Stats: 3,152,045 members, 7,814,588 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney - Crime (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney (60181 Views)

US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics / Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent / How Yahoo Boy Swindled UK Lover Of £150,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by jimmynauty: 1:41pm On Mar 26, 2022
Hanks0000:
I saw a post about how I can earn ₦50,000 VIP grant weekely on fairmoney app and I decided to apply because I'm going through financial difficulties.

I clicked on the link on the post and I was redirected to

https://molinahealthcare.life

It looks identical to Linda ikeji's blog which made me believe it could be real, after following all the steps that was listed on the article, I was also redirected to this website.

https://fairmoney.ng-pay.vip/Grant.html

I was directed to log in my fairmoney account and to enter the OTP code that was sent to me through SMS by fairmoney, I entered the code on the site.

The next message I received was that ₦150,000 was transferred to Esther Blessing Odion (access bank) from my fairmoney account, a transaction I did not initiate.
I called Fairmoney to make a complaint about this transaction which I didn't perform and the transaction indeed happened.

That was when I realised I'd been scammed and I don't know what to do . I might commit suicide because I don't have any mean of repaying. I am a student and I was considering taking a top-up so that I can pay my lodge rent which is already due.

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb

Why are youths quick to contemplate suicide?
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Emeskhalifa(m): 2:53pm On Mar 26, 2022
Hanks0000:

I have thought so much.
My mind hasn't been at rest since it happened..
I depend on the money I get from my parent as I am student and I'm not working.

Sorry about what happened ooo

But I don't understand you are a student and depends on your parents.

Is it that you can't work or you have a mighty ego that won't let you work so that your neighbours won't see you and laugh at you?

Ogar pay them their money.
You don't work, depend on your parents but saw advert of earn free 50k without doing any work and fell for it?

Better start reselling data like I do to pay them bavk their money.

Ask your parents for money to start even if it's POS business (100k u can start)

Do okada or any other thing. Drop your ego if you have one, no one cares about you enough to laugh at you when you start hustling. You are not special think of that.

Committing suicide will only inflict pain on your parents and family members, the world is over populated so no one will really care aside your family. Better use your head

Sorry If I sound too harsh oo, it is just the reality.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Prettygirl200(f): 4:20pm On Mar 26, 2022
Ooooohhhh my so sorry about that. Na wa ooo scammers are upgrading everyday ooo
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by thinksmart1(f): 8:39pm On Mar 28, 2022
Contact the bank the scammer is using .
Tender the account name the money was transferred to & also a screenshot of the alert you received from Fair money app .
If you have any other evidence , tender it as well .
The bank will follow up .
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Babatojide: 11:38pm On Mar 28, 2022
coolwithout work

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Revolva(m): 7:58pm On Apr 09, 2022
Hanks0000:

I was told to log in on the site, Fairmoney sent me an OTP and I entered it to complete my login.. I never deliberately have it to the scammer.

So sad these guys tricked you and got your fairmoney login a d use it to borrow money
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Quantized92(m): 7:04pm On Apr 23, 2022
I mean u should send me a DM through my contact on my profile
Hanks0000:

How can I contact siggy regarding how to become a freelancer please?
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Jephtar89: 8:17pm On Jan 19
Vello:

I have no doubt it's an insider job.
Worst they'd do is forward the OP's name to the EFCC and from there, kasala go burst. But I'm sure Fairmoney would never take such action because it would only expose their complicity.
Nigerians are the most religious set of wicked demons

I agree 100%. I had a similar experience.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

6 Yahoo Boys Arrested by EFCC With 10 laptops, 17 Phones & a Car in Abuja (Pics / Fulani Herdsmen Take Their Dead Cows To Emir's Palace In Lafia After Attack / TC Okere Stabs His Wife To Death