Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney - Crime (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney (60232 Views)

US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics / Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent / How Yahoo Boy Swindled UK Lover Of £150,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Mcslize: 9:25pm On Mar 25, 2022
HOW TO EARN 50K WEEKLY WITHOUT WORK

My brother, it's pure greed. Just look at the bolded.

Seriously I don't know people still believe that they can make money without lifting a finger.

Take this as an experience.

Hanks0000

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by KangaIye: 9:29pm On Mar 25, 2022
I saw this too but I smell scams so I back out
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 25, 2022
mrksquare:

Look for the email of the bank the thief banks with and send them mail, explaining the situation. They will flag the account.

I have sent an email to contactcentre@accessbankplc.com but I haven't gotten any responses as to whether they've received the email. Fairmoney Also said they have escalated the issue and that they have contacted access bank.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by kmaster007: 9:30pm On Mar 25, 2022
Dem shock you
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 9:32pm On Mar 25, 2022
SocialJustice:
OK, follow it up to the end. If they start ghosting you, report the matter to CBN and EFCC.

Thanks you so much for caring sir.
I'll go and look up how to contact CBN. I have contacted the EFCC but I haven't gotten response from them.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 25, 2022
Quantized92:
I'm sorry about your predicament but believe me u've been very reckless. How do u expect to make such money without work.

Nonetheless if u want to be a successful freelancer. Send me a DM @ my siggy

How can I contact siggy regarding how to become a freelancer please?
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Theophinio(m): 9:50pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:
I saw a post about how I can earn ₦50,000 VIP grant weekely on fairmoney app and I decided to apply because I'm going through financial difficulties.

I clicked on the link on the post and I was redirected to

https://molinahealthcare.life

It looks identical to Linda ikeji's blog which made me believe it could be real, after following all the steps that was listed on the article, I was also redirected to this website.

https://fairmoney.ng-pay.vip/Grant.html

I was directed to log in my fairmoney account and to enter the OTP code that was sent to me through SMS by fairmoney, I entered the code on the site.

The next message I received was that ₦150,000 was transferred to Esther Blessing Odion (access bank) from my fairmoney account, a transaction I did not initiate.
I called Fairmoney to make a complaint about this transaction which I didn't perform and the transaction indeed happened.

That was when I realised I'd been scammed and I don't know what to do . I might commit suicide because I don't have any mean of repaying. I am a student and I was considering taking a top-up so that I can pay my lodge rent which is already due.

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb

You saw the post here on this forum

I also saw it, but knew it was a scam

We should be very careful about all these internet marketing scam on this nairaland forum
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by johnnychuks(m): 9:52pm On Mar 25, 2022
Sorry about that bro, they are every where now, is even more from this people call them self easy buy, they will collect all your account details and next thing you see is debit alert from your bank, and they will denied it, but they are the one involve, the highest level of fraudulent in Nigeria now is alarming. I was a victim last two weeks through easy buy.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by wallrichy: 10:01pm On Mar 25, 2022
Can you hear yourself out? You said it's Not a scam but you were scammed.....Young man, there is no free lunch even in Freetown. Know this and be at peace. You were told by the advert that it's a scam where it's written that you don't have to work but your eagerness to make free money blinded you. Careful and good luck next time..

Hanks0000:

Because of the ASUU strike I have been more active on the internet looking for jobs.

I have tried Upwork and Fiverr but for some reasons I'm not qualified for some of the jobs. In fact I haven't made money on those free lancing apps.

This is not a scam. I have all the evidences. The conversation between me and the person and every other things to prove my post is not a scam.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Theophinio(m): 10:03pm On Mar 25, 2022
felixawe:
Look for money, petition Fair money, go to court and sue affidavit to restrict the account of the scammer, go to police station with the affidavit and obtain a warrant , get those documents along to the bank with a formal petition so that the account could be flagged & ATM and internet banking channel blockrd, anyone one who try to withdraw from the account will be arrested and sent to the police station where you obtain the warrant. That money most be recovered with interest.... Get like 30k ready.... That's all.

Please read his statement clearly

He gave out his login details to the scammer without knowing

So the scammer initiated the loan and transferred the money from his fairmoney wallet to the bank of his choice

Otp code was sent to him to verify he is initiating the loan, but again he still gave it out to the scammer.

Fairmoney is not at fault in any way

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 25, 2022
wallrichy:
Can you hear yourself out? You said it's Not a scam but you were scammed.....Young man, there is no free lunch even in Freetown. Know this and be at peace. You were told by the advert that it's a scam but your eagerness to make free money blinded you. Careful and good luck next time..

I didn't say it's not a scam.
The person said the post is a scam so I was trying to clarify that the post is not a scam.. What happened was a scam
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 25, 2022
Theophinio:

You saw the post here on this forum

I also saw it, but knew it was a scam

We should be very careful about all these internet marketing scam on this nairaland forum

Such has never happened to me and I can't wrap my head around it.
I'm just very depressed.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by kutitosin(m): 10:12pm On Mar 25, 2022
Sureboyy:
So sad.
This scammers are becoming more smart in ways to dupe people
Smh cry cry
This scam wasn't very sophisticated rather the person that fell for it was dumb and greedy.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Theophinio(m): 10:13pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

Such has never happened to me and I can't wrap my head around it.
I'm just very depressed.

I understand you perfectly

So sorry about your present predicament

Have efcc or access bank replied you
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 25, 2022
Theophinio:

I understand you perfectly

So sorry about your present predicament

Have efcc or access bank replied you

Access Bank just replied me and they said they are working on it and they'd get back to me in 24hrs but nothing yet from EFCC.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Captain92: 10:16pm On Mar 25, 2022
DryMouth:
Fairmoney didn't scam you.

You are a victim of phishing. That website am seeing there is not fairmoney's website, its a decoy website.

Always check websites well before clicking on it.
I would make a thread on phishing when i have time.

Pls do and save some lives
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Deffjam: 10:30pm On Mar 25, 2022
bigcee:

They collected a loan of 150k and he is to pay #321,200 in 5minths(#64,240 each month)
which app??
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by AuroraB(f): 10:33pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I have thought so much.
My mind hasn't been at rest since it happened..
I depend on the money I get from my parent as I am student and I'm not working.
Don't kill yourself. The worse that could happen is them maligning your image to your contacts. If anyone calls, tell him what happened. He that is down needs fear no fall. Boya Fairmoney will chase the culprit themselves
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 10:36pm On Mar 25, 2022
AuroraB:
Don't kill yourself. The worse that could happen is them maligning your image to your contacts. If anyone calls, tell him what happened. He that is down needs fear no fall. Boya Fairmoney will chase the culprit themselves

I don't have the mind for this.
I hope they can escalate the issue.
I have made complaints to multiple financial bodies.

Fairmoney
Access Bank
Efcc and CBN. I hope they can do something about it.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Viserion: 10:49pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:
I saw a post about how I can earn ₦50,000 VIP grant weekely on fairmoney app and I decided to apply because I'm going through financial difficulties.

It looks identical to Linda ikeji's blog which made me believe it could be real, after following all the steps that was listed on the article, I was also redirected to this website.

I was directed to log in my fairmoney account and to enter the OTP code that was sent to me through SMS by fairmoney, I entered the code on the site.

The next message I received was that ₦150,000 was transferred to Esther Blessing Odion (access bank) from my fairmoney account, a transaction I did not initiate.
I called Fairmoney to make a complaint about this transaction which I didn't perform and the transaction indeed happened.

That was when I realised I'd been scammed and I don't know what to do . I might commit suicide because I don't have any mean of repaying. I am a student and I was considering taking a top-up so that I can pay my lodge rent which is already due.

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb
I got the same message last week.. buy but I understood that it was a scam

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by seyz91(m): 10:59pm On Mar 25, 2022
cheesy
WatchYourSix:
you quickly jumped at the advert...since it said you will earn 50k without work...as in without work..?? Why we this our generation be like this ...how did you even click that kinda link?? Is there any thing like earning without work.??.

I feel for you shaaa...
I for say make we try contribute 2k for you...but I don tay for street to know say you fit dey package scam give us too...

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by rezzy: 11:02pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb

Interest rate is over 100%
You dey whine mi ni
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by rezzy: 11:07pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I have a loan I haven't paid before.
I was to pay 13,400 monthly for the next 5 months. I could handle that..

The scammer took a 150,000 loan + the commission and my own outstanding loan. That's why the loan balance is over ₦150.

How possible? You were owing them and they approved another loan?
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by kevotek1000(m): 11:13pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb

To commit suicide self no easy make u leave that first, na loan you mistakenly carry because they scam u no be person u kill. Ways out must always dey, feel free nothing go happen highest dey go call u tire... No kill itself o most pipo self no go even reason pay back.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by VicM6: 11:19pm On Mar 25, 2022
See as stupid Nigerian's dey reason.....earn 50k without work.....Op self is a thief, just that one is a big thief nd the other, a small thief. How can you just apply for an online stuff like that without making some research first enh, for this zoogeria.......Okay, you wan make fast 50k bah, satan don bath you today. u go learn asap
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by trevorhorace(m): 12:08am On Mar 26, 2022
Hanks0000:

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb

You didn't get scammed by fairmoney cos that's not their official website.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by 9iceprince(m): 12:13am On Mar 26, 2022
Just block the ATM card you added on the app and their forefathers can never deduct money from your account
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Allfavours: 12:18am On Mar 26, 2022
Since you know where the money went, write to your bank, fairbank, the bank where the money went and copy cbn, then wait for them to come and collect money you did not use.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by TheRealOwner(m): 12:33am On Mar 26, 2022
DryMouth:
Fairmoney didn't scam you.

You are a victim of phishing. That website am seeing there is not fairmoney's website, its a decoy website.

Always check websites well before clicking on it.
I would make a thread on phishing when i have time.
Please mention me on the thread when you do

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Ogun Teenager Arrested For Having Sex With A Goat / How We Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts: Fraudster (photo) / Naa Dromor Adjei Is Dead! Pastor Glitter Sower's Daughter Drugged By Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.