Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney - Crime (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney (60192 Views)

US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics / Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent / How Yahoo Boy Swindled UK Lover Of £150,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Alexaonfleek: 8:21pm On Mar 25, 2022
pocohantas:

Really? I have never noticed. cheesy
Yes nau.
Their aim is to make young students drop their school fees, house rent or savings to invest in their ponzi scheme.
Just this strike period I've seen like 3 to 4 of them coming out.
When strike is over you don't hear much about them again.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by AutoChick4U(f): 8:24pm On Mar 25, 2022
WoundedLamb:

I think the gist is lost on you, bro. They took a loan of 150k using his account. He didn't have the money.
wahala. The problem is from d app na as they didnt send the money into his account
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by WoundedLamb: 8:26pm On Mar 25, 2022
AutoChick4U:
wahala. The problem is from d app na as they didnt send the money into his account

He mistakenly gave out his details to the scammers. The app would naturally send the money to any account the scammers present provided they have the right login details.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by pocohantas(f): 8:29pm On Mar 25, 2022
Alexaonfleek:
Yes nau.
Their aim is to make young students drop their school fees, house rent or savings to invest in their ponzi scheme.
Just this strike period I've seen like 3 to 4 of them coming out.
When strike is over you don't hear much about them again.

And great Nigerian students would drop their school fees o. Students get mind sha. I was always one of the first to pay my fees and my colleagues looked at me as a premium mumu.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by jclassiq(m): 8:29pm On Mar 25, 2022
Okay, good luck bro. See you on the other side...
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by GloriousGbola: 8:32pm On Mar 25, 2022
pocohantas:

And great Nigerian students would drop their school fees o. Students get mind sha. I was always one of the first to pay my fees and my colleagues looked at me as a premium mumu.

Now I remember how so many of my friends went cray on the mmm of our time. Freedom I think it was called.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Joiedevivre: 8:32pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:
I saw a post about how I can earn ₦50,000 VIP grant weekely on fairmoney app and I decided to apply because I'm going through financial difficulties.

I clicked on the link on the post and I was redirected to

https://molinahealthcare.life

It looks identical to Linda ikeji's blog which made me believe it could be real, after following all the steps that was listed on the article, I was also redirected to this website.

https://fairmoney.ng-pay.vip/Grant.html

I was directed to log in my fairmoney account and to enter the OTP code that was sent to me through SMS by fairmoney, I entered the code on the site.

The next message I received was that ₦150,000 was transferred to Esther Blessing Odion (access bank) from my fairmoney account, a transaction I did not initiate.
I called Fairmoney to make a complaint about this transaction which I didn't perform and the transaction indeed happened.

That was when I realised I'd been scammed and I don't know what to do . I might commit suicide because I don't have any mean of repaying. I am a student and I was considering taking a top-up so that I can pay my lodge rent which is already due.

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb
my sympathy
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by ubaken88(m): 8:34pm On Mar 25, 2022
You can't earn money with out work even the scammer put enough work before he are scammed. Sorry though
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by maasoap(m): 8:34pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:
I
I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

How could they lend you 150k? That's too much in my opinion!
Palmpay said I can only borrow N3,800 and that the maximum amount anyone can borrow is 10k but this one is lending out 150k!
BTW: how did money that was lent to you by Fairmoney app end up inside Esther account instead of yours? Are there some other naive steps you took that you don't want to reveal to us because of shame?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by AutoChick4U(f): 8:35pm On Mar 25, 2022
WoundedLamb:

He mistakenly gave out his details to the scammers. The app would naturally send the money to any account the scammers present provided they have the right log in details.
too bad
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Ombudsman1: 8:39pm On Mar 25, 2022
YOU WERE ELIGIBLE FOR A LOAN TO THE TUNE OF 150K, NOW INSTEAD OF OPTING FOR THAT TO INJECT INTO THE BUSINESS VENTURE YOU DESIRED, YOU GREEDILY WENT THE WAY OF GETTING 50K WITHOUT WORK AND IN UNDER 15 MINUTES. I MEAN WHO DOES THAT?

THE SCAMMER GOT YOUR LOGIN DETAILS VIA THE PHISHING SITE, INITIATED A LOAN REQUEST OF 150K USING YOUR FAIRMONEY ACCOUNT, BUT SINCE ITS TIED TO YOUR PHONE NUMBER WHICH HE DIDN'T HAVE, FAIRMONEY SENT YOU THE OTP WHICH YOU GLADLY SUPPLIED BACK TO FAIRMONEY HENCE COMPLETING THE LOAN REQUEST TRANSACTION. THE GUY ALREADY HAD YOUR LOGIN DETAILS ALL ALONG AND PROBABLY JUST SMILING AS YOU DID THE HARDWORK FOR HIM grin

AS SOON AS FAIRMONEY CREDITED YOUR FAIRMONEY WALLET WITH THE MONEY, THE SCAMMER TRANSFERRED THE 150K TO AN ACCOUNT OF HIS CHOICE LANDING YOU IN DEBT OF 150K PLUS INTEREST.

CLASSICAL TALE OF THE MAN WHO CARRIED AN ELEPHANT ON HIS HEAD BUT STILL TRYING TO PICK SNAILS WITH HIS FEET.

GREED DID THIS!

3 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by maasoap(m): 8:41pm On Mar 25, 2022
Ijaya123:
There’s no fair money in Fairmoney.

As a matter of fact, flee from all those loan apps. It usually doesn’t end well.

Peace, I’m out.

May be I'm not seeing the attachment clearly. It looks like he's going to pay back over 300k naira for borrowing 150k naira! Am I correct?
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by felixawe(m): 8:42pm On Mar 25, 2022
Look for money, petition Fair money, go to court and sue affidavit to restrict the account of the scammer, go to police station with the affidavit and obtain a warrant , get those documents along to the bank with a formal petition so that the account could be flagged & ATM and internet banking channel blockrd, anyone one who try to withdraw from the account will be arrested and sent to the police station where you obtain the warrant. That money most be recovered with interest.... Get like 30k ready.... That's all.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by determination21(m): 8:42pm On Mar 25, 2022
Show us the OTP message, such messages have warning but you guys won't adhere to it. Keep looking for free money without work.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by maasoap(m): 8:43pm On Mar 25, 2022
Ombudsman1:
YOU WERE ELIGIBLE FOR A LOAN TO THE TUNE OF 150K, NOW INSTEAD OF OPTING FOR THAT TO INJECT INTO THE BUSINESS VENTURE YOU DESIRED, YOU GREEDILY WENT THE WAY OF GETTING 50K WITHOUT WORK AND IN UNDER 15 MINUTES. WHO DOES THAT?

THE SCAMMER GOT YOUR LOGIN DETAILS VIA THE PHISHING SITE, INITIATED A LOAN OF 150K USING YOUR FAIRMONEY ACCOUNT, BUT SINCE ITS TIED TO YOUR PHONE NUMBER, FAIRMONEY SENT YOU THE OTP WHICH YOU GLADLY SUPPLIED BACK TO FAIRMONEY BUT THE GUY ALREADY HAD YOUR LOGIN DETAILS.

AS SOON AS FAIRMONEY CREDITED YOUR FAIRMONEY WALLET WITH THE MONEY, THE SCAMMER TRANSFERRED THE 150K TO AN ACCOUNT OF HIS CHOICE MAKING YOU IN DEBT OF 150K PLUS INTEREST.

CLASSICAL TALE OF THE MAN WHO CARRIED AN ELEPHANT ON HIS HEAD BUT STILL TRYING TO PICK SNAILS WITH HIS FEET.

GREED DID THIS!

Thanks for the explanation. But the interest on that loan no be here!
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by bobgentle: 8:44pm On Mar 25, 2022
Go to anti fraud desk department of the receivers bank with your exhibits and lay a complain for investigation and also send mail to CBN fraud desk and copy access Bank then wait for their response with prayer.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by determination21(m): 8:45pm On Mar 25, 2022
Ombudsman1:
YOU WERE ELIGIBLE FOR A LOAN TO THE TUNE OF 150K, NOW INSTEAD OF OPTING FOR THAT TO INJECT INTO THE BUSINESS VENTURE YOU DESIRED, YOU GREEDILY WENT THE WAY OF GETTING 50K WITHOUT WORK AND IN UNDER 15 MINUTES. I MEAN WHO DOES THAT?

THE SCAMMER GOT YOUR LOGIN DETAILS VIA THE PHISHING SITE, INITIATED A LOAN OF 150K USING YOUR FAIRMONEY ACCOUNT, BUT SINCE ITS TIED TO YOUR PHONE NUMBER WHICH HE DIDN'T HAVE, FAIRMONEY SENT YOU THE OTP WHICH YOU GLADLY SUPPLIED BACK TO FAIRMONEY HENCE COMPLETING THE LOAN TRANSACTION. THE GUY ALREADY HAD YOUR LOGIN DETAILS ALL ALONG AND PROBABLY JUST SMILING AS YOU DID THE HARDWORK FOR HIM grin

AS SOON AS FAIRMONEY CREDITED YOUR FAIRMONEY WALLET WITH THE MONEY, THE SCAMMER TRANSFERRED THE 150K TO AN ACCOUNT OF HIS CHOICE LANDING YOU IN DEBT OF 150K PLUS INTEREST.

GREED DID THIS!

Exactly what happened, I can't believe that someone who is a member of Nairaland will still fall for all this cheap scam.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Bbbw: 8:51pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hmm
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Ombudsman1: 8:51pm On Mar 25, 2022
determination21:

Exactly what happened, I can't believe that someone who is a member of Nairaland will still fall for all this cheap scam.

GREED IS POWERFUL. GREED OVERRIDES LOGIC. GREED OVERTHROWS REASON. GREED DISPLACES KNOWLEDGE.

WHEN GREED COMES UPON A MAN, HIS ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS, MORAL INCLINATION AND SPIRITUALITY ARE SEALED.

BUT HIS SHUT EYES ARE SOON WIDE OPEN AFTER THE DEAL GOES SOUTH
grin
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by maasoap(m): 8:53pm On Mar 25, 2022
Kooldame:
According to the app,you have also applied for a loan from fair money and you're currently owing them 300,000 plus so how did they defraud you when they received only 150k from d total money you're owing them.

Scammer defrauded him by receiving 150k of the total loan he took willingly and unwillingly.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by timbaJ: 9:04pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:
I saw a post about how I can earn ₦50,000 VIP grant weekely on fairmoney app and I decided to apply because I'm going through financial difficulties.

It looks identical to Linda ikeji's blog which made me believe it could be real, after following all the steps that was listed on the article, I was also redirected to this website.

I was directed to log in my fairmoney account and to enter the OTP code that was sent to me through SMS by fairmoney, I entered the code on the site.

The next message I received was that ₦150,000 was transferred to Esther Blessing Odion (access bank) from my fairmoney account, a transaction I did not initiate.
I called Fairmoney to make a complaint about this transaction which I didn't perform and the transaction indeed happened.

That was when I realised I'd been scammed and I don't know what to do . I might commit suicide because I don't have any mean of repaying. I am a student and I was considering taking a top-up so that I can pay my lodge rent which is already due.

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb
This is a full-blown scam.

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by adanny01(m): 9:08pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb

I will never send an OTP through uncomfirmed websites or to anyone, lessons learnt, you should never do it.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 25, 2022
akanbiaa:
They scammed you and you are still arguing that it is not scam. Then since it's not scam be patient while the scammer later returns your money.

I'm sorry if I sounded like I was trying to argue.
I'm just stressing that's why It sounded like I was arguing.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 25, 2022
Ombudsman1:

GREED IS POWERFUL. GREED OVERRIDES LOGIC. GREED OVERTHROWS REASON. GREED DISPLACES KNOWLEDGE.

WHEN GREED COMES UPON A MAN, HIS ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS, MORAL INCLINATION AND SPIRITUALITY ARE SEALED.

BUT HIS SHUT EYES ARE SOON WIDE OPEN AFTER THE DEAL GOES SOUTH
grin

Most of the comments here show that majority of youths here are scammers. They are only here to defend their business . Anybody blaming the victim is a scammer. I have reported fairmoney before that was last year but there are so many issues at hand.

Fairmoney have a Facebook account which have a 5 star rating but immediately you are defrauded fairmoney will claim it does not belong to them. While in the process of being scammed through the Facebook or fairmoney whatsapp group, any communication with fairmoney official email address, phone or messenger to verify before transfer will yield no result, but immediately the transfer is made, few minutes later, fairmoney will start to call you, email message will start to come in, reminding you of payment. The messenger chat will now be operational telling you, you have been scammed. If you are technical and trained on intelligence operations, you will realise, it is an insiders deal. Well planned fraud. Most of the boys blaming the victims are 419 boys.

Fairmoney frauds come in different formats. All these people blaming the victim are fraudulent team members.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 25, 2022
SocialJustice:
Is it fairmoney you are making payment to or who exactly? Report the account the money went to in access bank.

I have .ade a complaint to access bank too.
And Fairmoney Siad they've done that too and that I should wait till they get back to me.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by OblorOblor: 9:14pm On Mar 25, 2022
Op you looseguard big time. Unfortunately, the name you saw as the beneficiary might also be a victim whose card and identity were used to perfect the theft.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by SeunNotOwner: 9:16pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb

If the money was removed from your bank account, go lay complaining at your bank branch.

But if it was a loan taken on your credit and then sent to the person you mentioned.
Tell fairmoney to go after that user and collect their money.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 25, 2022
Tobidarker02:

You are a terrible liar
No loan app will borrow you extra money when you are still owing

I'm not lying sir.
Maybe other Fairmoney users can bare me witness.
Fairmoney allows loan top-up now.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 25, 2022
mrksquare:

Since you have the details of the account through which the money was paid, do a letter to EFCC.

I have sent an email to the EFCC too.
Nothing from them yet.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by SocialJustice: 9:21pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I have .ade a complaint to access bank too.
And Fairmoney Siad they've done that too and that I should wait till they get back to me.
OK, follow it up to the end. If they start ghosting you, report the matter to CBN and EFCC.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by mrksquare: 9:24pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I have sent an email to the EFCC too.
Nothing from them yet.

Look for the email of the bank the thief banks with and send them mail, explaining the situation. They will flag the account.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 25, 2022
eazy07:

Do you want to press further on investigating the receiver of the money?

Yes sir.
I'd like to press further sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

TC Okere Stabs His Wife To Death / Pastor, Female Assistant Burnt To Death By Jealous Lover In Bayelsa / Pastor At Kidnapped US Girl's Funeral In 1975 Charged With Her Murder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.