231: 6:05pm On Mar 25, 2022
HilcomTech:

Na so people dey take fail exams and later blame the lecturer.
I asked you for a law and you are giving me newspaper extract describing an incident.

Reference the law or keep quiet.
it is a cannon law you bone head

According to Geoffrey Robertson QC, whose book The Case of the Pope is published tomorrow: "Canon law has been allowed to trump criminal law in countries throughout the world. This is a very serious matter‚ the pope through his pretensions to statehood refuses to acknowledge that child sex abuse is a serious crime as well as a sin, this in itself is in conflict with most constitutions
Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by babajero(m): 6:16pm On Mar 25, 2022
This write-up is not coherent, it sounds like a hatchet job, not to smear the pastor but RCCG, as far as election is coming and they have already started a smear campaign against RCCG in order to undermine Osibanjo, just expect more.
Re: Lagos RCCG Pastor Orders Arrest Of Man Who Shared Testimony In Church - Family by HilcomTech(m): 6:23pm On Mar 25, 2022
godofuck231:
it is a cannon law you bone head

According to Geoffrey Robertson QC, whose book The Case of the Pope is published tomorrow: "Canon law has been allowed to trump criminal law in countries throughout the world. This is a very serious matter‚ the pope through his pretensions to statehood refuses to acknowledge that child sex abuse is a serious crime as well as a sin, this in itself is in conflict with most constitutions

Not only are you very very ddafft, you are also dvmbb and stoopeed.

I will henforth not reply you again..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Robbers Attack A Bank In Ikoyi, Lagos. 2 Feared Killed / Dr. Alwell Orji Attempted Suicide Four Years Ago / Lady Caged For 3 Years By Her Husband In Delta Over Witchcraft Accusation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.