Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney - Crime (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney (60261 Views)

US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics / Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent / How Yahoo Boy Swindled UK Lover Of £150,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Revolva(m): 2:25am On Mar 26, 2022
Hanks0000:

I was told to log in on the site, Fairmoney sent me an OTP and I entered it to complete my login.. I never deliberately have it to the scammer.

So sad it's too advance to even notice and they used ur ac. To borrow fund to your detriment

Omo anytin u de do online for naija if u see send otp no send o
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Videour(m): 3:14am On Mar 26, 2022
Na woman dey run this scam self
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Sureboyy(m): 3:32am On Mar 26, 2022
saphiere:
There's nothing smart about this. The Op was just too greedy.
I didn't dispute that fact but just that Scam grows daily.. when you experience this first hand you would understand... ( Not praying for you to though)
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Desusi: 4:36am On Mar 26, 2022
Lazy youth!. This is how it always start. How can you reap where you didn't sow?You did not have home training and the will to work hard and get money.Awuf dey tear pocket ooo.See your life! Eni to jin so koto nko........?
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by jimcaddy(m): 4:39am On Mar 26, 2022
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Baba they have run you street. Your so called Lazy yoots that don't want to work. They have brains to work, but rather they will be sitting down and cracking their brains on how to perfect the next scam. You no see say the website na Molina Ikeji they write? Baba you go gok am o.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Enyimbamercedes: 5:39am On Mar 26, 2022
Classic phishing Scam and you fell for it!

They cloned the Linda Ikeji site to make you fall for the ad.

They guided you into having a verified fairmoney account

They cloned the fairmoney site, gave a fake URL and you entered all your details including the OTP in the site

Sorry

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by biafranrealson: 6:22am On Mar 26, 2022
Hanks0000:

Because of the ASUU strike I have been more active on the internet looking for jobs.

I have tried Upwork and Fiverr but for some reasons I'm not qualified for some of the jobs. In fact I haven't made money on those free lancing apps.

This is not a scam. I have all the evidences. The conversation between me and the person and every other things to prove my post is not a scam.

You still don't believe you have not been scammed ?
Why contemplating suicide then ?
Go and park for one corner lazy and greedy Nigerian youth.
It was you that Buhari had in mind then
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by jerosman2: 6:45am On Mar 26, 2022
Kooldame:
According to the app,you have also applied for a loan from fair money and you're currently owing them 300,000 plus so how did they defraud you when they received only 150k from d total money you're owing them.

This guy na scammer. He wants to scam us by telling lies. You are owing 300,000 and they collected 150,000 and u said they scam u. Thief
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Wettoid123: 7:08am On Mar 26, 2022
mugu everywhere all this scammers will continue to have clients cos they come in different ways, well that is not the end of life u better brace up!
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by IamDavid(m): 7:42am On Mar 26, 2022
Hanks0000:

Such has never happened to me and I can't wrap my head around it.
I'm just very depressed.
People have said everything but let me add this. It will be hard to recover the money, however, it is possible. You need confidence and maybe small money. Walk into the beneficiarys bank (blessing) and explain everything to the customer care with as many proof as possible. They can help you block the account. However, the can not block it for more than 48 hours except there's a court order. I heard you can get the order (bankers order) in Ibadan for 70k.

Again, if he has withdrawn the money, it will simply be more difficult to recover as you'd have to wait for him to credit his account before the reversal can be made. If you don't take it lightly, the bank will contact him and warn him that they will blacklist him if he doesn't credit his account to make the refund possible.

Another headache which is likely is that "Blessing" is not the actual scammer, the scammer just used her account number (most likely, deceptively) to receive the fraudulent funds. Blessing will use all her strength to prove her innocence too.

Now you see how hard it is. The bank too may not be too gingered cos trust me, they're handling bigger fraud cases.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Ijaya123: 7:50am On Mar 26, 2022
Jmichael1:

i cursed d day i knw abt loan app,dis guys has dealt with me without repair....

I feel your distraught. Hope lessons have been learnt
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by bedfordng(m): 7:51am On Mar 26, 2022
The title should be changed to how I got scammed by fishing website. People would think you got scammed by fairmoney not knowing you got tricked by fishing site to get your your login details .

This is not fairmoney scamming you. Next time look the link very well before clicking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Jmichael1(m): 7:53am On Mar 26, 2022
Ijaya123:

I feel your distraught. Hope lessons have been learnt

very well....

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Ifeanyimike123: 8:09am On Mar 26, 2022
A scammer with computer skills bad combination
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by grandmaster1974(m): 8:13am On Mar 26, 2022
Don't disturb urself,no cause for alarm since u didn't get the money in ur account,just keep all ur evidence intact Incase they want to force u to pay cos the transaction should be treated as bad business fairmoney.keep all evidences tight cos u wil need them to prove u r innocent b4 d police,efcc etc but I can assure u ther is no cause for alarm cos it might be fairmoney insiders job
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Czartrips(m): 8:22am On Mar 26, 2022
This guy is very foolish. U visit a website. They only have one content. Why will linda ikeji create molina ikeji, why will fairmoney be giving out a grant and it is not on their official page but a fairmoneyVip. Guy fairmoney no scam u. U fell cheaply. So many red flags..going through the page. It is not even convincing enough... Just one content on the whole page and u foolishly fell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by ayobamiakinrind(m): 8:24am On Mar 26, 2022
grandmaster1974:
Don't disturb urself,no cause for alarm since u didn't get the money in ur account,just keep all ur evidence intact Incase they want to force u to pay cos the transaction should be treated as bad business fairmoney.keep all evidences tight cos u wil need them to prove u r innocent b4 d police,efcc etc but I can assure u ther is no cause for alarm cos it might be fairmoney insiders job

He took the loan, don't claim otherwise. Fairmoney do not care or decide how a borrower spends a loan. The loan was issued in his name, he fell for scam, not Fairmoney.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by felixawe(m): 8:53am On Mar 26, 2022
Theophinio:

Please read his statement clearly

He gave out his login details to the scammer without knowing

So the scammer initiated the loan and transferred the money from his fairmoney wallet to the bank of his choice

Otp code was sent to him to verify he is initiating the loan, but again he still gave it out to the scammer.

Fairmoney is not at fault in any way

Ok, despite that it should be corrected..... He clicked on a phisphing link. However, He can still obtain a warrant and affidavits and lodge a formal complain at the scammer's bank account so the account could be flagged.... The issue is, the guy was tricked and his money obtained under false pretense .
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Awesomeking: 9:01am On Mar 26, 2022
No be fair money scam u bro
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Vello(m): 9:02am On Mar 26, 2022
babaolofin:

They always have hands in all frauds related to them. We caught them real time last year. They are very fraudulent. The people working in that fairmoney in Nigeria are just destroying the reputation of the Indians.
I have no doubt it's an insider job.
Worst they'd do is forward the OP's name to the EFCC and from there, kasala go burst. But I'm sure Fairmoney would never take such action because it would only expose their complicity.
Nigerians are the most religious set of wicked demons

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by RichDaniels: 9:27am On Mar 26, 2022
Hello, please I'm a lawyer, don't bother yourself and don't spend the NGN150,000. Simply go to your nearest police station and make a report, get a police clearance, screenshot and send it to fair money together with all the evidence that shows you were duped, including the advert made and links. Ask fair money for an account to refund the NGN150,000, once you've paid it; they'll sort it out with the police, the scammers account and others. Do this ASAP

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by MBofLife: 9:30am On Mar 26, 2022
Good morning,

Here are the facts:
The website you went to: https://fairmoney.ng-pay.vip/Grant.html is not Fairmoney's website.
The fraudsters deliberately made that site look like Fairmoney's site and used it to defraud.

This is the authentic site: https://fairmoney.io/
You can see that you're encouraged to download the app because that's where all financial activities are carried out.

You've been scammed and you can't blame Fairmoney.

When an offer is too good to believe, you should be on high alert.

Hanks0000:
I saw a post about how I can earn ₦50,000 VIP grant weekely on fairmoney app and I decided to apply because I'm going through financial difficulties.

I clicked on the link on the post and I was redirected to

https://molinahealthcare.life

It looks identical to Linda ikeji's blog which made me believe it could be real, after following all the steps that was listed on the article, I was also redirected to this website.

https://fairmoney.ng-pay.vip/Grant.html

I was directed to log in my fairmoney account and to enter the OTP code that was sent to me through SMS by fairmoney, I entered the code on the site.

The next message I received was that ₦150,000 was transferred to Esther Blessing Odion (access bank) from my fairmoney account, a transaction I did not initiate.
I called Fairmoney to make a complaint about this transaction which I didn't perform and the transaction indeed happened.

That was when I realised I'd been scammed and I don't know what to do . I might commit suicide because I don't have any mean of repaying. I am a student and I was considering taking a top-up so that I can pay my lodge rent which is already due.

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 26, 2022
RichDaniels:
Hello, please I'm a lawyer, don't bother yourself and don't spend the NGN150,000. Simply go to your nearest police station and make a report, get a police clearance, screenshot and send it to fair money together with all the evidence that shows you were duped, including the advert made and links. Ask fair money for an account to refund the NGN150,000, once you've paid it; they'll sort it out with the police, the scammers account and others. Do this ASAP

If I understand what the OP wrote correctly, and I'm not a lawyer, he is not in possession of the money. The money has gone to fraudsters.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 26, 2022
gfon:
the holder of that account might even be innocent too,it might just be an account that was scammed too. They use the account and receive the money then move it again
That’s true sha.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by AmbassadoR100(m): 10:13am On Mar 26, 2022
First of all is What did Fairmoney say?

How did you manage to send someone money from Fairmoney app?

D real fairmoney I know isn't a scam but nevertheless if what you are saying actually happened which I doubt if you went through the App.... you will have to carry the cross.

Look for ways to clear the debt asap cos it will keep growing.

Thinking of suicide is wrong❗❗❗❗ Don't allow the devil trick you into killing yourself because of 150k

You have already made the mistake, pray and ask God for help.

Talk to your Uncle's, family, relations...be open to them and sincerely ask for their help. I believe they will come through. This is a cross you can't shy away from.
Hanks0000:
I saw a post about how I can earn ₦50,000 VIP grant weekely on fairmoney app and I decided to apply because I'm going through financial difficulties.

It looks identical to Linda ikeji's blog which made me believe it could be real, after following all the steps that was listed on the article, I was also redirected to this website.

I was directed to log in my fairmoney account and to enter the OTP code that was sent to me through SMS by fairmoney, I entered the code on the site.

The next message I received was that ₦150,000 was transferred to Esther Blessing Odion (access bank) from my fairmoney account, a transaction I did not initiate.
I called Fairmoney to make a complaint about this transaction which I didn't perform and the transaction indeed happened.

That was when I realised I'd been scammed and I don't know what to do . I might commit suicide because I don't have any mean of repaying. I am a student and I was considering taking a top-up so that I can pay my lodge rent which is already due.

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by bigjackass: 10:52am On Mar 26, 2022
Torg77:

lol formats everywhere. Some of you come here telling fairy tales then threaten suicide in hope that people will send you money. Nobody is going to send you money. If you die you die LOL
. He said he was owing 13000 before then the scammer took 150k from same fairmoney that he has an unsettled debt. Na there I no say na format
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Akpan107(m): 11:23am On Mar 26, 2022
Hanks0000:

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb
You have to start fighting on how to get your money back...

Try find out the recipient account details and get a court order to enable you track your money.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 26, 2022
The EfCC has replied to my email and it's receiving all the necessary attention and they they'd get back to me in due course.

Thank you so much everyone for your support.
May we never fall victim of scam again. IJN cry
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 26, 2022
Akpan107:
You have to start fighting on how to get your money back...

Try find out the recipient account details and get a court order to enable you track your money.

I have the scammer's account details has it shows on my fairmoney app. I have forwarded it to the EFCC and CBN but the CBN it must first be reported to Financial institution (Fairmoney) and if the complait isn't satisfactorily resolved by the Financial institution in the next 72 hours then I can escalate it to the CBN.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Videour(m): 12:49pm On Mar 26, 2022
Hanks0000:

I have the scammer's account details has it shows on my fairmoney app. I have forwarded it to the EFCC and CBN but the CBN it must first be reported to Financial institution (Fairmoney) and if the complait isn't satisfactorily resolved by the Financial institution in the next 72 hours then I can escalate it to the CBN.
contact access bank with that account details. Accompanied by evidence. Access is very responsive.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by samzy(m): 12:58pm On Mar 26, 2022
Sureboyy:
So sad.
This scammers are becoming more smart in ways to dupe people
Smh cry cry

Scammar are not smart... Just desperation pushing people into disaster
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 26, 2022
Videour:
contact access bank with that account details. Accompanied by evidence. Access is very responsive.

I have contacted them, they said I should report to Fairmoney or the EfCC.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Nigerian Cultist, 'Bruno' Killed By Rival Cult Member In Benin Republic (Photos) / Teacher Caught Having Sex With An 11-year-Old Student 2 Months Before Wedding / 7 Fulani Men Burnt In Gboko, Benue State (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.