Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,842 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Peter Obi: Applying To Be Driver Of A Knocked-Out Car By Farooq Kperogi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: Applying To Be Driver Of A Knocked-Out Car By Farooq Kperogi (29159 Views)

Peter Obi: Applying To Be Driver Of A Knocked Out Car - Farouk Kperogi. / Andrew Nice, Driver Of The BRT Bus Bamise Ayanwole Boarded Speaks (Video) / 4 Blood Relatives Of President Buhari Who Work In Aso Rock By Farooq Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi: Applying To Be Driver Of A Knocked-Out Car By Farooq Kperogi by powerfulguy: 4:19pm On Mar 25, 2022
I first took notice of former Anambra State governor Peter Obi when one of his videos trended on social media earlier this year.

In the video, he described Nigeria as a motionless car with a knocked-out engine. Instead of fitting the immobile car with a new engine, he said, we keep changing the drivers in a forlorn effort to get the car to move.

I thought it was the profoundest metaphor anyone has ever conjured up to explain Nigeria’s problems.

It’s interesting that Obi is now putting himself up as another prospective driver to move a motionless car with a knocked-out engine. Perhaps, he wants to be the driver who’ll tell us that we need to change the engine.

Professor Pat Utomi also told me sometime ago that during a public lecture, Obi was inspired by and cited the widely shared column I wrote on the nexus between political power and brain damage but that Obi wrongly attributed the column to Utomi, as several people have done.

Utomi said he corrected Obi that I was the author of the article titled “How Political Power Damages the Brain—and How to Reverse it,” which was first published in the Nigerian Tribune of July 27, 2019.

That the column inspired Obi, for me, signals that he recognizes the dangers of unchecked political power and sees merit in the article's suggestion that wielders of enormous political power ensconced in the alternate reality it inspires should periodically get out of the bubbles of power to feel the pulse of everyday people and have “toe-holders” in their inner circle who “can tell them uncomfortable truths without fear of consequences.”

This is not, by any means, an endorsement of Obi's presidential bid. It’s simply an acknowledgement that Nigeria has a virile option in him.

https://twitter.com/farooqkperogi/status/1507373555205476358?t=lEHqkaq4N7icALYg66h_nA&s=19

74 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Applying To Be Driver Of A Knocked-Out Car By Farooq Kperogi by PrinceOfLagos: 4:20pm On Mar 25, 2022
I will pick Obi over the bullion van ever corrupt lizard of bourdilon Tinubu

385 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Applying To Be Driver Of A Knocked-Out Car By Farooq Kperogi by LeoDeKing: 4:21pm On Mar 25, 2022
Apparently, kperogi is desperately willing to be worshipped by ipob pigs. grin

The other day, he was describing PYO Osinbajo as a religious bigot, now he is svcking Peter Obi's balls.

By the time he is promoted to the status of a god, he dumps their sorry arss and move on like FFK. grin

377 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Applying To Be Driver Of A Knocked-Out Car By Farooq Kperogi by Donshegxy10(m): 4:28pm On Mar 25, 2022
I will pick TINUBU over obi all day, all the time.

377 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Applying To Be Driver Of A Knocked-Out Car By Farooq Kperogi by LeoDeKing: 4:29pm On Mar 25, 2022
[s]
PrinceOfLagos:
I will pick Obi over the bullion van ever corrupt lizard of bourdilon Tinubu

[/s]
It is your electoral right to pick whoever you like, fact.

But go ahead to market your Peter Obi and stop sniffing Tinubu's farts every time, except if his fart is Peter Obi's manifesto.

Is this too difficult a task?

365 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Applying To Be Driver Of A Knocked-Out Car By Farooq Kperogi by PrinceOfLagos: 4:31pm On Mar 25, 2022
LeoDeKing:
[s][/s]
It is your electoral right to pick whoever you like, fact.

But go ahead to market your Peter Obi and stop sniffing Tinubu's farts every time, except if his fart is Peter Obi's manifesto.

Is this too difficult a task?
Why is this one angry ?

Not everyone will support that already defeated and confused criminal you call Asiwaju

Asiwaju awon tani ?

Asiwaju awon werey grin

123 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Applying To Be Driver Of A Knocked-Out Car By Farooq Kperogi by Frigga13: 4:32pm On Mar 25, 2022
Igbos must encourage Obi.. even though Pdp has zoned to North
But is very very important they rally around Obi .. against 2027

Is politics

Northern Nigeria will vote Obi a billion times ahead of Tinubu

Fact#

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Applying To Be Driver Of A Knocked-Out Car By Farooq Kperogi by LeoDeKing: 4:33pm On Mar 25, 2022
Frigga13:
Obi is still an Option ..

Hot cake in the North.. same with Jonathan
Everybody don tire for Apc over here in the North
Now the North wan move forward .. but Yoruba people love suffering and smiling ..

This man is terrorizing Yoruba people .. now he wan involve Obi .

Na tribal BP and cardiac arrest be this

Make I excuse them .. I no fit about

Power returns North

This one will just be talking to himself all the time.

Now, what exactly have you said in the two disjointed and incoherent gibberish you just posted on this thread?

Hope you are aware this is nairaland, not alaigboland. cheesy

338 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Applying To Be Driver Of A Knocked-Out Car By Farooq Kperogi by Frigga13: 4:33pm On Mar 25, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Why is this one angry ?

Not everyone will support that already defeated and confused criminal you call Asiwaju

Asiwaju awon tani ?

Asiwaju awon werey grin

Obi decalration has hangered them.. e shock them..

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Applying To Be Driver Of A Knocked-Out Car By Farooq Kperogi by PrinceOfLagos: 4:34pm On Mar 25, 2022
Frigga13:

Obi decalration has hangered them.. e shock them..
You no lie bro

Even Seunmsg don go low key grin

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Applying To Be Driver Of A Knocked-Out Car By Farooq Kperogi by LeoDeKing: 4:35pm On Mar 25, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Why is this one angry ?

Asiwaju awon tani ?

Asiwaju awon werey grin
He has been defeated, he has been dumped, he is irrelevant, he stands no chance, but you can't just survive any comment without including him. grin

122 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Applying To Be Driver Of A Knocked-Out Car By Farooq Kperogi by Nbotee(m): 4:38pm On Mar 25, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Apparently, kperogi is desperately willing to be worshipped by ipob pigs. grin

The other day, he was describing PYO Osinbajo as a religious bigot, now he is svcking Peter Obi's balls.

By the time he is promoted to the status of a god, he dumps their sorry arss and move on like FFK. grin

U no dey tire

18 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Applying To Be Driver Of A Knocked-Out Car By Farooq Kperogi by LeoDeKing: 4:38pm On Mar 25, 2022
Donshegxy10:
I will pick TINUBU over obi all day, all the time.
This is an insult to Tinubu.

Tinubu is considering heavy weight politicians who can be distant second in the race, not a rat like Peter Obi. angry

112 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Applying To Be Driver Of A Knocked-Out Car By Farooq Kperogi by PrinceOfLagos: 4:39pm On Mar 25, 2022
LeoDeKing:

He has been defeated, he has been dumped, he is irrelevant, he stands no chance, but you can't just survive any comment without including him. grin
Tinubu is a political heavyweight only in Lagos . you can't deny that but, he over do his own politics especially in Lagos
He's very greedy and too corrupt

Tinubu won't make a good president

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Applying To Be Driver Of A Knocked-Out Car By Farooq Kperogi by Frigga13: 4:40pm On Mar 25, 2022
Yoruba people are conceding already..

They no believe say North go litter them Dey way the did..

Any Yoruba man in the north right now to tell their Yoruba people truth about the real asiwaju situation in the north

They don’t travel so ..

Yorub said they will punish northeast for betraying them grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Applying To Be Driver Of A Knocked-Out Car By Farooq Kperogi by Frigga13: 4:42pm On Mar 25, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Tinubu is a political heavyweight, you can't deny that but, he over do his own politics especially in Lagos
He's very greedy and too corrupt

Tinubu won't make a good president

Tinubu is a heavy WAIT .. politician in Yoruba land ..
Politician limited by tribe

Kperogi is telling them the honest truth.. like shetima and others Northerners have being doing

But Yoruba .. wey hate reality and realneas .. people that have been fed propaganda like food

How they wan take believe

15 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Applying To Be Driver Of A Knocked-Out Car By Farooq Kperogi by Frigga13: 4:49pm On Mar 25, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

You no lie bro

Even Seunmsg don go low key grin

grin

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Applying To Be Driver Of A Knocked-Out Car By Farooq Kperogi by Donshegxy10(m): 4:50pm On Mar 25, 2022
LeoDeKing:

This is an insult to Tinubu.

Tinubu is considering heavy weight politicians who can be distant second in the race, not a rat like Peter Obi. angry

i just want to make the haters feel special.

Jagaban is way bigger than all of them combined.

THE GREAT STRATEGIST.

138 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Applying To Be Driver Of A Knocked-Out Car By Farooq Kperogi by PrinceOfLagos: 4:55pm On Mar 25, 2022
Donshegxy10:

i just want to make the haters feel special.

Jagaban is way bigger than all of them combined.

THE GREAT STRATEGIST.
Strategist wey Buni dey flog up and down

Soon, Tinubu corrupt cases will be revisited.....
Una never see anything

18 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Applying To Be Driver Of A Knocked-Out Car By Farooq Kperogi by Donshegxy10(m): 4:58pm On Mar 25, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Strategist wey Buni dey flog up and down
Soon, Tinubu corrupt cases will be revisited..... Una never see anything
i pray and hope you dont die on tinubu's matter.

135 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Applying To Be Driver Of A Knocked-Out Car By Farooq Kperogi by PrinceOfLagos: 4:59pm On Mar 25, 2022
Donshegxy10:

i pray and hope you dont die on tinubu's matter.

12 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Applying To Be Driver Of A Knocked-Out Car By Farooq Kperogi by SmartPolician: 5:06pm On Mar 25, 2022
Every sane mind knows that Peter Obi is the right man for the job.

To fix Nigeria doesn't require grammar and baggage. Instead, you need people with the right pedigree and unique leadership skills to turn things around. That's what Peter Obi brings to the table.

But then, Nigerians are not even ready to fix their shithole.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Applying To Be Driver Of A Knocked-Out Car By Farooq Kperogi by Think9ja(m): 5:07pm On Mar 25, 2022
I'm only here to learn new words

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 / Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech / Ondo State Govt Cabinet Splits Into Factions Over Akeredolu’s Ill-health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.