Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,980 members, 7,956,661 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:29 PM

Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? (31069 Views)

Facts About Nigeria's Goalkeeper, Francis Uzoho With Pictures. / Francis Uzoho's Age Questioned By South African Man / Meet Francis Uzoho, Nigerian Youngest Goal Keeper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by richmanrichard: 9:37am On Mar 26, 2022
IMPARTIAL:
From all indications right now, it should be Uzoho.

Once upon a time, I disliked everything about him when he was on the pitch. But from what I saw yesterday, and in another recent match, the guy has matured.
Atleast you could label him 'average' then. Check since he got injured after d worldcup: it has been change of Barton of calamity from Akpei to Okoye. The only thing he lacked b4 was confidence. The keeper I saw yesterday was full of confidence. When I remember the goal that akpei conceded against Algeria last 2 afcon or Okoye's fresh horror; I wan cry.
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Dybala11(m): 9:38am On Mar 26, 2022
Femeto:
Egypt no test am abi?
Can you compare that match and the number of saves Uzoho had and how Nigeria was constantly under pressure for a long period??
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by mayor1814: 9:39am On Mar 26, 2022
I prefer Uzoho. He survived some wicked shots from the Ghanaians yesterday. He kept Nigeria in the game.

An average Nigerian girl will pick Okoye just to watch a fine boy on the pitch. But as real football enthusiast, the bet is on Uzoho any time any day. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by oxygeng: 9:39am On Mar 26, 2022
Can't remember this guy ever performing below average, even when he was hurriedly drafted into the world cup squad he gave a very good account of himself. Until that nasty injury vs Brazil friendly. Then one relegation warrior mediocre came into the scene and rendered the department tension soaked each time we played. God's time is the best, thanks for your patience @Uzoho, the coup plotters have been disgraced.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Monchengladbach(m): 9:39am On Mar 26, 2022
Uzoho gat the reflex

Okoye gat the bae
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by richmanrichard: 9:40am On Mar 26, 2022
Dybala11:

Can you compare that match and the number of saves Uzoho had and how Nigeria was constantly under pressure for a long period??
remind him of uzoho's World Cup saves. I doubt if he even watched the last worldcup
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by shantti(m): 9:40am On Mar 26, 2022
rickpat:
no bro...you are confusing uzoho for someone else...uzoho is 23year(football age) .only being to one world cup..2018...came into the seen under rohr....never was a back up for enyeama... except you are talking of Daniel akpeyi..who is 35years

Wait, a small boy like me is older than uzoho. grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Monchengladbach(m): 9:41am On Mar 26, 2022
Okoye dey collect steady for Belgium.
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 26, 2022
Dybala11:

Which dirty mindset??
Even if he told you that, common sense ought to tell you that you should do an investigation of your own to confirm his claims. Unfortunately your materialistic tendencies will not allow you to do that. grin
Also, you said that he's a Godly man and I asked you how you know that.
Like I said, na your kpekus go suffer am. grin

Let me ask you sef, was he the one that sent you a DM or it is the other way round?? grin
I sent the dm after he made that interview of been in no relationship and ready to mingle and he does not tell lies,he’s somehow shy sef.Dont worry about me,I don’t believe in premarital sex and he already knows that
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by rickpat(m): 9:41am On Mar 26, 2022
shantti:

Wait, a small boy like me is older than uzoho. grin grin grin
na make you dey see na... LoL
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Seunfretty: 9:41am On Mar 26, 2022
Wen you tell me Izoho had a better game yesterday please tell me how...he literarily didn't really make saves i tink...and he kept shooting the ball blindly and trying to cool down wat isn't needed...his NT good with his feet ...his just a panicking kind of goal keeper who doesn't exhude confidence
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by richmanrichard: 9:42am On Mar 26, 2022
Femeto:
God bless you. Rohr never played two games without a single goal. Ogunefon self no get pattern just like they were complaining about Rohr. It’s about results not Pattern.
Egouvon is not a coach. na sports minister.
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Sunnykind(m): 9:43am On Mar 26, 2022
Uzoho's composure is top notch. He should be maintained as the first choice keeper.
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by richmanrichard: 9:44am On Mar 26, 2022
Iyaebe:
I sent the dm after he made that interview of been in no relationship and ready to mingle and he does not tell lies,he’s somehow shy sef.Dont worry about me,I don’t believe in premarital sex and he already knows that
enter kitchen Abeg!
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Starz825(m): 9:45am On Mar 26, 2022
Johnrake69:
He did well. Our defenders too came into the game smoking hot.

In all, we should see off the Black stars of Ghana on Tuesday to secure the ticket to the mundial.
The funny thing is Ghana can shock us at home....
It happens..na football..
We have home advantage as per the comfort to play at home in front of our own fans and there is this home disadvantage as per pressure esp if Ghana score first...

I just pray Nigeria go through....Ghana doesn't worth the slot to a WC ..they have been woeful in recent games...

Imagine not seeing victor osihmen in the world cup....and senior man, ndidi, aribo
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 26, 2022
richmanrichard:
enter kitchen Abeg!
Done that already,by 5am I’m already up
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by MossLuv: 9:47am On Mar 26, 2022
Uzoho all the way. He is always my first choice.
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Femeto: 9:48am On Mar 26, 2022
Dybala11:

Uzoho is good no doubt but let’s stop bad mouthing Okoye because of one mistake.
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Femeto: 9:49am On Mar 26, 2022
Starz825:

The funny thing is Ghana can shock us at home....
It happens..na football..
We have home advantage as per the comfort to play at home in front of our own fans and there is this home disadvantage as per pressure esp if Ghana score first...

I just pray Nigeria go through....Ghana doesn't worth the slot to a WC ..they have been woeful in recent games...

Imagine not seeing victor osihmen in the world cup....and senior man, ndidi, aribo
Our home form is bad.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by richmanrichard: 9:49am On Mar 26, 2022
Iyaebe:
Done that already,by 5am I’m already up
your wahala na Rechargeable!
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 26, 2022
richmanrichard:
your wahala na Rechargeable!
Lol

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by richmanrichard: 9:51am On Mar 26, 2022
Femeto:
Our home form is bad.
Take it from me, Nigeria would humiliate Ghana in Abuja. I stressed "humiliate " not "beat".
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by mmsen: 9:52am On Mar 26, 2022
Elidrisy20:
They're both good keepers, the only difference is one is human and the other is monkey

Which na monkey?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by lavylilly: 9:52am On Mar 26, 2022
A Non-Govermental Organization (NGO) is currently working on a program targeted at unemployed or underemployed graduates with basic computer skill whereby they could work at their own space and pace.

Minimum pay is 50k monthly! You may signify interest if you care or know someone who needs it.

Send a mail to r.chibuogwu@gmail.com to be added to a work group! subject your mail "work group"

NB: if you are not computer savvy, you will be trained.
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Dybala11(m): 9:52am On Mar 26, 2022
Femeto:
Uzoho is good no doubt but let’s stop bad mouthing Okoye because of one mistake.
It's not about that particular mistake alone, that dominating performance by Uzoho overshadows Okoye's best moments with the Super Eagles. I used to be a very keen admirer of his, but always observe how shaky he looks at times and how he sometimes fail to communicate with the defenders, Uzoho was guilty of this too. But if Uzoho can keep up that performance, then Okoye and the likes will have no choice but be relegated to the bench.
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by lavylilly: 9:53am On Mar 26, 2022
Femeto:
Both needs to move to a big team an let's see how good they are
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by lavylilly: 9:54am On Mar 26, 2022
Dybala11:

It's not about that particular mistake alone, that dominating performance by Uzoho overshadows Okoye's best moments with the Super Eagles. I used to be a very keen admirer of his, but always observe how shaky he looks at times and how he sometimes fail to communicate with the defenders, Uzoho was guilty of this too. But if Uzoho can keep up that performance, then Okoye and the likes will have no choice but be relegated to the bench.
One game can not define a keeper
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by adioolayi(m): 9:54am On Mar 26, 2022
Both were exposed to unexpected shot... Tunisia scored theirs against Okoye, while Uzoho saved his from Ghanian.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by fitinwell: 9:55am On Mar 26, 2022
onatisi:

i never said he wasnt or isnt good oo. he gave a very very good account of himself yesterday. yesterday was very very difficult , that was a 70,000 jampacked stadium supporting the black stars and yet our boys played their game , made less silly mistake , kept their calm and composure . i really give kudos to them , they played very very very well. they showed their high level of experience , they were all the time building their attack from the back , that shows confidence

Ghana came to play Rough Game..

I didn't see any professionalism between supa eagle and Black star team..

Rough game ..playing like amatures..
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by lavylilly: 9:55am On Mar 26, 2022
undecided
richmanrichard:
i would say we went out bcoz we did not go to aFcon with a coach. If we had retained rohr, we would ve made d final.
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by lavylilly: 9:56am On Mar 26, 2022
Kelvin3476:
OKOYE IS CURRENTLY A WATFORD PLAYER BECUS OF HIS HARDWORKS. ONE SILLY MISTAKE CNT MAKE HIM USELESS. I CNT FORGVE UZOHO 4 HIS WORLD CUP PERFORMANCE
Why is he not the first team keeper

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pele Congratulates Ronaldo On Moving Into Top 5 All Time National Team Scorers / Betting Account Funding With Airtime / Chukwueze & Teammates Celebrate Villareal's Thrashing Of Juventus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.