Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney (60258 Views)

US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics / Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent / How Yahoo Boy Swindled UK Lover Of £150,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Acidosis(m): 4:23pm On Mar 25, 2022
"N50,000 weekly without work" can only mean two things: (1) A scam link/phishing, (2) A dishonest marketing gimmick.

Either ways, both are fraudulent. Don't ever deal with people who use dishonest gimmicks to lure customers, it mostly always end in tears.

This is a clear case of ignorance. Nothing any bank or Fairmoney can do to recover your money. You clearly gave your pin, including your OTP to a yahooboy. Who does that, man?!

8 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by omoregiepato: 4:23pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I have realised my mistakes too but it's too late.
I thought I could use the money to start up a dropshipping business. And it started that they are giving the grant to help new business startup. It's why I bought it.

I should've known better.

Oga, Fairmoney doesn't give grant...only loan

Better don't fall for it the second time.

4 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Ifakiland(m): 4:23pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:
I saw a post about how I can earn ₦50,000 VIP grant weekely on fairmoney app and I decided to apply because I'm going through financial difficulties.

I clicked on the link on the post and I was redirected to

https://molinahealthcare.life

It looks identical to Linda ikeji's blog which made me believe it could be real, after following all the steps that was listed on the article, I was also redirected to this website.

https://fairmoney.ng-pay.vip/Grant.html

I was directed to log in my fairmoney account and to enter the OTP code that was sent to me through SMS by fairmoney, I entered the code on the site.

The next message I received was that ₦150,000 was transferred to Esther Blessing Odion (access bank) from my fairmoney account, a transaction I did not initiate.
I called Fairmoney to make a complaint about this transaction which I didn't perform and the transaction indeed happened.

That was when I realised I'd been scammed and I don't know what to do . I might commit suicide because I don't have any mean of repaying. I am a student and I was considering taking a top-up so that I can pay my lodge rent which is already due.

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb
Look for that blessing onion, make her pay back the money or let's read about her on blog. Thank you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 25, 2022
WATCHOVER:

It might have been cloned

Yes..
The website looks so similar to their official site.
I was even redirected to Fairmoney official site from the scam site.
That was what made me think it's true.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Mazing: 4:24pm On Mar 25, 2022
Ishilove:
We Nigerians are a terrible bunch
Don't generalize. You are a terrible person

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Kooldame: 4:24pm On Mar 25, 2022
According to the app,you have also applied for a loan from fair money and you're currently owing them 300,000 plus so how did they defraud you when they received only 150k from d total money you're owing them.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by KingAlayinde(m): 4:24pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:
I saw a post about how I can earn ₦50,000 VIP grant weekely on fairmoney app and I decided to apply because I'm going through financial difficulties.

I clicked on the link on the post and I was redirected to

https://molinahealthcare.life

It looks identical to Linda ikeji's blog which made me believe it could be real, after following all the steps that was listed on the article, I was also redirected to this website.

https://fairmoney.ng-pay.vip/Grant.html

I was directed to log in my fairmoney account and to enter the OTP code that was sent to me through SMS by fairmoney, I entered the code on the site.

The next message I received was that ₦150,000 was transferred to Esther Blessing Odion (access bank) from my fairmoney account, a transaction I did not initiate.
I called Fairmoney to make a complaint about this transaction which I didn't perform and the transaction indeed happened.

That was when I realised I'd been scammed and I don't know what to do . I might commit suicide because I don't have any mean of repaying. I am a student and I was considering taking a top-up so that I can pay my lodge rent which is already due.

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb

Stupidity has no cure, sorry for ya loss bro..... I only play online games with my zero account
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by shogsman(m): 4:24pm On Mar 25, 2022
First off it's called phishing, that site is a mirror site, not the real thing, it's a pretty basic scam.
Y'all are the same people who wholeheartedly support yahoo in this country,I don't feel bad for you,move on.
I hope Yahoo boys focus more on local fraud in naija and deal with all of you instead of constituting nuisance abroad.maybe then you will stop encouraging crime

8 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 25, 2022
Ifakiland:

Look for that blessing onion, make her pay back the money or let's read about her on blog. Thank you.

I found this account on Facebook but I don't know if it's tied to the bank account holder.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by ElValiente(m): 4:25pm On Mar 25, 2022
Greedy. You go follow advertisement. Sorry oo sorry oo sorry ooo. May God never allow them make them kill you.

3 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by ruggedtimi(m): 4:25pm On Mar 25, 2022
That site is a phishing site.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by harmony75: 4:25pm On Mar 25, 2022
Trouble dey sleep nyanga go wake am sorry o

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by DrLBD(f): 4:25pm On Mar 25, 2022
You were not smart.
The caption already suggests you would likely fall into trouble but didn't get the jerk.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by BadNews: 4:25pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I have thought so much.
My mind hasn't been at rest since it happened..
I depend on the money I get from my parent as I am student and I'm not working.

Start Blogging Business Bro and Thank Later, From There, you will sort out this issues.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 4:26pm On Mar 25, 2022
Mariangeles:

You have to work to raise back that money, instead of looking for an easy way out.
You have to learn the value of money you earned through working, so that you don’t repeat that mistake again.

Yes. I will work any job I am able to get.
I can teach french in multiple schools but schools are going on holidays.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by cl0r0x: 4:26pm On Mar 25, 2022
First of all the first link the molina.life is a fake phishing domain. You should have noticed that not many legitimate organisations use the .life extension even hospitals.

The Molina was used by scammers to initiate a transfer and you completed it.fairmoney is not responsible. Is like clicking on a direct payment link then logging into your bank account to complete the payment.

5 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by ruggedtimi(m): 4:26pm On Mar 25, 2022
DryMouth:
Fairmoney didn't scam you.

You are a victim of plishing. That website am seeing there is not fairmoney's website, its a decoy website.

Always check websites well before clicking on it.
I would make a thread on plishing when i have time.
ya he probably dropped his login details on the phishing site

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Rico96(m): 4:26pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I have a loan I haven't paid before.
I was to pay 13,400 monthly for the next 5 months. I could handle that..

The scammer took a 150,000 loan + the commission and my own outstanding loan. That's why the loan balance is over ₦150.
seriously this people are getting smarter everyday...I wonder where we will stand as a count in the next 20years cos I keep asking myself is it this set of people that will produce leadership in the future? Hell no we are in deep problem in this country...just keep focus and follow up with the bank

3 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by iLoveYouToo(m): 4:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
FairMoney site has been hacked big time. Damn!

The .ng-pay.vip domain shows it’s a cloned site. Too bad you fell for it. I kinda check every link before I enter any information in. The person who’s got your money is the name on that alert.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by BadNews: 4:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
Ifakiland:

Is Here Already
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
BadNews:

Start Blogging Business Bro and Thank Later, From There, you will sort out this issues.

I created a wordpress site and I was Looking for money to buy the domain and also start my dropshipping dream.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Emmaculate77(m): 4:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
WatchYourSix:

you quickly jumped at the advert...since it said you will earn 50k without work...as in without work..?? Why we this our generation be like this ...how did you even click that kinda link?? Is there any thing like earning without work.??.

I feel for you shaaa...
I for say make we try contribute 2k for you...but I don tay for street to know say you fit dey package scam us too...

I was thinking the same thing too! Las las, na we for be the mumu grin
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Decryptor(m): 4:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
Oga...Fairmoney didn't scam you.

You just fell victim to some hardened criminals.

The link you opened wasn't fairmoney's site but "ng-pay (dot) vip"

They created a subdomain and named it Fairmoney, then created a direct link to fair money login which you typed in your details and possibly, your password was saved in a text file automatically on the hosting server hosting the scam site which the scammer then used to access your Fairmoney account and wiped your funds

5 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by We4all: 4:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I didn't have ₦150,000. It's a loan the person took using my account.
Now I'm the own to repay it. Something I didn't request for and something I didn't spend..

I'm so down

I see. So, one can take a loan on another’s behalf on Fairmoney?

I thought any loan applied for is supposed to hit the borrower’s account.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Lavisha(f): 4:28pm On Mar 25, 2022
Zonefree:
HOW TO EARK 50K WEEKLY WITHOUT WORK

How come you didn't pick race after seeing this? Or you wanted to earn without doing any work

If it looks to good to be real, it's probably fake-
Donald Trump
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 25, 2022
We4all:

I see. So, one can take a loan on another’s behalf on Fairmoney?

I thought any loan applied is supposed to hit the borrower’s account.

I was made to login my Fairmoney account on the website witch my OTP code. I suspect that's where they got my login details and my OTP.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by BadNews: 4:29pm On Mar 25, 2022
Acidosis:
"N50,000 weekly without work" can only mean two things: (1) A scam link/fishing, (2) A dishonest marketing gimmick.

Either ways, both are fraudulent. Don't ever deal with people who use dishonest gimmicks to lure customers, it mostly always end in tears.

This is a clear case of ignorance. Nothing any bank or Fairmoney can do to recover your money. You clearly gave your pin, including your OTP to a yahooboy. Who does that, man?!

Nothing No Go See For This Blogging Business
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by DenreleDave(m): 4:29pm On Mar 25, 2022
aunty shile long time
RiyadhGoddess:
Op Pele!

Ladies seeking a place to rent for a short period (a week, a month, 2 month), I have an apartment for short let at Abraham Adesanya Estate Ajah for shikini money (13k per week) pere smiley. Pay and move in nikan loku grin.
See my profile for more info
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by WATCHOVER(m): 4:29pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

Yes..
The website looks so similar to their official site.
I was even redirected to Fairmoney official site from the scam site.
That was what made me think it's true.
Don't kill yourself, it is part of the journey of life, at least next time you will be very careful, most especially when you see Redirected site.
Don't you have elder ones who you can talk this issue with, I mean mature Minded

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by We4all: 4:29pm On Mar 25, 2022
Decryptor:
Oga...Fairmoney didn't scam you.

You just fell victim to some hardened criminals.

The link you opened wasn't fairmoney's site but "ng-pay (dot) vip"

They created a subdomain and named it Fairmoney, then created a direct link to fair money login which you typed in your details and possibly, your password was saved in a text file automatically on the hosting server hosting the scam site which the scammer then used to access your Fairmoney account and wiped your funds

This makes sense. His logins was used to apply for a loan. What I don’t get it why the funds didn’t hit his account first.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by DryMouth: 4:30pm On Mar 25, 2022
ruggedtimi:
ya he probably dropped his login details on the phishing site
Yup.
You are right!
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by abdsamad(m): 4:30pm On Mar 25, 2022
Being financially desperate makes our brains function abnormally.

All the people that are talking about how people are still falling for these stuff fail to remember that they didn't learn to not fall for these stuff from heaven.

You learn from experience. It's okay to empathise with this person even if you don't mean to help them.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nigerian Cultist, 'Bruno' Killed By Rival Cult Member In Benin Republic (Photos) / 7 Fulani Men Burnt In Gboko, Benue State (Graphic Photos) / Nigerian Man Jailed In The UK After Lady Tapes Him Sexually Assaulting Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.